Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,260 members, 7,818,886 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Why Do Ladies Think That Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Ladies Think That Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic? (2347 Views)

Why Do Ladies Think That Having Sex Is A Favour To The Guy / My Girlfriend Is Not Romantic..see What She Did!! Viewer Discretion / Why Are Nigerian Guys Not Romantic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Ladies Think That Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic? by laylow112(m): 5:25pm On Oct 13, 2008
why do most ladies believe that Nigerian men are not romantic, as for me, I believe Nigerian guys are the most romantic guys in the world, You probably haven't met the right one. I am Representing the entire Nigerian Men,so Ladies pls give us a few tips on what things you would consider romantic by a guy and also tell us about the most memorable romantic date you have ever been to, if you have been to any, undecided
Re: Why Do Ladies Think That Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic? by akym(m): 5:57pm On Oct 13, 2008
brb
Re: Why Do Ladies Think That Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic? by arramyjay: 6:10pm On Oct 13, 2008
SOME OF THEM DNT HW TO EXPRESS THEIR LOVE,AND TO ME A ROMANTIC GUY IS A GUY THT KNWS HOW TO EXPRESS HIS LOVE BOTH BY ACTIONS AND words AND NO NIGERIAN GUYS ARE NT THE MOST ROMANTIC GUYS IN THE WORLD.MOST OF THEM ARE NT EVEN CLOSE TO THE R IN THE WORD ROMANTIC.
Re: Why Do Ladies Think That Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic? by syren: 6:21pm On Oct 13, 2008
Everyone has their own idea of what romantic is. Some people find flowers and gifts romantic while others prefer a more abstract approach. Ideal romance doesn't exist in my opinion. cry
Re: Why Do Ladies Think That Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic? by doe82: 6:42pm On Oct 13, 2008
Syren,how are u doing?
how was ur day?
good 2 see u
Re: Why Do Ladies Think That Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic? by lancevader(m): 6:59pm On Oct 13, 2008
hum wat a topic? ? ? ?
wat wil u tink the answerz wil bi 4rm fmalez
lafin?thesz sektn makez mi laf.??dnt mind mi.
Re: Why Do Ladies Think That Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic? by syren: 7:07pm On Oct 13, 2008
doe82:

Syren,how are u doing?
how was ur day?
good 2 see u

hhhmm my day was ok, I think I'm going to have to break our agreement, I'm under so much stress and it isn't good for me.

How r u by the way?
Re: Why Do Ladies Think That Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic? by doe82: 7:31pm On Oct 13, 2008
I m good!
had a very busy anyway.

syren:

I'm under so much stress and it isn't good for me.

How r u by the way?

stress is a normal part of life,how it is handled matters more than the stress itself coz its what makes the difference!!
u dont have to break our "agreement"
we ll play by the "rules, "
Re: Why Do Ladies Think That Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic? by rubi(f): 7:36pm On Oct 13, 2008
Blame it on orientation and environment but things are changing gradually nowadays
Re: Why Do Ladies Think That Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic? by syren: 7:46pm On Oct 13, 2008
doe82:

I m good!
had a very busy anyway.

stress is a normal part of life,how it is handled matters more than the stress itself because its what makes the difference!!
u don't have to break our "agreement"
we ll play by the "rules, "

I'm gonna remember that. smiley

Rule #1: take things one day at a time.

I'm running out of time it feels like I'm doing 3 days worth of work at once. I just wish I could escape for a while. Let the world carry on while I sleep for several weeks. lol
Re: Why Do Ladies Think That Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic? by doe82: 7:55pm On Oct 13, 2008
syren:

I'm running out of time it feels like I'm doing 3 days worth of work at once.

It's unfortunate i cant help;i wish i culd but i believe u can handle it

syren:

Rule #1: take things one day at a time.

rule #1 noted!!!so what of others

i hope this is not going to b a despotic government.lol shocked
Re: Why Do Ladies Think That Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic? by syren: 7:59pm On Oct 13, 2008
doe82:

i hope this is not going to b a despotic government.lol shocked

We've only ever discussed one rule, enlighten me to the others pls grin
Re: Why Do Ladies Think That Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic? by doe82: 8:01pm On Oct 13, 2008
pls lets talk 2moro.i ve to run now!1
Re: Why Do Ladies Think That Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic? by syren: 8:02pm On Oct 13, 2008
doe82:

please lets talk 2moro.i ve to run now!1

no problem, until 2 moro, bye doe
Re: Why Do Ladies Think That Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic? by ima1(f): 8:03pm On Oct 13, 2008
i think some of them do not want to express it because it might potray them as weak. for example my hubby acts the same way, because he doesn't wanna show it all, and sometimes when he shows it, it is like a really sweet moment. so i sometimes wait for him to express his feelings b4 i express mine and he laughs because he knows i am waiting for him.
Re: Why Do Ladies Think That Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic? by A40(m): 1:17am On Oct 14, 2008
If i say this it would sound like i am being chauvinistic but i would say it anyway tongue.Nigerian Women are not that romantic either and that is why they have been equally paired and matched with unromantic Nigerian Men
Re: Why Do Ladies Think That Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic? by richo(m): 3:43am On Oct 14, 2008
niaja boys are not romantic! even the girls too! it was till i left naija i realized!
imagine for restaurant chic de give me hand to kiss, as she throw hand i ddnt even know what i was to do (like a bush man) embarassed
boys need to improve but even u girls u cant just fold ya arms and wait for "romantic" to possess ur guy its a 2way affair
Re: Why Do Ladies Think That Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic? by woodboi(m): 8:41am On Oct 14, 2008
well it all depend on what being romantic means to our ladies,i can read someone talking about flower,gift or card on this post. how many naija girl of today will except flower or card apart from re-charge card and if that is what romantic means to you girl's may i not be romantic for life, can someone say Amen to that(i might have send that couple of times sha).sincerely speaking being romantic is like a game you both understand,but how many relationship can you tell of today is by choice and not infleunced by situation.
Re: Why Do Ladies Think That Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic? by ibrokay(m): 9:01am On Oct 14, 2008
It depend on the real definition of beign romantic.As an African man you dont expect me dey Mumu arround carrying flowers and kissing a lady in public all in the name of civilization.Oyinbos culture is quite different from ours let them take to their culture and we hold on to ours
Re: Why Do Ladies Think That Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic? by ifihearam: 4:55pm On Oct 14, 2008
This topic reminds me of an incedence that happened last year,i was with a friend of mine when his fone rang and it happened to be his chik,they talked for about 2mins and the girl asked him if he was with any of his friends around him and he said yes and the girl requested speaking to his friend which happened to be me,the first speech i heard was(please teach ur friend how to be romantic,he is not romantic at all!!!!)i couldot help but LOL,so the line went dead and was still laughing,i was not laughing at him but at the girl because i wonder why on earth she thinks i am better than my friend.

