Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:53 AM

Intelligence Over Creativity. - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Intelligence Over Creativity. (15794 Views)

Photo: This Is Called Creativity! / Is Intelligence Overrated: What You Really Need To Succeed / Ogun Isoye: Medicine For Retentive Memory And Intelligence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Chuksab: 5:23pm On Sep 04, 2014
Creativity is seeing the uncommon in the common, extra-ordinary from the ordinary. It cannot be taught as it does not follow a defined pattern but can be harnessed through positive mind exposure. Its innate in everyone but diverse in application. Yours may be in craft, another in abstract creations/reasoning...etc.

Chuksab: 6+6 = An eye glass
9 + 9 = An eye glass
4 + 4 = An Umbrella
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Chubhie: 7:22pm On Sep 04, 2014
Where is the line between insanity and creativity?
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Antell95(m): 9:10pm On Sep 04, 2014
Ceasar1: This is a tough one. But I think creativity is a standout of intelligence. So you've got to be intelligent to be creative. undecided

Okay check this puzzle out. Intelligent peeps will only read this, while creative peeps will understand this.

2+2 =Fish
3+3= Eight
7+7= Triangle

Abi now, creativity all the way. undecided

four letters are in fish!
three and three together is eight
two sevens together is a triangle
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 04, 2014
Antell95:

four letters are in fish!

Bring the two together gives you the fish shape. wink

1 Like

Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by despeakableme: 9:31pm On Sep 04, 2014
Let's look at the world now. How can you be creative if you're not intelligent? If you think creativity is beta than intelligence I suggest you try to create an Airplane that runs on water. Intelligence is what makes you creative. Its what makes you know that water at the maximum height attained by an airplane will freeze. Wikipedia says: Intelligence has been defined in many different ways such as in terms of one's capacity for logic, abstract thought, understanding, self-awareness, communication, learning, emotional knowledge, memory, planning, creativity and problem solving.
So, If you're saying creative all the way, I think you should reconsider.
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Gynacologist(m): 12:45am On Sep 05, 2014
emekakelvin: You may be intelligent and end up not being creative. The attribute of being intelligent are sometimes innate, but they are related to environmental factor.

An intelligent man is someone who follows lay down principle to solve human problem, while a Creative man is someone who puzzle a solution when the lay down principle aiint bringing result.

From the look of things, I am creative man for getting you of this confusion(question) bothering your mind. Am I not ?grintonguewink

When you are creative you are intelligent, but being intelligent does not match creativity. Creativity is the key cheesy
Dazall

u tyt
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Gynacologist(m): 12:46am On Sep 05, 2014
Ceasar1: This is a tough one. But I think creativity is a standout of intelligence. So you've got to be intelligent to be creative. undecided

Okay check this puzzle out. Intelligent peeps will only read this, while creative peeps will understand this.

