Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,316 members, 7,811,944 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1349334 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 11:51pm On Feb 23, 2017
332 gangster score... God bless your admission and funding + visa in view.... I key into it...

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cuspy(m): 11:59pm On Feb 23, 2017
Congratulations Bro.

hirschfelder:
Hello house, I hope we are all doing great. So, I was accepted at KSU for PhD in Chemical Engineering and I would like to share my experience with you all, since we started this journey together and will hopefully all get into great programs at the end!
This is my second application cycle, I was rejected from all the schools I applied to for Fall, 2016. I was disconsolate as you'd imagine. Luckily, I stumbled upon this thread and gained so much information from it. I contacted a very active and helpful member, SirRiddy-he gave me some tips and suggested I re-write the GRE (my previous score was 310), IELTS-8/9.
So, I did and got a better score (332), applied to a wider range of schools and got accepted into one of them. I would like to say, happening upon this thread made all the difference. If one makes use of the information posted here judiciously, great improvements in one's profile would be made.
Soo, thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread in one way or the other! And special thanks to SirRiddy of course!!!

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 12:23am On Feb 24, 2017
Bro, nothing from K-State yet?
jaybiz007:

Congrats chief smiley. I got a rejection mail from MIST today, felt really bad. cry
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by preciouschydo: 12:39am On Feb 24, 2017
sheeda995:
Please who is doing GRE by march, I need a study mate,and please can three weeks be enough to do revision, and practice test and score above 315in the GRr?

If this can work.. i wish to identify with it.. its so hard to cope after work stress
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by jaybiz007(m): 4:14am On Feb 24, 2017
sirRiddy:
Bro, nothing from K-State yet?
Nothing, absolutely nothing yet cry
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by OluDare01(m): 7:21am On Feb 24, 2017
Scholastica16:
Baba CuteMorgan, I have no access to my PMs. How can I be at your service?
Cutemorgan dey lab dey do research cheesy
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 7:50am On Feb 24, 2017
OluDare01:

Cutemorgan dey lab dey do research cheesy

cheesy
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 7:53am On Feb 24, 2017
hirschfelder:

Tulane, Oklahoma State, Pittsburgh, Penn State (Yeah, I know..)

Masters then or PhD as well?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 7:54am On Feb 24, 2017
jaybiz007:

Congrats chief smiley. I got a rejection mail from MIST today, felt really bad. cry

Sorry bro. What is MIST?

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 7:55am On Feb 24, 2017
seeker88:
Congratulations hirschfelder.....I'm so happy about this. I tap into this oo grin

OGreene, congrats on your admission. The funding will fly in soonest.

Another decision (acceptance) came in from Texas A&M University Kingsville, with $1,000 scholarship and in-state tuition. Still very much hopeful for admission with better funding... wink

Man of the moment.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 7:57am On Feb 24, 2017
drhopeful:
Hmmmmm....(scratches head because she is now bald from ripping her hair off..). No word here yet...

I am too certain you'd get atleast 2 of your schools. Too certain.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by hirschfelder: 9:03am On Feb 24, 2017
Tunmise100:

wow congratulations broda but ur GRE score na my prayers oo. pls hw did u go abt it and did u apply for a ph.d without or with a m.sc result

Thanks a lot. I applied for PhD while doing my masters, so...with partial MSc result.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by hirschfelder: 9:04am On Feb 24, 2017
Scholastica16:

Masters then or PhD as well?

All PhD..
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by jaybiz007(m): 9:29am On Feb 24, 2017
Scholastica16:

Sorry bro. What is MIST?
Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Abu Dhabi
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Walewummi: 10:57am On Feb 24, 2017
Anybody having Gre materials should please forward to me walexy01@gmail.com

How long would it take to study for the GRE?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by shayhune: 11:23am On Feb 24, 2017
hirschfelder:
Hello house, I hope we are all doing great. So, I was accepted at KSU for PhD in Chemical Engineering and I would like to share my experience with you all, since we started this journey together and will hopefully all get into great programs at the end!
This is my second application cycle, I was rejected from all the schools I applied to for Fall, 2016. I was disconsolate as you'd imagine. Luckily, I stumbled upon this thread and gained so much information from it. I contacted a very active and helpful member, SirRiddy-he gave me some tips and suggested I re-write the GRE (my previous score was 310), IELTS-8/9.
So, I did and got a better score (332), applied to a wider range of schools and got accepted into one of them. I would like to say, happening upon this thread made all the difference. If one makes use of the information posted here judiciously, great improvements in one's profile would be made.
Soo, thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread in one way or the other! And special thanks to SirRiddy of course!!!

