Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,395 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:50 AM

Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead (43740 Views)

The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead / River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt / FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by moscobabs(m): 2:39pm On Jul 25, 2014
End time thing

1 Like

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Tex42(m): 2:39pm On Jul 25, 2014
just hope no one has contracted it. R.I.P to the liberian!.
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 25, 2014
world war z things

2 Likes

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 25, 2014
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Sweetlemon(f): 2:40pm On Jul 25, 2014
Eyop:
Baby wink kiss

Not in the mood. I didn't sleep well last night.
Don't bring out hand 2 shake me wen next u see me cos am nt gonna respond. D end is near, accept Christ into ur life n u shall have Eternal Life. Do dat sharp sharp
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 25, 2014
Euthanasia or natural... RIP though
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Eyop: 2:41pm On Jul 25, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Not in the mood. I didn't sleep well last night.
Hahahahahahahaha cheesy grin grin wetin happen na
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Ifeconwaba(m): 2:41pm On Jul 25, 2014
THE have murdered the man to avoid spread of the disease
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by egopersonified(f): 2:42pm On Jul 25, 2014
uzeba: This morning an ebola patient was brought to a private clinic, the sister said to the receptionist my brother has ebola the doctor being a yoruba man shouted from his office EBOKINI? Olorunmaje ki ari oriburuku he ran out of the hospital everybody followed including women in labor and Hiv patients.

guy, u are too funny, rotflmao
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Sweetlemon(f): 2:42pm On Jul 25, 2014
Eyop:
Hahahahahahahaha cheesy grin grin wetin happen na

Nothing has ever worried me more than this since yesterday. Honestly! Seems like we do not know the gravity of having ebola in Lagos (of all fvcking states in Nigeria for crying out loud!) Do you have any idea how contagious that disease is? How far can our selfish politicians go to protecting us?

Ah! We are all now officially O O O (On Our Own)

1 Like

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Sweetlemon(f): 2:43pm On Jul 25, 2014
Ifeconwaba: THE have murdered the man to avoid spread of the disease

That will not even work sef. What of all the people he touched in that plane? ebola is even more contagious at death.

2 Likes

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by pickabeau1: 2:44pm On Jul 25, 2014
MadCow1:

He flew in on a Plane..

They suspected from the moment he arrived that he had the Virus.. I am just really Hoping to God that the Nigerian Immigrations Quarantined everyone of them on that flight, including the special passengers and co.

Bro..im hoping with you too

Or else fokasibe..
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Eyop: 2:45pm On Jul 25, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Nothing has ever worried me more than this since yesterday. Honestly! Seems like we do not know the gravity of having ebola in Lagos (of all fvcking states in Nigeria for crying out loud!) Do you have any idea how contagious that disease is? How far can our selfish politicians go to protecting us?

Ah! We are all now officially O O O (On Our Own)
Ebola is more dangerous than HIV/AIDS and it also worries me too dear. Politicians ke? In Nigeria health care is zero

1 Like

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Ifeconwaba(m): 2:45pm On Jul 25, 2014
himkers: The man was killed to avoid further outspread.

RIP to him
exactly the killed the man to avoid spread of the disease
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by davefieldpop(m): 2:50pm On Jul 25, 2014
Kai! General ebola you don land? The great destroyer, Mr death himself.
I am relocating to Benin republic,call me when he his back to the pit of hell.
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Sweetlemon(f): 2:51pm On Jul 25, 2014
Eyop:
Ebola is more dangerous than HIV/AIDS and it also worries me too dear. Politicians ke? In Nigeria health care is zero

It's unfair to HIV/AIDS to be in the same sentence with ebola.

1 Like

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by MoneyGreen(m): 2:53pm On Jul 25, 2014
Nawaao... I no wan see any bola-boy/man near me o!
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 25, 2014
This man was killed
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by cuppieyez007(m): 2:54pm On Jul 25, 2014
Choi! This epidemic is *balling like ebola* across lagos... I need to relocate to sambisa. better off than here
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 25, 2014
Sweetlemon:

It's unfair to HIV/AIDS to be in the same sentence with ebola.

As a doctor,if I had a choice between HIV and Ebola....I will take HIV anyday.

2 Likes

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 25, 2014
himkers: The man was killed to avoid further outspread.

RIP to him
That wouldn't solve the problem. Ebola infested bodies are contagious for up to 60 days after death...EVEN LIBERIA'S CHIEF EBOLA OFFICER NOW HAS THE VIRUS.

1 Like

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 2:59pm On Jul 25, 2014
LMAyedun: Mr. Patrick Sawyer, a WASH consultant at the Ministry of Finance, who had been quarantined since arriving Lagos, Nigeria on Sunday, July 20, 2014 with symptoms of the Ebola virus, has died .

A Liberian government official, speaking on condition of anonymity said the news of Sawyer’s death was relayed to Liberia by the Nigerian embassy, in the early hours of Friday, July 25, 2014.

The Lagos government health authorities announced on Thursday, July 24, 2014 that Sawyer was being tested for the deadly Ebola virus.

Sawyer’s death is the first recorded case of one of the world’s deadliest diseases in Nigeria, Africa’s biggest economy and most populous nation, with 170 million people.

Ebola has killed 632 people across Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone since an outbreak began in February, straining a string of weak health systems despite international help.

http://www.thetrentonline.com/breaking-news-liberian-man-patrick-sawyer-first-ebola-case-lagos-dead-pictured/?

http://m.allafrica.com/stories/201407251025.html/?
Bye
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by gabicon: 3:00pm On Jul 25, 2014
Just thinking out loud. Did he know he was infected? Why did he come to Nigeria? I'm kind of curious cos if he died today that means hevmust have been in the advanced stage of the illnesses so did he come to find help in Nigeria or spread it.

4 Likes

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by uzeba(m): 3:01pm On Jul 25, 2014
Kossyne:

This is what taking 5 wraps of wet weed every morning can cause. People please stay away from weed.
your name say it all 'kolo'!!
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 25, 2014
Pls who is Ebola ? Is he or she a celebrity or terrorist?
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by morefire: 3:02pm On Jul 25, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Because you haven't been infected ba?

WTH was he doing in Nigeria without first testing himself knowing very well he was coming from an infected country ehn

easy soldier easy
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Sweetlemon(f): 3:03pm On Jul 25, 2014
bushdoc9919:

As a doctor,if I had a choice between HIV and Ebola....I will take HIV anyday.

With all gladness
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 25, 2014
Am scared o embarassed
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 25, 2014
No nigerian casualty yet
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 25, 2014
I rili don't knw whether 2 say "glory be 2 God" or "RIP"
God knows best.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

New Names Emerge For HIV/AIDS, Prostitutes / After Month-Long Coma, Woman Dies From Cheap Nose Job In Mexico (Photos) / How Do You Explain This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.