2+2 =Fish
3+3= Eight
7+7= Triangle

xplain abeg ma na coconut.
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Gynacologist(m): 12:56am On Sep 05, 2014
ghostofsparta: Intelligence and creativity are qualities that both originate from one factor - COGNITION!. The more one's cognition is constantly put into use, the more one's inclination to be either intelligent or creative develops, and has it sharpens over time, one of the two must either be dominant or in equilibrium. Some people's natural cognitive ability to grasp knowledge (data/information) processed out of rational logic has been atrophied as a result of either an unfavorable environmental conditions deliberately induced by an unfortunate social circumstances such as those resulting to 'arrested development' of a subject or group of subject, or 'objectify zealotry' exerted by peregrine forces such as imperialism, colonialism and abrahamists (missionaries/jihadists) as it appears in the case of a British experiment called the amalgamation of incompatible ethnicities known as Nigeria, therefore the logico-intellectual ratiocination of a Nigerian is so chronically diminished that he now willfully accepts his dark-skinned ancestors were inferior to any pale skin humanoid. Apart from Africans, no other races of the world can experience a dosage of four century of Euro-arab mental-slavery and continual brainwashing without having their generations today believing fervently in the Jewish paradisaical concept of heaven (Shamayim) and the christian hell, as well as what an Arabic prophet requests on behalf of a tribal idol in exchange for absolute submission. Only people bereft of cultural intelligence and indigenous creativity will accept Adam and Eve as their primogenitor despite scientific facts which concludes that it is impossible for all the diverse race of the world to originate from a pair of semitic source, but unfortunately only my religiously deluded brethren believe such and continue to shed the blood of their brothers and sisters in the name of the Euro-arab religions. This explains why heavily colonized minds in Nigeria (an anti-cultural consuming nation that imports everything from safety pins, match-sticks, G-strings, bras, hair-wares, cosmetics to fairly used vehicles) may never develop the a culture-centric society that can breed the sort of collective creativity and intelligence that enabled the so-called paganistic Asians to manufacture machines and devices named after their native deities of their lands Honda, Fuji, Toyota, KIA, Bajaj etc are all names of their creations. Chris Rock once stated "If you are Christian black, you have a short memory", and the same goes with Muslim blacks for forgetting that the Arab jihadists did far worst than the European slave masters...A modern African can be defined in respect to how his/her logical acuity to differentiate between the factual possibilities of his/her ancestral believe systems and the fictions of the two Holy Books aka Fairy Tales as the guy puts it here in this video and I can say some Nigerian Christian will experience COGNITIVE DISSONANCE when the hear him telling them the name of the first ship to cart away blacks away was called.

In order to sharpen your creativity and intelligence I hereby recommend to all true African who want to rediscover their misplaced identity, to get the following publications that deliberately won't placed in the libraries of our colleges and universities.

God Is Black by Naiwu Osahon (very rare book)

[url=www.africanafrican.com/folder11/world%20history3/african%20and%20african%20american%20history/the-destruction-of-black-civilization-chancellor-williams.pdf]The Destruction of Black Civilization[/url] - Dr. Chancellor Williams

How Europe Underdeveloped Africa by Walter Rodney

Download The Lost Science of Africa from link 1 link 2 by Ivan Van Sertima and link 3:http://www.houseofknowledge.org.uk/site/documents/chinweizu/2010/Van%20Sertima%20(edited).pdf

