Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

‘murdered Girl Not Babcock Varsity Student’ - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ‘murdered Girl Not Babcock Varsity Student’ (1247 Views)

Babcock Student Loses Family Members In Car Accident On Graduation Day / Babcock’s Best Graduating Student Has Never Kissed A Man / Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘murdered Girl Not Babcock Varsity Student’ by Beazy(f): 5:37am On Jul 24, 2014
Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo, Ogun State, has said that an undergraduate allegedly killed by a guard at a hotel in Ikorodu, Lagos, is not a student of the institution.
Miss Busayo Ogunkoya, 22, was reportedly shot dead by one Mr. Azeez Ibrahim, a guard attached to Mambillah Hotel during a birthday party on July 5. Ibrahim was said to be drunk when he shot Ogunkoya.
In a statement signed by the Director, Communication and Marketing, Mr. Joshua Suleiman, however, the authorities at the university said while Ogunkoya was admitted into the university some years back, she had since dropped out.
“While we regret the passing away of Busayo Ogunkoya, and sympathise with her family who currently are in anguish over this irreparable loss, Babcock University wishes to state here unequivocally that the victim was not our student at the time of her death.
She was admitted into Babcock University during the 2011/2012 academic session to read Public Administration. She dropped out of the university after one semester. Since then she ceased to be out student. Therefore, she could not have been our student.’’
Confirming the incidence, the Deputy Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Lelma Kolle, had said, “Yes, the incident happened. The girl was in the hotel and the security man opened fire on her. Nobody knows his reason for doing that. The police have arrested the assistant manager of the hotel, the deceased’s boyfriend and the security man. The case has been transferred to the SCID.’’
Copyright PUNCH.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.
Re: ‘murdered Girl Not Babcock Varsity Student’ by fr3do(m): 8:07am On Jul 24, 2014
Do they ever admit?

2 Likes

Re: ‘murdered Girl Not Babcock Varsity Student’ by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 24, 2014
It is when the girl died that she is not their student,if the girl happen to win award, they will be using her to proud and be making noise.

2 Likes

Re: ‘murdered Girl Not Babcock Varsity Student’ by Smartsyn(m): 10:11am On Jul 24, 2014
Who ll we ask then

the dead?
Re: ‘murdered Girl Not Babcock Varsity Student’ by Krasid(m): 11:13am On Jul 24, 2014
Nobody wants to be associated with anything negative.

1 Like

Re: ‘murdered Girl Not Babcock Varsity Student’ by priscaoge(f): 1:08pm On Jul 24, 2014
She WAS a student of d school undecided,the school said that she dropped out but d family have not said anything about that yet. Until i hear from them,i won't believe this story undecided undecided undecidedcos i can see that u guys are trying to protect the image of ur school

RIP to d dead!
Re: ‘murdered Girl Not Babcock Varsity Student’ by priscaoge(f): 1:09pm On Jul 24, 2014
Krasid: Nobody wants to be associated with anything negative.
That's the point
Re: ‘murdered Girl Not Babcock Varsity Student’ by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 24, 2014
priscaoge:
That's the point
If Babcock admitted she was a student...will it make people not to apply there? She dropped out and ceased being their student. Instead of focussing on why she dropped out, busy with men and be going to parties she didn't even know the celebrants....u are defending. All d dead are innocent...now I remember.

2 Likes

Re: ‘murdered Girl Not Babcock Varsity Student’ by priscaoge(f): 3:14pm On Jul 24, 2014
ferdimako:
If Babcock admitted she was a student...will it make people not to apply there? She dropped out and ceased being their student. Instead of focussing on why she dropped out, busy with men and be going to parties she didn't even know the celebrants....u are defending. All d dead are innocent...now I remember.
Lmao! Dude calm down we ain't fightinggrinundecided. What if d parents says otherwise? If it won't make people to stop applying Y d rush to save d name of d school? Am not defending anybody,I said my opinion which am entitled to, u are free to say urs without quoting me #Peace!
Re: ‘murdered Girl Not Babcock Varsity Student’ by priscaoge(f): 3:16pm On Jul 24, 2014
coded80: It is when the girl died that she is not their student,if the girl happen to win award, they will be using her to proud and be making noise.
Lwkmdcheesycheesycheesycheesy,You are funny oooooo. Even d circumstances surrounding her deathcheesycheesy*She died in a Hotel where she attended a party* #Smh
Re: ‘murdered Girl Not Babcock Varsity Student’ by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 24, 2014
On behalf of the president federal republic of nigeria

she is not our citizen
busayo ogunkoya is not our citizen,she is a togolese,she only came to nigeria at about 12yrs ago to work as a slave,her real name was 'moupe koure' but her name got change when she work for a family in badagry,she was being treat like a daughter in the family that why she was given a chance to be bearing 'ogunkoya'.when she came to nigeria she couldn't speak english language,it was the ogunkoya family that train her and gave her the name 'busayo'. While we regret d passing away of moupe koure a.k.a(busayo ogunkoya)and sympathise with her family in togo and her guidance in badagry. R.i.p to her.

1 Like

Re: ‘murdered Girl Not Babcock Varsity Student’ by seankay(m): 6:55pm On Jul 24, 2014
Our police are mumu sha, what are they investigating again? Drunk guard shot the girl and they arrested the assistant manager and boyfriend...I cant relate on that

As for the school, I don't see any reason for the long and needless story of the girl spending just a semester and shii, that's stupid! Anybody can die at anytime, death doesn't care about the school you attend. I don't know when it became a sin to celebrate a birthday party in a hotel...some people's mentality sha
Re: ‘murdered Girl Not Babcock Varsity Student’ by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 24, 2014
hmm, yoruba gals and their hoe(ic)

way of life
Re: ‘murdered Girl Not Babcock Varsity Student’ by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 25, 2014
priscaoge:
Lmao! Dude calm down we ain't fightinggrinundecided. What if d parents says otherwise? If it won't make people to stop applying Y d rush to save d name of d school? Am not defending anybody,I said my opinion which am entitled to, u are free to say urs without quoting me #Peace!
but u quoted someone. I think me coming from another angle is d problem.
Re: ‘murdered Girl Not Babcock Varsity Student’ by priscaoge(f): 9:02am On Jul 25, 2014
ferdimako:
but u quoted someone. I think me coming from another angle is d problem.
Ur opinion dude
Re: ‘murdered Girl Not Babcock Varsity Student’ by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 25, 2014
priscaoge:
Ur opinion dude
na so...haha

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Story Behind Your Nickname? / Ahmadu Bello University Gets New Vc / Admission Into Unilag,unilorin,ui & Others Without Jamb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.