Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,716 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 (14658 Views)

114 Babies Delivered As RCCG Convention Ends (Photo) / Word Of Faith Convention 2014 Starts Today / Amazing Miracles Awaits You At Christ Elects Convention 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Gombs(m): 11:39am On Aug 09, 2014
JesusisLord85:

hahaha 'christian' bullies grin . It is true what they say about you mods. Will you be presenting, and on what topic? I shall be ready for you.

Word against folly.

Shalom

[img]http://media./media/ftXvsSyRzKXXG/giphy.gif[/img]

Can't wait... cool

1 Like

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 11:41am On Aug 09, 2014
JesusisLord85:

hahaha 'christian' bullies grin . It is true what they say about you mods. Will you be presenting, and on what topic? I shall be ready for you.

Word against folly.

Shalom

FYI

DrummaBoy is not a mod on nl.

Now you are playing the victim. When you are shown the rules governing a system and you decide to flaunt it you should prepare to also face the repercussion.

Go over the thread and find our those who will be presenting and look for who to prepare for. As you do that take note of proposed rule 5.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by BabaGnoni: 12:33pm On Aug 09, 2014
DrummaBoy:
[size=20pt] PROPOSED RULES FOR THE CONVENTION:
For Presenters and Audience
[/size]

*edited*

1. Presentations should occupy only two or three posts with minimum of 2000 words and max 4000.

2. We encourage a neat presentation for ease of readability. If possible employing bold, italics, coloring and other nl editing features for aesthetics and enhanced readership.

3. Presenters will be divided into three each for a day. Each presenter may state what time of each day is most convenient to make their posts.

4. Audience are encouraged to present their questions in a concise and straight to the point manner for a presenter only after a presenter has made his/her presentation.

5. Audience are not to ask presenters "leading" questions which are designed to ridicule a presenter. A presenter may decline to answer a question if they so wish

6. Goshen360 and DrummaBoy shall act as moderators to ensure order and to protect presenters from attacks.

7. Use of foul languages are prohibited on the convention thread. All nairaland forum rules subsist here too.

8. Only individuals with monickers that have been nominated and have accepted their nominations on this thread are permitted to make presentations on the topics of the convention or any other topic. Anyone who flaunts this rule shall banned.

9. The audience are advised to refrain from posting in between the posts of a presentation by a participant. Anyone who breeches this rule will have his comment hidden. They however have full liberty to comment or ask questions after the presentation has been made.

This is about "1. Presentations should occupy only two posts with minimum of 2000 words and max 4000"

Does "two or three posts with minimum of 2000 words and max 4000"
imply 2 or 3 posts, as in, EACH OR INDIVIDUALLY having a total of minimum 2000 words and maximum 4000 words
(i.e. 2-3 posts each having min 2000 words and max 4000 words )
hence 2 or 3 posts = minimum of 4000 and max 8000 words - minimum 6000 and maximum 12000 words
(e.g. 1st post = 2000 - 4000 words, 2nd post = 2000 - 4000 words and 3rd post = 2000 - 4000 words)

OR

implies 2 or 3 posts, ALTOGETHER having a total minimum of 2000 and max 4000 words
hence 2 or 3 posts = minimum of 2000 and maximum 4000 words
(e.g. 1st post = 500 - 1000 words, 2nd post = 750 - 1500 words and 3rd post = 750 - 1500 words)

Thanks in advance for the clarification
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 1:57pm On Aug 09, 2014
^^^

@BabaGnoni and all, it is the latter scenario you stated.

Rule 1 is saying total number of words should be BTW 2000 and 4000 words. These could then be presented in two or three posts. So that if my presentation was to have 3000 words in all approximately spread our in three posts, then each post could have 1000 words each.

2 Likes

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by BabaGnoni: 4:06pm On Aug 09, 2014
DrummaBoy: ^^^

@BabaGnoni and all, it is the latter scenario you stated.

Rule 1 is saying total number of words should be BTW 2000 and 4000 words. These could then be presented in two or three posts. So that if my presentation was to have 3000 words in all approximately spread our in three posts, then each post could have 1000 words each.

^^^
Thanks!
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by italo: 5:44pm On Aug 09, 2014
alexleo:

Carry your useless story comot here. There is nowhere in the scriptures that Jesus mentioned Roman Catholic as the church he established.

There is also no place in the scripture that Peter was called a pope. He was refered to as an Apostle, even in his own epistle.

1 Peter 1:1.

1 Peter, an APOSTLE of Jesus Christ,
To the pilgrims of the Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

2 Peter 1:1

1 Simon Peter, a bondservant and APOSTLE of Jesus Christ,
To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:

Stop the deceit.

I see...

