Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,822 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

Is Pastor Chris An Entertainer? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Pastor Chris An Entertainer? (5766 Views)

Why Is Pastor Adeboye Visiting Governors With Mandates Challenged In Court? / What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala / Is Pastor TB Joshua A Member Of Illuminati?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Pastor Chris An Entertainer? by ogoamaka99(m): 10:17am On Jun 11, 2011
In one of the thread, I asked the sons of Belial, if pastor Chris is a criminal, a fraud, or a charlatan as they said, why are people trooping and paying money to enter stadium where he is to hold night of bliss. Why are people paying money to enter the auditorium where Pastor Chris is to hold the crossover night?

The answer, one of the sons of Belial and perdition gave was that people are paying money to enter stadium to go and listen to pastor Chris entertain them. I ask again members of this forum “Is Pastor Chris an entertainer?” If he is an entertainer, what kind of entertainment is he giving the people that they are paying money to enter stadium? If he is not an entertainer what are people paying money to enter stadium to listen him if he is a fraud, a charlatan or criminal?  Knowing fully well that people don’t celebrate criminal, a fraud or a charlatan. People don’t pay money simply to go and listen to a criminal. I wait for the answer.
Re: Is Pastor Chris An Entertainer? by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 11, 2011
^

You are truly an idol worshiper, following after man and not GOD.

I have never heard you elevate Jesus and worship him by your words, it always about pastor Chris this and pastor Chris that.

Is Pastor Chris now the mediator between you and GOD or does JESUS mean anything to you ?

1 Like

Re: Is Pastor Chris An Entertainer? by Enigma(m): 10:33am On Jun 11, 2011
Well, Oyaks could indeed be their mediator! Remember, both Oyaks and Joagbaje have told us that Jesus is not our intermediary.

Please don't tell them that the Bible says that Jesus is our mediator!
Re: Is Pastor Chris An Entertainer? by lepasharon(f): 12:50pm On Jun 11, 2011
he teaches hedonism
Re: Is Pastor Chris An Entertainer? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 11, 2011
^^

absolutely correct !
Re: Is Pastor Chris An Entertainer? by nuclearboy(m): 1:37pm On Jun 11, 2011
Hedonism ke? shocked

Don't you think that is going too far?
Re: Is Pastor Chris An Entertainer? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jun 11, 2011
^^

Hedonism is a school of thought which argues that pleasure is the only intrinsic good.[1] This is often used as a justification for evaluating actions in terms of how much pleasure and how little pain (i.e. suffering) they produce. In very simple terms, a hedonist strives to maximize this net pleasure (pleasure minus pain).
Re: Is Pastor Chris An Entertainer? by nuclearboy(m): 2:13pm On Jun 11, 2011
^^ I know what hedonism is.

But whist the man is in love with money/pleasure, hedonism has traditionally been associated with more physical (carnal and sexual) behavior. You know I have issues with the man with anyone reading this will get the wrong idea. David Koresh & Revd King preached hedonism - Chris Oyaks does not, except we wish to stretch the truth and witch-hunt him
Re: Is Pastor Chris An Entertainer? by ogoamaka99(m): 2:40pm On Jun 11, 2011
Don't divert the thread .An issue was raised so let us base our argument on the subject.
Re: Is Pastor Chris An Entertainer? by OmoTier1(m): 5:22pm On Jun 11, 2011
Whether He be entertainer or not, the Souls God has used him to snatch from hell and Satan is far more important!
Re: Is Pastor Chris An Entertainer? by exolve(m): 7:15pm On Jun 11, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

hahahaha, Abeg no let Pastor Chris Boyz fast cos of you
Re: Is Pastor Chris An Entertainer? by ezyhno: 7:26pm On Jun 11, 2011
i think you are trying to be an entertainer too,
Re: Is Pastor Chris An Entertainer? by Osama10(m): 7:27pm On Jun 11, 2011
Enigma:

Well, Oyaks could indeed be their mediator! Remember, both Oyaks and Joagbaje have told us that Jesus is not our intermediary.

Please don't tell them that the Bible says that Jesus is our mediator!

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is Pastor Chris An Entertainer? by Mynd44: 7:52pm On Jun 11, 2011
Who is Pastor Chris
Re: Is Pastor Chris An Entertainer? by Davidosh: 8:07pm On Jun 11, 2011
I admire Pastor Chris, I love his passion for the word of God. If that's wot u call entertainment then dats fine. That same passion has been there right from his university days and just increased.
I wonder why its hard for people to understand that Pastor Chris did not happen overnight, OMG this Pastor Chris channelled his childhood, his youth and adult life in sort he mortgaged his life to prove God's word, I mean we are talking over 30years, surely he is no ordinary person, I think its unfair to think he is a criminal.
I dont care what it is, but if you believe and are passionate in something in season and out of season for 30 years, and that something has to do with God, e no get how u no go be extraordinary wonder.

