Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (366) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1347925 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DONPablosugar: 7:14pm On Apr 29, 2018
First, I congratulate you all, colleagues who have recently received good news of admission plus funding. e.g ABOLORUNKING, Akatovic1, Quoran et al.

Second, please I need help.
Can someone pls help me with how to get my transcripts evaluated by WES or NACES...
How much does it cost to evaluate my Bsc and also my Msc.
How do I pay for the transaction?
How long will it take?
Will the evaluated transcript be sent directly to the intended school by WES and will I also get a copy of the evaluated transcripts.

Third, the following nairalanders should contact me on richieohms@gmail.com for GRE preparation. I plan to write the exam soon. ( Qunlexie, Lolokike, Kcwitch, Starboychan, 4gunners, Predstan and Shamid)

Fourth, Bukyolami, sorry how your previous GRE score turned out. Contact BF Mafit on the folliwing hotlines. They are genuine. Visit their office if you can on the 3rd floor of Mann House, Ikeja. The process is simple... ( deposit the required amount which should be 45k or otherwise stated, get registered, go sit the exam) that simple.

Fifth, Quoran, sonething tempts me to try and visit you anywhere I can find you... you have diligently researched ways of processing admission in the US. We newcomers must not takr such wealth of ideas for granted. part of why I was tempted to locate you is to get first hand how you scored that high in your GRE and how long it took you to prepare after your first attempt.

Sixth, Daint, how did you pass so much? pls send me links on how to locate the jazz, I need some.

cheers

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DONPablosugar: 7:27pm On Apr 29, 2018
BF Mafit hotlines...0811 630 7744, 0805 153 5769, 0706 487 8630, 0706 337 6716, 0811 887 5007.

Samiel: TOEFL is 45k... deposit your fee into their account... they then register you... go write your exam.....and pass.

please everyone if I am to apply to 6 different schools? Am I supposed to pay for each application?

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 8:04pm On Apr 29, 2018
Time2Smile:

Congratulations, but that your GPA na die. I am so happy, I can imagine your joy and excitement. Well done. For those still awaiting decisions, keep the hope alive.

Thank you boss!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by 4gunners(m): 11:53pm On Apr 29, 2018
DONPablosugar:
First, I congratulate you all, colleagues who have recently received good news of admission plus funding. e.g ABOLORUNKING, Akatovic1, Quoran et al.

Can someone pls help me with how to get my transcripts evaluated by WES or NACES...
How long will it take?
Will the evaluated transcript be sent directly to the intended school by WES and will I also get a copy of the evaluated transcripts.

Third, the following nairalanders should contact me on richieohms@gmail.com for GRE preparation. I plan to write the exam soon. ( Qunlexie, Lolokike, Kcwitch, Starboychan, 4gunners, Predstan and Shamid)

Fourth, Bukyolami, sorry how your previous GRE score turned out. Contact BF Mafit on the folliwing hotlines. They are genuine. Visit their office if you can on the 3rd floor of Mann House, Ikeja. The process is simple... ( deposit the required amount which should be 45k or otherwise stated, get registered, go sit the exam) that simple.

Fifth, Quoran, sonething tempts me to try and visit you anywhere I can find you... you have diligently researched ways of processing admission in the US. We newcomers must not takr such wealth of ideas for granted. part of why I was tempted to locate you is to get first hand how you scored that high in your GRE and how long it took you to prepare after your first attempt.

Sixth, Daint, how did you pass so much? pls send me links on how to locate the jazz, I need some.

cheers

Anything for me bro
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 12:29am On Apr 30, 2018
Gre remains 45k toefl 40k. Get the two powerprep plus . And other materials Free of charge

Patrick.jimoh60@gmail.com

4 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 2:59am On Apr 30, 2018
Thank you so much.

DONPablosugar:

How long will it take?

cheers

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Taigreg(m): 10:08am On Apr 30, 2018
#Fall 2019....Someone please add me to the group... 08069202046. Preparation in top gear to write GRE. Going through tposts in this thread has inspired lots of confidence.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by jelmusboy(m): 10:51am On Apr 30, 2018
Why you no kuku collect the whole 5.0 CGPA smiley

Congrats

ABOLORUNKING:
Permit me to say praise the Lord "Hallelujah". I have been following this thread religiously for some time now. But somehow I have refused to share my GRE experience because of my low score.