Jesus didn't mention "catholic" or "pope" yet you carry around the bible compiled by the Catholic church under Pope Damasus in 382.

grin

I dont want to argue with non-entities, please.

1 Like

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by MarkMiwerds(m): 7:28pm On Aug 09, 2014
italo:

I see...

Jesus didn't mention "catholic" or "pope" yet you carry around the bible compiled by the Catholic church under Pope Damasus in 382.

grin

And yet, here you are arguing with someone you deem to be a "non-entity".

Anyone else see the inconsistency? LOL

3 Likes

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by italo: 7:35pm On Aug 09, 2014
MarkMiwerds: And yet, here you are arguing with someone you deem to be a "non-entity".

Anyone else see the inconsistency? LOL

"I don't want to" is not equal to "I will never"

Secondly, you have no proof that I deem him a non-entity. You only assume.

You need to sharpen your thinking skills.

Good luck.

smiley

1 Like

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by alexleo(m): 8:48pm On Aug 09, 2014
italo:

I see...

grin

Stop behaving like a thief and a hijacker. Jesus established his church in the scripture without giving it a name and you people hijacked it that its your Roman Catholic Church. LIARS. You people hijacked Peter whom the bible only refered to as an apostle and said he was your first pope. LIARS. You hijacked the scripture and said you compiled it. Why didn't you slot in Roman catholic church, pope and trinity in the scripture if it was from you people? Hijackers and thieves have no place in the kingdom of God. BE WARNED.

1 Like

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by alexleo(m): 8:55pm On Aug 09, 2014
italo:

"I don't want to" is not equal to "I will never"

Secondly, you have no proof that I deem him a non-entity. You only assume.

You need to sharpen your thinking skills.

Good luck.

smiley

My brother you can imagine this broad day light robbery. He wants us to consider his RCC fairy tale more authentic than what is written in the scriptures. NEVER.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by italo: 9:00pm On Aug 09, 2014
alexleo:

Stop behaving like a thief and a hijacker. Jesus established his church in the scripture without giving it a name and you people hijacked it that its your Roman Catholic Church. LIARS. You people hijacked Peter whom the bible only refered to as an apostle and said he was your first pope. LIARS. You hijacked the scripture and said you compiled it. Why didn't you slot in Roman catholic church, pope and trinity in the scripture if it was from you people? Hijackers and thieves have no place in the kingdom of God. BE WARNED.

I see...so since God didnt name you, your father hijacked you from God when he named you abi?

Empty head.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by italo: 9:04pm On Aug 09, 2014
alexleo:

My brother you can imagine this broad day light robbery. He wants us to consider his RCC fairy tale more authentic than what is written in the scriptures. NEVER.

Which scriptures?

The one complied by the Catholic Church in 382 under Pope Damasus?

Or are you among the iddiots that believe the bible fell from the sky?

smiley
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by alexleo(m): 9:18pm On Aug 09, 2014
italo:

I see...so since God didnt name you, your father hijacked you from God when he named you abi?

Empty head.

Empty head. The church that Jesus established is not a building with a corporate name. It is all those who worship God in spirit and in truth that are the church. True followers of Jesus are the body of Christ that make up the church. It is this glorious church without spot or wrinkle that Jesus is coming for.

He is not coming for any denomination(RCC, Deeper life, RCCG, Apostolic Faith etc) or a building with a corporate name. Stop being deceived by satan bro.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by alexleo(m): 9:38pm On Aug 09, 2014
@Italo,

John 4:23

23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.

In the above scripture, Jesus NEVER said that the true worshipers are those that worship in any denomination or any church building with a corporate name, rather the true worshipers are those that worship him in SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH.

Jesus never showed any importance to place of worship in this statement. He NEVER used place of worship to define true worshipers. Why have you people allowed the enemy to deceive you by placing place of worship so important in your heart? Reject this deceit of satan pls.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by alexleo(m): 10:25pm On Aug 09, 2014
italo:

Which scriptures?

The one complied by the Catholic Church in 382 under Pope Damasus?

Or are you among the iddiots that believe the bible fell from the sky?

smiley

Call me whatever you like. But the truth remains that those prophets and apostles that wrote the scriptures were not Roman catholics. Get that into your head first and stop confusing yourself. Secondly, you may have your record of those who compiled the scriptures and I have mine. The most important thing is not those who compiled the scripture rather it is what is written in the scripture that is the most important thing. Stop misplacing your priority in these things pls. It is the deceit of satan on you.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by italo: 11:36pm On Aug 09, 2014
alexleo:

Empty head. The church that Jesus established is not a building with a corporate name. It is all those who worship God in spirit and in truth that are the church. True followers of Jesus are the body of Christ that make up the church. It is this glorious church without spot or wrinkle that Jesus is coming for.

