Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,377 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:15 AM

Intelligence Over Creativity. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Intelligence Over Creativity. (15939 Views)

Photo: This Is Called Creativity! / Is Intelligence Overrated: What You Really Need To Succeed / Ogun Isoye: Medicine For Retentive Memory And Intelligence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by abdulwastecx(m): 8:52am On Sep 04, 2014
Cheers01:

Here is the difference with Engineering-

-with technological advances, the reasoning changes. With economics, the reasoning is still constant. Look at your engineering textbooks from 3 years ago and look at the ones today then look at old and new economics textbooks. Note how little econnomics change at all

-with engineering, new techniques come out and there is an infinite number of ways to design a building. With economics, there is no new economic model discoverable, no new macroeconomic variables. Whatever happens conform the to the established economic schools of thought.

You have a point.....
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by JustCare: 8:55am On Sep 04, 2014
Krystalxxx:
I got it , I got it! Yaay! After minutes of looking for the answer ........just turned all the figures in my head grin
it doesn't make you what you think you're dear. That should have taken you 10 seconds. Though this test is not an eligible yardstick!
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Cheers01: 8:56am On Sep 04, 2014
Cheers01:

Here is the difference with Engineering-

-with technological advances, the reasoning changes. With economics, the reasoning is still constant. Look at your engineering textbooks from 3 years ago and look at the ones today then look at old and new economics textbooks. Note how little econnomics change at all

-with engineering, new techniques come out and there is an infinite number of ways to design a building. With economics, there is no new economic model discoverable, no new macroeconomic variables. Whatever happens conform the to the established economic schools of thought.

To further explain the first point with engineering and economics with examples-

Not so many years ago, you wouldnt hear of Engineers trying to build houses on water but with technology, Engineers now know how to fill areas with sand and rocks and then do some compacting to create solid land on water. Just look at what they are doing in Dubai

Now, the engineering textbooks would be adjusted to have more factors in determining where houses can be built.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-H0-YrWbymdw/TZoBLXVlTAI/AAAAAAAAAps/a0lXbgQvLcY/s1600/PJ_Hero_Feb_8th_07_1.jpg[/img]
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Cheers01: 9:00am On Sep 04, 2014
Caracta:

I don't know where you graduated from or what you were taught. I've come to understand that every course requires a level of reasoning, no matter how insignificant you may see it. For a graduate to tell me Economics requires no reasoning, then I'm short of words. Even a cleaning job requires some form of reasoning.

Students cram their ways through school and once they pass, they believe they are intelligent. That is where intelligence comes in, you go above the usual classroom exercise. Just maybe that is why I think Economics requires deep reasoning.

Some courses are more crammable than others.

Economics being the chief crammable ones. My favourite course was microeconomics.

Of course, economics requires reasoning just like any other course but economics doesnt require deep reasoning compared to some other courses.
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 04, 2014
JustCare:
it doesn't make you what you think you're dear. That should have taken you 10 seconds. Though this test is not an eligible yardstick!
Hahaha . I honestly don't care. I still got it ( evil laughter ) cheesy
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Caracta(f): 9:09am On Sep 04, 2014
Cheers01:

Some courses are more crammable than others.

Economics being the chief crammable ones. My favourite course was microeconomics.

Of course, economics requires reasoning just like any other course but economics doesnt require deep reasoning compared to some other courses.

Exactly! So pls don't say no reasoning is required. I took a course in Physics few months ago and it was a hard nut to crack. I was reading some Engineering stuff recently and i kept going round in circles like a lost puppy. There are easy ones, there are not-so-easy ones and there are difficult ones. For me anyway.

Nevertheless, they all require some form of reasoning. Degrees vary.
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by JustCare: 9:11am On Sep 04, 2014
Krystalxxx:
Hahaha . I honestly don't care. I still got it ( evil laughter ) cheesy
crash! lol
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by igbsam(m): 9:14am On Sep 04, 2014
2scorehigh:

It does.

grin
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Clinton594(m): 9:30am On Sep 04, 2014
Ceasar1: This is a tough one. But I think creativity is a standout of intelligence. So you've got to be intelligent to be creative. undecided

Okay check this puzzle out. Intelligent peeps will only read this, while creative peeps will understand this.

2+2 =Fish
3+3= Eight
7+7= Triangle

Abi now, creativity all the way. undecided

I don't even understand this... Does it mean I'm not creative.
Abeg park well
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Karleb(m): 9:35am On Sep 04, 2014
JustCare:
i like this ...in other words intelligence is primary while creativity is secondary. possession of both now makes you an oga @the top!