Prior to my GRE exam I was very optimistic; I believed my minimum score would be 325 dint of my preparation and my practice test scores. However, I got a mediocre score 315. It destabilize me, because I had no contingency plans. My TOEFL score was low too very low. (I dey shame to post am self).

My initial school list was: MIT, UIUC, TAMU, Uni of Texas, Austin and UTK (ESE program at Bredesen Center).

Due to my low GRE score and lack of finance I could only apply to 3 schools - UTK, Tufts University and Uni of Akron (abeg no ask me where this school dey). I applied to RPI (free fee waiver things).

I got a rejection message from Tufts university (expected) march 6.

I later discovered that I mistakenly applied to a wrong program at UTK. I was supposed to apply to the ESE doctoral program at Bredesen Center, but, somehow I mistakenly apply to a different department. Hence, I did not even get the privilege to be rejected because my application was not reviewed.

Mind you, UTK was like my main school. I have already developed camaderie with many graduate students in the program, I talked to about two Nigerians, messaged the recruiter and also, had a prof that asked me to reply. But, my silly mistake denied opportunity to get into this program.

I got admission to Uni of Akron Feb 24th, they said their funding decision will be in later dates, I was hopeful I will get a TA position. Up till now no show, and I do not really like the school.

So I accepted my fate that I won't join Fall 2018 cohort. In fact, I bought "higher everyday" note book to start my GRE practice again with plans for fall19. I had already downloaded galvanize prep, ready4GRE, Manhattan App, Magoosh vocab. I had some text books and I made up my mind to borrow some books from the embassy.

Exactly 7:20pm today while I was reading an article on aeon.co, I received an email from Tuft University (that rejected me before), I became irate, as I thought it was a promotional message or message about our school is this or that. So, I wanted to archive the message without reading it.

But when I opened the email I saw this: "I am writing to you with excellent news from Tufts Mechanical Engineering. The school is able to provide a fellowship to offer you a place in our PhD program! A new source of funding was identified by the School."[[/b]b]

As you must already know I started crying. I called my friend already in the program and told him about it.

My story is getting too long.

Major: Mechanical Engineering
GPA: 4.84/5.0
GRE: 315 - Q 163 and V 152.
Tufts University. PhD Mechanical Engineering
Funding: fellowship

I name drop on my application to Tuft, which made the grad coordinator to ask one of her advisee (a Nigerian bearing thesame name with my paddy) if he knows me and he said no. My friend gave me this info last week and he had to email the grad coord on my behalf (he kept this away from me) telling her the he knows me and that he was the person I was referring on my SOP. He almost told her I am the best thing since slice bread.

Many thanks to Time2Smile, reDazey (My paddy, the news sweet her pass me self), Scholastica16. And everyone.

I have very sorry for not catching you guys up soon enough.

God is faithful! After giving up.

Fall 2018
Yes we Fit.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Taigreg(m): 6:46pm On Apr 30, 2018
Shanid:
Whatsaap group available for those preparing for GRE .contact me if interested lets share materials and practice together .

Kindly add me to this group.............08069202046
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 30, 2018
jelmusboy:
Why you no kuku collect the whole 5.0 CGPA smiley

Congrats

The GPA na God ooo!
Thanks a lot.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Quoran: 7:09pm On Apr 30, 2018
You attended UNIBEN?
ABOLORUNKING:

The GPA na God ooo!
Thanks a lot.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Predstan: 8:17pm On Apr 30, 2018
Anyone who can help? I don't find this GRE verbal section interesting at all.. How do I improve, my exam is on the 2nd of July. I can't even comprehend any passage when I read them less of picking out what the author might be saying... My sentence completion is also poor. I have learnt the strategies but vocabularies are just too much and I forget too quick...

The Quant section is getting more interesting.. I had my first simulation before reading and got a score of 153 in d quant section. I know I will improve to a higher score before d test.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Quoran: 8:31pm On Apr 30, 2018
You still have some months to improve your score. Kindly go through the links below. You will learn a thing or two.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-key-to-scoring-more-than-160-points-on-the-verbal-section-of-the-new-GRE

https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-increase-my-score-on-the-verbal-section-on-the-GRE

Predstan:
Anyone who can help? I don't find this GRE verbal section interesting at all.. How do I improve, my exam is on the 2nd of July. I can't even comprehend any passage when I read them less of picking out what the author might be saying... My sentence completion is also poor. I have learnt the strategies but vocabularies are just too much and I forget too quick...

