Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr (88037 Views)

The Moon Has Been Sighted In Saudi Arabia And Some Other Countries / Eid Ul Fitri: Barka Da Sallah / The Moon Has Been Sighted Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by Skillz02(m): 6:53am On Jul 27, 2014
May Allah bless you and Your Dear Ones
With Peace, Prosperity
And Happiness On The Auspicious
Occasion Of Eid-ul-Fitar
May Allah bless you and Your Dear Ones
With Peace, Prosperity
And Happiness On The Auspicious
Occasion Of Eid-ul-Fitar
Eid Mubarak
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by maclatunji: 6:55am On Jul 27, 2014
ShehuAba: Eid Mubarak to my fellow Muslim brothers and sisters here. Though these controversies are tiring but am pretty sure the NSCIA will come out better and stronger.
But to me, oloyede didn't do the right thing, at least he should have told premium times to wait for him to confirm from the sultan. Now this is a big issue as most south west, I believe won't observe their Eid today.
But as a Muslim in Nigeria, you don't have to fast as it's contrary to the sunnah and sharia. As for those comparing us to some other countries example Saudi Arabia that doesn't hold water as Islam never taught us that.
wishing all a blissful celebration

The prof. was being disingenous. He did say the Sultan, President-General would announce and he has announced. The mathematics he was refrencing has become a joke. Under what sunnah shall we put that? Definately not that of Prophet Muhammad (SAW).

3 Likes

Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by gratiaeo(m): 7:06am On Jul 27, 2014
I wish all Muslim Bomb free Salah. Amen
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by lawali: 7:11am On Jul 27, 2014
ShehuAba: Eid Mubarak to my fellow Muslim brothers and sisters here. Though these controversies are tiring but am pretty sure the NSCIA will come out better and stronger.
But to me, oloyede didn't do the right thing, at least he should have told premium times to wait for him to confirm from the sultan. Now this is a big issue as most south west, I believe won't observe their Eid today.
But as a Muslim in Nigeria, you don't have to fast as it's contrary to the sunnah and sharia. As for those comparing us to some other countries example Saudi Arabia that doesn't hold water as Islam never taught us that.
wishing all a blissful celebration
Alhamdulilah for the end of ramadan. I anticipated the difference of Eid- fitr day at the end of the fast. The controversies btw physical sighting of the moon and using scientific calculation should never arise in the first place. As muslims, we are directed to physically sight moon to start and end the ramadan. Once anyone that testify to Shahadat claimed to have sighted it and announced by the muslim leader, we are to follow. If they are wrong, they will answer for the wrongdoing of other muslims but if they make mistake, I know Allah will forgive them of the wrong doing of others. For anyone to now base his start and end of Ramadan on scientific calculations and eventually that do not conform with physical sighting, he/she will account for his action individually.
I live in southwest and already listen to announcements that tomorrow will be Eid as against Sultan's announcement. I will not fast today and can go to eid tomorrow. Can anyone let me know any eid praying ground close to Agege/Ikeja that parayer will be said today? I wish to attend.
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by opey25(m): 7:29am On Jul 27, 2014
lawali: Alhamdulilah for the end of ramadan. I anticipated the difference of Eid- fitr day at the end of the fast. The controversies btw physical sighting of the moon and using scientific calculation should never arise in the first place. As muslims, we are directed to physically sight moon to start and end the ramadan. Once anyone that testify to Shahadat claimed to have sighted it and announced by the muslim leader, we are to follow. If they are wrong, they will answer for the wrongdoing of other muslims but if they make mistake, I know Allah will forgive them of the wrong doing of others. For anyone to now base his start and end of Ramadan on scientific calculations and eventually that do not conform with physical sighting, he/she will account for his action individually.
I live in southwest and already listen to announcements that tomorrow will be Eid as against Sultan's announcement. I will not fast today and can go to eid tomorrow. Can anyone let me know any eid praying ground close to Agege/Ikeja that parayer will be said today? I wish to attend.
u said we can't use scientific calculation for moonsighting just because our holy prophet SAW didn't use it.that means when next u are going for hajj/umrah make sure u ride camel cos there was no aeroplane during the prophet SAW's time.u should also make sure u don't attend any masjid that uses loudspeaker and microphone.why is it dat majority of countries in the world will celebrate eid tomorow.I haven't read any verse in the Holy quran that said muslims shouldn't do halal scientific research that would be of benefit to Islam and human race.we always play politics with everything in nigeria.May the Almighty Allah give the Nigerian muslim ummah sincere and just leaders.