You garrit! cool
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 04, 2014
Abbey2sam:

now what do you call people that can't solve this,
Even though it took me sometimes to figure this out

Lol, people can be creative in different ways. It doesn't really have to be with letters or numbers. wink
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Karleb(m): 9:40am On Sep 04, 2014
adexsimply: on the contrary, you don't need above average intelligence to be creative.

Be it above average o

Be it below per

Intelligence = intelligence.
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by theshadowknows: 10:24am On Sep 04, 2014
creativity as I understand it is the process of discovering other ways around problems outside the most obvious and laid down rules, thus achieving the most recommended result.
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by UjSizzle(f): 10:25am On Sep 04, 2014
Ceasar1: This is a tough one. But I think creativity is a standout of intelligence. So you've got to be intelligent to be creative. undecided

Okay check this puzzle out. Intelligent peeps will only read this, while creative peeps will understand this.

2+2 =Fish
3+3= Eight
7+7= Triangle

Very artsy grin
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 04, 2014
.. money money money money
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 04, 2014
UjSizzle:
Very artsy grin

I don't have to ask, I know you got the ‘trick’ right. grin
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by GodMode: 10:52am On Sep 04, 2014
abdulwastecx:

intelligence = understanding basic principles like science, economy, mathematics, etc and applying them to solve problem.

creativity = stretching these understanding to the limit. creativity is more dependant on ur experienced, what u have been through etc.
the messi, ronaldo, p sqaure, Jackson of this world are very creative people with very challenging background

Wrong
According to merriam webster:

Intelligence is showing the ability to easily learn or understand things or to deal with new or difficult situations.

Creativity is having or showing an ability to make new things or think of new ideas.

Question for you
Can u CREATE something new without UNDERSTANDING how it works
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by theshadowknows: 11:05am On Sep 04, 2014
[quote author=Three7Ty9]

You know, if we were talking about a different society, say the US, then, I'd have agreed wholeheartedly to your proposition.

However, In Nigeria, try to think outside the box, and some professors will label you 'oversabi' and while the guy who crams the profs notes word for word and swallows all the outdated 1960 information hook line and sinker gets an 'A' and is labelled a genius, then you the intelligent, who dares to know and pursue knowledge gets an 'E' grin.

Well, in the end the mediocre like you put it gets rewarded for being a crammer and you would have been an Albert Einstein of this generation is labelled the unintelligent.

Try to get my drift Here alright?
I agree with you 100%
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by StoneColdBiceps(m): 11:15am On Sep 04, 2014

2+2 =Fish
3+3= Eight
7+7= Triangle

2 and 2 facing each other forms a fish
3 and 3 facing each other forms figure 8
7 and 7 facing each other forms a triangle
Ya dig?! So amai creative or amai intelligent?
Pls answer me cos mesef i no knoooooo!
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 04, 2014
StoneColdBiceps:

2 and 2 facing each other forms a fish
3 and 3 facing each other forms figure 8
7 and 7 facing each other forms a triangle
Ya dig?! So amai creative or amai intelligent?
Pls answer me cos mesef i no knoooooo!

grin You are both. grin
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by StoneColdBiceps(m): 11:27am On Sep 04, 2014
Ceasar1:

grin You are both. grin

Tank u!
NB: you afi bé intelligent to bé cre8tive
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by jidesp(m): 11:39am On Sep 04, 2014
Over the years people have always confused intelligence for creativity. And while they seem poles apart, you have to really be intelligent to be creative. Which also means you can't be creative if you're not intelligent enough to think you want to do something uniquely different
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by ocheu(f): 11:44am On Sep 04, 2014
A critical mind is an intelligent mind, and for one to be creative ur thinking have to be critical. So the two i think works together.
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Caracta(f): 11:52am On Sep 04, 2014
JustCare:
neither does it make the student dumb

