Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,605 members, 7,820,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1354303 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cephas0009: 8:00am On Feb 14, 2017
iCool:
As The.Zed said, I got my second admission decision yesterday...

An Acceptance! TAMUkingsville, Industrial Eng. Fall 2017.

No word on funding yet. Was asked to contact the departmental coordinator for further news.

Decision 2/5.

Congratulations boss...
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 8:17am On Feb 14, 2017
@Jaybiz007, Ponpon, ipledge01, cephas0009. Thanks all.

@Oludare01. Texas loves me! grin See as the admissions deh enter.
Their fees are affordable, admissions 'easy' and it is a good state for my intended major.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 8:52am On Feb 14, 2017
Congrats iCool. I hope all your schools were not Texas-centric sha. People say it raises red flags to the VOs.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 9:12am On Feb 14, 2017
iCool:

No word on funding yet. Was asked to contact the departmental coordinator for further news.

Decision 2/5.

Congratulations iCool. More good news to follow this. smiley
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Time2Smile(m): 9:20am On Feb 14, 2017
Scholastica16:
Congrats iCool. I hope all your schools were not Texas-centric sha. People say it raises red flags to the VOs.
Congrats iCool. The VO has no way of knowing the schools He applied to. Whatever school mentioned at the interview are the ones He applied to. The important school is the one that he plans to attend and issues his i20

NB:Not advocating lieing oooo, just saying
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 9:58am On Feb 14, 2017
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by hirschfelder: 11:13am On Feb 14, 2017
iCool:

Decision 2/5.

Congrats....
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by shayhune: 11:58am On Feb 14, 2017
iCool:

Decision 2/5.

Congrats iCool. I rejoice with you. By God's grace, you'll get funding.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by shayhune: 12:02pm On Feb 14, 2017
iCool:
@Jaybiz007, Ponpon, ipledge01, cephas0009. Thanks all.

@Oludare01. Texas loves me! grin See as the admissions deh enter.
Their fees are affordable, admissions 'easy' and it is a good state for my intended major.

@bolded. This got me wondering. Are you one of the Otedolas grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 1:07pm On Feb 14, 2017
@hirschfelder, Andradaeze, Time2smile. Thank you very much.

Time2Smile:

Congrats iCool. The VO has no way of knowing the schools He applied to. Whatever school mentioned at the interview are the ones He applied to. The important school is the one that he plans to attend and issues his i20

NB:Not advocating lieing oooo, just saying

Your head is valid! I know how to handle that issue.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 1:11pm On Feb 14, 2017
shayhune:

@bolded. This got me wondering. Are you one of the Otedolas grin grin

Baba, can you compare $15k of Texas to $27k of others?

I can hustle out Texas fees o, it's not an Otedola something. grin
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 1:25pm On Feb 14, 2017
Scholastica16:

Boss man, it is ooo. Texas is calling me.... and I am going there. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by shayhune: 1:40pm On Feb 14, 2017
iCool:

When I grow up, I hope to be like you oo grin
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 1:58pm On Feb 14, 2017
Scholastica16:
now I'm scared because most of the schools I applied to are close to the Pacific Ocean and they are coastal... Is this a red flag too?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 2:25pm On Feb 14, 2017
ponpon:
now I'm scared because most of the schools I applied to are close to the Pacific Ocean and they are coastal... Is this a red flag too?

Mine has 3 in same state, I care less.

I'll handle it, I have always known it might flag.

Yours in same region isn't much of a problem.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 2:28pm On Feb 14, 2017
shayhune:

When I grow up, I hope to be like you oo grin
No deh shout like this na. grin
They need a financial statement of 18k, 9k5 is living cost. How much remain?
9k which is annual.... Split into 2 and it is 'hustle-able'.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 2:28pm On Feb 14, 2017
iCool:

Mine has 3 in same state, I care less.

I'll handle it, I have always known it might flag.

Yours in same region isn't much of a problem.
I was actually joking about mine sir.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 3:35pm On Feb 14, 2017
iCool:

Bros I no like the way you dey use this word- "hustle".
shey the meaning don change ni? How person go say him dey hustle 18k dollars? when me still dey hustle $30 app fee grin
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 4:17pm On Feb 14, 2017
@ iCool, Congrats boss! Funding is definitely coming your way bro...

Can you remember when you submitted your application to TAMUK cos I also applied for MSc Mech Eng and yet to hear from them. Did u send your official transcript from your school or was the admission decision made with your unofficial transcript? Please I sent you a pm....
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 5:02pm On Feb 14, 2017
fredoricko:

Bros I no like the way you dey use this word- "hustle".
shey the meaning don change ni? How person go say him dey hustle 18k dollars? when me still dey hustle $30 app fee grin
hahahahaha! No mind me jare.

I meant 5k per semester for tuition is within reach na.

@Ponpon. No wahala.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 5:05pm On Feb 14, 2017
seeker88:
@ iCool, Congrats boss! Funding is definitely coming your way bro...

Can you remember when you submitted your application to TAMUK cos I also applied for MSc Mech Eng and yet to hear from them. Did u send your official transcript from your school or was the admission decision made with your unofficial transcript? Please I sent you a pm....

I submitted January 9th, I attached my transcript to my application. Sent it also with other supporting documents by email to them.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by layez: 11:58pm On Feb 14, 2017
Congrats iCool... Funding will come ur way

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by shayhune: 4:18am On Feb 15, 2017
iCool:

It's all good. Congrats once again and you'll get funding by God's grace even though you be hustler grin. See you in Trumpland soon bro.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by amofum(m): 7:09am On Feb 15, 2017
iCool:

Elder bros, congrats. Abeg shey you fit teach me this your hustle? My own no dey pay reach this level. Na beg I dey beg ooooooo.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 7:18am On Feb 15, 2017
@Layez, Shayhune. Thanks again.

amofum:

Elder bros, congrats. Abeg shey you fit teach me this your hustle? My own no dey pay reach this level. Na beg I dey beg ooooooo.

Amofum, I did a breakdown of how possible it is to survive in Yankee, it is within my reach. I have a sponsor though but if my sponsor begins to speak grammar, I should still be able to pull through.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Campuslink: 7:42am On Feb 15, 2017
In addition to the aforesaid, you can join a FREE GRE whatsapp group wherein you can ask questions bordering on the exam and learn from the experience of others. 08056516226.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by jaybiz007(m): 9:43am On Feb 15, 2017
adetola007:

It's not something hard, when they announce application, all you have to do is to fill the online application, you'll need 3 people to provide recommendation for you. You can submit your application with or without your test scores. You also have to upload transcript.
You can also apply to, KAUST, they have better funding package but more selective than kfupm. All the best with your application.
Thanks bro. I just rounded up with my application to KFUPM. All my recommenders have equally turn in their recommendation. However, my profile still reads "This Web application is complete but has not yet been processed." Is that how it's meant to be?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by aanexplus(m): 12:55pm On Feb 15, 2017
Weldone guys. Please, I feel my SOP is not good enough. Who can help me to shape it into something good. Thanks guys
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Toakins: 3:26pm On Feb 15, 2017
Congrats iCool. I pray we will all testify soon.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 15, 2017
Congratulations iCool
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 15, 2017
jaybiz007:

Thanks bro. I just rounded up with my application to KFUPM. All my recommenders have equally turn in their their recommendation. However, my profile still reads "This Web application is complete but has not yet been processed." Is that how it's meant to be?
Yes

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.