1 Like

Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by alotofgrace(m): 7:41am On Jul 27, 2014
Assalaffiy: Taqabal mini waminkum-as we celebrate Eid,let us be wary of the likes of alotofgrace and Johnnoo.I have learnt to live with their provocation and would rather love those who hate me and bless even those who curse me!.Anyway alotofgrace and Johnnoo come and eat Sallah food with me,sure in Calabar! cheers

BROS TNX...AHBE VEGETARIAN....

HAPPY CELEBRATION TU U
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by SageNaruto(m): 7:43am On Jul 27, 2014
Kunlexic: I heard a programme on Radio Lagos this morning,they received call from Saudi Arabia and we learnt that they will observe their fitri tomorrow,equivalent to 28,Monday in Nigeria.
in saudi, 2day is d 29th day of d month of ramadan... So, if fitri is 2moro 4 dem, den its 2day 4 us!!!!
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by maclatunji: 7:44am On Jul 27, 2014
opey25: u said we can't use scientific calculation for moonsighting just because our holy prophet SAW didn't use it.that means when next u are going for hajj/umrah make sure u ride camel cos there was no aeroplane during the prophet SAW's time.u should also make sure u don't attend any masjid that uses loudspeaker and microphone.why is it dat majority of countries in the world will celebrate eid tomorow.I haven't read any verse in the Holy quran that said muslims shouldn't do halal scientific research that would be of benefit to Islam and human race.we always play politics with everything in nigeria.May the Almighty Allah give the Nigerian muslim ummah sincere and just leaders.

You are mixing up issues here. Your research cannot superceed the Sunnah on this. It is a local matter and if you are in Nigeria, you follow Nigerian sighting.

2 Likes

Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by lawali: 7:45am On Jul 27, 2014
opey25: u said we can't use scientific calculation for moonsighting just because our holy prophet SAW didn't use it.that means when next u are going for hajj/umrah make sure u ride camel cos there was no aeroplane during the prophet SAW's time.u should also make sure u don't attend any masjid that uses loudspeaker and microphone.why is it dat majority of countries in the world will celebrate eid tomorow.I haven't read any verse in the Holy quran that said muslims shouldn't do halal scientific research that would be of benefit to Islam and human race.we always play politics with everything in nigeria.May the Almighty Allah give the Nigerian muslim ummah sincere and just leaders.
You should re-read what I wrote. I do not object to using science but for beginning and ending of Ramadan, physical sighting of the moon takes priority. Visual aids people used to search is also from science and is accepted but scientific calculation can only support the sighting.
It is just like weather forecast that someone will say considering all these dat rain will fall but Allah can still do otherwise to prove science wrong and to show His ultimate control of his creation. When people come with calculation and say new moon can not be born in a specific day(within the end and start of new month), ask them if they are Allah who created the moon. On the last note, if our leaders committed an error on this, they are to answer for it. I believe our unity is more important than the division. pls I am still looking for where Eid prayer will be said close to Agege/Ikeja. I prayed Allah guide all of us aright.

4 Likes

Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by SageNaruto(m): 7:51am On Jul 27, 2014
If 1 man can testify to d sighting of d moon and 1 mosque holds d eid prayer, dat is enuf 4 me... It is beta to miss d last day of d month of ramadan dan to fast on d 1st day of d month of shawwal...

