Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? (11427 Views)

Queen Okwukwe Nwoko Ejected From Palace Over Allegation Of Infidelity(photo) / When Did The gods Start Eating Cream Crackers? / Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by machi25(f): 6:25am On Jul 25, 2014
Alikaxon: Men are polygamous from onset. Even in the bible; king solomon and the rest of them. Have you ever heard of a woman that was polygamous?... Pls, that is not to say am justifying men cheating. But its high time you people stop taking the issue of gender equality and discrimination too far, up to a point you now want to change the style of the said "infidelity god" that was there before ur grandma was born. Why don't you just ask God to make women start paying groom's price if men do pay brides price in the name of equality?. See, there is nothing like equality, but there should be equity. Both sexes has areas of strenght and weakness..... Op; do u still want to agitate for women to be made KING? We better just leave some things the way we met it.
....is high time u guys stopped deceiving yourselves.what is paying bride price compared to fending 4 the family?? Or don't u know that most women are now the bread winners of their families while the man plays full house husband,the woman toils 2 provide 4 her kids including the man.Don't even get me started ooo

1 Like

Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by lilmax(m): 6:31am On Jul 25, 2014
Cheating makes women cheap

1 Like

Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by Nobody: 6:34am On Jul 25, 2014
gods of infidelity ko, gods of outfidelity ni. undecided

There's nothing like that!
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by basille(m): 6:38am On Jul 25, 2014
Welcome to Nigeria, even the gods are corrupt.
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by lakamua: 6:38am On Jul 25, 2014
@op. if u want to cheat ,did anybody stop u. oversabi dey kill small pikin. u are nw wiser than all ur forefathers. women defence minister. u did not complain of equality wen they made laws dat men must pay bride price. u guys are tryin to copy oyibo dat always end up in broken marriages which goes to punish the women more. hv u asked ursef why women of nowadays suffer more dan their mothers who obeyed traditional laws?.
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by Nobody: 6:43am On Jul 25, 2014
latino2swt: Like any other philosophical term, infidelity has diverse meaning but for the purpose of this writeup, Infidelity is a violation of a couple’s assumed or stated contract regarding emotional and/or sexual exclusivity. Simply put, it is an act whereby a married person do have sexual affair with another person outside their marriage.
In my state(Akwa Ibom), it is a very serious crime or do i say a taboo. The penalty for the crime is not meted out by human but the god of infidelity(ekpo nkagwo). The penalty may be death of the children or the wife. But it's a thing of concern that the crime is gender-based. It's a taboo when it involves a married woman but a sign of still being a 'guyman' when the man does it. When a woman cheat sexually on her husband, she has less than 48hrs 2 confess 2 her hubby or the 'ekpo nkagwo' deity(god of infidelity) strike her or one of her children dead. Granny told me it's a way of controlling or stopping women from this diabolical act. She said the 'ekpo nkagwo' fears no age, social status or position but why should HE fear gender?
Uptil now i'm still to get the answer to some of the questions i asked granny about this issue; WHAT OF THE MAN THAT SLEEP WITH THE MARRIED WOMAN? Or WHAT OF A MARRIED MAN THAT SLEEP AROUND OUTSIDE HIS MARRIAGE? Granny keep on saying she has no right to answer such questions, that the men understand better.
There is a saying that what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. If it's a traditional/culturally legalized act for married men to sleep around, why should their female counterpart die for the same act? This look like another case of gender discrimination. Even as a man, i disapprove this! Nobody is above the law and it's no respecter of gender and as such man or woman should receive the same punishment for the crime.
Betwwen 2008 and 2013, my village recorded not less than eight(cool death for this act(only women) and you will hear men saying 'that serves them right' when not less than 30 of dem commit the same crime yearly.
This deity is virtually in almost all the tribe in Nigeria with different penalties. And to the best of my knowledge, the penalty whether severe or not comes only when women commit the crime.
And my question now is, IS THIS NOT GENDER DISCIMINATION? OR ARE THE gODS BLIND?

Mr civil right activist, there is what is called tradition, many people are born to face it. also, traditions differs depending on the tribe and it's mostly an african/asians practices. And do More research, there are some that favors women
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by iykedare(m): 6:44am On Jul 25, 2014
A woman cant satisfy a man with a p0ussy so she has no reason trying to sleep with more than one man

1 Like

Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by Imoy(m): 6:54am On Jul 25, 2014
Anybody be it man or woman craving for gender equality is disobeying the bible (God's word).

"Women, be submissive to your husband".

God was not drunk wen he said dat, so stop craving for gender equality, women by nature are to be submissive no matter her status in life. Just as someday here said "its a man's world.

