Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,590 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 (14685 Views)

114 Babies Delivered As RCCG Convention Ends (Photo) / Word Of Faith Convention 2014 Starts Today / Amazing Miracles Awaits You At Christ Elects Convention 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Gombs(m): 6:04am On Aug 05, 2014
JesusisLord85:

Confusion. Tgirl, when I used to frequent this place a year ago, I though Obadiah, Most High and I had free'd you from this oyinbo delusion.
You are of the House of Israel. Flee from these blind guides.

Secondly, you are a woman and are not permitted to teach men. But this oyinbo religion is based on rebellion.

Shalom

Now, that's a crude lie. cool
let the lady be and pls don't derail this thread...thank you
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 8:50am On Aug 05, 2014
[size=20pt]Attention all Presenters/Teachers[/size]

Topics numbered 1, 2, 6, 7 and 9 have not been taken.

The following participants should please choose their topics so we could conclude planning on the convention:

MrAnony1
striktlymi
BabaGnoni
PastorOluT
Yooguyz

We are also still requesting presenters suggestions on the rules that will govern the convention.

DrummaBoy:

[size=20pt]TOPICS FOR GRACE CONVENTION 2014[/size]

Please study each topic and choose which one you can present on. It's on a "first come, first take" basis. Therefore whatever topic has been chosen cannot be taken by you anymore.

The topic for discussion is written out there. What's in the bracket is the subject which the topic is addressing.

Please you may ask questions in regards to the topics listed where there are some vagueness.

1. (Genesis): The New Creation in Christ & our inheritance

2. (Social Issues): The Christian and his Environment.

3. (Power of the Spirit): The Power of the Holy Spirit in Christian Living.

4. (Unity/Ecumenism): Towards a United Christian Voice on Nairaland and Elsewhere.

5. (Grace 1): The Demands of the Law and the Supply of the grace of God.

6. (Church History): Where Did We Come From and Where are We Headed?

7. (Christian Ministry): The Ministry, Life and the Message.

8. (Grace 2): The wonders of God's Grace

9. (Nigeria): An Emerging Nigeria via the Gospel.

Thank you gentlemen and lady.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by MrAnony1(m): 9:02am On Aug 05, 2014
DrummaBoy:
[size=20pt]Attention all Presenters/Teachers[/size]

Topics numbered 1, 2, 6, 7 and 9 have not been taken.

The following participants should please choose their topics so we could conclude planning on the convention:

MrAnony1
striktlymi
BabaGnoni
PastorOluT
Yooguyz

We are also still requesting presenters suggestions on the rules that will govern the convention.

Please permit me to choose number 1

(Genesis): The New Creation in Christ & our inheritance.

I wonder who will do church history. May God grant him grace grin
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 9:10am On Aug 05, 2014
MrAnony1:
Please permit me to choose number 1

(Genesis): The New Creation in Christ & our inheritance.

I wonder who will do church history. May God grant him grace grin

Thank you sir.

As for the church history topic, I trust God for grace for the person too. lol.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by italo: 9:46am On Aug 05, 2014
Why dont you cancel the church history topic.

We know that church history is equal to Catholic church history.

To talk about it honestly will make 98 percent of the convention attendees very uncomfortable.

That's why no speaker wants to choose it.

smiley
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by ihedinobi2: 10:12am On Aug 05, 2014
DrummaBoy:

Thank you sir.

As for the church history topic, I trust God for grace for the person too. lol.
If no one picks it I could integrate it into my own topic. The two are related enough to be one topic really, albeit a large one.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 10:17am On Aug 05, 2014
ihedinobi2:
If no one picks it I could integrate it into my own topic. The two are related enough to be one topic really, albeit a large one.

I am sure one person will take it. We still have four people left who are quite able.

You have liberty to touch on it too if it will aid your presentation.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Yooguyz: 12:18pm On Aug 05, 2014
I pick topic 2
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by PastorKun(m): 12:20pm On Aug 05, 2014
italo: Why dont you cancel the church history topic.

We know that church history is equal to Catholic church history.

To talk about it honestly will make 98 percent of the convention attendees very uncomfortable.

