Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? (11409 Views)

Queen Okwukwe Nwoko Ejected From Palace Over Allegation Of Infidelity(photo) / When Did The gods Start Eating Cream Crackers? / Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by latino2swt(m): 11:26am On Jul 23, 2014
Like any other philosophical term, infidelity has diverse meaning but for the purpose of this writeup, Infidelity is a violation of a couple’s assumed or stated contract regarding emotional and/or sexual exclusivity. Simply put, it is an act whereby a married person do have sexual affair with another person outside their marriage.
In my state(Akwa Ibom), it is a very serious crime or do i say a taboo. The penalty for the crime is not meted out by human but the god of infidelity(ekpo nkagwo). The penalty may be death of the children or the wife. But it's a thing of concern that the crime is gender-based. It's a taboo when it involves a married woman but a sign of still being a 'guyman' when the man does it. When a woman cheat sexually on her husband, she has less than 48hrs 2 confess 2 her hubby or the 'ekpo nkagwo' deity(god of infidelity) strike her or one of her children dead. Granny told me it's a way of controlling or stopping women from this diabolical act. She said the 'ekpo nkagwo' fears no age, social status or position but why should HE fear gender?
Uptil now i'm still to get the answer to some of the questions i asked granny about this issue; WHAT OF THE MAN THAT SLEEP WITH THE MARRIED WOMAN? Or WHAT OF A MARRIED MAN THAT SLEEP AROUND OUTSIDE HIS MARRIAGE? Granny keep on saying she has no right to answer such questions, that the men understand better.
There is a saying that what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. If it's a traditional/culturally legalized act for married men to sleep around, why should their female counterpart die for the same act? This look like another case of gender discrimination. Even as a man, i disapprove this! Nobody is above the law and it's no respecter of gender and as such man or woman should receive the same punishment for the crime.
Betwwen 2008 and 2013, my village recorded not less than eight(cool death for this act(only women) and you will hear men saying 'that serves them right' when not less than 30 of dem commit the same crime yearly.
This deity is virtually in almost all the tribe in Nigeria with different penalties. And to the best of my knowledge, the penalty whether severe or not comes only when women commit the crime.
And my question now is, IS THIS NOT GENDER DISCIMINATION? OR ARE THE gODS BLIND?

13 Likes

Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by latino2swt(m): 2:25pm On Jul 23, 2014
latino2swt: IS THIS NOT GENDER DISCIMINATION? OR ARE THE gODS BLIND?

hmmm... Tradition
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by kingston277(m): 6:18pm On Jul 23, 2014

1 Like

Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by eusuph99: 3:54am On Jul 25, 2014
Yes dey are blind. NEXT
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by Kalvan: 3:55am On Jul 25, 2014
Abeg, there is no god.

5 Likes

Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by Simplyunique: 3:55am On Jul 25, 2014
Dunno. #storyforthegods
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by simplex2: 3:58am On Jul 25, 2014
Even the gods understand the plight of men and excuses us for one or two shortcomings.

Its a man's world grincheesy

1 Like

Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by eghos12(m): 3:58am On Jul 25, 2014
they nor blind o men use juju tire the gods eyes from time in memoria
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by MissyDivah(f): 3:59am On Jul 25, 2014
If u ask me na who I go ask tongue

1 Like

Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by Javanian: 4:01am On Jul 25, 2014
This is what you get when adults in the 21st century think 15th century myths hold any water.

10 Likes

Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by Tayo114: 4:06am On Jul 25, 2014
Kalvan: Abeg, there is no god.
make mama patient no go hear u.

diaris god oooo

5 Likes

Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by shadowwalker101: 4:07am On Jul 25, 2014
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Space booked
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by Alikaxon(m): 4:20am On Jul 25, 2014
Men are polygamous from onset. Even in the bible; king solomon and the rest of them. Have you ever heard of a woman that was polygamous?... Pls, that is not to say am justifying men cheating. But its high time you people stop taking the issue of gender equality and discrimination too far, up to a point you now want to change the style of the said "infidelity god" that was there before ur grandma was born. Why don't you just ask God to make women start paying groom's price if men do pay brides price in the name of equality?. See, there is nothing like equality, but there should be equity. Both sexes has areas of strenght and weakness..... Op; do u still want to agitate for women to be made KING? We better just leave some things the way we met it.