1 Like

Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by jericco1(m): 6:57am On Jul 25, 2014
All these superstitious beliefs...ugh
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by AdeniyiA(m): 7:00am On Jul 25, 2014
Discrimination? blindness?
i don't think so, there are lots of explanations to this nd lots of intertwined reasons starting from creation.
Ponder the following questions,
*why was d woman created from man?
*why was the hymen created wt the woman?
*why did God bring Salvation(Jesus) to the world through a Virgin, without intercourse?
we should know these that since the woman was created from the man, whatever affects her affects the man also. if her child dies or any other thing happens to her, can we say the man is unconcerned?
The man wasn't judged/cursed for direct sinning but for "listening to his wife" Gen. 3:17. Basically, it has always been about the woman.
finally, should the woman who is source of life or medium thru wch the earth is replenished be unclean/promiscuous? surely not, it'd defeat what God stands for nd His creations utterly corrupted.
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by Imoy(m): 7:01am On Jul 25, 2014
lakamua: @op. if u want to cheat ,did anybody stop u. oversabi dey kill small pikin. u are nw wiser than all ur forefathers. women defence minister. u did not complain of equality wen they made laws dat men must pay bride price. u guys are tryin to copy oyibo dat always end up in broken marriages which goes to punish the women more. hv u asked ursef why women of nowadays suffer more dan their mothers who obeyed traditional laws?.
Best comment so far,
bros 1000likes for u. No mind d Op, he thinks God dat ask women to be submissive didn't knw wot he was doing.
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by Raphael007(m): 7:17am On Jul 25, 2014
machi25: ....is high time u guys stopped deceiving yourselves.what is paying bride price compared to fending 4 the family?? Or don't u know that most women are now the bread winners of their families while the man plays full house husband,the woman toils 2 provide 4 her kids including the man.Don't even get me started ooo
. Young man a woman being the bread winner has nothing to do with it, in my place where I come from it used to affect the man and the people found out that the women where using it to get rid of their husband and the elders of the land reversed it. Now if It happens its on the woman's head and she must die, as a man that saw her do the thing or meet the woman and the man in an uncompromising way, and you don't raise an alarm you are not free from it either. You will also meet your Waterloo to me I think its a wonderful tradition to checkmate the the life of the woman but their is a twist like the man said men are polygamous in nature, its been there from time immemorial and to tell you the truth some women love it so don't get it twisted these where laws laid down by our forefathers to chackmate the lives of their wife. Don't forget there was circumcision then and the women had high sex libido that it takes the grace of God to satisfy, now things are different so to me I welcome it ladies from my state don't really want to marry their men this days, why because they know the implication if they try it they are gone, So they prefer outsiders so even if it happen if it not forbidden from where the man came from then she can do anything she want. I am talking of Esan people of Edo state not the bini's but Esan people it is a taboo to sleep with another man's wife cheers.
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 25, 2014
ONLY STUPIID PEOPLE ABIDE BY STUPIID LAWS.USELESS TRADITIONS AND USELESS GODS THAT BELONG TO THE 16TH CENTURY.THEY COULDN'T STOP SLAVERY&COLONISATION FROM HAPPENING.ALL THEY KNOW IS HOW TO PUNISH WOMENangry

3 Likes

Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:32am On Jul 25, 2014
I know of "magun" (don't climb) among the Yoruba.
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by latino2swt(m): 7:43am On Jul 25, 2014
Joined Nairaland 21/7/2014.
My 1st thread on 23/7/2014.
The thread hit frontpage on 25/7/2014.
This is encouraging... Promise to do more n give out my best..

For Football, Romance n Culture, i'm here 4 u...

One luv

1 Like

Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by popson1st: 8:12am On Jul 25, 2014
Na men made the juju, so they made it to work in their favour. The god has been programmed to deal with women, not men.
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by mcfarlin(m): 8:15am On Jul 25, 2014
Talk about backwardness in the 21st century.

This same “gods” couldn't hinder colonization from occurring

They couldn't prevent the white men from defeating their so called powerful KINGS.

But I still love the principle of leaving their gods to fight for them unlike some other religion who fight for their spineless god!..

tongue cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by omoadeleye(m): 8:20am On Jul 25, 2014
Alikaxon: Men are polygamous from onset. Even in the bible; king solomon and the rest of them. Have you ever heard of a woman that was polygamous?... Pls, that is not to say am justifying men cheating. But its high time you people stop taking the issue of gender equality and discrimination too far, up to a point you now want to change the style of the said "infidelity god" that was there before ur grandma was born. Why don't you just ask God to make women start paying groom's price if men do pay brides price in the name of equality?. See, there is nothing like equality, but there should be equity. Both sexes has areas of strenght and weakness..... Op; do u still want to agitate for women to be made KING? We better just leave some things the way we met it.

a woman being a polygamous depend on the culture of the society, e.g. in India a woman is the one that pay the dowry and she can also.be marry to many husband she preferred
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by oppinionated(f): 8:30am On Jul 25, 2014
Why don't you just ask God to make women start paying groom's price if men do pay brides price in the name of equality?. See, there is nothing like equality, but there should be equity. Both sexes has areas of strenght and weakness.....

Its a fallacy to say women do not have polygamous inclinations too. Go and read about Catherine the Great of Russia. What OP is trying to say is what is good for the goose is good for the gander too.
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by Amhappy(f): 8:41am On Jul 25, 2014
I heard of a story of a pastor who was struck dead for not exposing his wife's infidelity. This happened somewhere in Nsukka. I believe there is a manipulation somewhere. There many other satanic manipulation term traditions.

