Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,389 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Top 10 Signs You’ve Been In Nigeria Too Long - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Top 10 Signs You’ve Been In Nigeria Too Long (26991 Views)

10 Signs Of A Nigerian Flyiing The First Time. / Don't Suffer For Too Long From That Health Problem. Call +2347038871009 For Help / Are International Airports In Nigeria Too Small? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Signs You’ve Been In Nigeria Too Long by horlabiyi(m): 3:06pm On Jul 25, 2014
NAIJA
Re: Top 10 Signs You’ve Been In Nigeria Too Long by ggrin(f): 3:18pm On Jul 25, 2014
Lovexme:

One hausa girl keeps disturbing my phone. She once flashed my phone by 3am last week too. angry

I don't know her o
haha one man too keeps disturbing me....hin go say hello wayo!grin
Re: Top 10 Signs You’ve Been In Nigeria Too Long by Howmanage: 3:21pm On Jul 25, 2014
ggrin: 11:yoruba go dy shout ontop fonegrincheesy
12:hausa go dy call wrong numbergrincheesy
13:iboundecided
cheesy
Re: Top 10 Signs You’ve Been In Nigeria Too Long by elguaje(m): 3:25pm On Jul 25, 2014
When you call a fat hausa man Alhaji, and the skinny one abok! undecided

6 Likes

Re: Top 10 Signs You’ve Been In Nigeria Too Long by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 25, 2014
Those calls from Hausa pple na sometin else, there is no 3 month interval wey I no dey receive dia mistaken call, d worst part be say, these pple no dey ever speak even ordinary pidgin....
If dem call u so, not even simple "Hello" dem don start to dey blow dia language...after 2x of dem calling me and start blowing dat dia language, I changed tactics, instead of saying na wrong number, If dey begin blow Hausa, I start saying gibberish in response, mimicking hausa language sort of....for my mind I dey say...“una pple and wrong number...shebi na Hausa u dey speak for me, u go hear am today na, I go jonse u tire"....and d funi part is dat they will keep repeating their statement and I keep saying rubbish in Hausa accent till they cut the call...I tire for those pple, everytime wrong number....90% of wrong calls I receive na dem.....haba.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Signs You’ve Been In Nigeria Too Long by pesty100(m): 3:32pm On Jul 25, 2014
broadminded: One of the majour signs you've been in Nigeria for too long is when you know a man called Honourable Patrick Obahiagbon and a woman called Patience Jonathan.
yin and yang
Re: Top 10 Signs You’ve Been In Nigeria Too Long by Lovexme(m): 3:39pm On Jul 25, 2014
ggrin: haha one man too keeps disturbing me....hin go say hello wayo!grin

You sure say no be that aboki wey dey down the road? grin
Re: Top 10 Signs You’ve Been In Nigeria Too Long by milkydaddy(m): 3:57pm On Jul 25, 2014
1.wen evry noodles is ur indomie.2 wen evry toothpaste is ur maclean.3.wen evry star playas of d club u suport is bein refers 2 as ur pikin.4wen u exchange ur franchise rights 4 #500 durin election.5wen political T.shirt or polo stil ur best outin
Re: Top 10 Signs You’ve Been In Nigeria Too Long by milkydaddy(m): 4:09pm On Jul 25, 2014
6.Wen u stil call ur pastor daddy as a sign of honour.if u fall 2 any of these categories u don tail 4 naija
Re: Top 10 Signs You’ve Been In Nigeria Too Long by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 25, 2014
Re: Top 10 Signs You’ve Been In Nigeria Too Long by Karleb(m): 4:48pm On Jul 25, 2014
optimumprimus: not everyone is uncivilized like you . that is why there are numerous communicable diseases in Nigeria . why the fvkc would you eat with your hands . that is nasty! Nigeria needs to be recolonized.

**breaths deep**

I'll stop replying until you understand the phrase "wash your hands before and after eating".

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Signs You’ve Been In Nigeria Too Long by Karleb(m): 4:51pm On Jul 25, 2014
pesty100: yin and yang

More like, push and pull.
Re: Top 10 Signs You’ve Been In Nigeria Too Long by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 25, 2014
Re: Top 10 Signs You’ve Been In Nigeria Too Long by jaylorde(m): 5:01pm On Jul 25, 2014
efec: u tend to shout up nepa any time power is restored..
surprised wen power is on 4 too long.even complain atimes

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Signs You’ve Been In Nigeria Too Long by WoodcrestMayor(m): 5:03pm On Jul 25, 2014
U are very correct cheesy While shopping online,I only decide to buy or not to buy after converting to naira.That's the only way I can tag it as expensive or cheap.I wonder how I'll adjust if I commot this Naija. embarassed
anitank: I always have my calculator anytime I go shopping at the mall or the local markets outside the country. Can't buy a thing without calculating the naira value grin embarassed. I no buy oo if I feel it's too expensive tongue

This always cracks my friends and colleagues up but wetin concern me cheesy

And yes that's a sign too grin
Re: Top 10 Signs You’ve Been In Nigeria Too Long by Karleb(m): 5:05pm On Jul 25, 2014
optimumprimus: who gives a fvck what you have to say ? Nigeria needs to be recolonized .

