Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1349092 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by MonsieurCoder: 12:21pm On Aug 15, 2016
DanjaNinja:

Thanks for this beautiful piece of information. God bless you for this.

Please I sent you a blank email about a week ago but no reply.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by temi4fash(m): 12:40pm On Aug 15, 2016
ponpon:

Create a new user sir

How do i do that boss??
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ipledge01: 12:46pm On Aug 15, 2016
iCool:

I dropped the link on page 98.

I've searched through the files in that link but couldn't find Manhattan 8booklets
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Toakins: 12:46pm On Aug 15, 2016
adetola007:

Open a PayPal account and link it to your bank account. When you reach the payment page on ets website, choose PayPal and fill in the required information. Cheers

Thanks a bunch.. I will give it a try.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by temi4fash(m): 12:51pm On Aug 15, 2016
kaima2015:

My two cents.....to make high scores on the GRE (to ace it)....start with the Magoosh videos, watch all 280 plus videos to ""learn"" the tricks in the GRE...then move to the Nova Math Bible (if you dont have this you can use Manhattan) or Princeton and then use the Barron for the Verbal Section.....for the Analytical Section I also recommend an ebook authored by Mark Alan Stewart ""Answers to the Real Essay Questions of the GRE"".....the whole essays...it is a current book...and GRE will select an essay question from Essay Pool on their website......you can save time with this on test day....if you read the book from cover to cover

Good Luck

How can i get these book?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by temi4fash(m): 12:51pm On Aug 15, 2016
kaima2015:
wonderful book by Professor Julie Posselt "Inside Graduate Admissions".....a most read for international students

this book came out this year....you can download her PhD Thesis Work (2013) which is free online.....what she wrote in the New Book came from that study

Wouldn't mind the link boss
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by temi4fash(m): 12:58pm On Aug 15, 2016
kaima2015:
drop email will send you the pdf copy

samuel4message@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kaima2015: 1:25pm On Aug 15, 2016
temi4fash:

samuel4message@gmail.com

SENT
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kaima2015: 1:26pm On Aug 15, 2016
temi4fash:

How can i get these book?

drop email pls
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Gratefulaheart: 2:33pm On Aug 15, 2016
kaima2015:

drop email pls

Plsssss me too

Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by fysapop(f): 3:35pm On Aug 15, 2016
temi4fash:

samuel4message@gmail.com

Pls send to me as well... fysapop@yahoo.com
Thanks.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 15, 2016
Please kaima2015, I need a copy too. my email grealyterry@yahoo.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 15, 2016
kaima2015:

drop email pls

Please send to me too.

lawaldare@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kaima2015: 6:21pm On Aug 15, 2016
helenmi:

Please send to me too.

lawaldare@gmail.com
sent
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kaima2015: 6:22pm On Aug 15, 2016
safex101:

Please kaima2015, I need a copy too. my email grealyterry@yahoo.com
sent
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kaima2015: 6:23pm On Aug 15, 2016
fysapop:

Pls send to me as well... fysapop@yahoo.com Thanks.
sent
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kaima2015: 6:24pm On Aug 15, 2016
Gratefulaheart:

Plsssss me too

Thanks
sent
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by drhopeful: 7:22pm On Aug 15, 2016
kaima2015:

you have got great scores....sincerely

I tried to advise you on the school that will consider....but i guess I got banned for a while...you can pm for the info...kudos

Thanks Kaima2015. Problem is that my research area is offered in only a few universities. I am targeting those few universities and they all require above average GRE scores.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kaima2015: 7:37pm On Aug 15, 2016
drhopeful:

Thanks Kaima2015. Problem is that my research area is offered in only a few universities. I am targeting those few universities and they all require above average GRE scores.
what is your area of research? you might get through...you should get a faculty member as a research advisor and who would likely sit on the graduate review committee because when shove comes to shove he or she can push your case through...good luck
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 7:50pm On Aug 15, 2016
ipledge01:

I've searched through the files in that link but couldn't find Manhattan 8booklets

I will attach to dropbox tomorrow, currently not at home.

