Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,727 members, 7,824,061 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? (11428 Views)

Queen Okwukwe Nwoko Ejected From Palace Over Allegation Of Infidelity(photo) / When Did The gods Start Eating Cream Crackers? / Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by JEITO: 11:44am On Jul 25, 2014
African and asian (especially midle eastern traditions), have generally been unfair to women.

I believe they all have their roots from ancient cultural practices that reduced women to just another possession owned by men.

Well maybe now that Mavel's comic hero @Thor is now a woman, things might change or better stilll, relocate to columbia or tasmania where women are permitted to sexually assault men.
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by akpanbaba: 11:55am On Jul 25, 2014
From some of the posts one can say many married women are really involved in this infidelity thing.May God help us My advice is that married women should desist from thess krukere moves because you dont know how this god operates.To those who are born and married in township and think that this does not exist,you better look before you leap.Just my advice because this god strikes in different ways.
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by kudoxs(m): 12:09pm On Jul 25, 2014
fnep2smooth:
mu mu .... Go to other country like INDIA, china and some part of asia that does not even know the name of jesus. The guy is taking about it tradition and there believe so better leave it and focus on what you believe
so u can't get your message across without insulting first? Issokay, continuuu
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by mcfarlin(m): 1:54pm On Jul 25, 2014
[s][/s][quote author=DestinedSharon]Men are polygamous in nature, they love adventures. Not that the one they have isn't good for them but they also will like to invade the next. Thats why I'll always advocate for respect coming first in marriages. In my culture, any titled man who eats the food cooked by his adulterous wife tends to fall sick. So, when such strange sickness arises fingers are pointed on the wife believe this, no woman will like to live with d stigma that she ''killed her husband because of her waist''. I don't call this gender descrimination. By the biblical diffinition of ''lust'' all men are adulterer. I strongly believe that women are not to be given chances. We are easily carried away by what we hear. Imagine a family of five kids with no resemblance only one looks like the parent: what do we suspect.. I do not support infidelity on the side of a man, but if one person should be faithful, I'll always say it should be the WOMAN.

Greedy men are polygamous in nature and from the beginning GOD created one man for one woman

Billions of people have lived and are living and will still live with one partner and be faithful all their lives...monogamy is the ideal...unless of course you have two bodies in one....polygamy is one of the vices of the devil and infidelity its cousin

The truth is that POLYGAMY=LEGALIZED ADULTERY.....

Sad though heaven is for the pure...but the devil is still winning the majority I.E the perverse minded over to hell!!..
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by Stillfire: 3:15pm On Jul 25, 2014
DestinedSharon: Men are polygamous in nature, they love adventures. Not that the one they have isn't good for them but they also will like to invade the next. Thats why I'll always advocate for respect coming first in my marriage. In my culture, any titled man who eats the food cooked by his adulterous wife tends to fall sick. So, when such strange sickness arises fingers are pointed on the wife believe this, no woman will like to live with d stigma that she ''killed her husband because of her waist''. I don't call this gender descrimination. By the biblical diffinition of ''lust'' all men are adulterer. I strongly believe that I should not be given chances. I am easily carried away by what I hear. Imagine a family of five kids with no resemblance only one looks like the parent: what do we suspect.. I do not support infidelity on the side of a man, but if one person should be faithful, I'll always say it should be me.

Speak for yourself and say 'I am easily carried away by what I hear'.
See what a woman is writing...hehehe
Women are indeed their worst enemies. grin
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by kandiikane(m): 4:45pm On Jul 25, 2014
Alikaxon: Men are polygamous from onset. Even in the bible; king solomon and the rest of them. Have you ever heard of a woman that was polygamous?... Pls, that is not to say am justifying men cheating. But its high time you people stop taking the issue of gender equality and discrimination too far, up to a point you now want to change the style of the said "infidelity god" that was there before ur grandma was born. Why don't you just ask God to make women start paying groom's price if men do pay brides price in the name of equality?. See, there is nothing like equality, but there should be equity. Both sexes has areas of strenght and weakness..... Op; do u still want to agitate for women to be made KING? We better just leave some things the way we met it.

