Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1352494 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by EduRegard: 11:20am On Oct 04, 2015
Sorry if this is derailing, Kindly check this >>> www.nairaland.com/2642347/helper-lets-together-please

Thanks.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by OnlineTeacher: 12:04pm On Oct 04, 2015
[b]THE BENEFITS OF AN ONLINE PRIVATE TUTOR. . Students are offered (qualitative) online tutorials via skype at the comfy of their homes. 2. Apart from the aforementioned, they can also be assisted with their homework/assignments. ***************************************** REQUIREMENTS: 1) For the online tutorials, all the student needs is an Internet-enabled PC (desktop/laptop) and voila, the lesson is good to go! 2) If the student needs assistance with the assignment only, the solved homework can be relayed to him/her via phone call, email, What'sApp , FB and other viable social media. ***************************************** WHY THE ONLINE TUTORIALS IS "ON POINT". ------------------------------------ (i) SAFETY: In as much as the tutor, whom you scarcely know from Adam in the first instance, WON'T HAVE ACESS to your house, you are rest assured that you, your wards and your properties are safe from CRIMINALS (robbers, rapists, pedophiles, kidnappers etc) disguised as Tutors. (ii) COMPUTER COMPLIANCE. Due to the fact that the mode of interaction between pupil(s) and tutor is the computer/Internet, the pupil tends to be computer savvy at the end of the day. *****************************************[/b]
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by topsquino(m): 5:04pm On Oct 04, 2015
hI,

if you want to sell your Magoosh account or if you want to give it out for free, please send me a message
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by holychic: 12:50pm On Oct 07, 2015
Hello house, please can anyone help me with Magoosh study materials.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cephas0009: 1:13pm On Oct 07, 2015
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ishowdels(m): 1:48pm On Oct 07, 2015
holychic:
Hello house, please can anyone help me with Magoosh study materials.

This is the link to the magoosh video.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hrtbu4cofx7gxu0/AAAPJk3ZAcBsjnrEp5VG2q7na?dl=0

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Ishowdels(m): 1:49pm On Oct 07, 2015
Cephas0009:
The link to the videos: http://www.incallnetworkng.com/talentscout/
I've dropped the link sir,this should be a mistake.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by holychic: 3:15pm On Oct 07, 2015
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by holychic: 3:27pm On Oct 07, 2015
The link is not the right link for the GRE study materials. please can you also send for practice materials.
Cephas0009:

The link to the videos:
http://www.incallnetworkng.com/talentscout/
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cool2015(m): 11:19pm On Oct 07, 2015
godG:
I have a premium Magoosh plan - $99 - that expires next year. I hope to give it to anyone interested after my test in mid-November.
Bros, I'm taking the GRE this month end. Can I make use of ur Magoosh account for a week pls.
Thank u
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cephas0009: 8:24pm On Oct 08, 2015
holychic:
The link is not the right link for the GRE study materials. please can you also send for practice materials.

Oops! My bad, I must have copied the wrong thing. Apologies for wasting your mb wink
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cool2015(m): 12:31am On Oct 10, 2015
Cephas0009:

Oops! My bad, I must have copied the wrong thing. Apologies for wasting your mb wink

U knew about this and u r pretending!!!! Na wa ooo
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cephas0009: 6:58am On Oct 10, 2015
Cool2015:

U knew about this and u r pretending!!!! Na wa ooo

Lol smiley, I will take ur criticism in good faith... Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cephas0009: 4:41pm On Oct 11, 2015
So I eventually wrote the GRE yday V-147 Q-158.

My Experience...

Well about 3months ago just after taking my ielts, it dawned on me that I will be needing the GRE too 4 my admission. Let me quickly add too that by then, I no next to nothing about the GRE not even the meaning of the acronym. So I started to google tips on how to ace d gre, eventually I came across this thread and it took me about a day to read all the comments 4rm page 0 to 7 then, without hesitation I followed the thread and got my 1st set of materials here (every oda materials I used too was 4rm here anyways). I was so naive and after speaking with SirRiddy and a couple of friends here, I was encouraged to register.

Preparations
Bulk of my preparations were based on d ETS handbook and d magoosh videos and about a month to d exam wen I took d powerprep test, my score was V-147 Q-163, I obtained about same score with the Baron GRE software too. Obviously, d verbal was my weakness and I intensified efforts to boost my score to about 153 @least
For the list of words. I love playing mobile games so much, so i got the magood vocab android apps and each time I get d urge to pllay games, I just launch d app. I was able to learn d words and I think it contains about 1000words.