The Quant section is getting more interesting.. I had my first simulation before reading and got a score of 153 in d quant section. I know I will improve to a higher score before d test.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 30, 2018
Quoran:
You attended UNIBEN?

Yep you?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Quoran: 5:57am On May 01, 2018
Yes I did
ABOLORUNKING:

Yep you?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by CoTenant: 6:55am On May 01, 2018
You Can share Rents and Accommodation This Nysc Period for free on Co-Tenant you would be making money and saving money doing so. Post your request on Nigeria Largest Apartment Sharing Platform and Connect with others..https://cotenant.com.ng/add-your-listing
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 7:01am On May 01, 2018
Quoran:
Yes I did

can you pm me abeg?

I can't send pm again.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Quoran: 9:31am On May 01, 2018
Sure. Done
ABOLORUNKING:

can you pm me abeg?

I can't send pm again.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by calculator123(m): 3:02pm On May 01, 2018
Quoran:
Kindly send me a PM. I will forward some for you to download. Cheers.
Please also forward to me geekeyes123@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by calculator123(m): 3:10pm On May 01, 2018
akatovic1:

Although I have posted my profile before, for reference purposes here is my updated profile:

First Degree
School: UNN
Course:Mechanical Engineering
CGPA:4.53

Test scores
GRE
Q:166 , V:157
TOEFL:101

Graduate School (course:Mechanical Engineering)
University of Texas, Austin(Msc/PhD):Rejected
Texas A and M, College Station (Direct PhD):Rejected
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute(Direct PhD):Accepted
University of Notre Dame(Direct PhD): Rejected
KAUST (Msc):Awaiting
person just need one school with admission with full ride and off you go...congrats

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ayo55(m): 9:39pm On May 01, 2018
Quoran:
Sure. Done

Bro plz i dont knw if i can have links to those materials too......I try sending a pm bt nt sure its going through
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by calculator123(m): 11:29pm On May 01, 2018
All this indians just dey make person fear.You go dey GRE scores like V:160,Q:170,AWA:5.5 V:165,Q:167,AWA:5 God help your boy
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iamblisz(m): 7:03am On May 02, 2018
Plz add me to the group
Metony15@yahoo.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by elevatedmind: 9:34am On May 02, 2018
I took my GRE two weeks ago. Didn't get a stellar score 307 (155Q 152V). I'm dropping my experience so that others can learn from my mistakes given the fact that I have gotten a lot of info from this trend.

My prep was good, there was a lot of improvements. I had 308 in my first powerprep and this was two months to the actual exam. Subsequently, I had 318 and 316 in ETS paper test and powerprep 2 a week to the actual exam.

What blew my prep was I didn't know when to quit. I was still going at my normal pace (reading 24/7 including night time) so a night to the exam I couldn't get 4hrs sleep. I went to the center struggling to get little sleep by any possible means (during the bus driver, while waiting for the exam to begin at the centre).

When the first math section came...... Damn......I was struggling with simple questions (2 mins passed)..... Next two math sections were medium difficulty (I knew I blew it). I later got out of the center and solved one of the question (if I post it here, you go laugh my flop die).

My advice to prospective takers is try and get enough rest to avoid throwing away weeks of prep and know when to let go during the test. Also, this trend has everything you need to Ace the test and take full length practice tests.

Also, many thanks to ponpon for the registration and to the many egbons in the house.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sherlock5577: 4:27pm On May 02, 2018
Finally I have written GRE. tongue
I just wrote mine over an hour ago and didn't meet close to my expectations.
Nice one elevatedmind for sharing. We'll just keep trying and hoping.
My scores are:
154V, 157Q. Waiting for the AWA.
The exam seemed far tougher than I anticipated. The sequence was VQVQV.
I started practising over two months back when I scored 308 on PowerPrep.
My practise tests last week and Monday (2days back) where about 320-323, so when I saw my scores it was somewhat depressing. My resolve is not broken. grin
For those yet to write, practise hard and rest well as elevatedmind mentioned. Endeavour to be at the test venue in time to collect your thoughts.
Thanks to everyone who gave out a helping hand through your advice and materials. wink

All the best to those ahead!!!
Cheers!!!