Women do pay for the groom in other cultures and there are cultures where women can marry more than one man. Your point is?
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by Paulv(m): 4:48pm On Jul 25, 2014
It's men/man that carve those wood. Do u thnk they wil program it to destroy/kill fellow man! Think abut it.
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 25, 2014
Guidette: The rules are made by men. So why shouldnt it favour them?

there was no goddam 'gods' involved. Just the handiwork of insecure psychopaths cool

1 Like

Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by Ephemmm: 7:01pm On Jul 25, 2014
The reason might be that the founder of 'ekpo nkagwo' did not include equality/equity in its mode of operation because of their selfish interests. If they do, they could have been the first culprits...
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by lakamua: 8:32pm On Jul 25, 2014
all these men that support anytin called woman. for ya mind women go like u. u are just a learner. women dont like woman rapa. they will only clap for u and follow the other men so quit all d hypocrisy
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by omoadeleye(m): 9:56pm On Jul 25, 2014
mcfarlin:

Well that's good at least they grant women some measure of superiority

Unlike some religions where you are permitted as a man to have a harem of women,and you are at liberty to trample upon the civil rights of women..e.g covering them with tents..even burning them alive if they are caught doing something as little as idle chitchat with an “infidel”.

my brother that was why I said it depend on the custom and norm of the society. one man meat is another man poison. that is how they are doing in one Society is a taboo to another society.

1 Like

Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:55pm On Jul 25, 2014
machi25: ....is high time u guys stopped deceiving yourselves.what is paying bride price compared to fending 4 the family?? Or don't u know that most women are now the bread winners of their families while the man plays full house husband,the woman toils 2 provide 4 her kids including the man.Don't even get me started ooo

very Good. Paganism is Progressive and does not go by books.

So the Laws can be changed to suit "these days".

THose were the laws of then. These are the Laws of now.

1 Like

Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:59pm On Jul 25, 2014
mcfarlin: Talk about backwardness in the 21st century.

This same “gods” couldn't hinder colonization from occurring

They couldn't prevent the white men from defeating their so called powerful KINGS.

But I still love the principle of leaving their gods to fight for them unlike some other religion who fight for their spineless god!..

tongue cheesy

FOOL! SINCE WHEN DID THE GODS BECOME INVOLVED IN HUMAN POLITICS AND INDEPENDENCE MOVEMENTS?

DO YOU THINK THAT THE GODS BELONG TO NIGERIANS ALONE?

FIRST LEARN ABOUT PAGANISM AND THEN TALK! angry

1 Like

Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by kingston277(m): 12:44am On Jul 26, 2014
mcfarlin: Talk about backwardness in the 21st century.

This same “gods” couldn't hinder colonization from occurring

They couldn't prevent the white men from defeating their so called powerful KINGS.

But I still love the principle of leaving their gods to fight for them unlike some other religion who fight for their spineless god!..

tongue cheesy
The whitemans christian god couldn't help him defeat Nigerians until practically the 20th century
He couldn't help stop the takeover of the moors over Spain
Couldn't help hinder immigration and takeover of government positions
Couldn't stop Africans from frequently raiding the fort towns
Couldn't help defend the christian Ethiopian, Nubian and Egyptian kingdoms from whiteman's conquest(christian self-haters like to ignore that)
Couldn't help defeat the Haitians and save his people from their take-over, etc.
And people still believe Nigerian were the only people in the world taken over, too.
Spineless people!

1 Like

Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by mcfarlin(m): 6:46am On Jul 26, 2014
kingston277:
The whitemans christian god couldn't help him defeat Nigerians until practically the 20th century
Couldn't help defeat the Haitians and save his people from their take-over, etc.
And people still believe Nigerian were the only people in the world taken over, too.
Spineless people!
[s][quote author=kingston277]

Yeah all the wars u mentioned are typical guerrilla warfare.