What is hedonism?, I have heard him speak and gone for a few of his conferences and buoy that Man knows what he's talking about. All that he teaches is the word of God - undiluted.
Re: Is Pastor Chris An Entertainer? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 11, 2011
It seems like nairaland has now become a forum 4 discussing the actions of Pastors & men of God. We are not God. Let's leave judgement 2 the ultimate Judge pls. A word is enough 4 the wise!
Re: Is Pastor Chris An Entertainer? by markovnikoff001(m): 8:23pm On Jun 11, 2011
Over the past decade or so religious messages have been watered down significantly. Gone are the days when true pietistic individuals attend church, people who went to church simply to get close to God, and the churches preached abidance with all the teachings of the bible and the punishment that comes with not doing so. But I guess that was too boring and stringent for the greater populace, so the message changed to something more attractive and we began to hear messages like "our God is not a poor God", "religion is not of the outer(dress sense) but of the heart, "give and you shall receive a thousand fold" etc. And suddenly it was an all-comers affair; people who went to church still did as they wished as long as they "asked for forgiveness each time" after all "Our God is a forgiving God"

Now people give all kinds of present to the Pastor just so that they could reap multi-presents from God-well the Pastor said so.  So the attention shifted from being truly Godly to owning enough materialistic possessions to lead a comfortable life. Even people that make their money by not-too-clean means have found a way to wash away the dirt off their ill-gotten wealth by giving part of their booty to a "Man-of-God". Suddenly pastors no longer are the model of  Jesus Christ, the one whose line they claim to toe, they have now become everything we see on "Fabulous Life of the Filthy Rich"

I guess the only way they can keep up with the kind of life they have become used to is to do whatever is necessary to keep the cash cows coming to their church, even if it comes down to providing a little entertainment for the congregation from time to time. So is Pastor Chris (and a whole host of others) an entertainer? YES!
Re: Is Pastor Chris An Entertainer? by aletheia(m): 8:25pm On Jun 11, 2011
ogoamaka99:

“Is Pastor Chris an entertainer?”
^
Yes!
ogoamaka99:

If he is an entertainer, what kind of entertainment is he giving the people that they are paying money to enter stadium?
^
Precisely why people are paying money to enter stadiums to watch him; just like people will pay to enter stadiums to watch Lionel Messi play.

ogoamaka99:

If he is not an entertainer what are people paying money to enter stadium to listen him if he is a fraud, a charlatan or criminal?

^
He is an entertaining fraud and charlatan.

ogoamaka99:

Knowing fully well that people don’t celebrate criminal, a fraud or a charlatan. People don’t pay money simply to go and listen to a criminal. I wait for the answer.
^
Deluded folks like you pay money, even sell all their goods to listen to charlatans like Chris Oyakhilome.
2Tim 4:3-4 For the time will come when they [read ogoamaka99] will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers [read Chris Oyakhilome etc], having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

. . .and all the world wondered after the beast.

Quite frankly; you are downright silly, shallow and pathetic. And stop opening silly threads whose only argument is that Chris Oyakhilome is genuine because of the crowds that attend to him.
Re: Is Pastor Chris An Entertainer? by mabell: 8:46pm On Jun 11, 2011
For how long will you live in serious ignorance
the sooner you step out of this bitterness against men of God, the better for you

@poster,
pastor chris is a man sent from God just like some other people
he has discovered his purpose and is walking in it
but he must still have those against him, even Jesus did
so
Re: Is Pastor Chris An Entertainer? by MMM2(m): 9:11pm On Jun 11, 2011
op
he is a man of GOD.
Re: Is Pastor Chris An Entertainer? by OmoTier1(m): 9:21pm On Jun 11, 2011
Sadly, not one of you who say whatever sooths you will be remembered after you die, and even beyond.

In your death, hell will not quake neither will heaven be glad. Why? because your life was a life lived for self and not others!

Take this home; "Not a single man who have chased after great men are remembered"

So, why not find your path in God and walk in it with fear and trembling! Pastor Chris is walking his, why do n't you walk yours without casting aspersion on another?
Re: Is Pastor Chris An Entertainer? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jun 11, 2011
una nor dey fear God? Stupid thread,
Re: Is Pastor Chris An Entertainer? by deelobe: 9:38pm On Jun 11, 2011
ogooamaka you might mean well but do not ask questions that gender controversy. Your relationship with God is also personal if you feel okay with Pastor Chris stay there but do not force people to agree with your opinion that is what causes controversy
Re: Is Pastor Chris An Entertainer? by PapaBrowne(m): 1:14am On Jun 12, 2011
Pastor Chris was born with 2 legs, 2 hands, 2 eyes and a brain just like every one of his critics.
One difference between him and his critics is that  he believed something and dedicated his life to it.
By any count and any measure, what he choose to believe is working excellently well for him. By any count and any measure, he is an absolute Success!

