Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1349345 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 16, 2017
drhopeful:
Thanks! But it's easier said than done. cry
I am waiting for decisions too. In fact, from gradcafe I have seen two of my top schools have given out admissions.

Hmmm, waiting comfortably... At the end, I will attend one school out of the eight. grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 16, 2017
Scholastica16:

Congrats man. Nice one.

Thanks boss.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Topiipii(m): 7:51pm On Feb 16, 2017
towbaynah:
Got a rejection from the University of Tennessee today. 1 of 5. My chest is heavy.
Sorry about the rejection, I hope the others turn out better.
iCool:
@Seeker88. Congratulations!!!

Admission is in.... Funding is next!
Congrats to you both.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Topiipii(m): 8:03pm On Feb 16, 2017
andradaeze:

Some schools make funding decisions later. Congratulations dear.
Thanks!
fredoricko:

Thanks boss. Amen to that
Congrats.
Ndawe:
Congrats!!! Funding will come. Are you going for an MSc or a PhD program?
Thanks, they're all MS programs.
drhopeful:
With all the decisions on here, I guess I can now intensify ripping off my hair.... cry
No need for that now, I think you still have till the end of March; in fact, I was surprised to see the first mail as I had hoped decisions will start coming in around March.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Topiipii(m): 8:05pm On Feb 16, 2017
Scholastica16:

Intimidators.

Intimidate us. grin

Where is Hirschfelder?

But na you say make we dey update the house na sad
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cephas0009: 8:16pm On Feb 16, 2017
@Topiipii, Seeker88, Fredoricko... Congratulations oo, I pray funding decision come through effortlessly just like your admissions.

@drhopeful, I think you should stay hopeful smiley, your chances are great n besides u r not alone on this. Some of us haven't too n for someone like me that submitted the latest of my applications not less than 6months ago. As long as it is gonna b good news, it's not too late smiley

4 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ndawe(f): 8:40pm On Feb 16, 2017
Don't worry, Baba God is wrapping the whole package for delivery to you..
Topiipii:

Thanks!

Congrats.

Thanks, they're all MS programs.

No need for that now, I think you still have till the end of March; in fact, I was surprised to see the first mail as I had hoped decisions will start coming in around March.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 8:50pm On Feb 16, 2017
Towbaynah, just seeing the bad news o. I am sorry for the rejection. Look on the bright side; your decision making will be a lot easier.

Topiipii:

But na you say make we dey update the house na sad

I am not complaining o. I dey hail you if anything. Nice one.

Where is ChemEngrO1?

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 10:15pm On Feb 16, 2017
Regret mail from LSU. They say they hope the regret will not discourage me from pursuing graduate program in other schools. Congrats to those who got it.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Bolisticbond026: 10:19pm On Feb 16, 2017
The rate at which admission is flowing in this forum will be directly proportional to funding soonest just calm down guys and put all your trust in the supreme being (GOD) he only can grants our heart desires. Drhope just calm down your admission and funding is coming very soon.Guys i need clarifications on WES evaluation how to go about it and how to send evaluated transcript to prospective school.The second thing is when is the proper time to start sending mail to prospective faculty member in order to show interest in his research area.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ridsan4real(m): 10:25pm On Feb 16, 2017
Does Kansas state university request for WES evaluation of transcript for graduate program? thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 10:28pm On Feb 16, 2017
Scholastica16:
Regret mail from LSU. They say they hope the regret will not discourage me from pursuing graduate program in other schools. Congrats to those who got it.
Oh dear. I am sorry to hear this. I believe the decisions from other schools will be quite positive.

All things work together for our good...

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 10:29pm On Feb 16, 2017
Scholastica16:

dude no too tink am .........
there is still hope.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 10:34pm On Feb 16, 2017
iCool:
@Seeker88. Congratulations!!!

Admission is in.... Funding is next!
thanks boss!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 10:35pm On Feb 16, 2017
Topiipii:
I have received four decisions from my applications, they all admitted me without funding yet.

