Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,010 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1351843 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by neahyo(m): 8:22pm On Sep 17, 2016
happyday:

For a start, you need the Official Guide to the GRE. To get a feel of what's being tested across sections.

Your confidence level afterwards will then help you choose materials suitable for you.
Baba, please I would be grateful if you can help me in reviewing my personal statement.
Many thanks bro...
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 17, 2016
ipledge01:
The verbal section is really something else to most of us grin cheesy embarassed

I'm spending more time with verbal now than quant

We will surely conquer wink
Are there no runs for this GRE thing ni?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Battywonder(m): 9:27pm On Sep 17, 2016
cuspy:

Topiipii, Happyday and others that provide answers, thank you guys so much.

God bless you guys for us. smiley

Emmmm....

Another help again pls grin

I intend to run a postgraduate study in Economics and to be honest, I have just one school in mind, Binghamton University (a safenet school). I need a cursory suggestion of schools from you guys pls.

Bro, if u don't mind a direct phd with full funding u can try university of Albany and TAMU.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Priceless200(f): 10:06pm On Sep 17, 2016
iCool:
^Good to know The official ets booklet and lots of practice was enough to get such scores.
Dp you have any idea where I can get this official ets booklet, especially in Abuja... Thank you.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 17, 2016
Battywonder:

Bro, if u don't mind a direct phd with full funding u can try university of Albany and TAMU.
Are there no runs for this GRE things?
cos most exams have been compromised
Though i dont have interest in GRE. I have written GMAT and passed

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ipledge01: 10:42pm On Sep 17, 2016
handsomeclouds:

Are there no runs for this GRE thing ni?
cheesy grin grin grin cheesy

Tell me you're kidding grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Battywonder(m): 10:54pm On Sep 17, 2016
handsomeclouds:

Are there no runa for this GRE things?
Man, i wouldn't advise you runs the exam. Apart from gaining admission to graduate sch studying for the exam is gud for your personal development.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:14am On Sep 18, 2016
Battywonder:

Man, i wouldn't advise you runs the exam. Apart from gaining admission to graduate sch studying for the exam is gud for your personal development.
Where can I receive good lectures in Lagos and Ibadan
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:34am On Sep 18, 2016
cuspy:

Verbal is a serious something for most of us o grin

However, it is not insurmountable.

In addition to the Official Guide, I strongly recommend Priceton Review (either the Verbal section of the main book or the Verbal workout booklet, or both).

Going through the book has increased my confidence as well as performance on verbal section; the book teaches you to indentify and cross out wrong answers first before identifying the right one - a strategy which works out well for me.

If you've got limited time, go through the verbal section of the main book only, it's less verbose.

P.S: Biko don't read Manhattan for TC and SE questions - you might give up on verbal like I almost did. Manhattan is best for RC questions and Quant only (my opinion).

Well, you right both Mdnhattan TC and SE... do you have softcopy of the princeton review?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Battywonder(m): 7:02am On Sep 18, 2016
handsomeclouds:

Where can I receive good lectures in Lagos and Ibadan
Well, it depends on ur present location in either of the cities. You can walk the area and you would surely get one, but how genuine the particular tutorial is? I dnt know. Tutorial is gud, but in the presence of paucity of fund, you can study and excel on your own.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 18, 2016
Battywonder:

Well, it depends on ur present location in either of the cities. You can walk the area and you would surely get one, but how genuine the particular tutorial is? I dnt know. Tutorial is gud, but in the presence of paucity of fund, you can study and excel on your own.
I'm not too good in a maths that's the problem. Besides I'm a social science student. I have searching for guides ever since.
What can I do now?
What do u advice me to do.
Pls can I send you a mail so we can connect and discuss better
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Socratez20(m): 10:37am On Sep 18, 2016
Good day house thanks to everyone for enlightening us on the GRE please is there a link to download the soft copy of the official test guide
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Battywonder(m): 11:27am On Sep 18, 2016
handsomeclouds:

I'm not too good in a maths that's the problem. Besides I'm a social science student. I have searching for guides ever since.
What can I do now?
What do u advice me to do.
Pls can I send you a mail so we can connect and discuss better
Although, it's believed that students with science and engineering background are better in maths but that is not an excuse for other disciplines especially the social science not to ace the gre quantitative. Read through the previous post to get links to important materials u'll need. Endeavour to start with the official guide. Believe me, maths is not hard. start from the basics and u'll luv it with time. Gudluck!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cuspy(m): 12:14pm On Sep 18, 2016
Battywonder:

Thank you so much.

I've researched a bit about both schools and I like them, especially that University of Albany.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cuspy(m): 12:19pm On Sep 18, 2016
helenmi:

Well, you right both Mdnhattan TC and SE... do you have softcopy of the princeton review?

Yea, I do.

Would send 'em.