Also the african god couldn't help them in their thinking and shift them from primitive existence.

Couldn't give them the brains to advance in science rather they were consoled and are still consoling themselves with witchcraft.

Couldn't make them reason beyond abominable practices like killing of twin

Couldn't teach them that female genital mutilation is wrong

Couldn't ask them for anything but HUMAN sacrifice

In short couldn't debar them from being plain stoopid and useless savages!!!.
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:15am On Jul 26, 2014
mcfarlin: Yeah all the wars u mentioned are typical GUERRILLA warfare.

Also the african god couldn't help them in their thinking and shift them from primitive existence.

Couldn't give them the brains to advance in science rather they were consoled and are still consoling themselves with witchcraft.

Couldn't ask them for ANYTHING but HUMAN sacrifice

There is no such thing as African Gods or INdian Gods. They are all different versions of the common Gods.

The so-called African Gods never killed other people because they followed a different faith like the christian god.

And Science is not everything. Our Ancestors knew the art of living a stable , content and balanced life.

science comes with its own negatives.

I dont understand why you keep mixing technology with religion. two completely unrelated things.

My Gods never sanctioned killing twins. so i dont know what you are talking about.

And better kill under developed newborn twins than kill adult grown ups in the name of religious heresy.

2 Likes

Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by mcfarlin(m): 11:48am On Jul 26, 2014
kingston277:
Spineless people!

Hmmmm please let your GOD fight for himself na

Na una sef dey make am lazy

Abi na mumu
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by mcfarlin(m): 11:54am On Jul 26, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

There is no such thing as African Gods or INdian Gods. They are all different versions of the common Gods.

The so-called African Gods never killed other people because they followed a different faith like the christian god.

And Science is not everything. Our Ancestors knew the art of living a stable , content and balanced life.

science comes with its own negatives.

I dont understand why you keep mixing technology with religion. two completely unrelated things.

My Gods never sanctioned killing twins. so i dont know what you are talking about.

And better kill under developed newborn twins than kill adult grown ups in the name of religious heresy.

These so called gods are just a mockery on human intelligence

A phoolish man goeth into the forest and cuts himself some wood

He uses a part of the wood for cooking

Another part for warming himself

And at the end of the day carves hisself a graven image.

Then bows to him and says thou art my GOD
If that is not the highest level of DELUSION.

Then I wonder what kind of DELUSION could be higher than this

[P.S]- I summarized a passage i read in the bible years ago and added my own observations please guess don't ask for the chapter and verse!...I've forgotten!!
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:59am On Jul 26, 2014
mcfarlin:

These so called gods are just a mockery on human intelligence

A phoolish man goeth into the forest and cuts himself some wood

He uses a part of the wood for cooking

Another part for warming himself

And at the end of the day carves hisself a graven image.

Then bows to him and says thou art my GOD
If that is not the highest level of DELUSION.

Then I wonder what kind of DELUSION could be higher than this

[P.S]- I summarized a passage i read in the bible years ago and added my own observations please guess don't ask for the chapter and verse!...I've forgotten!!

umm do you know the difference between a God (Spiritual Force) and an idol used to represent a God (material/ritual object)? undecided

Anyways tell that to your hypocrite christian brethren who worship idols of their man-god and his mother in their church.

Atleast we use idols of GODS while you use idols of MEN. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by mcfarlin(m): 12:08pm On Jul 26, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

umm do you know the difference between a God (Spiritual Force) and an idol used to represent a God (material/ritual object)? undecided

Anyways tell that to your hypocrite christian brethren who worship idols of their man-god and his mother in their church.

Atleast we use idols of GODS while you use idols of MEN. tongue

Who's the hypocrite all your analogies and chronicles of your gods/deities attest to the fact that your so called gods/deities were actually men who were deified after their departure from life.

And for your info GOD is spirit and those who worship him must do so in spirit and in truth.

Also the idols are vices of the devil used to deceive people into believing they are serving GOD whereas they are actually serving lucifer.

And to address the issue of christians bowing down to idols or images that they assume to be divine...the devil as actually perversed their minds.