Back to the topic,i can say Nigerian guys are not really romantic,but what is being romantic oerse,saying sweet words to ur girl by calling her my angel,my chocolate brown sugar,if she asks you for a favor,you ask her to bribe you with a kiss and stuffs like that.others see being romantic as playing with her in you room or house with both of you being naked,runnng around the house,whenever you go out you always buy her something no matter how cheap or expensive it might be.Thank you ladies and gentlemen.
Re: Why Do Ladies Think That Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic? by laylow112(m): 5:09pm On Oct 14, 2008
Mehn, Ur been interesting so far and seriously speaking. whats all these argument about Nigerian men, what of the women? Most of them don't even know anything about romance, the only thing they consider romantic is getting fat gifts and all that, i believe it should be mutual instead of laying all the blame on men, , what do you all think undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Think That Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic? by A40(m): 9:34pm On Oct 14, 2008
laylow_112:

Mehn, Ur been interesting so far and seriously speaking. whats all these argument about Nigerian men, what of the women? Most of them don't even know anything about romance, the only thing they consider romantic is getting fat gifts and all that, i believe it should be mutual instead of laying all the blame on men, , what do you all think undecided
I agree with you Intoto my brother with most Nigerian girls love and romance is one way traffic they don't usually believe they have equal roles to play in the game of love and romance
Re: Why Do Ladies Think That Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic? by Nobody: 1:22am On Oct 15, 2008
Poster, most romantic in the world? Such exaggeration!
Re: Why Do Ladies Think That Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic? by plappville(f): 8:48am On Oct 15, 2008
niaja boys are not romantic! even the girls too! it was till i left naija i realized!
I also have thesame experience too, i dated 2 naija guys befor i left naija, none of them know how to romance, they are only interested in puting the "thing" that is all LOL, i like kissing and been touched tenderly but i never felt it with them until i found hubby the really match of my sex life. Naija guys should wake up, no be only """"" be sex oooo.
Re: Why Do Ladies Think That Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic? by ibrokay(m): 2:40pm On Oct 15, 2008
Common Plap when u were dating the Nigerians you would have defined what your own definition of romance is,trust Nigerian Guys they will give you,Just that absence or silence make the hearth fonder
Re: Why Do Ladies Think That Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic? by plappville(f): 1:02pm On Oct 27, 2008
ibrokay:

Common Plap when u were dating the Nigerians you would have defined what your own definition of romance is,trust Nigerian Guys they will give you,Just that absence or silence make the hearth fonder

why u no go side ur fellow men, truth dey always bitter.
Re: Why Do Ladies Think That Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic? by omo99(f): 1:19pm On Oct 27, 2008
It is so true that romance is a two way thing, not just the guy buying things for the girl. Although that is what most Nigerian girls want because of our society and what we see which all boils down to our culture, the guy is the head and so he must do everything. I mean based on this own stereotype that goes on in 9ja you wouldn't expect the girl to do anything like go out and buy gift for the guy you might only expect her to cool some delicious food or something like that. ( that's our 9ja mentality) anyway! I believe to be romantic has to come from the heart first a close relationship with your respective other and then you start to feel comfortable and you start acting yourself. There is no reason for a guy to try and kiss a girls hand tease her by asking for a kiss before he does her a favor or all that stuff is just a matter or the people involved in the relationship feeling comfortable with each other and just acting themselves which in the long run is romantic to the other person because if we like who you are not what you have its romance. as least that's what i think!
Re: Why Do Ladies Think That Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic? by Latunde(m): 1:29pm On Oct 27, 2008
A man can ONLY be romantic with the woman of his dream. If she is a seconds best, nothing for her!
Re: Why Do Ladies Think That Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 27, 2008
In the world!!!? Roflmao good one wink
Re: Why Do Ladies Think That Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic? by Angolobabe(f): 4:32pm On Oct 27, 2008
i will say they are not romantic at all ,its just not the same when u date a non nigerian man.
Re: Why Do Ladies Think That Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic? by ibrokay(m): 5:03pm On Oct 27, 2008
plappville:

why u no go side ur fellow men, truth dey always bitter.

Are u married or not? Then if not i hope you wont have to learn the hard way. Is not everything that you read in the novels or watch in movies that is applicable in real life
Re: Why Do Ladies Think That Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic? by Leilah(f): 9:29pm On Oct 27, 2008
I have to agree that they are not romantic.  cry

But other things will make up for it wink

My husband once said that no african man is a gentleman. At heart this is not possible.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Girls Pretend They Dont Like U / She Is Prettier Than Me! / How Do I Tell This Decent Girl To Run For Her Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.