This is your email right? lawaldare@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 18, 2016
Battywonder:

Although, it's believed that students with science and engineering background are better in maths but that is not an excuse for other disciplines especially the social science not to ace the gre quantitative. Read through the previous post to get links to important materials u'll need. Endeavour to start with the official guide. Believe me, maths is not hard. start from the basics and u'll luv it with time. Gudluck!
U mean I should read through 117 pages
U try lolz......
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Battywonder(m): 12:32pm On Sep 18, 2016
cuspy:

Thank you so much.

I've researched a bit about both schools and I like them, especially that University of Albany.

Thanks again.
Don't mention. I'm just always concerned when I meet sum1 in the same field as me. Hope u're studying smart for the gre as am expecting 320+ from u. #TEAM ECONOMISTS

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 12:33pm On Sep 18, 2016
Priceless200:

Dp you have any idea where I can get this official ets booklet, especially in Abuja... Thank you.

The soft copy is available on the ets website. Within the last 5pages, I dropped the link for the Quant & Verbal official practice booklets.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 18, 2016
cuspy:

Yea, I do.

Would send 'em.

Yes,thanks man
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Battywonder(m): 12:36pm On Sep 18, 2016
handsomeclouds:

U mean I should read through 117 pages
U try lolz......
Lolz. Seems lyk i want to make u sick! U can use keywords to search for what u need.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 18, 2016
Battywonder:

Lolz. Seems lyk i want to make u sick! U can use keywords to search for what u need.
You just don't want us to chat. U wanna remain here.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ipledge01: 1:58pm On Sep 18, 2016
cuspy:

Yea, I do.

Would send 'em.

I PMed you. Wouldn't mind to have softcopy of princeton review
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cuspy(m): 2:42pm On Sep 18, 2016
Battywonder:

Don't mention. I'm just always concerned when I meet sum1 in the same field as me. Hope u're studying smart for the gre as am expecting 320+ from u. #TEAM ECONOMISTS

Lol. I'm doing my best with the study thingy.
Good to meet you. #TeamEconomist!
You writing soon?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cuspy(m): 2:48pm On Sep 18, 2016
ipledge01:

Ok. will send.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cuspy(m): 3:24pm On Sep 18, 2016
ipledge01:

I Sent them to your email - the main book and the verbal workout.

Helenmi, done too.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by GREcoach: 3:26pm On Sep 18, 2016
Good day all, i recently concluded training of a GRE class consisting of two students, both of whom had 310 and 318 respectively on the GRE. I conduct training in Osogbo, Ile-Ife as well as Ibadan. It would be my pleasure to teach, assist as well as guide anyone interested in the three aspects of GRE(Quantitative Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning and Analytical Writing). Kindly reach out if you are in any of these towns and require intensive training/coaching. grecoach@outlook.com.
My sincere gratitude to those who've reached out to me already. Its my sincere hope that you all achieve much better scores than i had during my time. Once again i'm reachable at grecoach@outlook.com.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Battywonder(m): 3:27pm On Sep 18, 2016
cuspy:

Lol. I'm doing my best with the study thingy. Good to meet you. #TeamEconomist! You writing soon?
Not writing anytime soon. Till next year.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by GREcoach: 3:51pm On Sep 18, 2016
Also i forgot to add this. in preparing for GRE, please bear in mind that there would be an experimental section which could be either quantitative or verbal. This doesn't add to your eventual score but can be draining if you aren't prepared. In my case, there was an extra quantitative section which nearly finished me because i didn't realize the test was computer adaptive(Meaning it adapts to your individual ability section after section). Hence in training if you have 35 minutes on the clock per section. Pls reduce it to 27/28 mins (meaning you only spend about 60 seconds per question). The extra minutes at the end will go a long way in affording you review your answers and tackle some other questions you might have skipped. Cheers Guys
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cuspy(m): 4:08pm On Sep 18, 2016
Battywonder:

Not writing anytime soon. Till next year.

Ok.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ayodeji481(m): 4:22pm On Sep 18, 2016
Folks, please where can I get to buy this book. ETS: GRE The Official Guide to the Revised General Test.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by GREcoach: 4:43pm On Sep 18, 2016
The ETS Revised General Test Edition is free along with lots of other relevant materials.You can get them all from the following url:http://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/prepare. Wishing you all the best
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Topiipii(m): 6:13pm On Sep 18, 2016
cuspy:

Topiipii, Happyday and others that provide answers, thank you guys so much.

God bless you guys for us. smiley

Emmmm....

Another help again pls grin

I intend to run a postgraduate study in Economics and to be honest, I have just one school in mind, Binghamton University (a safenet school). I need a cursory suggestion of schools from you guys pls.
Battywonder:

I was just about to suggest that you ask someone in the same field, I suppose you have your answer now.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.