That's why no speaker wants to choose it.

smiley

Catholic Church history only started in the fourth century AD, the real church history started in the first century AD. tongue

1 Like

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Gombs(m): 12:45pm On Aug 05, 2014
PastorKun:

Catholic Church history only started in the fourth century AD, the real church history started in the first century AD. tongue

The first church started with the children of Israel, but it failed, but Christ did a better job! cool

Kunle, does the first century AD come before that? That topic would so derail una convention, a simple topic can be talked about, eg the concept of sin, the old church and the new-what happened? Etc

Just saying sha! wink
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by italo: 12:51pm On Aug 05, 2014
PastorKun:

I've asked you to provide evidence for this before and you ran away.

I want to stop arguing with non-entities.

2 Likes

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by PastorKun(m): 1:17pm On Aug 05, 2014
Gombs:

The first church started with the children of Israel, but it failed, but Christ did a better job! cool

Kunle, does the first century AD come before that? That topic would so derail una convention, a simple topic can be talked about, eg the concept of sin, the old church and the new-what happened? Etc

Just saying sha! wink

Common sense would dictate that we are talking about the Church founded by Christ. But then again, common sense is not common. tongue
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by PastorKun(m): 1:19pm On Aug 05, 2014
italo:

I've asked you to provide evidence for this before and you ran away.

I want to stop arguing with non-entities.

On the contrary, you are the one that needs to provide evidence that the roman catholic institution started before the fourth century.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Tgirl4real(f): 1:51pm On Aug 05, 2014
JesusisLord85:

Confusion. Tgirl, when I used to frequent this place a year ago, I though Obadiah, Most High and I had free'd you from this oyinbo delusion.
You are of the House of Israel. Flee from these blind guides.

Secondly, you are a woman and are not permitted to teach men. But this oyinbo religion is based on rebellion.

Shalom

Hello Sir,

Long time o.

Ermm...the last time I checked, you, Obadiah, or Mosthigh did not die for my sins o, Jesus Christ did. So, He is my deliverer. tongue

Jokes aside, what I needed to learn from you, I did then and I am not letting go of it. So, you need not worry about me. I am safe n secure in the hnds of the Most high and I have a sound mind to think rationally and scripturally. cheesy

Hope all has been well with you.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by italo: 2:07pm On Aug 05, 2014
PastorKun:

On the contrary, you are the one that needs to provide evidence that the roman catholic institution started before the fourth century.

The Epistle of Ignatius to the Smyrnaeans (about 100AD)
Chapter 8. Let nothing be done without the bishop

See that you all follow the bishop, even as Jesus Christ does the Father, and the presbytery as you would the apostles; and reverence the deacons, as being the institution of God. Let no man do anything connected with the Church without the bishop. Let that be deemed a proper Eucharist, which is [administered] either by the bishop, or by one to whom he has entrusted it. Wherever the bishop shall appear, there let the multitude [of the people] also be; even as, wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful without the bishop either to baptize or to celebrate a love-feast; but whatsoever he shall approve of, that is also pleasing to God, so that everything that is done may be secure and valid.

Now, provide evidence of your claim.

1 Like

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Goshen360(m): 2:43pm On Aug 05, 2014
The Grace Convention is an empowerment gathering that will unleash the Grace invasion into your life - Grace, all of Him and none of you power of God....so that no man will boast. The Law worketh the wrath of God (you get what you deserve) but God's Grace is His unmerited kindness\favour (you get what you don't deserve). This is the too good to be true goodness\good news of God's Grace....all because of Jesus.

Religion had taught us to that the Grace gospel is a license to sin gospel but the word of God proves it wrong. The word says, the power of sin is the law. 1 Corinthians 15:56. It says sin shall not have dominion over you. Why? The answer is, because you are not under the law. But it also says, but because you are under Grace...it went further in another place saying, this Grace, will teach you to live godliness etc. Titus 2:11-12.

The Grace gospel, when understood and not perversed, is the cure to sin....because it will teach you to live godly and living a life of the Spirit unlike the law or mixture with the law and the law worketh wrath of God. We urge you to invite you friends on this forum by mentioning their I.D towards the Grace Convention 2014.

