Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,609 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

What Happened To The Nigerian Army . - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Happened To The Nigerian Army . (18790 Views)

Nigerian Army Demotes Enitan Ransome-Kuti, Late Fela’s Nephew / We Have Clues On Boko Haram Sponsors - Nigerian Army / Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened To The Nigerian Army . by mrlaw93(m): 11:38am On Jul 27, 2014
poiZon:

why wouldnt he? no be una get nigeria again? na to accord una the abokis full twale....... the cE0 Of naija.
Silly post by a silly person

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Nigerian Army . by ceeceeco: 11:47am On Jul 27, 2014
Nigerians should keep deceiving themselves & being more foolish why other countries are growing & learning 4rm our stupidity. Does it mean we lack common sense or wat? Or we just hate ourselves. I believe we have more evil people living in Nigeria. Wat a country...§mh!

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Nigerian Army . by ceeceeco: 11:50am On Jul 27, 2014
In one word, i can sum up all i've learnt about Nigerians...GREED.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To The Nigerian Army . by poiZon: 11:51am On Jul 27, 2014
mrlaw93: Silly post by a silly person

its takes only a f00l to spot a silly post, u r made!
Re: What Happened To The Nigerian Army . by prettyboi1(m): 12:17pm On Jul 27, 2014
EasternLeopard:

Pls never support stupidity just because you want to score cheap point on political issues.

During shagari's regime, sharia was opposed especially it becoming a state law.

During OBJ's regime, in order to frustrate OBJ, some Northern governors declared their states sharia states which led to protest by native Northern Xtians.

OBJ in order to avoid coup then, succumb to their pressure. These governors went ahead to sponsor Islamic groups that believes in sharia rule of which today's BH was a beneficiary of Borno's state support.

because the sharia was not total, they felt that if sharia is practiced the way it is practiced in Islamic Nations, poverty will dissappear.

That was the beginning of the struggle for total sharia of which some choose arm struggle as a means of achieving it while some choose non-violet approach.

IF OBJ HAD STOPPED THE NORTHERN GOVS FROM DECLARING THEIR STATES AS SHARIA STATES, THEY WONT BE ANY ORGANISE SHARIA TERROR GROUP LIKE BH

Quit blind argument simply download the Nigerian constitution to your phone if you use a smartphone. I'm out.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Nigerian Army . by EasternLeopard: 12:26pm On Jul 27, 2014
prettyboi1:

Quit blind argument simply download the Nigerian constitution to your phone if you use a smartphone. I'm out.

Where in the constitution was it written that a state can declare herself a sharia state especially states that have natives that are Christians
You are a political baby who don't even know the history of BH let alone what makes the military thick then and thin now.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Nigerian Army . by nagoma(m): 12:39pm On Jul 27, 2014
quid:
Many lower rank nigerian soldiers are muslims and boko haram sympathizers.
They are the ones selling out their colleagues and leaking operational information to boko
GEJ till 2019

So many theories to justify cluelessness and incompetence.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Nigerian Army . by darqly(m): 12:39pm On Jul 27, 2014
abokine:
but don't worry we Muslims see BH as infidels so we killed them at sight just the way we eliminate anyone who's our enemy. I'm sure u know what I mean?
What do you mean by eliminating anyone who's your enemy? I'm aware you also refer to ALL non muslims as infidels, so do you endorse the killing of Christians also?
I've derailed obviously, but I had to respond to your line of reasoning.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Nigerian Army . by Miriam4cool(f): 12:40pm On Jul 27, 2014
Your answer is simple: CORRUPTION
Re: What Happened To The Nigerian Army . by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 27, 2014
quid:

They are the ones selling out their colleagues and leaking operational information to boko

GEJ till 2019

Pathetic excuses by a globally acclaimed clueless failure.

GEJ till God decides to boot him out. One day, he must leave.

Nice man, hopeless president.
Re: What Happened To The Nigerian Army . by LastProphet: 12:43pm On Jul 27, 2014
GenBuhari: Abacha was not corrupt that is why he was able to intervene in Sierra Leone, Liberia etc.

Corruption is really killing us.