They Came Before Colombus by Ivan Van Sertima

Read more here:
Arab Racism Against Black Africans

Adam & Eve My Foot
wat is dz dude sayin.......
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Gynacologist(m): 12:58am On Sep 05, 2014
Tazmode: smiley one can't be creative by being an insufferable blockhead whether he received basic education or not. Creativity is the end product of intelligence, but i may be erroneous.
just lyk u said...u culd b wrong u knw ?
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Nobody: 6:48am On Sep 05, 2014
Gynacologist: just lyk u said...u culd b wrong u knw ?
yap, but you don't get to decide that. I do smiley
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Nelrulez(m): 7:44am On Sep 05, 2014
ghostofsparta: Intelligence and creativity are qualities that both originate from one factor - COGNITION!. The more one's cognition is constantly put into use, the more one's inclination to be either intelligent or creative develops, and has it sharpens over time, one of the two must either be dominant or in equilibrium. Some people's natural cognitive ability to grasp knowledge (data/information) processed out of rational logic has been atrophied as a result of either an unfavorable environmental conditions deliberately induced by an unfortunate social circumstances such as those resulting to 'arrested development' of a subject or group of subject, or 'objectify zealotry' exerted by peregrine forces such as imperialism, colonialism and abrahamists (missionaries/jihadists) as it appears in the case of a British experiment called the amalgamation of incompatible ethnicities known as Nigeria, therefore the logico-intellectual ratiocination of a Nigerian is so chronically diminished that he now willfully accepts his dark-skinned ancestors were inferior to any pale skin humanoid. Apart from Africans, no other races of the world can experience a dosage of four century of Euro-arab mental-slavery and continual brainwashing without having their generations today believing fervently in the Jewish paradisaical concept of heaven (Shamayim) and the christian hell, as well as what an Arabic prophet requests on behalf of a tribal idol in exchange for absolute submission. Only people bereft of cultural intelligence and indigenous creativity will accept Adam and Eve as their primogenitor despite scientific facts which concludes that it is impossible for all the diverse race of the world to originate from a pair of semitic source, but unfortunately only my religiously deluded brethren believe such and continue to shed the blood of their brothers and sisters in the name of the Euro-arab religions. This explains why heavily colonized minds in Nigeria (an anti-cultural consuming nation that imports everything from safety pins, match-sticks, G-strings, bras, hair-wares, cosmetics to fairly used vehicles) may never develop the a culture-centric society that can breed the sort of collective creativity and intelligence that enabled the so-called paganistic Asians to manufacture machines and devices named after their native deities of their lands Honda, Fuji, Toyota, KIA, Bajaj etc are all names of their creations. Chris Rock once stated "If you are Christian black, you have a short memory", and the same goes with Muslim blacks for forgetting that the Arab jihadists did far worst than the European slave masters...A modern African can be defined in respect to how his/her logical acuity to differentiate between the factual possibilities of his/her ancestral believe systems and the fictions of the two Holy Books aka Fairy Tales as the guy puts it here in this video and I can say some Nigerian Christian will experience COGNITIVE DISSONANCE when the hear him telling them the name of the first ship to cart away blacks away was called.

In order to sharpen your creativity and intelligence I hereby recommend to all true African who want to rediscover their misplaced identity, to get the following publications that deliberately won't placed in the libraries of our colleges and universities.

[url=www.africanafrican.com/folder11/world%20history3/african%20and%20african%20american%20history/the-destruction-of-black-civilization-chancellor-williams.pdf]The Destruction of Black Civilization[/url] - Dr. Chancellor Williams

Download The Lost Science of Africa from link 1 link 2 by Ivan Van Sertima and link 3:http://www.houseofknowledge.org.uk/site/documents/chinweizu/2010/Van%20Sertima%20(edited).pdf

Read more here:

Adam & Eve My Foot
Rubbish.
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by MASAKAR(m): 4:22pm On Sep 05, 2014
I deem been creative is beta dan intelligence
Though u must b intelligent in order to b creative!!!! In som cases som are intelligent in writing, analyzing nd in formulation policy but to practice it turn a fiasco.

1 Like

Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by gbodimowo(m): 7:50pm On Sep 05, 2014
To me creativity is the key to survival
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by SAFO(m): 8:47pm On Sep 05, 2014
frankben: Creativity is a natural instinct but intelligence can be developed... One who is creative can build on intelligence but one who is intelligent might lack creativity and can't develop it... I think creativity gets the nod here.. smiley

You're almost on to it. Creativity comes from our intuitive knowing, it is formed in the right side of our brain. Almost everyone is a prisoner of the left side of the brain, this is where logic, language, structure and our general perception of everyday events form. What we refer to as intelligence or cleverness all comes from the left side of the brain. While those of us who are creative or artistic and act on our intuitive knowing, have more use of the right hemisphere. In other words, we can think outside the box. Notice people who are close minded or against any sort of change can never really be creative because they have essentially shut out the right side of their brain. Likewise, they could be some of the most intelligent people on the planet.
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by rman: 11:59am On Sep 06, 2014
Cheers01:

Here is the difference with Engineering-

-with technological advances, the reasoning changes. With economics, the reasoning is still constant. Look at your engineering textbooks from 3 years ago and look at the ones today then look at old and new economics textbooks. Note how little econnomics change at all

-with engineering, new techniques come out and there is an infinite number of ways to design a building. With economics, there is no new economic model discoverable, no new macroeconomic variables. Whatever happens conform the to the established economic schools of thought.

