Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1354660 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 12:33pm On Feb 09, 2017
Kfupm application is out and the application deadline is on 22nd February, 2017. This is the website http://www.kfupm.edu.sa/deanships/dgs/Pages/preonline.aspx
Cc seeker88
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 09, 2017
jaybiz007:

GRE: 314
GPA:3.70/4.00
TOEFL: 101

Great profile! What is your major? Do I know you? wink

I have missed this thread. 4 pages already!!!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 09, 2017
Scholastica16:

College station is another biggie. That S-26 is overrated. You had 24 what's the difference? Yea, I understand @ port and funding.

Let me join my faith with you for Texas A&M and OSU grin

Thanks, Scholastica16 for joining faith with me. Ameen.
I hope the speaking score of 26 is truly overrated. But man can always hope, right? grin

Porting is allowed grin
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 1:32pm On Feb 09, 2017
jaybiz007:

Same here o. My BP just dey spike anyhow.
grin Please oh,easy...@bp
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 09, 2017
shayhune:

@bolded. The department of Mathematics, BGSU is quite generous with funding for MSc students. I know someone who had a 2.2 with low GRE and toefl score who got admitted with full funding and monthly stipends last year.
I also got admitted to their Computer Science dept (MSc) for Fall 2017 and I'm expecting a +ve funding decision soon.
You have a good profile. Hopefully, you'll get a positive response from them soon.

You are right in saying that. I emailed the department's graduate student coordinator, and his answer seemed positive. I can only hope it translates to admission with funding. grin

I wish you success too, that is admission with funding smiley
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 09, 2017
shinkszee01:
my people I must say am really really afraid to write this test cos my frist practice I couldn't even solve the problem in the quantitative and the argumentative essay I didn't understand the question pls my people I need ur help the likes of op and co

Don't be scared, dear. Do give yourself time. You can learn and pass the exam. "Focus" is the key word.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 09, 2017
seeker88:

Very good profile boss! Nice list of schools too....we've 2 schools in common; TAMU, U of Arkansas, n Ohio Uni. All my applications are for MSc program though.

Thanks, man. Let us all hope for the best at this time. Hope you did not apply for Mathematics? I do not want competition,biko from Naija people grin cheesy

I chose a combination of Masters and Ph.D. programs. However it turns out, I will still get that Ph.D. grin
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 1:43pm On Feb 09, 2017
iCool:
Seeker88. My profile is simply fair though I stand a good chance.

GPA : 3.35/4 - I was modest with my conversion.

GRE : 318
AWA: 4.0. This was my second GRE.

Toefl: 106 R28 L26 S26 W26
I will confirm later, my head is overheating. sure of the total score and speaking score.

LOR : 2 *very strong* ones from work. No idea what the Prof wrote in his own.

3.5yrs Work & 1.5yrs Internship Exp well tuned in my SOP to suite my area of interest for MSc. Thanks to SirRiddy.

Great profile!!!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 09, 2017
Mayflowa:

Most schools fund their Mathematics students. Theread is never enough hands in mathematics depth who under electives for all science base course

Oga Mayflowa, I dey hail oh.

Please, do you know schools that fund Mathematics graduates with a late deadline? grin
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 09, 2017
happyday:

Send me a PM for the SOP.

Oga happyday. It is good to see you here. smiley I almost missed this post.
I know you are very busy. Well done!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 09, 2017
Time2Smile:
@All Check out http://allaboutadmissions.weebly.com/ for a free SOP critique and review. I think their service is terrific
Thanks for sharing.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 1:49pm On Feb 09, 2017
iCool:
Acceptance for Msc Industrial Engineering Fall2017.

$1,000 annual scholarship + in state tuition. I completed my application roughly 3weeks ago. Rolling admission I guess.

Will go and battle for Assistantship if I go there.

Awww. This is great news. Congratulations dear. I know more acceptances are coming. smiley
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 09, 2017
Scholastica16:

I am showing people the alternative but neurotic pseudo-heros (on some other thread) will say I am an agent.

See use of English shocked, please, break it down. I have no idea of what that means. grin

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by jaybiz007(m): 3:36pm On Feb 09, 2017
andradaeze:

Great profile! What is your major? Do I know you? wink

I have missed this thread. 4 pages already!!!
You do. grin

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Mayflowa(m): 3:38pm On Feb 09, 2017
andradaeze:

Oga Mayflowa, I dey hail oh.

Please, do you know schools that fund Mathematics graduates with a late deadline? grin

Missouri State University
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by habig1: 4:14pm On Feb 09, 2017
please house, for someone that is just about to write GRE in march and wish to apply for fall 2018, can one still send score to schools on the test day or is it best to wait till when schools start receiving applications.Pls help out
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by aanexplus(m): 4:17pm On Feb 09, 2017
OGreene:
Anyone needs Kaplan TOEFL textbook? I forgot to collect mine from BY Mafit. So you will need to pick it up from them at Ikeja, i already told them someone will come on my behalf.