We trust God for blessed time in this gathering 20-14.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by PastorOluT(m): 2:58pm On Aug 05, 2014
@Goshen & Drummerboy, I dont know if anyone has chosen topic 3, if not I will want to present on that.

Power of the Holy Spirit for xtian living.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 3:11pm On Aug 05, 2014
PastorOluT: @Goshen & Drummerboy, I dont know if anyone has chosen topic 3, if not I will want to present on that.

Power of the Holy Spirit for xtian living.

Sir, the topic is taken by trustman.

Can you consider number 7? They are kinda related. But this one is suited to ministry.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by BabaGnoni: 3:43pm On Aug 05, 2014
[size=20pt]TOPICS FOR GRACE CONVENTION 2014[/size]

1. [s](Genesis): The New Creation in Christ & our inheritance[/s] - Taken by MrAnony1(m)

2. [s](Social Issues): The Christian and his Environment[/s].- Taken by Yooguyz(m)

3. [s](Power of the Spirit): The Power of the Holy Spirit in Christian Living[/s]. - Taken by trustman

4. [s](Unity/Ecumenism): Towards a United Christian Voice on Nairaland and Elsewhere[/s]. - Taken by ihedinobi2

5. [s](Grace 1): The Demands of the Law and the Supply of the grace of God[/s]. - Taken by Alwaystrue(f)

6. (Church History): Where Did We Come From and Where are We Headed? - Not taken yet

7. [s](Christian Ministry): The Ministry, Life and the Message[/s]. - Taken by PastorOluT(m)

8. (Grace 2): The wonders of God's Grace - Taken by MarkMiwerds(m)

9. (Nigeria): An Emerging Nigeria via the Gospel. - Not taken yet

2 Likes

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Goshen360(m): 3:45pm On Aug 05, 2014
^ Just thought of doing the above and as I was trying to see who had taken what and what, my brother from another mother did. God bless you. Now, we have a clear picture of what is left to be taken.

2 Likes

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by PastorOluT(m): 3:45pm On Aug 05, 2014
[quote author=DrummaBoy]

Sir, the topic is taken by trustman.

Can you consider

Ok sir, I take no 7

1 Like

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Gombs(m): 4:35pm On Aug 05, 2014
PastorKun:

Common sense would dictate that we are talking about the Church founded by Christ. But then again, common sense is not common. tongue

Ogbeni, you can’t talk of the Church of Christ without the old church...ALL the fundamental basics of Christianity are from the first five books of Moses. Why then would u say the first church and disregard them?

This I not tithing where u feel u have sense o, because I know asides that, u r as clueless as the pharisees of Jesus' day, if not worse cool
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by MarkMiwerds(m): 4:44pm On Aug 05, 2014
Removed. Not in flow with the topic of Grace Convention
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by PastorKun(m): 5:17pm On Aug 05, 2014
italo:

The Epistle of Ignatius to the Smyrnaeans (about 100AD)
Chapter 8. Let nothing be done without the bishop

See that you all follow the bishop, even as Jesus Christ does the Father, and the presbytery as you would the apostles; and reverence the deacons, as being the institution of God. Let no man do anything connected with the Church without the bishop. Let that be deemed a proper Eucharist, which is [administered] either by the bishop, or by one to whom he has entrusted it. Wherever the bishop shall appear, there let the multitude [of the people] also be; even as, wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church. It is not lawful without the bishop either to baptize or to celebrate a love-feast; but whatsoever he shall approve of, that is also pleasing to God, so that everything that is done may be secure and valid.

Now, provide evidence of your claim.

I don't want to derail this thread anymore but I am shocked that despite all your noise, you are not enlightened enough to know that there is a big difference btw the universal church(also called catholic) which started in the first century and the roman catholic church which was institutionalised by constantine in the fourth century AD. If you want to drag this any further open another thread and I would come and expose your ignorance their. Stop derailing this thread.

2 Likes

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Image123(m): 5:35pm On Aug 05, 2014
Wow, just wow. Mark is going to say something other than tithe? i'm happy to read this, truly happy.