Only a big and blind foool will say what you just said. Itscas hopeless as saying IBB was more righteous than God. So many foools on this site lately

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Nigerian Army . by LastProphet: 12:50pm On Jul 27, 2014
quid:

GEJ till 2019

SIMPLE TRUTH, U HAVE ANSWERED THE QUESTION COMPLETELY CORRECTLY. THE MUSLIMS IN THE ARMY ARE THE PROBLEM, A NEIGHBOUR IN THE AIRFORCE TOLD ME THAT ONE PILOT THAT WAS SENT TO BOMB BOKOHARAM GOT THERE AND TURNED BACK, WHEN HE WAS ASKED WHY HE REFUSED TO CARRY OUT ORDERS HE SAID THEY WERE PRAYING. HE IS CURRENTLY UNDER TRIAL BUT THEY SAID NORMALLY HE MIGHT GET AWAY WITH IT BECAUSE TOP-RANKING MUSLIMS WILL NORMALLY COME TO HIS AID. AND TO SHOW HOW DUMB OUR LEADERS ARE, THEY ARE NOT REVEALING ANY OF THIS TO THE PUBLIC THINKING THAT WILL HELP THE SITUATION

3 Likes

Re: What Happened To The Nigerian Army . by lezz(m): 2:00pm On Jul 27, 2014
No one is mentioning intelligence gathering,logistics and sufffisticated information gathering. These are the most inportant in combating insurgence and terrorists. And the truth is the nigerian army and police are bereft of these aforementioned qqualities. It mirrors the state of most government agencies in the country. From court magistrates and judges still taking hand notes at trials to a police force with little intelligence above touts and agberos.....

Liberia, somalia and sierra leon were good old conventional wars which required little inteLligence. Boko is akind of warfare that puts the intelligence and suffistication of an army institution to the test. And the ,Nigerian army have failed...big time.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Nigerian Army . by BigBen10: 2:03pm On Jul 27, 2014
ichidodo: [b] Life happened to them...The Nigerian Army of the military era was far much fiercer,brutal and decisive.Back then there was not much tribalism and so we had brilliant military chiefs David Mark,Tunde Ogbeha and the best of the best General Victor Maalu who could plan complex military offensives with sophistication and intellgience far ahead of their time,those were the heady days of our glory especially in Ecomog.I still remember with pride reading live reports on CNN about Nigerian soldiers charging down and uprooting Foday Sankoh's tough rebel group in Freetown Sierra Leone with fire support cover from the Nigerian Navy Warships far out to sea (a first ever operation of its kind in Africa never mind West Africa) Those were the days we cemented our reputation as the best military group in Africa....But corruption,tribalism and,ironically to a smaller extent, democracy has made them soft,impotent and clueless.These days the sight of military chiefs with potbellies are very common....I can't remember Abacha,Abubakar or even the laziest,Nyako sporting such.....aberrations in Nigerian Military traditions. [/b]

your first comment I have evere liked. keep it up and the likes will flow.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Nigerian Army . by aresa: 2:31pm On Jul 27, 2014

Incompetence starts from the top.

The commander in chief sets the tone because the military takes orders from him and even from the defense minister, but the commander in chief and the people he appoints are weak, corrupt, rotten and incompetent which drains down to the worthless, unfit beg belly and bloated cash and carry service chiefs...

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To The Nigerian Army . by sadiq313(m): 2:32pm On Jul 27, 2014
May Allah save dis country from its evil and grrant us peace,,frm my own pointt of reasoning I feel bokoharam is ntt jst a terroristt group,,its mor politically motivated dan what we all think
Re: What Happened To The Nigerian Army . by Pain(m): 2:33pm On Jul 27, 2014
With the kind of blind and lame comments I see on most threads like this, I can comfortably say the worst is yet to unfold. Let's brace up for the possibility of more precise attacks from boko goons on virgin towns like Lagos or even Ibadan

Remember they often strike when we think we are safest.
Re: What Happened To The Nigerian Army . by ibkgab001: 4:37pm On Jul 27, 2014
BokoHaram = PDP= Jonathan