2 Likes

Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by Sparklesebony: 8:53am On Jul 25, 2014
torchwave: No such thing as gods. They are but demonic entities our fathers blindly worshipped. That is one reason they pervert justice and are incapable of mercy.

Word.

It is only a demon tagged "god" that perverts justice. The true God does not. He is a merciful God but no impartial.
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by mcfarlin(m): 9:05am On Jul 25, 2014
omoadeleye:

a woman being a polygamous depend on the culture of the society, e.g. in India a woman is the one that pay the dowry and she can also.be marry to many husband she preferred

Well that's good at least they grant women some measure of superiority

Unlike some religions where you are permitted as a man to have a harem of women,and you are at liberty to trample upon the civil rights of women..e.g covering them with tents..even burning them alive if they are caught doing something as little as idle chitchat with an “infidel”.
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by wellmax(m): 9:12am On Jul 25, 2014
A key that opens all locks is a master key. A lock opened by all keys is useless.
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 25, 2014
Men are polygamous in nature, they love adventures. Not that the one they have isn't good for them but they also will like to invade the next. Thats why I'll always advocate for respect coming first in marriages. In my culture, any titled man who eats the food cooked by his adulterous wife tends to fall sick. So, when such strange sickness arises fingers are pointed on the wife believe this, no woman will like to live with d stigma that she ''killed her husband because of her waist''. I don't call this gender descrimination. By the biblical diffinition of ''lust'' all men are adulterer. I strongly believe that women are not to be given chances. We are easily carried away by what we hear. Imagine a family of five kids with no resemblance only one looks like the parent: what do we suspect.. I do not support infidelity on the side of a man, but if one person should be faithful, I'll always say it should be the WOMAN.

1 Like

Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by kingvicking(m): 9:18am On Jul 25, 2014
shadowwalker101: [img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Space booked

Booked for?
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by cococandy(f): 9:23am On Jul 25, 2014
Ask your village elders for the truth. tongue
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by tete7000(m): 9:33am On Jul 25, 2014
I believe this question should be left for those who engage in infidelity to answer. As for me I am out. The bible says those who walks in the light have nothing to fear.
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by shizzleStar: 9:37am On Jul 25, 2014
Guidette: The rules are made by men. So why shouldnt it favour them?
You mean the rules that 'ekpo nkagwo' should punish cheating wives? May be the women should converge and create a god and give him a rule so there can be a balance gringrin
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by Dbestmax(m): 10:00am On Jul 25, 2014
Mtchewwww!!!...make una dey die dey go dia....C ginger..so incase d women do 4 outside dem go run come confess 2 dia hubby...usE fear fill dia head...WTH
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by oluvick(m): 10:24am On Jul 25, 2014
@op, when we talk about computers, we also talk about the programmers. So it's the same with this issue you raised. Who instituted this "act of betray your spouse and die"? MEN! Trust me, you wouldn't want to do something that will harm or not profitable for you.
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by JuanDeDios: 11:24am On Jul 25, 2014
Raphael007: . Young man a woman being the bread winner has nothing to do with it, in my place where I come from it used to affect the man and the people found out that the women where using it to get rid of their husband and the elders of the land reversed it. Now if It happens its on the woman's head and she must die, as a man that saw her do the thing or meet the woman and the man in an uncompromising way, and you don't raise an alarm you are not free from it either. You will also meet your Waterloo to me I think its a wonderful tradition to checkmate the the life of the woman but their is a twist like the man said men are polygamous in nature, its been there from time immemorial and to tell you the truth some women love it so don't get it twisted these where laws laid down by our forefathers to chackmate the lives of their wife. Don't forget there was circumcision then and the women had high sex libido that it takes the grace of God to satisfy, now things are different so to me I welcome it ladies from my state don't really want to marry their men this days, why because they know the implication if they try it they are gone, So they prefer outsiders so even if it happen if it not forbidden from where the man came from then she can do anything she want. I am talking of Esan people of Edo state not the bini's but Esan people it is a taboo to sleep with another man's wife cheers.
It's good they changed that. What I don't understand is why they have refused to change the one about people for The Four United Quarters not being allowed to marry among themselves. These are four large communities and this anachronistic tradition is unprogressive. If they can make changes on the adultery issue it shows they are progressive and willing to change tradition which is highly commendable. Now, they should address their strict exogamy issue which prevents people from the same community who are unrelated by blood from getting married.
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by JuanDeDios: 11:29am On Jul 25, 2014
machi25: ....is high time u guys stopped deceiving yourselves.what is paying bride price compared to fending 4 the family?? Or don't u know that most women are now the bread winners of their families while the man plays full house husband,the woman toils 2 provide 4 her kids including the man.Don't even get me started ooo
Women are now breadwinners in most families? Please tell me about it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Your Eulogising Name (ORIKI) / 14- Odu Irete Meji- Eji Elemere Let Your Fortunes Make You A Better Person! / Conflicting Police, DSS Reports On Agom Adara's Killers In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.