Colorado State University - Jan. 24
Kansas State University - Feb. 7
University of Wyoming - Feb. 10
Tennessee Tech. - Feb. 14

K-State is asking me to send a bank statement though before an admittance can be processed.

I still have two more decisions to go (U of Utah and Vanderbilt)
Congrats boss!....funding is on the way!

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 10:36pm On Feb 16, 2017
towbaynah:

They said since I can't get it, I would have to get a WESICAP evaluation. Did that. Still waiting for a feedback, bro.
Oh, great! All d best...
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 10:39pm On Feb 16, 2017
towbaynah:
Got a rejection from the University of Tennessee today. 1 of 5. My chest is heavy.
Baba, better news are definitely ahead!

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 10:43pm On Feb 16, 2017
Thanks Andradaeze and Ndawe....

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by jaybiz007(m): 10:46pm On Feb 16, 2017
Scholastica16:
Sorry about that Chief. I'm a secret admirer of your cogent contributions, and I believe good things come the way of good people. Stay positive bro, your success story is almost here.

4 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 10:47pm On Feb 16, 2017
Stay hopeful, guys smiley smiley smiley
Schools who reject your application lost you,
not the other way round, Keep the hope alive!!!

6 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by jaybiz007(m): 10:50pm On Feb 16, 2017
My status so far:
K-state: Admitted for Msc (No funding). I emailed my assigned faculty advisor but I'm yet to get a reply till now.

Florida State University: Admitted for Ph.D. (still awaiting funding decision)

8 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 10:52pm On Feb 16, 2017
drhopeful:
With all the decisions on here, I guess I can now intensify ripping off my hair.... cry
....I am on my kneels begging u to stop ripping off your hairs cos they won't grow back by the time your admission/funding notification flies in grin grin, soonest. Your schools are top notch and they don't admit on rolling basis...

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 10:54pm On Feb 16, 2017
Scholastica16:

This is great news bro. Some schools make funding decisions later so I am guessing you'd still hear from them. Mechanical engineering Masters abi?
Thanks boss! I believe so....Yea, MSc Mechanical Engineering.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 10:55pm On Feb 16, 2017
FSU is in a better location than K-State and it is a PhD admission, so funding chances are higher.
I hope you get into FSU and move to Tallahassee. smiley
jaybiz007:
My status so far:
K-state: Admitted for Msc (No funding). I emailed my assigned faculty advisor but I'm yet to get a reply till now.

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by jaybiz007(m): 11:01pm On Feb 16, 2017
sirRiddy:
FSU is in a better location than K-State and it is a PhD admission, so funding chances are higher.
I hope you get into FSU and move to Tallahassee. smiley

Chai, I can't wait to do so sirRiddy smiley.
Any idea on University of Nevada Reno? Anyone? Oludare01, time2smile?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 11:13pm On Feb 16, 2017
Scholastica16:
Very strange!!! Bro, LSU just lost one great candidate......I'm sure they just released you for better offers from the other schools. It's well boss! PhD Chemical Engineering right?

My profile on their site still indicates that they haven't received my transcript, and admission decision says "missing document", which is probably my unreceipted transcript. Discouraged on seeing your admission decision.... sad sad
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 11:14pm On Feb 16, 2017
jaybiz007:
My status so far:

Congrats man!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 11:28pm On Feb 16, 2017
Thanks my bosses! @ Topiipii and Cephas0009
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by dozzynet(m): 11:29pm On Feb 16, 2017
Ndawe:
Don't worry, Baba God is wrapping the whole package for delivery to you..
Greetings ma'am! Can I get TOEFL and IELTS materials from you please?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by OluDare01(m): 11:47pm On Feb 16, 2017
jaybiz007:

Chai, I can't wait to do so sirRiddy smiley.
Any idea on University of Nevada Reno? Anyone? Oludare01, time2smile?
Hey man! I know nothing about the school.
I'm in Tennessee tech

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by towbaynah(m): 12:01am On Feb 17, 2017
Scholastica16:

Better admission offers will roll in pretty soon. Keep your head up, buddy.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 12:05am On Feb 17, 2017
I know it hurts but keep hopes alive, bro! smiley
Scholastica16:

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.