Bokoharam =CPC =Buhari

BokoHaram =ACN = ATiku

Bokoharam = NPF = NPF

All police officer that killed there boss during Obasanjo 's regime will not know peace ... Blood of iNnocent Souls they have killed will ask for judgment amen
Re: What Happened To The Nigerian Army . by omololu2020(m): 5:13pm On Jul 27, 2014
quid:
But when it comes to attacking Odi, Zak Ibiam and other non-northern places they suddenly become motivated even with LOW salary
zaki ibiam z in benue state,benue state z located in northern nigeria

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Nigerian Army . by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 27, 2014
omololu2020: zaki ibiam z in benue state,benue state z located in northern nigeria
Benue is middle belt

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Nigerian Army . by Rossikki: 5:19pm On Jul 27, 2014
kastonkastrol: Nigeria army is now a capital disgrace. The only thing they know how to do is to harass innocent civilians. I vividly remember what they foolish soldiers did to us on wednesday of last week when a grenade was detonated in the city of kaduna.. We came into the city in the night to execute a project not knowing a coffee was in the state.

These foolish soldiers stopped us, one was even trying to shoot us. The only let us be when we showed em' our ID cards.

Nigeria army is a disgrace, they are also very corrupt just like the police
You're a capital fool and an idio.t. What did you expect the soldiers to do after a bomb went off, which you stup.dly called a grenade? Why should they not stop you? And search you? And ask for some ID? And point their guns at you if you looked or acted suspicious? Going by your stinking attitude, you probably did. The soldiers were doing EXACTLY what they were supposed to do in such an emergency. As soon as you produced your ID they let you go, so pis.s off, idio.t!

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To The Nigerian Army . by SamIkenna: 5:21pm On Jul 27, 2014
What happened is called "a house divided.." Nigeria is fighting Nigeria and Nigeria is sabotaging its fight against Nigeria. Nigeria's day of reckoning has come, perhaps, much earlier.
Re: What Happened To The Nigerian Army . by Rossikki: 5:26pm On Jul 27, 2014
LastProphet:

SIMPLE TRUTH, U HAVE ANSWERED THE QUESTION COMPLETELY CORRECTLY. THE MUSLIMS IN THE ARMY ARE THE PROBLEM, A NEIGHBOUR IN THE AIRFORCE TOLD ME THAT ONE PILOT THAT WAS SENT TO BOMB BOKOHARAM GOT THERE AND TURNED BACK, WHEN HE WAS ASKED WHY HE REFUSED TO CARRY OUT ORDERS HE SAID THEY WERE PRAYING. HE IS CURRENTLY UNDER TRIAL BUT THEY SAID NORMALLY HE MIGHT GET AWAY WITH IT BECAUSE TOP-RANKING MUSLIMS WILL NORMALLY COME TO HIS AID. AND TO SHOW HOW DUMB OUR LEADERS ARE, THEY ARE NOT REVEALING ANY OF THIS TO THE PUBLIC THINKING THAT WILL HELP THE SITUATION
So, how will revealing "any of this" to the public help the situation, Mr Smart?
Re: What Happened To The Nigerian Army . by Rossikki: 5:34pm On Jul 27, 2014
babxe: i think there is a big difference between internal conflict and an external one. the challenges these courageous army are facing is an internal struggle.these boko boys are mostly nigerians~they speak our language(hausa), they live among us, they know our enviroments perfectly~ they know us perfectly because they are nigerians.so it is very difficult for them to fully contain these insurgency.
even in the US with the highest military budget, they were recently hit with the boston tragedy which i believe it's possible because the perpetrators are american resident(s)~at least one of them.even in europe,the terror cases that occur are mainly internal e.g norway shooting.even the various shootings in american schools.
the united state military are known for greatness because of there successes against external enermies.and w've seen our army succeed in various outings to other counties.
Excellent point. Fact is the military simply cannot go up north and level the place with bombs, something they have the wherewithal to do. They could try such things in Sierra Leone etc, where they were answerable to nobody, but in Nigeria where they are, they can't go full throttle militarily due to the ethnic and political rivalries that will ensure that such drastic moves are capitalised on by enemies of the govt to cry "victimisation", "genocide", "massacres" "ethnic cleansing" etc, with attendant tragic consequences for the polity!