TKO! Gbam!
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Yemlizzy(f): 6:00pm On Sep 06, 2014
The power of creativity cannot be over-emphasised.
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Thewhizzkid1(m): 10:45am On Sep 12, 2014
I think intelligence and creativity goes hand in hand..
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Ultimate001: 7:30pm On Sep 16, 2014

2+2 =Fish
3+3= Eight
7+7= Triangle

pls bro, put me through; racked my brain bt to no avail.
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by ghostofsparta(m): 1:16am On Sep 28, 2014
Intelligence and creativity are qualities that both originate from one factor - COGNITION!. The more one's cognition is constantly put into use, the more one's inclination to be either intelligent or creative develops, and has it sharpens over time, one of the two must either be dominant or in equilibrium. Some people's natural cognitive ability to grasp knowledge (data/information) processed out of rational logic has been atrophied as a result of either an unfavorable environmental conditions deliberately induced by an unfortunate social circumstances such as those resulting to 'arrested development' of a subject or group of subject, or 'objectify zealotry' exerted by peregrine forces such as imperialism, colonialism and abrahamists (missionaries/jihadists) as it appears in the case of a British experiment called the amalgamation of incompatible ethnicities known as Nigeria, therefore the logico-intellectual ratiocination of a Nigerian is so chronically diminished that he now willfully accepts his dark-skinned ancestors were inferior to any pale skin humanoid. Apart from Africans, no other races of the world can experience a dosage of four century of Euro-arab mental-slavery and continual brainwashing without having their generations today believing fervently in the Jewish paradisaical concept of heaven (Shamayim) and the christian hell, as well as what an Arabic prophet requests on behalf of a tribal idol in exchange for absolute submission. Only people bereft of cultural intelligence and indigenous creativity will accept Adam and Eve as their primogenitor despite scientific facts which concludes that it is impossible for all the diverse race of the world to originate from a pair of semitic source, but unfortunately only my religiously deluded brethren believe such and continue to shed the blood of their brothers and sisters in the name of the Euro-arab religions. This explains why heavily colonized minds in Nigeria (an anti-cultural consuming nation that imports everything from safety pins, match-sticks, G-strings, bras, hair-wares, cosmetics to fairly used vehicles) may never develop the a culture-centric society that can breed the sort of collective creativity and intelligence that enabled the so-called paganistic Asians to manufacture machines and devices named after their native deities of their lands Honda, Fuji, Toyota, KIA, Bajaj etc are all names of their creations. Chris Rock once stated "If you are Christian black, you have a short memory", and the same goes with Muslim blacks for forgetting that the Arab jihadists did far worst than the European slave masters...A modern African can be defined in respect to how his/her logical acuity to differentiate between the factual possibilities of his/her ancestral believe systems and the fictions of the two Holy Books aka Fairy Tales as the guy puts it here in this video and I can say some Nigerian Christian will experience COGNITIVE DISSONANCE when the hear him telling them the name of the first ship to cart away blacks away was called.

The Destruction of Black Civilization - Dr. Chancellor Williams

Read more here:

Adam & Eve My Foot
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by MightyFortress: 10:29pm On Jan 19, 2015
Nice thread.
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by chamboy(m): 11:23pm On Apr 22, 2015
This is a tough one. But I think creativity is a standout of intelligence. So you've got to be intelligent to be creative. undecided

2+2 =Fish
3+3= Eight
7+7= Triangle

9 +9 = love
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by Nobody: 3:09am On Aug 01, 2015
Intelligence without creativity is called savanthood.
Re: Intelligence Over Creativity. by davidif: 6:02am On Mar 10, 2017
To me they are the same thing. Intelligence is just an umbrella term because there are different types of intelligence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

WAEC Disown State By State Analysis Of WAEC Results, Asks Public To Disregard it / Jamb Online Registration 2012/13 Now On: Click Here To Apply / UNICAL Suspends Payment Of School Charges Till Further Notice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.