If you think I'll reply you when you can't understand a phrase, then you must be really overestimating yourself.
Re: Top 10 Signs You’ve Been In Nigeria Too Long by Sylverbox(m): 5:07pm On Jul 25, 2014
IBO go dey lie on top phone!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Signs You’ve Been In Nigeria Too Long by WoodcrestMayor(m): 5:07pm On Jul 25, 2014
Loool...I tire for them my broda
Normality: Those calls from Hausa pple na sometin else, there is no 3 month interval wey I no dey receive dia mistaken call, d worst part be say, these pple no dey ever speak even ordinary pidgin....
If dem call u so, not even simple "Hello" dem don start to dey blow dia language...after 2x of dem calling me and start blowing dat dia language, I changed tactics, instead of saying na wrong number, If dey begin blow Hausa, I start saying gibberish in response, mimicking hausa language sort of....for my mind I dey say...“una pple and wrong number...shebi na Hausa u dey speak for me, u go hear am today na, I go jonse u tire"....and d funi part is dat they will keep repeating their statement and I keep saying rubbish in Hausa accent till they cut the call...I tire for those pple, everytime wrong number....90% of wrong calls I receive na dem.....haba.
Re: Top 10 Signs You’ve Been In Nigeria Too Long by ggrin(f): 6:08pm On Jul 25, 2014
Lovexme:

You sure say no be that aboki wey dey down the road? grin
the aboki sef fit be utongue
Re: Top 10 Signs You’ve Been In Nigeria Too Long by onyfrank: 7:51pm On Jul 25, 2014
its a country where u c keke driver cursing SUV owner, "to remove this carton from the road"

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Signs You’ve Been In Nigeria Too Long by SweetyZinta(f): 8:18pm On Jul 25, 2014
For Naija you fit buy everything 4 go slow!
Re: Top 10 Signs You’ve Been In Nigeria Too Long by drealdoc89(m): 8:18pm On Jul 25, 2014
You got me laughing@hausa go dey call wrong number!
Re: Top 10 Signs You’ve Been In Nigeria Too Long by kechywillz(m): 8:22pm On Jul 25, 2014
na that soup wey dat white guy dey chop go make am,him no go like go him country
Re: Top 10 Signs You’ve Been In Nigeria Too Long by Mayor21(m): 8:52pm On Jul 25, 2014
optimumprimus: not everyone is uncivilized like you . that is why there are numerous communicable diseases in Nigeria . why the fvkc would you eat with your hands . that is nasty! Nigeria needs to be recolonized.
Abeg, make una dryv dis mumu comot er!
Re: Top 10 Signs You’ve Been In Nigeria Too Long by Tinyemeka(m): 9:04pm On Jul 25, 2014
Igbo man go dey call 20 20 plots, mirrion mirrion. smiley
Re: Top 10 Signs You’ve Been In Nigeria Too Long by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 25, 2014
Oguntimmy: U pick race(350km/h)...when u hear Gbuuu!*bomb sound*

Hahahahaha grin grin
Re: Top 10 Signs You’ve Been In Nigeria Too Long by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 25, 2014
500GP: WHEN EASTERNERS SEE LAGOS AS NEW YORK

Offcourse now...Lagos is the NewYork of Africa.
Re: Top 10 Signs You’ve Been In Nigeria Too Long by tobechika(f): 11:27pm On Jul 25, 2014
ibi do werin
Re: Top 10 Signs You’ve Been In Nigeria Too Long by if3oluwa(f): 11:37pm On Jul 25, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: You become apprehensive/expectant when you've had 12hrs of uninterrupted power supply...u don know say na 2days of blackout go followgrin

haha! true!!

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Signs You’ve Been In Nigeria Too Long by gorgeousnogo(f): 12:03am On Jul 26, 2014
TearsOfTheSun: 11. You collect bags of Rice from politicians during election time grin
and wont bother coming out dat day to vote 4 them
Re: Top 10 Signs You’ve Been In Nigeria Too Long by corruptboss(m): 6:45am On Jul 26, 2014
U only bother/complain abt Nepa wen ur phone battery is low

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Signs You’ve Been In Nigeria Too Long by Lovexme(m): 8:15am On Jul 26, 2014
ggrin: the aboki sef fit be utongue

That means na u be the hausa girl..I don catch u today tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Made Easy / The Disgraceful State Of Roads In GRA, Benin-City (PHOTOS) / BRT Vehicle Crushes Man To Death In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.