9 Likes

Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by HooxJnr(m): 4:22am On Jul 25, 2014
Naija police be like @op, why are you disturbing the sleep of nairalanders @ this time of the day.U are a suspect. U are under arrest.

2 Likes

Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by aminho(m): 4:26am On Jul 25, 2014
dem too dey go kolumbi for side now is it potato in dia trouser
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by NaLaugh: 4:46am On Jul 25, 2014
More like blind people
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by Guidette(f): 4:53am On Jul 25, 2014
The rules are made by men. So why shouldnt it favour them?

13 Likes

Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by gerrardomendes(m): 5:00am On Jul 25, 2014
Maybe they lack Vitamin A
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by gbaskiboy: 5:07am On Jul 25, 2014
We truly need gods that speak to men
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by snadguy007(m): 5:38am On Jul 25, 2014
wetin u expect, the gods don collect bribe nah.....no be nigeria we dey ?? cheesy
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by ritux: 5:42am On Jul 25, 2014
I asked this same question during one of our learning sessions at NYSC camp Nsi Atai Akwa Ibom state but did not get any answer from the traditional ruler that came to lecture us on their laws and customs.

I remember he said Ekpo Nkagwo will kill the woman while the man will buy a goat and some drinks to appease the gods.

In some part of my tribe, if the married woman commits adultery or sleeps outside, it is the husband that will fall very ill for a very long time until the wife confesses. I mean this is mad...the gods must be really crazy.

2 Likes

Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by Enity: 5:44am On Jul 25, 2014
There is no way you can justify infidelity, it is breaking the contract of marriage, co- signed by the man and the woman, God is no respecter of any person, be you a man or a woman. Stop anything that can STOP you.

1 Like

Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by kudoxs(m): 5:46am On Jul 25, 2014
How many comments and this is already on FP, so at this age and time some people still believe in human carvings called gods. Thought Human reasoning has evolved beyond this but guess am wrong!
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by JideTheBlogger(m): 5:51am On Jul 25, 2014
questions for the gods wink
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by englishmart(m): 5:59am On Jul 25, 2014
Op, is that the god of infidelity below your thread.?
So you can see the god?
That means the god is impotent.
Infidelity is a serious taboo.
I don't know why TIVS don't know this.
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by fnep2smooth(m): 6:03am On Jul 25, 2014
kudoxs: How many comments and this is already on FP, so at this age and time some people still believe in human carvings called gods. Thought Human reasoning has evolved beyond this but guess am wrong!
mu mu .... Go to other country like INDIA, china and some part of asia that does not even know the name of jesus. The guy is taking about it tradition and there believe so better leave it and focus on what you believe

2 Likes

Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by passionate88: 6:05am On Jul 25, 2014
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by unmask: 6:09am On Jul 25, 2014
men don't cheat, they have the right to sleep with whomever they want
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by Chrisx1x(m): 6:10am On Jul 25, 2014
kudoxs: How many comments and this is already on FP, so at this age and time some people still believe in human carvings called gods. Thought Human reasoning has evolved beyond this but guess am wrong!
its nt abt what u believe,its wat is happening.
Believe it or nt,its only genuiely born again christians that are free frm the influences of these deities

1 Like

Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by torchwave: 6:13am On Jul 25, 2014
No such thing as gods. They are but demonic entities our fathers blindly worshipped. That is one reason they pervert justice and are incapable of mercy.

3 Likes

Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by machi25(f): 6:13am On Jul 25, 2014
This is where FAITH plays a huge role....if you commit such act and have true repentance about it with faith, Nothing will happen 2 u..It is gender discrimination and its very common in the east
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by san316(m): 6:22am On Jul 25, 2014
In my place, igala land, there is a belief related to that but the cause and bearer of punishment are different. They are called ''ib'egwu''(ie the dead) who r usually ancestors of the family. When a man marries an unfaithful wife, he knws she is unfaithful and doesn't do anything, he will face the wrath of the 'ib'egwu'. Also, when a man allows his wife to cntrl him without taking action, a terrible fate awaits him, either death or a protracted illness. Atleast this is the belief. I dnt subscribe to it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Turns Woman: Mr Dapo Adaralegbe, Now Miss Stephanie Adaralegbe / Your Eulogising Name (ORIKI) / Not Every Somali Is Racist.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.