2 Likes

Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by whyman(m): 7:52am On Jul 27, 2014
Salam Alaekun.

Dear brothers and sisters in Islam

The moon had not been sighted anywhere. What was sighted was the hilal of the dying moon of Ramadan. The earliest moon would be sighted would be late this morning in Nigerian time.

Pls you can visit www.moonsighting.com for more information.

Ma Salam
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by maclatunji: 8:00am On Jul 27, 2014
whyman: Salam Alaekun.

The moon had not been sighted anywhere. What was sighted was the hilal of the dying moon of Ramadan. The earliest moon would be sighted would be late this morning in Nigerian time.

Ma Salam

Nope, if the moon has been physically sighted we start, if it has been physically sighted, we stop. Which astronomical calculations did the Prophet (SAW) use?

4 Likes

Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by opey25(m): 8:01am On Jul 27, 2014
maclatunji:

You are mixing up issues here. Your research cannot superceed the Sunnah on this. It is a local matter and if you are in Nigeria, you follow Nigerian sighting.

if today is 1st shawwal 1435 in Nigeria ,we might likely celebrate Eid El Adha on Arafat Day.
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by Kunlexic(m): 8:08am On Jul 27, 2014
Motolank: ALL NA WASH undecided

Them go finish go they kill people cool
ignorant,go get life...if not today's eid-il,I will have insult u and ur buffons family
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by Kunlexic(m): 8:12am On Jul 27, 2014
ehvez: we are in a different time zone
thanks...i can now understand
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by lawali: 8:14am On Jul 27, 2014
whyman: Salam Alaekun.

Ma Salam
Did you observe the Disclaimer at the bottom of the page: Moonsighting.com shows moonsighting possibility and actual sightings across the globe. It does not make, implement or dictate decisions on the start of Islamic months.

2 Likes

Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by HARDUBUY(m): 8:14am On Jul 27, 2014
Everything in Nigeria is not straight forward...The central mosques in my area is not observing the Eid today...saying the moon hasn't been sighted both here and in Saudi...And i didnt eat sahur, thinking today is eid-fitri...now, i have to keep on fasting...because its not possible to stop fasting today and perform Eid-salat 2moro.
Has the moon been sighted In UK?
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by whyman(m): 8:19am On Jul 27, 2014
http://moonsighting.com/1435shw.html

Yes. They are not saying whether you should start or break your fast on a particular day. They just give us actual instance of moon phases. Check this for moon sighting across the world.
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by Kunlexic(m): 8:20am On Jul 27, 2014
ehvez:
May God forgive you don't forget christians where also caught as accomplices and last year BH attacked muslim that were celebrating eid il fitr so please don't be blinded by hate
dnt mind the nicompoop,he just want to comment coz he has no sensible tin to say
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by HARDUBUY(m): 8:25am On Jul 27, 2014
lawali: Alhamdulilah for the end of ramadan. I anticipated the difference of Eid- fitr day at the end of the fast. The controversies btw physical sighting of the moon and using scientific calculation should never arise in the first place. As muslims, we are directed to physically sight moon to start and end the ramadan. Once anyone that testify to Shahadat claimed to have sighted it and announced by the muslim leader, we are to follow. If they are wrong, they will answer for the wrongdoing of other muslims but if they make mistake, I know Allah will forgive them of the wrong doing of others. For anyone to now base his start and end of Ramadan on scientific calculations and eventually that do not conform with physical sighting, he/she will account for his action individually.
This is exactly what am saying, we the yorubas are something else.
Am Also searching for a prayer ground around Ikeja.
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by Mustay(m): 8:25am On Jul 27, 2014
HARDUBUY: Everything in Nigeria is not straight forward...The central mosques in my area is not observing the Eid today...saying the moon hasn't been sighted both here and in Saudi...And i didnt eat sahur, thinking today is eid-fitri...now, i have to keep on fasting...because its not possible to stop fasting today and perform Eid-salat 2moro.
Has the moon been sighted In UK?