Of course.
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by EMERIT2US(m): 2:07pm On Sep 04, 2014
ghostofsparta: Intelligence and creativity are qualities that both originate from one factor - COGNITION!. The more one's cognition is constantly put into use, the more one's inclination to be either intelligent or creative develops, and has it sharpens over time, one of the two must either be dominant or in equilibrium. Some people's natural cognitive ability to grasp knowledge (data/information) processed out of rational logic has been atrophied as a result of either an unfavorable environmental conditions deliberately induced by an unfortunate social circumstances such as those resulting to 'arrested development' of a subject or group of subject, or 'objectify zealotry' exerted by peregrine forces such as imperialism, colonialism and abrahamists (missionaries/jihadists) as it appears in the case of a British experiment called the amalgamation of incompatible ethnicities known as Nigeria, therefore the logico-intellectual ratiocination of a Nigerian is so chronically diminished that he now willfully accepts his dark-skinned ancestors were inferior to any pale skin humanoid. Apart from Africans, no other races of the world can experience a dosage of four century of Euro-arab mental-slavery and continual brainwashing without having their generations today believing fervently in the Jewish paradisaical concept of heaven (Shamayim) and the christian hell, as well as what an Arabic prophet requests on behalf of a tribal idol in exchange for absolute submission. Only people bereft of cultural intelligence and indigenous creativity will accept Adam and Eve as their primogenitor despite scientific facts which concludes that it is impossible for all the diverse race of the world to originate from a pair of semitic source, but unfortunately only my religiously deluded brethren believe such and continue to shed the blood of their brothers and sisters in the name of the Euro-arab religions. This explains why heavily colonized minds in Nigeria (an anti-cultural consuming nation that imports everything from safety pins, match-sticks, G-strings, bras, hair-wares, cosmetics to fairly used vehicles) may never develop the a culture-centric society that can breed the sort of collective creativity and intelligence that enabled the so-called paganistic Asians to manufacture machines and devices named after their native deities of their lands Honda, Fuji, Toyota, KIA, Bajaj etc are all names of their creations. Chris Rock once stated "If you are Christian black, you have a short memory", and the same goes with Muslim blacks for forgetting that the Arab jihadists did far worst than the European slave masters...A modern African can be defined in respect to how his/her logical acuity to differentiate between the factual possibilities of his/her ancestral believe systems and the fictions of the two Holy Books aka Fairy Tales as the guy puts it here in this video and I can say some Nigerian Christian will experience COGNITIVE DISSONANCE when the hear him telling them the name of the first ship to cart away blacks away was called.

In order to sharpen your creativity and intelligence I hereby recommend to all true African who want to rediscover their misplaced identity, to get the following publications that deliberately won't placed in the libraries of our colleges and universities.

God Is Black by Naiwu Osahon (very rare book)

[url=www.africanafrican.com/folder11/world%20history3/african%20and%20african%20american%20history/the-destruction-of-black-civilization-chancellor-williams.pdf]The Destruction of Black Civilization[/url] - Dr. Chancellor Williams

How Europe Underdeveloped Africa by Walter Rodney

Download The Lost Science of Africa from link 1 link 2 by Ivan Van Sertima and link 3:http://www.houseofknowledge.org.uk/site/documents/chinweizu/2010/Van%20Sertima%20(edited).pdf

They Came Before Colombus by Ivan Van Sertima

Read more here:
Arab Racism Against Black Africans

Adam & Eve My Foot
U re somehow sick o;but anyway let me download all d books-I'll give u a reply after I'm done reading

1 Like

Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Mclick(m): 2:12pm On Sep 04, 2014
To be creative, you must be intelligent and or brilliant. intelligence most time, is not what can be judged by academic standards. That's why most people who have impacted the world of sciences and Arts are not the best, judging from academic standards. Intelligence is a gene and creativity is inborn. Intelligence is in realms and creativity in is the world of it own
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by TopWinner(m): 2:38pm On Sep 04, 2014
If you're creative you're intelligent.. To be creative,gain intelligence... RIGHT?
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by TopWinner(m): 2:43pm On Sep 04, 2014
Ceasar1:

grin You are both. grin
Exactly... LOL
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 04, 2014

2+2 =Fish
3+3= Eight
7+7= Triangle
t,

join tgen together and they will give you the object,figure and dimension they equal.
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by rebecca167(m): 4:58pm On Sep 04, 2014
2 much grammar full hereooooo,
Make I explain 2 ordinary 9ija people wey no fit understand una grammar....

Been creative is like , you and me making Eba (garri) inside a big bowl with hot water, y
Been intelligent is you and me eating d eba (garri) and bitter leaf soup with our hands inside our mouth,
Inside our mouth, dats what intelligent beooooooo..
(Nb) for d I to knw wey full here, mak una no curse meoooooooo
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Chuksab: 5:22pm On Sep 04, 2014
Creativity is seeing the uncommon in the common, extra-ordinary from the ordinary. It cannot be taught as it does not follow a defined pattern but can be harnessed through positive mind exposure. Its innate in everyone but diverse in application. Yours may be in craft, another in abstract creations/reasonings...etc.

Chuksab: 6+6 = An eye glass
9 + 9 = An eye glass
4 + 4 = An Umbrella

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria-india Students Fracas: Calm Has Been Restored - Abike Dabiri-erewa / Scheme Of Work & Lesson Note For Basic 5 / Primary 5 For 1st , 2nd And 3rd Term / ASUU Threatens Strike If FG Fails To Sign Draft Renegotiated Agreement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.