As for me I worship GOD according to what he has revealed to us in the new testament delivered to us through his son JESUS CHRIST.

So am not an hypocrite.
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:14pm On Jul 26, 2014
mcfarlin:

Who's the hypocrite all your analogies and chronicles of your gods/deities attest to the fact that your so called gods/deities were actually men who were deified after their departure from life.

And for your info GOD is spirit and those who worship him must do so in spirit and in truth.

Also the idols are vices of the devil used to deceive people into believing they are serving GOD whereas they are actually serving lucifer.

And to address the issue of christians bowing down to idols or images that they assume to be divine...the devil as actually perversed their minds.

As for me I worship GOD according to what he has revealed to us in the new testament delivered to us through his son JESUS CHRIST.

So am not an hypocrite.

Who told you my Gods are men? They are SPiritual Forces. What do you know of Hausa Religion?

stop assuming jorr. undecided

your fake cult was plagarized from judaism and invented by men like jesus.

as for idols , you all are idolators and ritualists. are you saying you don t have a single graven cross in ur home and church?

Are u saying that u dont see an image of God in ur mind while praying?
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by mcfarlin(m): 12:17pm On Jul 26, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

Who told you my Gods are men? They are SPiritual Forces. What do you know of Hausa Religion?

stop assuming jorr. undecided

your fake cult was plagarized from judaism and invented by men like jesus.

as for idols , you all are idolators and ritualists. are you saying you don t have a single graven cross in ur home and church?

Are u saying that u dont see an image of God in ur mind while praying?

Sorry I admit I don't know about hausa traditional religions I thought you were yoruba.

Yes no graven cross in my home and in my church as I said earlier

Am a member of the church of christ.

And I don't need to form an image of GOD in my mind..GOD is spirit and those who worship him must do so in spirit and in truth.
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by kingston277(m): 5:12pm On Jul 26, 2014
Wow the whitemen really did you in didn't he? Turned you into a third-class slave
mcfarlin: Yeah all the wars u mentioned are typical guerrilla warfare.
Those were all organized and pre-planned, get a history book.

Put your undeucated brain to use and learn:
Writing system

Production
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1554585_african-productivity_jpeg73ad16662aab95c5e70965fc917f4ece[/img]
Government transparency

Even bathrooms

Please open your ignorant mind to the real world instead of the theme park version taught by your white masters:
http://historum.com/middle-eastern-african-history/58840-diversity-early-african-architecture-ruins-thread.html
https://www.nairaland.com/582176/benin-art-architecture/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_science_and_technology_in_Africa

Up to now, still can't prove that even existed beyond your silly imagination let alone widespread practice.

Because the white man doesn't still do that today /sarcasm.

Couldn't ask them for anything but HUMAN sacrifice
Read and educated yourself(the e-book included)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Benin_Expedition_of_1897
"Human sacrifice" was actually revealed by archaeologists to be capital punishment.

The above links will sure make you weep, "stoopid and useless" slave.
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by kingston277(m): 5:13pm On Jul 26, 2014
mcfarlin:

Hmmmm please let your GOD fight for himself na

Na una sef dey make am lazy

Abi na mumu
Until you learn your history, you are in no position to preach ignorance.
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by mcfarlin(m): 5:39pm On Jul 26, 2014
kingston277: Wow the whitemen really enlightened me didn't he? Turned me into a human being didn't he..I really thank the white man from saving me from paganism

Those were very good things organized to save me from stoopidity

I need to put my undeucated brain to use and learn that articles like these are just rantings from a deluded mind:
Writing system

Production
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1554585_african-productivity_jpeg73ad16662aab95c5e70965fc917f4ece[/img]
Government transparency

Even bathrooms were even less attractive than what is obtainable among mice

Please GOD open my ignorant mind to the real world instead of the theme park version taught by my pagan ancestors:
http://historum.com/middle-eastern-african-history/58840-diversity-early-african-architecture-ruins-thread.html
https://www.nairaland.com/582176/benin-art-architecture/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_science_and_technology_in_Africa

Up to now, am so phucked up I don't believe they existed yet a lot of shrines with human sacrifice have being uncovered yet am such an I-diot not too admit this even existed.

