Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,395 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? (10542 Views)

Is It Right To Look Into The Mirror At Late Night??? / How Often Do You Look At Yourself In The Mirror In A Day? / The Average Woman Spends 2 Years Of Her Life Looking At Herself In The Mirror! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 16, 2014
Pavore9: hmm...what does my post reflect?

You are addicted to traveling so it's in order that you are into skyping a lot with your Love ones. And the fact is you can't “Skype” without a smart phone so I concluded you are kinda addicted.
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Sep 16, 2014
I could go on 3 days without looking at a mirror. (My talcum powder and lip gloss days)
Wtf! Just believe you are beautiful and yes you are.
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by MizDuski: 12:02am On Sep 17, 2014
1hr @ most
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by dokunbam(m): 12:13am On Sep 17, 2014
can go forever
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by 1stoma(m): 12:26am On Sep 17, 2014
jst passing bye

Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by Nobody: 12:27am On Sep 17, 2014
Being playful with my reflection is a good investment of my time. I don't even spend a lot of time dressing, but I can spend a lot of time singing, dancing and playing with facial expressions in the mirror. Other people would think I'm mad if they watched me undecided

Tonight's song of choice was the Soul Glo advert song from Coming to America grin.
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by Poisonspirit: 1:13am On Sep 17, 2014
A month
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by Lailerh(f): 4:46am On Sep 17, 2014
Odilafta: I actually hate looking in the mirror >sad because the one in my house makes ones head look like coconut
oh my God grin
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by AbdulSokoto(m): 6:12am On Sep 17, 2014
Most of us (guys) dont even have a mirror, we only look on to mirror if we go to barbing saloon.
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by odikomo1(m): 8:06am On Sep 17, 2014
smiley
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 17, 2014
...for more than two months, I have not seen a
M
I
R
R
O
R

cool cool cool
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by Vikky014(f): 9:27am On Sep 17, 2014
cococandy: How many ladies can go out a day without first looking in the mirror?
'Not I' said cococandy.
Many of us even carry one around with us in our handbags.lol

Unfortunately,from mere habit this has turned into a full blown obsession for many women.

While it may not be harmful at first,continuous indulgence in this obsession has led to conceit and vanity and sometimes narcissism for those who don't like what they see

Studies have shown that this addiction is becoming a globally recognized one and scientists have developed a method know as mirror fasting to help women work on this addiction and improve on their self esteem.
my fone is my best mirrow
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by maygah(f): 9:32am On Sep 17, 2014
everyday before leaving home, except on days am not going out
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by Bellasharonne(f): 3:14pm On Sep 17, 2014
i dont think i can "mirror fast" cause there is a mirror in the bathroom,i even look at the mirror while i am bathing cheesy and when i am about to go out those are the only times i look at the mirror tho undecided ... and i dont carry a mirror in my purse its extra load to me undecided ... and i look at the mirror whenever a friend of mine tells me there is something on my face or something.

1 Like

Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by 500samuel(m): 7:01pm On Sep 17, 2014
I can't remember the last time I look at it...I guess it must be dusty now.. am coming let me go and check it
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by cocopeach(f): 5:44am On Sep 18, 2014
Chillisauce: Sometimes I walk pass a car, or a window shop, ...
Reverse just to catch a glimpse of my self and shape and also the hair .It's was that bad grin
These days, I have reduced the reverse method.
I just use the slow motion method
grin
Chillisauce: Sometimes I walk pass a car, or a window shop, ...
Reverse just to catch a glimpse of my self and shape and also the hair .It's was that bad grin
These days, I have reduced the reverse method.
I just use the slow motion method

Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by STENON(f): 6:06am On Sep 18, 2014
6 months
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by tomiobj(m): 9:27am On Sep 18, 2014
cococandy: Most of us don't even know how addicted we are to mirrors until there's none available
. Abajo. Its a girl that made this. and most guys think they can go forever without looking in a mirror. but it isn't possible because you cant avoid a mirror in your daily life. Eg rear view mirror,smartphone screens,glass reflection windows and others, looking in a pond. And the mirror in a mall
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by Dani4tech(m): 9:54pm On Sep 18, 2014
cococandy: can I give up my mirror addiction?