He is not coming for any denomination(RCC, Deeper life, RCCG, Apostolic Faith etc) or a building with a corporate name. Stop being deceived by satan bro.

The Church that Jesus established in 33AD is the Catholic Church, not your millions of shops that teach contradictory doctrines.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by italo: 11:41pm On Aug 09, 2014
alexleo: @Italo,

John 4:23

23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.

In the above scripture, Jesus NEVER said that the true worshipers are those that worship in any denomination or any church building with a corporate name, rather the true worshipers are those that worship him in SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH.

Jesus never showed any importance to place of worship in this statement. He NEVER used place of worship to define true worshipers. Why have you people allowed the enemy to deceive you by placing place of worship so important in your heart? Reject this deceit of satan pls.

How can you worship in truth and spirit when you dont even know the truth?

The Catholic Church is the pillar and foundation of truth, not your millions of doctrines that contradict one another.

The Catholic Church is not a place.

Again, you fail.

1 Like

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by italo: 11:44pm On Aug 09, 2014
alexleo:

Call me whatever you like. But the truth remains that those prophets and apostles that wrote the scriptures were not Roman catholics. Get that into your head first and stop confusing yourself. Secondly, you may have your record of those who compiled the scriptures and I have mine. The most important thing is not those who compiled the scripture rather it is what is written in the scripture that is the most important thing. Stop misplacing your priority in these things pls. It is the deceit of satan on you.

So satan used the Catholic Church to compile the Bible?

Why do you believe Satan's book then?

Besides, the apostles were Catholics.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by italo: 11:49pm On Aug 09, 2014
alexleo:

Jesus never mentioned bible.

The Catholic Church created it.

Was it through the Holy Spirit or through the evil one?

It's for you to choose. grin
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by alexleo(m): 12:30am On Aug 10, 2014
italo:

The Catholic Church is the pillar and foundation of truth, not your millions of doctrines that contradict one another.

Again, you fail.
italo:
The Church that Jesus established in 33AD is the Catholic Church, not your millions of shops that teach contradictory doctrines.
italo:
Again, you fail.
italo:
So satan used the Catholic Church to compile the Bible?
Why do you believe Satan's book then?
Besides, the apostles were Catholics.
italo:
Jesus never mentioned bible.
The Catholic Church created it.
Was it through the Holy Spirit or through the evil one?
It's for you to choose. grin

The words of Jesus are more important to us than all these your Roman Catholic fairy tales. As far as we are concerned your RCC fairy tales are as useless as satan himself so you can continue to wallow in your deceit.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by italo: 12:40am On Aug 10, 2014
alexleo:

The words of Jesus are more important to us than all these your Roman Catholic fairy tales. As far as we are concerned your RCC fairy tales are as useless as satan himself so you can continue to wallow in your deceit.

What you call the words of Jesus are the words that the Catholic Church told you Jesus said.

You never met Jesus.

grin

2 Likes

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by alexleo(m): 12:44am On Aug 10, 2014
italo:

What you call the words of Jesus are the words that the Catholic Church told you Jesus said.

You never met Jesus.

grin

Same RCC useless fairy tales.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 9:19am On Aug 10, 2014
[size=20pt] COUNTDOWN TO GRACE CONVENTION 2014[/size]

[size=32pt] 4 DAYS TO GO!!![/size]
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by italo: 9:19am On Aug 10, 2014
alexleo:

Same RCC useless fairy tales.

The fairytale is to claim that you were in Galilee and Jerusalem when Jesus spoke.

That is not even a fairytale. That is a manifestation of your mental problem.

You heard about Jesus from the Catholic Church.

So did the whole world.

grin
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by alexleo(m): 9:56am On Aug 10, 2014
italo:

The fairytale is to claim that you were in Galilee and Jerusalem when Jesus spoke.

That is not even a fairytale. That is a manifestation of your mental problem.

You heard about Jesus from the Catholic Church.

So did the whole world.

grin

The fairy tale still continues and remains as useless as satan himself.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by italo: 10:00am On Aug 10, 2014
alexleo:

The fairy tale still continues and remains as useless as satan himself.

Which fairytale?

That the bible fell from the sky...or that Jesus spoke to you in Jerusalem 2000yrs ago.

You're among the lunatics that believe the above?
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Gombs(m): 10:02am On Aug 10, 2014
alexleo:

It's soon gonna be a Catholic bashing thread... u just shot the first arrow! wink

Wait for Sal C, Chukwudi44, Ubenecdictus, fancistony... I hope you would be able to endure the soon to come insults and invectives?