Do you live in UK?
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by Kunlexic(m): 8:47am On Jul 27, 2014
I urrge we shd pray eid-il today since it was announce the moon has been sighted here,dnt let us follow Saudi-Arabia time.

And it is not accepted according to sunnah to fast on the day of eid I'll fitr

May Allah accept it from us as an act of ibadaah.
Subhana rabbika robil sathia .........allamdullillah robil allamin
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by Theloveth(m): 8:58am On Jul 27, 2014
maclatunji:

Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings
of Allaah be upon him) said: “When you see the new moon then fast,
and when you see the new moon then break the fast, and if it is
too cloudy then complete the number of days as thirty.”

This is the basis of starting and ending the fast. Read a detailed Fatwa here:
http://islamqa.info/en/106487

It is sinful to fast on the 1st day of Shawwal which is today: Tell them we say so because: The month of Shawwal begins with the Ramadan Eid, yet it is
forbidden to fast on the first day of Ramadan Eid, Muslims do not
fast on the first day of Eid in accordance with the following
hadith: “The Prophet forbade the fasting of 'Id-ul-Fitr and 'Id-ul-Adha (two
feast days)” (Sahih Bukhari)

http://m.askaquestionto.us/question-answer/blessed-days/when-should-we-start-fasting-six-days-of-the-month-of-shawwal

The prophet (SAW) rarely sighted new moons to start or end Ramadan but always approved them based on this:

Abu Hurayrah (radhi allahu anhu) narrated, �A bedouin came to the
Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) and reported, 'O
Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam), I have seen the new
moon of Ramadaan.' Thereupon, the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi
wasallam) asked him, 'Do you bear witness that 'Laa ilaha
illAllah.' (i.e., there is no god worthy of worship except Allah)?', 'I do,'
said the bedouin. The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) further
asked him whether he testifies that Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi
wasallam) is the Messenger of Allah. The bedouin affirmed that again.
Thereupon, the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) asked Bilal (radhi
allahu anhu) to announce the beginning of Ramadaan.� [Sunan Abu
Dawood no. 2333 and 2334]

If the Prophet accepted another man's moonsighting, who then i
s any Sheikh to dispute the Sultan's announcement?

how sure are you that it is not cloudy? Therefore making it 30days of fasting.And is Sultan among the moon sighting committee? The only basis of your argument is if you come up on the being the leader ground.Why didnt he carry the other member of his committee along,remember Oloyede is the 3rd in command.
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by Johnnoo(m): 9:05am On Jul 27, 2014
Assalaffiy: Taqabal mini waminkum-as we celebrate Eid,let us be wary of the likes of alotofgrace and Johnnoo.I have learnt to live with their provocation and would rather love those who hate me and bless even those who curse me!.Anyway alotofgrace and Johnnoo come and eat Sallah food with me,sure in Calabar! cheers

Happy celebration brother
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by abbeywasc(m): 9:10am On Jul 27, 2014
nigeria and their politics. y shud we start or end ramadan alone just to prove dt we are not following saudi? y was dia no report from any of the imams in south-south, south-east and south-west dt d moon has been sighted? y are dey keeping silent( to allow d sultan bear d burden alone if he's wrong?) where is nigeria on d globe dt makes her d first to see d crescent all d time? y hasnt Niger, ghana, cameroon or chad declare today as eid? the sky is clearer in algeria, tunisia and egypt( afterall dey are in d desert and roughly d same timezone) y was dia no report from dem? are we really dt unique? and for those willing to follow d sunnah( of following d local leaders) then, d sultan does not qualify as such unless u live in sokoto. based on dictates, u av to wait until d imam in ur town declares d moon sighted. if a lagosian cant use d reports from benin republic, he definitely shudnt use dt of sokoto.( it amounts to using technology to find d moon cos u avnt sighted it locally but learnt thru electronic media dt it was sighted hence u biliv urs must av crescent too). if u check d statement released it says it was sighted across d country but only emirs from d north were quoted. is d north alone "across d country"wink. ask ursef, are we dt strategically positioned to see d moon b4 d rest of d world?
wAllahu all'am

3 Likes

Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by AlBaqir(m): 9:11am On Jul 27, 2014
maclatunji:

Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings
of Allaah be upon him) said: “When you see the new moon then fast,
and when you see the new moon then break the fast, and if it is
too cloudy then complete the number of days as thirty.”