Because the white man enlightened me am grateful.

I Read and educated myself with crap thinz(the e-book included)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Benin_Expedition_of_1897
"Human sacrifice" was actually revealed by archaeologists have existed and were signs of savage kingdoms [i][/i].

The above links will show to the world how, "stoopid and useless" I am.

Thank GOD you admit your folly

Na only if your papa dey craze na only dat fit make me open doz stoopid links.
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by kingston277(m): 5:50pm On Jul 26, 2014
mcfarlin:

Thank GOD you admit your folly
Huh? undecided

Na only if your papa dey craze na only dat fit make me open doz stoopid links.

Are you an illiterate by any chance?
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by kingston277(m): 5:53pm On Jul 26, 2014
mcfarlin:

Sorry I admit I don't know about hausa traditional religions I thought you were yoruba.

And I don't need to form an image of GOD in my mind..GOD is spirit and those who worship him must do so in spirit and in truth.
What he says applies to both.
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by mcfarlin(m): 6:03pm On Jul 26, 2014
kingston277:
What he says applies to both.

I don't know about hausa but yoruba's I.E the idolaters... pratice evil-money rituals,human sacrifice and other nefarious activities
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by kingston277(m): 6:28pm On Jul 26, 2014
mcfarlin:

I don't know about hausa but yoruba's I.E the idolaters... pratice evil-money rituals,human sacrifice and other nefarious activities
You can thank colonialism which enabled adulterated practices. Something tells me you are neither yruba or hausa. GTFO with your tribalism, you're taking Nigeria further backwards.
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by mcfarlin(m): 6:58pm On Jul 26, 2014
kingston277:
You can thank colonialism which enabled adulterated practices. Something tells me you are neither yruba or hausa. GTFO with your tribalism, you're taking Nigeria further backwards.

Am half yoruba

And colonialism didn't bring adulterated practices.

Abominable practices actually flourished under paganism

Without whites we wouldn't even have the internet.

So shut up and agree that whites are actually progressive thinkers.
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by kingston277(m): 1:25am On Jul 27, 2014
mcfarlin:

Am half yoruba

And colonialism didn't bring adulterated practices.

Abominable practices actually flourished under paganaaaism
As stated by a christan zealot. This is why no-one asks christians/muslims for history, all we get is the theme park, religion-centric version instead of the facts. Keep up preeching ignorance and primitive views of history, becoming more like your masters everyday.

[quoet]Without whites we wouldn't even have the internet.[/quote]
Without Africans, we wouln't even have the foundations for the invention of the internet.

So shut up and agree that whites are actually progressive thinkers.[/quote]
More sad brainwashing from the church. Wonder we are all living worse than our progressive forefathers. And some people actually believe the basket case they live in is actually better than Benin, Oyo, Asante
Smh.
Re: Gods Of Infidelity: Blind Gods Or What? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:24am On Jul 27, 2014
mcfarlin:

Ok next time plz specify the religion you are referring too.

Bytheway In Yoruba religion too, the Gods are not deified humans.
For example, Lord Shango's old name was Jakuta. but then was later replace by the name of a King who was probably a very forceful and powerful character. Or it can be possible that the King was named after the God as many Ancient Pagan Kings took on names of Gods to symbolize reincarnation, etc.

However during worship, the worshipers know that they are worshiping the Spiritual Force, not the man.

If you have no image or perception of what you worship, then your worship is devoid of true devotion.you must be seeing atleast something in your minds eye. It may be anything. E.g., a fireball, smoke, the Universe, etc............depends. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If Isoko Are Nt Urhobo, How Are Ukwani/ikwere Now Igbo(innocent Question) / Your Eulogising Name (ORIKI) / Conflicting Police, DSS Reports On Agom Adara's Killers In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.