[s]All reading and no play makes iCool a dull boy[/s] grin
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Gratefulaheart: 8:29pm On Aug 15, 2016
kaima2015:
sent
Thank you sir. Kindly help delete my email in your post pls. God bless
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kaima2015: 8:44pm On Aug 15, 2016
Gratefulaheart:
Thank you sir. Kindly help delete my email in your post pls. God bless

ok done
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by drhopeful: 8:44pm On Aug 15, 2016
kaima2015:
what is your area of research? you might get through...you should get a faculty member as a research advisor and who would likely sit on the graduate review committee because when shove comes to shove he or she can push your case through...good luck

Corrosion Mechanisms. Thank you.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kaima2015: 8:51pm On Aug 15, 2016
drhopeful:

Corrosion Mechanisms. Thank you.

http://www.engineering.pitt.edu/ScottMao/ thats a potential Research Advisor....email him ASAP (he has done some work on that field)....i hope i dont get banned again grin grin
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by OGreene: 11:04pm On Aug 15, 2016
Good evening all.

I just joined this thread. I guess i haven't prepared enough. I have been studying Barron, now i know i need more materials- Kaplan and co.

I hope to learn more here cool

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 6:25am On Aug 16, 2016

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 16, 2016
iCool:
Link to the Manhattan Books for GRE https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j63hhr1e48jognk/AACVGZXYL-bVj1YD4ibVAZCHa?dl=0

Which edition brother?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 7:45am On Aug 16, 2016
helenmi:

Which edition brother?

Can't tell except I get home to check.

Download the first one and check, it's available in 8parts.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by essayHelp(m): 7:57am On Aug 16, 2016
drhopeful:
So I also wrote the GRE and would love to share my experience. First of all, I am very disappointed with my scores. Infact, I have been very depressed since I got my official scores. Granted I am not very good in Verbal/Writing but I believe I can still get decent scores.

I wrote GRE on August 4 in Port Harcourt. I had to travel from Akwa Ibom to Rivers that morning. Left my house at about 5.30am so I could beat all the PH traffic. Got to the venue about 1.5hrs early. Check in started at about 9am and took almost 2 hours.

I finally got to my seat and immediately exam nerves kicked in. Staggered and managed to get on with the issue essay. Wrote for about 20+ mins before I realized I had misread the topic. No time to remedy. I believe I would have scored a 3 here. For the argument, I barely had time to collect my thoughts. I basically ended up asking questions without answers that would weaken or strengthen the argument. Big poo.... I believe I would have scored a 4 here. Finally AW result....3.5 vs 4.5 I was targeting.

I got 3 wicked verbal sections. So tough that I could not tell which was experimental section. Even the TCs and SEs were so convoluted talkless of those long recondite RCs....bloody hell. The RCs were all about american revolution history and arts nonsense, I just could not understand them at all. Anyway, I ended up with an abysmal 150. My target was 155.

I consider myself a fair maths guru but those quant questions, while not so tough, needed more time to solve. I found myself running out of time. Had to guess on some complex questions and move on. I ended up with 162. I was targeting 165.

I was studying on and off for a few months, never really had enough time to be honest. I work full time and still have to care for a husband and child. It should not be an excuse, but its really tough managing a family, working and still having to study.

Special thanks to sirriddy. That guy is so selfless, was never tired of listening to my whinings. Kept encouraging me to push on. May God continue to bless him.

I really salute the likes of nastydamus and babisho! Kudos to you guys for your scores. I envy you both.

I am considering rewriting but very nervous. I am a PhD hopeful; I know my scores are not good enough and will taint the other excellent parts of my application.

I have a question to ask..... I had reported those scores to my schools. Won't it affect my chances even if i rewrite and achieve better scores?

P.S. Pardon my typo/grammatical errors. I am typing from a phone.

Congrats on your scores.

Don't sweat the AW and verbal scores -- they hardly matter. They are basically used for cut offs in quant-based fields.

What schools are you targeting, including the schools you repored your scores to? Do you have an MSc? Does your work experience relate directly to your PhD area? Does your job description include research? How much research experience do you have, including published papers and independent research work?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ipledge01: 8:16am On Aug 16, 2016
helenmi:

Which edition brother?

It's second edition. I just got a link to the fourth edition https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B6FBl1JdVum6Um4yRTdNN1gxa2c&export=download

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by peter1994(m): 8:17am On Aug 16, 2016
kaima2015:

drop email pls

Good morning bro.

Please I'll really appreciate it if you can send me a copy too.

peteredimeh@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Gratefulaheart: 8:32am On Aug 16, 2016
Hi guys. IELTS or TOEFL, which is easier? I need opinion from those who have experienced both exams. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.