This is the basis of starting and ending the fast. Read a detailed Fatwa here:
http://islamqa.info/en/106487

Very straight-forward sayings. Many Ulama with this single hadith Forbid the use of telescope or other tools to sight moon.

As per locality, it is impossible for all Nigerian cities to follow just one local area for moon sighting because of the far distances apart. If we cannot fast and shorten our prayers during traveling with specific distances, why following a particular location for moon sighting for ALL Nigerian cities?

This (hadith) alone make many other Ulama rules that until you sight the moon in your locality, fasting cannot begin or Eid commences.

maclatunji:
The prophet (SAW) rarely sighted new moons to start or end Ramadan but always approved them based on this:

Abu Hurayrah (radhi allahu anhu) narrated, �A bedouin came to the
Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) and reported, 'O
Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam), I have seen the new
moon of Ramadaan.' Thereupon, the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi
wasallam) asked him, 'Do you bear witness that 'Laa ilaha
illAllah.' (i.e., there is no god worthy of worship except Allah)?', 'I do,'
said the bedouin. The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) further
asked him whether he testifies that Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi
wasallam) is the Messenger of Allah. The bedouin affirmed that again.
Thereupon, the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) asked Bilal (radhi
allahu anhu) to announce the beginning of Ramadaan.� [Sunan Abu
Dawood no. 2333 and 2334]

If the holy Quran could caution the believers:

"O ye who believe! If a Fasiq comes to you with any news, ascertain the truth, lest ye harm people unwittingly..."

Alas! These Fasiqs were also among those sahaba (companions) of the prophet who also declare Shahada!

How will the holy prophet (saws) not investigate the news brought by an unknown bedoiun Arab in which Quran declared many of them as Munafiq (hypocrites)?

It is only stand to reasoning that the unknown bedoiun Arab is "known" to the prophet (saws) perhaps as Quran says when one of his wives asked him "who informed you?" And he (saws) said "The all aware informed me".

It doesn't stand to reason to just assume "unknown bedioun Arab" can just come with a news on the preemptive of Shahadatain.

Aisha, Umar, Imam Ali (as) never accepted Abu Hurairah's narration (the narrator of the above hadith). Umar beat him severely once for ascribing sayings to the prophet (saws) and forbid him never to relate again, in his time.

Imam Ali called him the greatest liar while Aisha used to rebuke and counter him.

NB: I will be glad you request evidences.

maclatunji:
If the Prophet accepted another man's moonsighting, who then is any Sheikh to dispute the Sultan's announcement?

Mac. You never stop amazing me. Prof Oloyede isn't a sheik and if he's a sheik, he will be more qualify to be followed than a traditional, political monarch. Islam recognize an Ulama not a king.

Besides, Oloyede is the Secretary of the Islamic supreme whatever they call themselves, of which Sultan is the President.

Why the dividing house? They both started the anouncement of commencement of Ramadan together. Why parting ways at the end?

Oloyede with his teams "trusted and approved" by the Sultan claimed there's no Eid today. Sultan is yet to inform us of those "unknown" that informed him.