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Nigerian Army . by mbulela: 6:05pm On Jul 27, 2014
quid:

GEJ till 2019
I know it sounds trendy but this line of argument is faulty.
Many Muslims.are as scared of BH as non-Muslims.
The military has been neglected for so long and professionalism has gone to the dogs. Most of the generals there now are nothing but token generals.
Re: What Happened To The Nigerian Army . by atlwireles: 6:19pm On Jul 27, 2014
ichidodo: You cannot compare Boko haram to the Revolutionary United Front aka 'Ruff riders' Led by Foday Sankoh,a seasoned war-vet.Most of the rebel group consisted of regular sierra leonian sandhurst-trained soldiers who had control of the diamond trade deep inside the hinterland close to the borders with Liberia.These guys were well funded and brutal such that amputating or decapitating their captives military or civilian was common place,even Hollywood made a block busting movie starring Leonado di caprio about these goons "blood diamonds"....We are looking at a sleeping giant situation here whereby bokoharam are reluctanct on a frontal assault and occupation of Maiduguri never mind Abuja that is a battle we can win and not these assymetrical warfare whose intricacies we are still grappling with..

The Nigeria army today is better trained and better equipped than they were in the 1990s. During the wars in Liberia and Sierra lone, we did not care how many civilians were killed. That was the simple truth. The army destroyed towns,villages in Liberia and Sierra lone without worries, killing thousands of civilians. The troops today, are not allowed to fight the same act of battle in the NE. Boko haram will not last one day against the Liberian and Sierra Ieonian thugs. But the army vanquished them.
Re: What Happened To The Nigerian Army . by DaBullIT(m): 9:11pm On Jul 27, 2014
One thing with extended branches happened

Army regard themselves as demigods , they want power to abuse your rights and they want to chop from national cake , people troop in to join these days because they want salary and entitlements security not because of the love for the father land

That's why some of them are informants for the terrorists

That's why some of them say third religion comes first that they can not kill their brothers in the same religion ,

Only in Nigeria will terrorists stroll in to a whole army barracks , assault and kill soldiers , and drive armored tanks away, few weeks later the armored tanks are featured in a terrorist video . Brt driver allegedly killed soja man untop okada , their reprisal attack lasted for 6 hours at least ( In Lagos )

There's more but there's no time . but here I mentioned just one thing , no moral or zeal for the father land / love for the country they are there for the salary. Other things are just bonus points / branches
Re: What Happened To The Nigerian Army . by igbo2011(m): 4:23am On Jul 28, 2014
Where was the Nigerian army during the Conflicti n the COngo or Ivory Coast?

Even Mali or Central African Republic?
Re: What Happened To The Nigerian Army . by LastProphet: 10:16am On Jul 28, 2014
Rossikki: So, how will revealing "any of this" to the public help the situation, Mr Smart?

I have interacted with u before so there is no need wasting saliva. You are the 'smart' black man that feels blacks are the most intelligent race and am sure u must cite gej as an example of rare visionary leadership, hahahahaha. Infact
Re: What Happened To The Nigerian Army . by mkoabiola: 11:44am On Jul 28, 2014
So many enlighten folks.
Re: What Happened To The Nigerian Army . by 7lives: 12:29pm On Jul 28, 2014
GenBuhari: Since the second coming of Thief Obasanjo, there has been a concerted and deliberate effort to weaken our armed forces, in order to prevent a military coup de tat, whilst they loot freely. Dont you realise that is why they are always retiring dozens of military Generals every few months.

Obasanjo made a very big mistake by taking this terrible decision, Obj and the current crew of politheiveans have not heard about 28years old coup plotters them go soon hear am.
Re: What Happened To The Nigerian Army . by Torduetee(m): 1:23pm On Jul 28, 2014
[color=#006600][/color] dats bcus bh are nigerians,we are unique even wen doin evil tins,so nigerians fighten each oda,na ground go talk

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NDDC Paid ‘scholarship Grants’ To MD, Directors – Senate Report / Dayo Apata: Proposed ₦2 Billion For Prosecution Of Boko Haram Suspects Is Small / Treason: Arrest Obi And Datti Next Time They "Blab Anyhow" - Reno Omokri To FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.