Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1351905 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 29, 2016
RasheedahWunmi:
pls,is thr any1 here targeting a high score on d GRE,lik 360 nd 5 on Awa, pls chat m up by sending me an Email,lez achiev it togeda,i belib d power is in BELIEVING nd Working hard,i wnt mind 24hours reading per day,if daz wat it gona take,jx luking for sm1 of same passion to study togeda wit,thx
LOL
Shey you want to overscore on the test ni?
The maximum score you can have is 340.
Good luck with prepping.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 29, 2016
[quote author=sirRiddy post=48898783]
LOL
Shey you want to overscore on the test ni? ..
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 4:12pm On Aug 29, 2016
^I usually can't go beyond an intensive 2hour stretch, then I take a break.

320 is doable - 155V 165Q cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 5:06am On Aug 30, 2016
iCool:
^I usually can't go beyond an intensive 2hour stretch, then I take a break.

320 is doable - 155V 165Q cheesy

Yeah
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 2:48pm On Aug 31, 2016
Everyone here has gone quiet... Na reading cause am??

Update: I was able to find a possible means to register yesterday, tried registering online through Paypal all through last weekend, it was a wasted effort angry sad. Paid 66k for toefl and registration didn't go through. Got a refund on the 3rd day. I get mind sha

Checked out a Training center at Olu Obasanjo Road p/h, they said they could do the registration. The training center looks good and legit so I paid and they promised to do the registration before the week ends. Only thing I have now is just a receipt shocked for a total of 110k (do not try this), 50k toefl and 60k gre Like I said before, I get mind cheesy.

Still waiting to get the call that it has been done while I read on.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Toakins: 3:45pm On Aug 31, 2016
Olubee22:

Yes, studied agric ext & rural devt .

Cool.. Me too.. Bsc and Msc UI
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 31, 2016
Goodluck to all those preparing for GRE

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by happyday: 4:14pm On Aug 31, 2016
iCool:

Update: I was able to find a possible means to register yesterday, tried registering online through Paypal all through last weekend, it was a wasted effort angry sad. Paid 66k for toefl and registration didn't go through. Got a refund on the 3rd day. I get mind sha

Checked out a Training center at Olu Obasanjo Road p/h, they said they could do the registration. The training center looks good and legit so I paid and they promised to do the registration before the week ends. Only thing I have now is just a receipt shocked for a total of 110k (do not try this), 50k toefl and 60k gre Like I said before, I get mind cheesy.

Waoh, quite a lot you've gone through. I just noticed the Paypal page is returning empty here. If you stay close to the center, you can visit and request that they do it while you're there. At least, to settle your mind.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 5:51pm On Aug 31, 2016
happyday:

Waoh, quite a lot you've gone through. I just noticed the Paypal page is returning empty here. If you stay close to the center, you can visit and request that they do it while you're there. At least, to settle your mind.
My mind is settled, the money isn't the major concern. Time is the issue here.

Was told that I can't get a late September date as I had planned, so we are working towards early October. I am running late by my calculations, wanna apply for at least two 2017 summer admissions (fall session is toooo far).

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Topiipii(m): 8:47pm On Aug 31, 2016
iCool:

Was told that I can't get a late September date as I had planned, so we are working towards early October. I am running late by my calculations, wanna apply for at least two 2017 summer admissions (fall session is toooo far).
I will advise you to apply for Fall 2017. Most schools don't admit int'l students in summer besides, you stand a better chance of securing funding in Fall.

P.S: I wanted to post that you might not get a September date when you posted a while back that you're targeting Sept. 22, I kind of passed on it afterwards (probaly because you mentioned PH). I registered on July 26 and got Sept 29 as the earliest available date.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cuspy(m): 9:25pm On Aug 31, 2016
iCool:

Lol. You get mind o. Most training centers are actually legit; they wouldn't want to stain their image over a piece of the cake. Success in both Exams buddy.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 10:31pm On Aug 31, 2016
Topiipii:

I will advise you to apply for Fall 2017. Most schools don't admit int'l students in summer besides, you stand a better chance of securing funding in Fall.

P.S: I wanted to post that you might not get a September date when you posted a while back that you're targeting Sept. 22, I kind of passed on it afterwards (probaly because you mentioned PH). I registered on July 26 and got Sept 29 as the earliest available date.

Fall 2017 is actually a very good idea. Full funding wouldn't be bad cheesy. It looks so far to me, that's the singular problem I have with it.

I don't have to rush the processing then, just want to get done with these exams.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 10:35pm On Aug 31, 2016
cuspy:

Lol. You get mind o. Most training centers are actually legit; they wouldn't want to stain their image over a piece of the cake. Success in both Exams buddy.

Cuspy, long time! Welcome back! cheesy
Quit hiding tongue

Thanks for the wishes.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ipledge01: 7:05am On Sep 01, 2016
iCool:

I don't have to rush the processing then, just want to get done with these exams.