1 Like

Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by Theloveth(m): 9:19am On Jul 27, 2014
abbeywasc: nigeria and their politics. y shud we start or end ramadan alone just to prove dt we are not following saudi? y was dia no report from any of the imams in south-south, south-east and south-west dt d moon has been sighted? y are dey keeping silent( to allow d sultan bear d burden alone if he's wrong?) where is nigeria on d globe dt makes her d first to see d crescent all d time? y hasnt Niger, ghana, cameroon or chad declare today as eid? the sky is clearer in algeria, tunisia and egypt( afterall dey are in d desert and roughly d same timezone) y was dia no report from dem? are we really dt unique? and for those willing to follow d sunnah( of following d local leaders) then, d sultan does not qualify as such unless u live in sokoto. based on dictates, u av to wait until d imam in ur town declares d moon sighted. if a lagosian cant use d reports from benin republic, he definitely shudnt use dt of sokoto.( it amounts to using technology to find d moon cos u avnt sighted it locally but learnt thru electronic media dt it was sighted hence u biliv urs must av crescent too). if u check d statement released it says it was sighted across d country but only emirs from d north were quoted. is d north alone "across d country"wink. ask ursef, are we dt strategically positioned to see d moon b4 d rest of d world?
wAllahu all'am
God bless you my brother God bless you.What a brilliant post.My main problem with the announcement self is why the sultan refused to carry other regions along.I dont even care if hes right or wrong as far as its a general decision.

1 Like

Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 27, 2014
yhemmie:
yeah,i am. Y did u ask?

Alhamdulilah! I used to think u're a xtian.
I was just suprised when I saw your comment on this thread and that's y I challenge u.
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by Azo(m): 9:59am On Jul 27, 2014
alotofgrace: are these nigerians?

I will wait till xmas to know how to reply you when u greet people merry xmas..
Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by Azo(m): 10:06am On Jul 27, 2014
abbeywasc: nigeria and their politics. y shud we start or end ramadan alone just to prove dt we are not following saudi? y was dia no report from any of the imams in south-south, south-east and south-west dt d moon has been sighted? y are dey keeping silent( to allow d sultan bear d burden alone if he's wrong?) where is nigeria on d globe dt makes her d first to see d crescent all d time? y hasnt Niger, ghana, cameroon or chad declare today as eid? the sky is clearer in algeria, tunisia and egypt( afterall dey are in d desert and roughly d same timezone) y was dia no report from dem? are we really dt unique? and for those willing to follow d sunnah( of following d local leaders) then, d sultan does not qualify as such unless u live in sokoto. based on dictates, u av to wait until d imam in ur town declares d moon sighted. if a lagosian cant use d reports from benin republic, he definitely shudnt use dt of sokoto.( it amounts to using technology to find d moon cos u avnt sighted it locally but learnt thru electronic media dt it was sighted hence u biliv urs must av crescent too). if u check d statement released it says it was sighted across d country but only emirs from d north were quoted. is d north alone "across d country"wink. ask ursef, are we dt strategically positioned to see d moon b4 d rest of d world?
wAllahu all'am

Barakallahu feek akhi...

1 Like

Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by mahleeq(m): 10:11am On Jul 27, 2014
we started fasting on Saturday the 28th of June 2014, which to me was the right day, because by Sunday the 29th of June in the evening I took the picture of this Crescent in Lagos state. now this is the point Iam trying to make, so for those that started their fast on Sunday, how possible is it to sight a day old Crescent in a place like lagos with such a cloud cover?

This is my take on this If: Saudi has decided to continue fasting today just to ensure their days of fasting clocks the minimum 29days then it is left for Allah to decide, Allah is all knowing

Re: The Moon Has Been Sighted, Sunday, July 27, 2014 is Eid-Ul-Fitr by Azo(m): 10:12am On Jul 27, 2014
I am sure people from other religions will see this disputes on when Eid should be as a problem among muslims when indeed it is a beauty that we take the legacy the prophet has left for us as a concern that everyone must individually monitor. At this juncture I say salam alaykum and Eid mubaraak to every muslim out there irrespective of when we celebrate our Eid.

تقبل الله من و منكم

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Female Virginity In Islam / Jinn Stories / Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.