A NEW beauty trend is on the rise which promises to help women feel more confident – introducing “mirror fasting”. The theory is that by avoiding looking in mirrors for a significant period of time you will become less fixated on your image and will boost your self-esteem.

Excerpts from a convert's testimony

Debbi is happy to be reunited with her mirror [grin]
This is right up my street as while I don’t see myself as a particularly vain person I can’t deny that I’m somewhat addicted to my reflection. We have nine mirrors at home, three of which are in my bedroom.

When I admitted to a friend how much I check myself before going out she was amazed I found time to leave the house at all.

I don’t stand there gazing adoringly. I scrutinise myself from every angle, keen to see how others view me, so I know exactly what is going to step out of the door. Once outside it doesn’t stop. Car and shop windows are perfect for a quick image check.

Sometimes when I’m out for dinner I even have to make sure my seat doesn’t face a window or mirror otherwise I’m distracted by my own face all night.

A recent study, published in the journal Behaviour Research and Therapy, found that women look in the mirror around 38 times a day

I’m not alone. A recent study, published in the journal Behaviour Research and Therapy, found that women look in the mirror around 38 times a day.

It’s clearly high time I begin my mirror fast. For a week I decide to allow myself a small hand mirror to do my make-up and a cursory glance in a full-length mirror to make sure I avoid any sartorial skirt-tucked-into-knickers nightmares. I then cover the main mirrors in my house. I’m under no illusion that a habit I’ve had for years will be hard to break.

My first task is getting ready in the morning. I no longer spend precious minutes agonising over the new wrinkles etching themselves into my face or the odd blemish that may or may not evolve into a pimple. Basic tasks such as brushing my teeth or putting in my contact lenses are considerably more challenging. I play my outfits safe by wearing tried and tested jeans and T-shirt combinations but I can’t deny I’m anxious. Using a small hand mirror I quickly apply some eyeliner and mascara.

However, the second I leave the house to take my son to nursery, I’m hit by my reflection in a car window. I duck my head before being greeted by a bank of reflective office windows lining the road.

Usually I would glance sideways in order to make sure I’m standing up straight or to see if my bottom has changed in size since I left the house.

Now I’m not able to, I’m suddenly aware of how much I seek out my reflection.

My new plan is to keep my eyes in front of me and allow myself to think about other things such as the various meetings I have to arrange.

“It will get easier,” I reassure myself but like a true addict I’m suffering from withdrawal. I can’t help feeling that my teeth aren’t clean enough and I have to rely on friends to tell me if I have any spinach caught between them.

I don’t see any upsides to avoiding the mirror until my new regime comes into its own after one particularly late night.

Instead of gazing at hungover bloodshot eyes I scurry past every reflective surface and head out of the door carefree. If I have no idea how wretched I look I can’t possibly be bothered by it.

I reach new heights halfway through the week when I complete the nursery drop off in my scruffy gym gear but I find it impossible to remain reflection-free for the entire week. A rogue mirror in a public toilet catches me unaware.

At the end of my week I’m eager to check in the mirror that all is as it should be.

It’s a thrill to see myself brush my teeth and get dressed with the reassurance of my reflection.

Part of me misses the freedom of not worrying about what I look like though and since my experiment I’ve made a conscious effort to cut down on how much I look at myself.

Mirror fasting made me quite anxious at first but as the days passed I felt liberated as I became used to not checking myself every minute.
grin i'll keep on scrolling....
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by solog: 1:29am On Sep 21, 2014
I do luk ma self in a Mirror evry each day of ma life i cnt do withut it bcause it shws me nd mk me feel am a special person.
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by milkytea(f): 12:07am On Nov 24, 2014
I could go all day smiley but only if I'm not going out.
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by fuckerholic(m): 1:45am On Dec 27, 2014
Men that are also adicted to mirror are worth pitying honestly ! For me I can't remember the last time I looked on the mirror unless accidentaly on an entrace alumaco door of a shop or fast food joint.
Re: How Long Can You Go Without Looking In The Mirror? by charlie34: 11:32am On Oct 20, 2022
If you want to look great in your wash basin mirror, you must know the right placement. It should be above eye level for most users. If you're short, you may want to hang it a few inches below.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shitposting General / Math Quiz... Can You Get The Right Answer. / Happy New Year Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.