7 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Misterdhee1(m): 6:09pm On May 02, 2018
elevatedmind:
I took my GRE two weeks ago. Didn't get a stellar score 307 (155Q 152V). I'm dropping my experience so that others can learn from my mistakes given the fact that I have gotten a lot of info from this trend.

My prep was good, there was a lot of improvements. I had 308 in my first powerprep and this was two months to the actual exam. Subsequently, I had 318 and 316 in ETS paper test and powerprep 2 a week to the actual exam.

What blew my prep was I didn't know when to quit. I was still going at my normal pace (reading 24/7 including night time) so a night to the exam I couldn't get 4hrs sleep. I went to the center struggling to get little sleep by any possible means (during the bus driver, while waiting for the exam to begin at the centre).

When the first math section came...... Damn......I was struggling with simple questions (2 mins passed)..... Next two math sections were medium difficulty (I knew I blew it). I later got out of the center and solved one of the question (if I post it here, you go laugh my flop die).

My advice to prospective takers is try and get enough rest to avoid throwing away weeks of prep and know when to let go during the test. Also, this trend has everything you need to Ace the test and take full length practice tests.

Also, many thanks to ponpon for the registration and to the many egbons in the house.

Best wishes bro in your apps. What materials do you suggest for those of us looking to take gre in few months?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Macaulay10(m): 7:50pm On May 02, 2018
Sherlock5577:
Finally I have written GRE. tongue
I just wrote mine over an hour ago and didn't meet close to my expectations.
Nice one elevatedmind for sharing. We'll just keep trying and hoping.
My scores are:
154V, 157Q. Waiting for the AWA.
The exam seemed far tougher than I anticipated. The sequence was VQVQV.
I started practising over two months back when I scored 308 on PowerPrep.
My practise tests last week and Monday (2days back) where about 320-323, so when I saw my scores it was somewhat depressing. My resolve is not broken. grin
For those yet to write, practise hard and rest well as elevatedmind mentioned. Endeavour to be at the test venue in time to collect your thoughts.
Thanks to everyone who gave out a helping hand through your advice and materials. wink

All the best to those ahead!!!
Cheers!!!
Bro, are you planning towards Fall 2019 or 2018.........If 2019, have you sent your score to the selected schools on the test date? If so, how come since schools haven't opened their application for fall 2019
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by elevatedmind: 7:58pm On May 02, 2018
Misterdhee1:

Best wishes bro in your apps. What materials do you suggest for those of us looking to take gre in few months?

And please someone should add me to the group too. 09030600422

Check smallsuper posts for 170 in quant.

For verbal, official guide + official guide (verbal only), Manhattan 5lb for RC and PA practice + magoosh + word apps (magoosh app + Quizlet app - you can download Manhattan 500 advanced + 500 essential + Barron 333 high frequency) + reading articles from nytimes/aldaily.com + Princeton

For verbal, pls digest the official guide before moving to any other material. No one twists questions like ETS.

Check time2smile post for a more detailed info

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by elevatedmind: 8:00pm On May 02, 2018
Misterdhee1:

And please someone should add me to the group too. 09030600422

All you need is here

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-ii97JplpxMdzhHNnYxSUlPOEE .

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-ii97JplpxMTVhRZGplOEhPaVE/view

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Misterdhee1(m): 8:03pm On May 02, 2018
elevatedmind:

Check smallsuper posts for 170 in quant.

For verbal, official guide + official guide (verbal only), Manhattan 5lb for RC and PA practice + magoosh + word apps (magoosh app + Quizlet app - you can download Manhattan 500 advanced + 500 essential + Barron 333 high frequency) + reading articles from nytimes/aldaily.com + Princeton

For verbal, pls digest the official guide before moving to any other material. No one twists questions like ETS.

Check time2smile post for a more detailed info
Thanks bro. Pls check your pm
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by elevatedmind: 9:04pm On May 02, 2018
Misterdhee1:

Thanks bro. Pls check your pm

Replied you Sir.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sherlock5577: 11:53pm On May 02, 2018
Macaulay10:
Bro, are you planning towards Fall 2019 or 2018.........If 2019, have you sent your score to the selected schools on the test date? If so, how come since schools haven't opened their application for fall 2019
Fall19. Yes, I sent my scores to some schools.
Applications for fall19 should open between August to October I think.

(1) (2) (3) ... (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.