Send a pm.

Wow. Please what's dere address. I have interest
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sbrainy(m): 5:35pm On Feb 09, 2017
@andradeze pls can you give me your number. We have the same prospect of furthering in Mathematics.
Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 5:51pm On Feb 09, 2017
andradaeze:

Thanks, Scholastica16 for joining faith with me. Ameen.
I hope the speaking score of 26 is truly overrated. But man can always hope, right? grin

Porting is allowed grin

Faith is greater than hope. grin

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 5:54pm On Feb 09, 2017
habig1:
please house, for someone that is just about to write GRE in march and wish to apply for fall 2018, can one still send score to schools on the test day or is it best to wait till when schools start receiving applications.Pls help out

Email the grad coordinators of the schools you are considering and ask them how long they keep official score reports before discarding it. Some keep it for 1 full year and some others even longer. Tell them you are considering writing in March but against Next year fall that's why you are asking. I think it falls in place if you are considering fall next year as most fall apps end in January which won't be up to a year from March of this year so it may be better to send the scores now (as per in the venue) than wait and pay $27 each time you want to send it next year.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by temmitats(f): 6:40pm On Feb 09, 2017
Scholastica16:

Yes I believe Manhattan had good Full-length tests even though I didn't use them (but the one I am referring to is not the one contained in the book but a real time simulation of the way the GRE test will be- having a timer, instructions, Essays, and both Q and V questions). I also know some people on here used Kaomanfen.com but I also do not know how they gained access to it. Perhaps just type it that way on your browser and see where it leads you. I did however, use the Kaplan test samples and you should read the posts by Seeker88 on this page to understand how to access them. Here is the link:

https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre/141

God bless you
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by habig1: 6:41pm On Feb 09, 2017
Scholastica16:

Email the grad coordinators of the schools you are considering and ask them how long they keep official score reports before discarding it. Some keep it for 1 full year and some others even longer. Tell them you are considering writing in March but against Next year fall that's why you are asking. I think it falls in place if you are considering fall next year as most fall apps end in January which won't be up to a year from March of this year so it may be better to send the scores now (as per in the venue) than wait and pay $27 each time you want to send it next year.
Thanks alot.Am actually applying for PhD that actual made me to consider fall 2018,as most schools admit and give funding for PhD for just fall.Its obvious fall admission for 2017 is closed already.Any advice?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 09, 2017
Scholastica16:

Faith is greater than hope. grin

I agree with you on this. cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 7:05pm On Feb 09, 2017
Sbrainy:
@andradeze
pls can you give me your number.
We have the same prospect of furthering in Mathematics.

Thanks

cheesy cheesy cheesy. I believe say na joke sha.

This is a faceless forum, mbok, I can answer your questions here. smiley
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 09, 2017
jaybiz007:

You do. grin

I could detect from your scores and the 2 schools you mentioned. smiley
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 7:47pm On Feb 09, 2017
Thanks for all the congratulatory messages.
Network here is very poor so I'll be off for sometime.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 8:40pm On Feb 09, 2017
Mayflowa:

Missouri State University

Thanks a lot, Mayflowa. I think I saw this from your previous post on the Student Visa thread.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 9:58pm On Feb 09, 2017
habig1:

Thanks alot.Am actually applying for PhD that actual made me to consider fall 2018,as most schools admit and give funding for PhD for just fall.Its obvious fall admission for 2017 is closed already.Any advice?

Most fall applications for this year are gone. Especially if you want to write GRE in March. If you apply then and still get the admisssion, chances are, you may not get funding as most of it may have been disbursed to the early bird applicants. So my advice: wait for fall next year as planned just get everything you need ready and make your applications by Oct 2017. You would be early enough for any school's deadline and you'd have all the documents ready too.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by habig1: 10:05pm On Feb 09, 2017
Scholastica16:

Most fall applications for this year are gone. Especially if you want to write GRE in March. If you apply then and still get the admisssion, chances are, you may not get funding as most of it may have been disbursed to the early bird applicants. So my advice: wait for fall next year as planned just get everything you need ready and make your applications by Oct 2017. You would be early enough for any school's deadline and you'd have all the documents ready too.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 10:42pm On Feb 09, 2017
Scholastica16:

I am showing people the alternative but neurotic pseudo-heros (on some other thread) will say I am an agent.
Boss, I understand you jare.....u sha get time for them undecided

Baba, permit me to say; ur second name na English. grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 10:46pm On Feb 09, 2017
Scholastica16:

I am sure I had posted such information here. They send both GRE and TOEFL scores at the same price. N8000.
It's even cheaper to send TOEFL score with d Access bank visa card because it costs just 6,500. For GRE score ordering, Mafit is cheaper.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by OGreene: 10:55pm On Feb 09, 2017
This 6500 is it not $27. And $27 @325 should be over 8k

seeker88:

It's even cheaper to send TOEFL score with d Access bank visa card because it costs just 6,500. For GRE score ordering, Mafit is cheaper.

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.