Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1348144 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 9:52pm On Feb 27, 2017
iCool:
@Scholastica16. Thanks.

How does this work??

What do I have to do?

Bug the grad coordinator.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Scholastica16: 9:52pm On Feb 27, 2017
drhopeful:
And it's Penn State breaking the ice!!!!! Acceptance with full funding for first year. Subsequent funding dependent on 3.0gpa blah blah and availability of funding..... Now I am relieved!!!! Thank you guys for all the encouragement!!!

CONGRATULATIONS.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by drhopeful: 9:57pm On Feb 27, 2017
iCool:
Decision 3/5

University of Houston, An ACCEPTANCE.

Accepted in the 3 decisions received so far - I am humbled...

Got a $1k scholarship and in-state tuition.

Congrats @iCool!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by drhopeful: 10:06pm On Feb 27, 2017
Thanks my e-family. Now I can grow back my hair!!!!

So apparently an email with the offer was sent on Feb 22 but I never received it. Anyway, just this evening, I randomly checked through all my portals as I normally do every week and saw two buttons to accept or reject offer. I literally flew out of my window. Took me sometime to wrap my head around it. I immediately called the department for clarifications. It was then I was told about the mail. Told the grad coordinator there was nothing, even in my junk folder. She just resent it with the financial package. Truth be that, I held out no hope for Penn State and Carnegie Mellon. Was busy crying over Ohio State and UVa.

Anyway, 1/6..... Keep them coming!!!

Good luck to all of us still awaiting news!!! It is well. Please keep checking your portals. U never can tell when something will pop up!

14 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by hirschfelder: 10:22pm On Feb 27, 2017
drhopeful:
And it's Penn State breaking the ice!!!!! Acceptance with full funding for first year. Subsequent funding dependent on 3.0gpa blah blah and availability of funding..... Now I am relieved!!!! Thank you guys for all the encouragement!!!

This is nice. Congrats.....

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by 234ng44uk(m): 10:34pm On Feb 27, 2017
This is huge. Well deserved. Congratulations.
drhopeful:

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 10:42pm On Feb 27, 2017
LadunaI:

Congratulations! Hope you get full scholarship on your remaining applications. All the best bro.

@scholarstica, @drhopeful , @Time2smile, @seeker88 etc soon, we'll celebrate your successes God willing.

Best of luck.
Amen!!! thanks boss!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 10:43pm On Feb 27, 2017
drhopeful:

Gbera!!!!... Dr hopeful

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by seeker88(m): 10:49pm On Feb 27, 2017
drhopeful:
This is great shocked!!!! Congratulations drhopeful.....I told you the package will come loaded and it did.
Please start working on regrowing those ripped hairs.... grin grin

Full funding to all of us ##TeamFall2017##

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by hublot(m): 10:50pm On Feb 27, 2017
drhopeful:

Congratulations!!!
kindly share your profile ??
PhD or MS ??

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by drhopeful: 11:11pm On Feb 27, 2017
hublot:

Congratulations!!!
kindly share your profile ??
PhD or MS ??

PhD Materials Engineering

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by 234ng44uk(m): 11:39pm On Feb 27, 2017
My intended course too. Did you complete any of your previous degrees in Materials Engineering? My first and second degrees were in Mechanical Engineering.
I've not taken GRE yet, what's the hurry when Fall 2017 admission is near impossible?
drhopeful:

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Okusi(m): 12:36am On Feb 28, 2017
Congrats big man

drhopeful:

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Okusi(m): 12:37am On Feb 28, 2017
oya!!! Let them know. Texas man. Congrats boss

iCool:
Decision 3/5

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by shayhune: 1:32am On Feb 28, 2017
Okusi:
Congrats big man

Lol. drhopeful na woman oo grin

drhopeful:

Congrats ma'am. Now the hair ripped off can now start growing back cheesy

iCool:

Congrats bro. E be like say Na only you waka come with all these offers.

Congrats in advance to #TeamFall2017 hopefuls.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 2:24am On Feb 28, 2017
drhopeful:

Congratulations.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 4:08am On Feb 28, 2017
drhopeful:

So apparently an email with the offer was sent on Feb 22 but I never received it. Anyway, just this evening, I randomly checked through all my portals as I normally do every week and saw two buttons to accept or reject offer. I literally flew out of my window. Took me sometime to wrap my head around it. I immediately called the department for clarifications. It was then I was told about the mail. Told the grad coordinator there was nothing, even in my junk folder. She just resent it with the financial package. Truth be that, I held out no hope for Penn State and Carnegie Mellon. Was busy crying over Ohio State and UVa.

Good luck to all of us still awaiting news!!! It is well. Please keep checking your portals. U never can tell when something will pop up!

Congratulations dear. This is a big one. I guess you feel better now. smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 4:10am On Feb 28, 2017
iCool:
Decision 3/5

Congratulations iCool.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 4:40am On Feb 28, 2017
Thank hirschfelder, Topiipii, Ladunal, Okusi, Shayhune and andradaeze. Your decisions will be sweet too.

