Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1353326 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 6:37pm On Feb 23, 2017
sirRiddy:
More good news smiley smiley cheesy cheesy cheesy
Another PhD Chemical Engineering at K-State with an RA
hirschfelder
Let the good news keep coming in

Everybody dey pay obeisance to you; as per, Don Riddy.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 6:39pm On Feb 23, 2017
hirschfelder:
Hello house, I hope we are all doing great. So, I was accepted at KSU for PhD in Chemical Engineering and I would like to share my experience with you all, since we started this journey together and will hopefully all get into great programs at the end!
This is my second application cycle, I was rejected from all the schools I applied to for Fall, 2016. I was disconsolate as you'd imagine. Luckily, I stumbled upon this thread and gained so much information from it. I contacted a very active and helpful member, SirRiddy-he gave me some tips and suggested I re-write the GRE (my previous score was 310), IELTS-8/9.
So, I did and got a better score (332), applied to a wider range of schools and got accepted into one of them. I would like to say, happening upon this thread made all the difference. If one makes use of the information posted here judiciously, great improvements in one's profile would be made.
Soo, thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread in one way or the other! And special thanks to SirRiddy of course!!!

Congrats fellow Corrosive. I am happy for you. I don go refresh my email now now, but nothing dey there. I think it is a good sign. I believe it is. I want it to be. cry

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 6:41pm On Feb 23, 2017
Cephas0009:

I am suspecting Feb 28 for KSU and March 13 for UH smiley...

Some got it earlier then. As per UH I pray o.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 23, 2017
Scholastica16:

Everybody dey pay obeisance to you; as per, Don Riddy.
Lol. Great news.
Chemical engineering is very competitive but the guy's profile na die sef.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 6:45pm On Feb 23, 2017
Congrats to OGreene as well. University of Minnesota is a biggie!

Don't worry, the school is well funded. It will come.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 6:47pm On Feb 23, 2017
sirRiddy:

Lol. Great news.
Chemical engineering is very competitive but the guy's profile na die sef.

You can say it again.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 23, 2017
hirschfelder:
Hello house, I hope we are all doing great. So, I was accepted at KSU for PhD in Chemical Engineering and I would like to share my experience with you all, since we started this journey together and will hopefully all get into great programs at the end!
This is my second application cycle, I was rejected from all the schools I applied to for Fall, 2016. I was disconsolate as you'd imagine. Luckily, I stumbled upon this thread and gained so much information from it. I contacted a very active and helpful member, SirRiddy-he gave me some tips and suggested I re-write the GRE (my previous score was 310), IELTS-8/9.
So, I did and got a better score (332), applied to a wider range of schools and got accepted into one of them. I would like to say, happening upon this thread made all the difference. If one makes use of the information posted here judiciously, great improvements in one's profile would be made.
Soo, thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread in one way or the other! And special thanks to SirRiddy of course!!!

Congratulations to hirschfelder. I am so happy when people get funding. It gives me hope that it is possible.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 7:11pm On Feb 23, 2017
@hirschfelder. Your success story will encourage more people to keep trying. Congratulations!

@Seeker88. Any update?

@Fredoricko. You must receive funding. I deh pray for you.

@SirRiddy. Please accept our title bestowed on you. The one and only DON Riddy.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by drhopeful: 7:22pm On Feb 23, 2017
hirschfelder:
Congrats!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by drhopeful: 7:23pm On Feb 23, 2017
Hmmmmm....(scratches head because she is now bald from ripping her hair off..). No word here yet...
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 7:30pm On Feb 23, 2017
drhopeful:
Hmmmmm....(scratches head because she is now bald from ripping her hair off..). No word here yet...

...and that should be a good sign. Relax. grin
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 23, 2017
iCool:

Amen boss.
The wait is tiring. How hustle? grin
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ndawe(f): 7:36pm On Feb 23, 2017
Wow!!! Congratulations...
hirschfelder:

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 7:39pm On Feb 23, 2017
fredoricko:

Amen boss.
The wait is tiring. How hustle? grin

hahahahaha! Keep shining ya teeth...
grin

God is blessing my hustle, Cbn has released $ so I'll be needing less naira for my trip.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by jaybiz007(m): 7:45pm On Feb 23, 2017
hirschfelder:

Congrats chief smiley. I got a rejection mail from MIST today, felt really bad. cry
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 23, 2017
iCool:

hahahahaha! Keep shining ya teeth...
grin

God is blessing my hustle, Cbn has released $ so I'll be needing less naira for my trip.