And emm Catholics, Peter was not the first pope, if he were why don't popes and priests copy after him and get married? Anyways, I'm not here to drag who was or wasn't the pope or what was the first church or who compiled the Bible.... I'm here to monitor the progress of the said Grace Convention, why? Because it would be a real thread where folks would be appraised by me...what they post there would bbe compared to what they taught in other threads for consistency, and if they are not, I'd make wikileaks look like a child's play!

So, cn u please stop dragging with em Catholics? Nobody's gonna be edified by it, rather, u would get urself soiled, and ruin thus thread much further. Now, I'm not picking on you, I am writing you because u seem reasonable! wink

1 Like

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by italo: 10:22am On Aug 10, 2014
Gombs:

It's soon gonna be a Catholic bashing thread... u just shot the first arrow! wink

Wait for Sal C, Chukwudi44, Ubenecdictus, fancistony... I hope you would be able to endure the soon to come insults and invectives?

And emm Catholics, Peter was not the first pope, if he were why don't popes and priests copy after him and get married?
Anyways, I'm not here to drag whonwas or wasn't the pope or what was the first church or who compiled the Bible.... I'm here to monitor the progress of the said Grace Convention, why? Because it would be a real thread where folks would be appraised by me...what they post there would bbe compared to what they taught in other threads for consistency, and if they are not, I'm make wikileaks look like a child's play!

So, cn u please stop dragging with em Catholics? Nobody's gonna be edified by it, rather, u would get urself soiled, and ruin thus thread much further. Now, I'm not picking on you, I am writing you because u seem reasonable! wink

What weak reasoning!

So a celebate man cannot succeed a married man in the Church?

So our past 39 married popes were successors of Peter but the others aren't?

Common, man.

You can think better!
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Gombs(m): 10:31am On Aug 10, 2014
italo:

What weak reasoning!

So a celebate man cannot succeed a married man in the Church?

So our past 39 married popes were successors of Peter but the others aren't?

Common, man.

You can think better!

grin
If u could read, you'd have noticed this

Anyways, I'm not here to drag who was or wasn't the pope or what was the first church or who compiled the Bible..

It's either you ignored it or chose to be a bully! Anyways, having known you as the palm of my hand, I won't engage u. wink

Happy Nineteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time

1 Like

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by alexleo(m): 10:40am On Aug 10, 2014
Gombs:

And emm Catholics, Peter was not the first pope, if he were why don't popes and priests copy after him and get married? Anyways, I'm not here to drag who was or wasn't the pope or what was the first church or who compiled the Bible.... I'm here to monitor the progress of the said Grace Convention, why? Because it would be a real thread where folks would be appraised by me...what they post there would bbe compared to what they taught in other threads for consistency, and if they are not, I'd make wikileaks look like a child's play!

Its not even about bashing catholics. Its about stating and sticking to the words of Jesus and his definition of true worshipers. The words of Jesus is more important to us than any useless satanic fairy tales by Roman Catholic or and denomination whatsoever. I'm already done with the issue long ago. Jesus did not define true worshipers with any denomination. Infact the woman he was talking to in that scripture was placing importance on place of worship and Jesus corrected her by telling her that now it is about worshiping God in Spirit and in truth and not about place of worship. So no need of her going to Jerusalem to worship. Anybody who is telling me about the RCC useless tales of satan is wasting time. I rest my submissions here. Thanks bro.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Gombs(m): 10:48am On Aug 10, 2014
alexleo:

Its not even about bashing catholics. Its about stating and sticking to the words of Jesus and his definition of true worshipers. The words of Jesus is more important to us than any useless satanic fairy tales by Roman Catholic or and denomination whatsoever. I'm already done with the issue long ago. Jesus did not define true worshipers with any denomination. Infact the woman he was talking to in that scripture was placing importance on place of worship and Jesus corrected her by telling her that now it is about worshiping God in Spirit and in truth and not about place of worship. So no need of her going to Jerusalem to worship. Anybody who is telling me about the RCC useless tales of satan is wasting time. Thanks bro.

You welcome!
Thanks for understanding, let's leave em Roman Catholics be and pray for em rather, some folks prayed years ago, and that's why we have the Church outside the Roman Catholic churches... by the way, what's RCC? undecided

Reformed Church of Christ or Roman Catholic Church?

1 Like

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by italo: 11:09am On Aug 10, 2014
Gombs:

grin
If u could read, you'd have noticed this

It's either you ignored it or chose to be a bully! Anyways, having known you as the palm of my hand, I won't engage u. wink

Happy Nineteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time

Is it bad to challenge you to think better?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Benny Hinn In Lagos! (Videos) / YouTube Needs Prayers – Prophet TB Joshua (Video) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates His 54th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.