I guess sirriddy once said most schools application deadline is December for those looking forward to fall admission.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cephas0009: 11:30am On Sep 01, 2016
ipledge01:

I guess sirriddy once said most schools application deadline is December for those looking forward to fall admission.

If u will be seeking funding, u should consider applying by December or way earlier. Most school commences application for fall by August, so u can imagine how much application dey would AF gotten n how much funding would av been disbursed already. However, its not unusual people still get admitted n funded even after December. Most applications for fall closes by February n some can run through April.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cuspy(m): 7:49am On Sep 02, 2016
iCool:

Cuspy, long time! Welcome back! cheesy
Quit hiding tongue

Thanks for the wishes.

You welcome.

No hiding no more grin
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by qizick: 7:05am On Sep 03, 2016
wow nice thread I'm awaiting service n would love to go to USA for my masters please I need help with regards to the Tofel n GRE I want to write them and also apply for full scholarship please is anyone in the house with vital information who can help me I also need a mentor please contact me via qizick@yahoo.com thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by happyday: 8:38am On Sep 03, 2016
iCool:

In that case, your best bet is to check with the two schools when you're expected to turn in your full app packet. For Summer admissions, I think October is cutting it too close, since you'd need to enroll by January, 2017. Most programs need two months to review your application and decide, and then you'd want to make travel arrangements from here.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by happyday: 8:42am On Sep 03, 2016
qizick:
wow nice thread I'm awaiting service n would love to go to USA for my masters please I need help with regards to the Tofel n GRE I want to write them and also apply for full scholarship please is anyone in the house with vital information who can help me I also need a mentor please contact me via qizick@yahoo.com thanks
Obviously, you haven't gone through pages of this thread. But you need to start from Page 1, jotting points as you go along, until you're full and tired. Then, apply what you've gleaned to plan out a GRE study schedule, pick a test date, register and start preparing. Shikena!

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by happyday: 8:46am On Sep 03, 2016
iCool:

Fall 2017 is actually a very good idea. Full funding wouldn't be bad cheesy. It looks so far to me, that's the singular problem I have with it.

If you want to put your best foot forward, then I think you don't want to rush TWO things; your applications and then the tests. Both are important. America is not running away, and Fall isn't that far. Trust me, you'd have enough on your hands till August, 2017 if you can plan out every stage of the app process. Please, "don't just want to get done with the exams". Be at your best on the tests, once.

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 11:13am On Sep 03, 2016
happyday:

In that case, your best bet is to check with the two schools when you're expected to turn in your full app packet. For Summer admissions, I think October is cutting it too close, since you'd need to enroll by January, 2017. Most programs need two months to review your application and decide, and then you'd want to make travel arrangements from here.

Enrollment that will be done Jan 2017 is for Spring admission.

Summer enrollment is May/June I guess, na here my eyes dey. Might abandon the idea going by what Topiipii has said, funding would make the whole trip easier for me.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 11:20am On Sep 03, 2016
happyday:

If you want to put your best foot forward, then I think you don't want to rush TWO things; your applications and then the tests. Both are important. America is not running away, and Fall isn't that far. Trust me, you'd have enough on your hands till August, 2017 if you can plan out every stage of the app process. Please, "don't just want to get done with the exams". Be at your best on the tests, once.
You have spoken well, I am looking at shifting focus to Fall. Didn't wanna renew my rent next year plus other costs associated with remaining here,thus, reducing funds for the Masters.

I am putting much effort into writing the exams.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 03, 2016
happyday:

That's the point, brother. As for me, I wanna focus on the exam first before looking for schools, cus high score in GRE is the most important. so rushing it cus of admission date or anything ain't cool enough

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by drhopeful: 9:20am On Sep 04, 2016
@happyday, are you in school now?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by happyday: 3:58pm On Sep 04, 2016
drhopeful:
@happyday, are you in school now?
No sir.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 04, 2016
Good day people.
I'll be writing GRE come Sept 19. I've been trying to work on my weak point which is VERBAL. I don read Barron, Grubber, ETS warefa yet the thing no gree make I understand am. Anyways, I go thrash am, I know. But I no go mind ginger ooo!
Make una keep up the good work. God bless.....
Who dey follow me prepare?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 5:35pm On Sep 04, 2016
^The best Ginger you need is in you! smiley

Just remember the $205 for the exam plus the admission you need to get and that will Ginger you to success. Wish you well *thumbs up*

#MoneyMustNotWaste cool

#BlastTheDamnVerbal grin

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Teekay2408(m): 6:15pm On Sep 04, 2016
The problem I have now is writing GRE as I am not good in math need urr advice and is there any cheap Gre centre at abuja.
I need GRE materials pls post it on ft@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 9:11pm On Sep 04, 2016
^start reading from page 98, you will come across links to where you can download soft copies of books.

Reading from page 1 gives you more insight into the entire GRE business.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Toakins: 9:35pm On Sep 04, 2016
Please after registering and paying online.. am I supposed to get a print out to use on d exam day? asides from d ID

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.