1 Like

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 6:04pm On Aug 05, 2014
BabaGnoni: [size=20pt]TOPICS FOR GRACE CONVENTION 2014[/size]

1. [s](Genesis): The New Creation in Christ & our inheritance[/s] - Taken by MrAnony1(m)

2. [s](Social Issues): The Christian and his Environment[/s].- Taken by Yooguyz(m)

3. [s](Power of the Spirit): The Power of the Holy Spirit in Christian Living[/s]. - Taken by trustman

4. [s](Unity/Ecumenism): Towards a United Christian Voice on Nairaland and Elsewhere[/s]. - Taken by ihedinobi2

5. [s](Grace 1): The Demands of the Law and the Supply of the grace of God[/s]. - Taken by Alwaystrue(f)

6. (Church History): Where Did We Come From and Where are We Headed? - Not taken yet

7. [s](Christian Ministry): The Ministry, Life and the Message[/s]. - Taken by PastorOluT(m)

8. (Grace 2): The wonders of God's Grace - Taken by MarkMiwerds(m)

9. (Nigeria): An Emerging Nigeria via the Gospel. - Not taken yet

Thank you BabaGnoni. Very well placed.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by DrummaBoy(m): 6:06pm On Aug 05, 2014
Image123: Wow, just wow. Mark is going to say something other than tithe? i'm happy to read this, truly happy.
DrummaBoy: MY NOMINEES:

Why MarkMiwerds?

MarkMiwerds is an American and Mark is blind. Despite this he presents issues that even those who sees physically cannot refute. Mark is an expert on tithing. He believes he has a calling to deliver folks from the false teaching on tithing. So far he carries out his ministry with focus and precision. His 58 day discussion on tithing which he refuted, along with his ally Candour, is a masterpiece on the subject of tithing: www.nairaland.com/1548047/theological-discuss-tithing-rhymeyjohn-image123

What many do not realize is that Miwerds has profound insights into a lot more things than just tithing. His posts on Facebook reveals this. A man in his mid fifties and who has been a Christian for more than 30 years, I believe he has something we all can learn from.

I recommend him heartily for this convention and I urge others to do the same.

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by Gombs(m): 6:35pm On Aug 05, 2014
Image123: Wow, just wow. Mark is going to say something other than tithe? i'm happy to read this, truly happy.

Me too, I've decided to dance to that alone

[img]http://ressurectionplayerz.biz/gif/dance.gif[/img]

grin

1 Like

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by alexleo(m): 6:47pm On Aug 05, 2014
PastorKun:

I don't want to derail this thread anymore but I am shocked that despite all your noise, you are not enlightened enough to know that there is a big difference btw the universal church(also called catholic) which started in the first century and the roman catholic church which was institutionalised by constantine in the fourth century AD. If you want to drag this any further open another thread and I would come and expose your ignorance their. Stop derailing this thread.

Truth.
God bless you.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by alexleo(m): 7:29pm On Aug 05, 2014
Tgirl4real:

Hello Sir,

Long time o.

Ermm...the last time I checked, you, Obadiah, or Mosthigh did not die for my sins o, Jesus Christ did. So, He is my deliverer. tongue

Jokes aside, what I needed to learn from you, I did then and I am not letting go of it. So, you need not worry about me. I am safe n secure in the hnds of the Most high and I have a sound mind to think rationally and scripturally. cheesy

Thanks.

1000 likes.

1 Like

Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by JesusisLord85: 8:16pm On Aug 05, 2014
Tgirl4real:

Hello Sir,

Long time o.

Thanks.

rationally and scripturally? Hath wisdom revealed to you the meaning of the scriptures? Because "rationally and scripturally" is how we got to catholicism and pentecostalism, followed by more denominations than actual bible verses.
I would call this confusion, but that's none of my business.
Re: The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014 by JesusisLord85: 8:18pm On Aug 05, 2014
Gombs:

Now, that's a crude lie. cool
let the lady be and pls don't derail this thread...thank you

Abeg. Give me scripture.
Next you will say it is comely to pray to the Most High as a woman, with your hair uncovered grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? / YouTube Needs Prayers – Prophet TB Joshua (Video) / Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.