@Topiipii. Any new update concerning funding?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iCool(m): 4:44am On Feb 28, 2017
drhopeful:
And it's Penn State breaking the ice!!!!! Acceptance with full funding for first year. Now I am relieved!!!! Thank you guys for all the encouragement!!!

Now it's in! They took so long to put together the sweet package...

Congratulations!!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by temmitats(f): 4:48am On Feb 28, 2017
[quote author=drhopeful post=5412175 up![/quote] wooow congratulations, cheesy.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cephas0009: 4:58am On Feb 28, 2017
drhopeful:

Congratulations drhopeful smiley... It came indeed in style cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by OluDare01(m): 6:05am On Feb 28, 2017
drhopeful:

Congrats!
Your head is very valid

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by jaybiz007(m): 6:07am On Feb 28, 2017
drhopeful:

CONGRATULATIONS!

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Time2Smile(m): 6:53am On Feb 28, 2017
drhopeful:
Whoa, I am so happy for you. You have put a lot into this and I am pleased you have been rewarded. Don't abandon us now. grin Please continue contributing to the forum, I really gained from your experiences and posts. Drhopeful is now Dr.inview

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by LadunaI(m): 6:53am On Feb 28, 2017
drhopeful:

Congrat...

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by hublot(m): 7:15am On Feb 28, 2017
234ng44uk:
My intended course too. Did you complete any of your previous degrees in Materials Engineering? My first and second degrees were in Mechanical Engineering.
I've not taken GRE yet, what's the hurry when Fall 2017 admission is near impossible?

That's why I asked for her profile so it could save people like me and you from asking lots of questions:

Undergrad course and GPA,
MSc GPA,
GRE (Verbal and Quant scores)
TOEFL scores
Work Experience
Papers Published
Date of application and decision date ... e.t.c

Oya drhopeful do the needful ASAP cool ... I think admits should be announced like that to save time and stress ... these threads are not fun to read at all cry but we just have to do it and contribute in anyway we can.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by 234ng44uk(m): 7:47am On Feb 28, 2017
She already stated all that, most, in her previous post. However, I support the idea of having a format to report admission decisions.

hublot:

That's why I asked for her profile so it could save people like me and you from asking lots of questions:

Undergrad course and GPA,
MSc GPA,
GRE (Verbal and Quant scores)
TOEFL scores
Work Experience
Papers Published
Date of application and decision date ... e.t.c

Oya drhopeful do the needful ASAP cool ... I think admits should be announced like that to save time and stress ... these threads are not fun to read at all cry but we just have to do it and contribute in anyway we can.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Bolisticbond026: 9:24am On Feb 28, 2017
Wow!!wow!!wow!! these are great news really happy for you guys i must confess you are all inspirational to us. Drhopeful a great lady with a lion's heart who never gives up,icool the man of the moment the guy boiling with 3/5 still counting pray you get full funding in other admissions.Please guys i think you guys should share your full experience how you started couple with your profile and how you go about talking to program directors about funding.I believe this will go along way for prospective candidate for fall 2018.Thanks in advance as you all share with the house.Congratulation to you all once again.

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Divabiola: 9:29am On Feb 28, 2017
Congrats to everyone that has been accepted and good luck to those still waiting...

To those applying in the not too distant future, please take note that it takes more than having a great GRE score to get admitted and offered funding. The application is usually considered as a whole, ensure you take time to find out about the program, get all the required documents, write a convincing SOP and be prepared to defend your decision for grad school(if need be).

I wish everyone the best of luck.

5 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sbrainy(m): 9:53am On Feb 28, 2017
Congratulations @drhopeful

I need clarifications in these area

1. How long does it take to send ones GRE score to another school?

this second is a bit long. pls read

2. I didn't register my GRE by myself, its from a consult that helps in registration . I want to send my GRE score to some other set of schools , and since I read on earlier threads here than it is cheaper to send the money via ones bank and not third party because they will charge with the parallel market rate.
I have consulted the person and he is like he cant remember the password he used to create my account but if I need to resend, I should send the money to him and he will use remember password to ask GRE to send my score to the other school.
What should I do?

Thanks in Anticipation.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Time2Smile(m): 11:00am On Feb 28, 2017
Sbrainy:
Congratulations @drhopeful

I need clarifications in these area

1. How long does it take to send ones GRE score to another school?

this second is a bit long. pls read

2. I didn't register my GRE by myself, its from a consult that helps in registration . I want to send my GRE score to some other set of schools , and since I read on earlier threads here than it is cheaper to send the money via ones bank and not third party because they will charge with the parallel market rate.
I have consulted the person and he is like he cant remember the password he used to create my account but if I need to resend, I should send the money to him and he will use remember password to ask GRE to send my score to the other school.
What should I do?

Thanks in Anticipation.

The first thing is for the person to use remember password to get a new password. The new password should be given to you, at this stage you need access to your account. Did you use BY MAFIT?

If your school has an ETS code and they are set up to receive scores electronically, it should take between 3 to 7 days. The days are for processing after payment as well as processing at the school as the electronic sending is almost instantaneous.

The last time I checked, ETS only accept Visa cards and PayPal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.