Can his critics say the same of themselves Most of these critics are living their lives in misery expecting the government or their brother or the employer to help fix their lives. Pastor Chris on the other hand is helping fix other peoples lives.

Truth is the millions of folks that follow him are doing so because they gain tremendously from him. If they don't gain nothing they wouldn't follow him.

I am not a member of his church but I see him on TV  and I can attest from the words he speaks that the man is a huge encouragement to his followers. Listening to him has the capacity to break whatever limitation you had set for yourself.
I must add also that his impact is global. At a hotel in Switzerland, his book(Rhapsody) was at the reception desk for all visitors to pick freely. I thought to myself, this man don reach here!! Go to India, Brazil, South Korea, Hawaii etc and you will find Pastor Chris impact!!
For all I care, the man is extremely successful. His haters should go and achieve their own success and leave him alone.

Dictionary definition of success
1)The accomplishment of an aim or purpose

2)The attainment of popularity or profit

3)A person or thing that achieves desired aims or attains prosperity
Re: Is Pastor Chris An Entertainer? by EPOMA(m): 4:10am On Jun 12, 2011
Davidosh:

I admire Pastor Chris, I love his passion for the word of God. If that's wot u call entertainment then dats fine. That same passion has been there right from his university days and just increased.
I wonder why its hard for people to understand that Pastor Chris did not happen overnight, OMG this Pastor Chris channelled his childhood, his youth and adult life in sort he mortgaged his life to prove God's word, I mean we are talking over 30years,  surely he is no ordinary person, I think its unfair to think he is a criminal.
I dont care what it is, but if you believe and are passionate in something in season and out of season for 30 years,  and that something has to do with God,  e no get how u no go be extraordinary wonder.

What is hedonism?, I have heard him speak and gone for a few of his conferences and buoy that Man knows what he's talking about. All that he teaches is the word of God - undiluted.  

so what would say of Billy Graham
Re: Is Pastor Chris An Entertainer? by EPOMA(m): 4:14am On Jun 12, 2011
enamaye:

una nor dey fear God? silly thread,

So is Pastor chris God, Just answer the question. I think Pastor chris looks more like a Micheal Jackson with his hair as an entertainer than a preacher. The Bible says we should be moderate in a every thing , so na him dey bring all the insult to himself
Re: Is Pastor Chris An Entertainer? by Jaideyone(m): 6:20am On Jun 12, 2011
^^ u're a stupid donkey. Show me a place in the bible that says a pastor should not take good care of his hair. Even the bible told us that Arons cloth was made for beauty and glory.
Re: Is Pastor Chris An Entertainer? by Dominionng(m): 9:13am On Jun 12, 2011
Re: Is Pastor Chris An Entertainer? by obailala(m): 10:51am On Jun 12, 2011
Whether Pastor Chris is an entertainer like dbanj or a fraudster or whatever people might want to call him, the most important thing is that his ministry has saved a lot of souls and changed a lot of lives. Whether we like it or not, these men of God are truly anointed by God but the fact remains that they are still 'men' so they can still be swayed into mistakes by things of the world. Judgment should be left for God so we should be careful the way we despise MOG.

"Despise not my anointed"

In the Bible, David had several opportunities to kill Saul whom was after his life but he refrained cos he didnt want to touch God's anointed. Interesting point from this story was that at these times, Saul had even lost the anointing and the anointing was actually on David but he still refrained.

Jesus Christ told the desciples in Matt23:3, "Therefore whatever they tell you to observe, that observe and do, but do not do according to their works; for they say, and do not do."

My pastor always reminds us that pastors are human and can also make mistakes but rather than laugh at them or ridicule them whenever they go wrong, we should try as much as possible to pray for them cos as pastors, they are usually under attack and are prone to daily temptations by the evil one.

Pastors cannot always be right so as Xtians, we should endeavour to read our Bibles to get directions instead of always swallowing whatever 'Pastor' says.
Re: Is Pastor Chris An Entertainer? by deadie(m): 12:14pm On Jun 12, 2011
Justosaus:

It seems like nairaland has now become a forum 4 discussing the actions of Pastors & men of God. We are not God. Let's leave judgement 2 the ultimate Judge pls. A word is enough 4 the wise!

M M M:

op
he is a man of GOD.

Typical religious nut jobs, properly referred to as sheep/flock by "men of God". A* holes.
Re: Is Pastor Chris An Entertainer? by Honda29: 1:41pm On Jun 12, 2011
"pastor" chris oyakhwhatever is a scammer.
He does so well because the world is substantially full of mugus (idiots)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COCIN Sends Pastor To UK To Set Up New Church (pictures) / What Is A Familiar Spirit? / This Religion Promises Its Followers Hell.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.