I trust you.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cephas0009: 7:54pm On Feb 23, 2017
hirschfelder:

Wow! Wow!! Wow!!! Congratulations bro... Baba, did u have any previous succesful interaction/interviews with faculty member or the package just came through like that?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by OGreene: 8:03pm On Feb 23, 2017
Thanks a lot. I really do pray so

Course - MDP (Devt Practice).

Scholastica16:
Congrats to OGreene as well. University of Minnesota is a biggie!

Don't worry, the school is well funded. [/b]It will come[b].
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by hirschfelder: 8:22pm On Feb 23, 2017
Scholastica16:

Congrats fellow Corrosive. I am happy for you. I don go refresh my email now now, but nothing dey there. I think it is a good sign. I believe it is. I want it to be. cry

Thanks a lot. I'm pretty sure you will get good news pretty soon. It's rolling admissions, so no news is a good sign. Wish you all the best.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by hirschfelder: 8:25pm On Feb 23, 2017
Thanks a lot for all the good wishes, guys. I appreciate. For all those waiting, I wish you all the best and pray your hard work lands you great admissions with funding!!!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by hirschfelder: 8:27pm On Feb 23, 2017
Cephas0009:

Wow! Wow!! Wow!!! Congratulations bro... Baba, did u have any previous succesful interaction/interviews with faculty member or the package just came through like that?

Thanks a lot! No, I didn't have any previous interaction/interview with a faculty member..
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by hirschfelder: 8:32pm On Feb 23, 2017
jaybiz007:

Congrats chief smiley. I got a rejection mail from MIST today, felt really bad. cry

Thanks! It's only natural to feel bad after a reject, but of course the feeling passes away fast once you get funding from other places you got into! All the best!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by LadunaI(m): 8:39pm On Feb 23, 2017
hirschfelder:

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by EmanA1928(m): 8:40pm On Feb 23, 2017
To those getting admitted (with or without funding) congratulations
Still waiting to hear back from the universities I applied to. This waiting business is not an easy thing I must say.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Tunmise100(m): 9:27pm On Feb 23, 2017
wow congratulations broda but ur GRE score na my prayers oo. pls hw did u go abt it and did u apply for a ph.d without or with a m.sc result
hirschfelder:
wow congratulations broda but ur GRE score na my prayers oo. pls hw did u go abt it and did u apply for a ph.d without or with a m.sc result

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 9:29pm On Feb 23, 2017
hirschfelder:

Thanks a lot. I'm pretty sure you will get good news pretty soon. It's rolling admissions, so no news is a good sign. Wish you all the best.

The highlighted will really make my day if it favors me.

If I may ask, what schools did you apply to last fall year when you got all "rejects"?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 9:29pm On Feb 23, 2017
OGreene:
Thanks a lot. I really do pray so

Course - MDP (Devt Practice).

MSc or MEng?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by hirschfelder: 9:45pm On Feb 23, 2017
Scholastica16:

The highlighted will really make my day if it favors me.

If I may ask, what schools did you apply to last fall year when you got all "rejects"?

Tulane, Oklahoma State, Pittsburgh, Penn State (Yeah, I know..)
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 10:18pm On Feb 23, 2017
Congratulations hirschfelder.....I'm so happy about this. I tap into this oo grin

OGreene, congrats on your admission. The funding will fly in soonest.

Another decision (acceptance) came in from Texas A&M University Kingsville, with $1,000 scholarship and in-state tuition. Still very much hopeful for admission with better funding... wink

7 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by OGreene: 10:18pm On Feb 23, 2017
MA

Scholastica16:

MSc or MEng?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 10:27pm On Feb 23, 2017
iCool:
@hirschfelder. Your success story will encourage more people to keep trying. Congratulations!

@Seeker88. Any update?

@SirRiddy. Please accept our title bestowed on you. The one and only DON Riddy.
Looking Texas way now.... grin
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 10:31pm On Feb 23, 2017
drhopeful:
See what u have done to yourself. shocked
Don't worry, expect ur admissions/funding soon cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.