Congrats bro

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Okusi(m): 11:23am On Feb 24, 2017
sheeda995:
Please who is doing GRE by march, I need a study mate,and please can three weeks be enough to do revision, and practice test and score above 315in the GRr?

holla

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Bolisticbond026: 12:47pm On Feb 24, 2017
@hirschfelder congrats bro really happy for you sir more grace to your elbow.I send a pm kindly reply need to ask you some questions.Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Allylic(f): 2:22pm On Feb 24, 2017
Wow....just stumbled on dis page and m so loving it
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Allylic(f): 2:25pm On Feb 24, 2017
Presently doing my Msc in nigeria bt planning to do my phd in canada...will take d gre exam towards d end of year...
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Battywonder(m): 4:10pm On Feb 24, 2017
cuspy:

Congratulations Bro.

TOTAL/Quay d’Orsay Scholarship for Nigerian Students in France, 2017
TOTAL E&P Nigeria Limited in partnership with the French Embassy in Nigeria is inviting applications for TOTAL/Quay d’Orsay Scholarship. This scholarship is intended for outstanding Nigerian students to pursue master’s programme in France.

The aim of the scholarship is to give strength to France-Nigeria relations.

The Embassy of France in Nigeria and Campus France, is committed to increasing Nigerian students’ mobility to France. French Embassy, has a double mission: to promote French language and francophone cultures, to relay information on franco-nigerian cooperation. The Embassy’s main aim is to give future France alumni the keys to becoming a complete success story in France and everywhere. The French embassy is one of 166 foreign representations in Nigeria, and one of 106 foreign representations in Abuja.

Course Level: These scholarships are available for pursuing master’s degree.

Study Subject: The scholarships are awarded in the following fields:

Management
International Law
Economics

Scholarship Award: These scholarships will be awarded for the 2017/2018 academic year.

Numbers of Scholarships: Three scholarships are available.

Scholarship can be taken in France.

Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following area for these scholarships:

Only Nigerian nationals are eligible to apply.
Students should have graduated between 2013 and 2016.
Must hold a first degree with at least Second class upper division relevant to the fields defined above.
Must have completed 1(one) year mandatory NYSC programme.

Nationality: Applicants of Nigeria can apply for the scholarship.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 24, 2017
hirschfelder:

Thanks a lot. I applied for PhD while doing my masters, so...with partial MSc result.
Have you started looking for accommodation yet?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cuspy(m): 4:53pm On Feb 24, 2017
Thanks for this dear friend.

Battywonder:

TOTAL/Quay d’Orsay Scholarship for Nigerian Students in France, 2017
TOTAL E&P Nigeria Limited in partnership with the French Embassy in Nigeria is inviting applications for TOTAL/Quay d’Orsay Scholarship. This scholarship is intended for outstanding Nigerian students to pursue master’s programme in France.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by cuspy(m): 4:59pm On Feb 24, 2017
Congratulations Bro.

seeker88:

Another decision (acceptance) came in from Texas A&M University Kingsville, with $1,000 scholarship and in-state tuition. Still very much hopeful for admission with better funding... wink

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 5:22pm On Feb 24, 2017
jaybiz007:

Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Abu Dhabi

Wow. I am sorry about that.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 5:24pm On Feb 24, 2017
hirschfelder:

All PhD..

Hmmm. Asked because even with 310, someone with your profile shouldn't get "all" rejects. I guess the competition in the said programs and the ranking of the school had a role to play. This is an aside from perhaps a lack of research experience at the time.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 5:25pm On Feb 24, 2017
sirRiddy:

What if MIT or some other school admits him?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 5:37pm On Feb 24, 2017
True! smiley
Scholastica16:

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by hirschfelder: 7:47pm On Feb 24, 2017
Bolisticbond026:
@hirschfelder congrats bro really happy for you sir more grace to your elbow.I send a pm kindly reply need to ask you some questions.Thanks in advance.

Thanks man. I didn't get your pm.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by hirschfelder: 7:52pm On Feb 24, 2017
Scholastica16:

Hmmm. Asked because even with 310, someone with your profile shouldn't get "all" rejects. I guess the competition in the said programs and the ranking of the school had a role to play. This is an aside from perhaps a lack of research experience at the time.

Some of the programs that bothered to respond to my inquiries about my rejected applications said my scores were too low to be competitive. My research experience is basically as it was....

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by hirschfelder: 7:54pm On Feb 24, 2017
sirRiddy:

Not really, I haven't started seriously yet.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by hirschfelder: 7:55pm On Feb 24, 2017
Scholastica16:

Lol, this is quite funny. We all know the top schools are ultra hard to get into, good scores or not.....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.