Lesson Learnt
Not until last Thursday, I was struggling hard with d verbal, I never wanted to admit that I was weak. By the time I started applying the strategies 4rm book(s) and as expected it began yielding results but that was few days to d exam.
Also with d scores I was getting 4rm d Quant, I became complacent and relaxed preparation efforts and focused more on d quant. Did it affect me? Well, mayb...

Recommendations
Regardless of whatever fore knowledge you have about gre prior to now, I can assure u dat everything u need to excel u can find in dis group.
Also never let go of prayers in all u do. Whether u have a good gre score or not, 'alubarika olohun lo ju' (God's blessings is the ultimate), so don't let anything deprive u of ur happiness.

Credits and Honorable Mentions.
Honourable thread creator, SirRiddy, Dicapino, everyone b4 me dat have shared their experiences, and to every member of this team dat has commented on the thread. Ese gan, thank you all. 1love, see u all @ d top.

Cephas

9 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 11, 2015
Congrats Cephas009 Thank you for sharing your experience.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cool2015(m): 6:27pm On Oct 11, 2015
Congrats cepha, thanks for sharing ur xperience.

Is it true that the maths problems in official GRE quant by ets and the ones in the actual GRE exam are of the same level of difficulty? Since u made mention of using the ets books for prep.

Thank u.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cephas0009: 8:17pm On Oct 11, 2015
Yes very true... M surprised u didn't av doubts dis time tho cheesy
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cool2015(m): 8:00am On Oct 12, 2015
Cephas0009:
Yes very true... M surprised u didn't av doubts dis time tho cheesy

I'm beginning to have doubt now bcus I read on magoosh blog books review that the official GRE quant practice questions r more difficult than the ones in actual GRE exam. And u r saying that they r at the same level of difficulty.
Your own view maybe be right thou since people have different ways of looking at things and may not always have the same answer.

Others pls what can u say about this comparison?
Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 12, 2015
Cool2015:

I'm beginning to have doubt now bcus I read on magoosh blog books review that the official GRE quant practice questions r more difficult than the ones in actual GRE exam. And u r saying that they r at the same level of difficulty.
Your own view maybe be right thou since people have different ways of looking at things and may not always have the same answer.

Others pls what can u say about this comparison?
Thanks

The actual GRE quantitative is as simple as the official quant. Only try be wary of careless mistakes. That magoosh review was posted years back, and the GRE quant is taking a new dimension, although still smiple.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cephas0009: 9:15am On Oct 12, 2015
stolid:

The actual GRE quantitative is as simple as the official quant. Only try be wary of careless mistakes. That magoosh review was posted years back, and the GRE quant is taking a new dimension, although still smiple.

Tor, d guy has really got trust issues

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cool2015(m): 1:17pm On Oct 12, 2015
Cephas0009:

Tor, d guy has really got trust issues

Lol. It's difficult to trust people in Nigeria.
I can trust a Nigerian in other civilized countries buh I may not trust a Nigerian in Nigeria.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cool2015(m): 1:25pm On Oct 12, 2015
stolid:

Yea! Their questions r simple but tricky.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cephas0009: 4:23pm On Oct 12, 2015
Cool2015:

Lol. It's difficult to trust people in Nigeria.
I can trust a Nigerian in other civilized countries buh I may not trust a Nigerian in Nigeria.

Your philosophy, your business cool
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 13, 2015
I finished my Test a while ago. My experience: GRE quant isn't really as difficult in contrast with the materials I prepared with. Most of 5lb and other materials are not truly representative of the actual test. Magoosh is cool to a large extent. I wasn't happy with my Quant score, I aimed for at least 160 but scored 156. The format I got was VQVQV. The first verbal was so tough. This really affected my composure, it turned out to be the experimental section after all. My verbal score was 154. That's an aggregate of 310. I'm applying to a number of Texan Schools....my discipline is Engineering. I don't know how 154 will affect my chances. I regret not paying attention to silly mistakes... To those hoping to write..... I'll reiterate you stick with magoosh and ETS materials alone. Magoosh mimics ETS tricks "quite" well. So if you've got the money you can subscribe to one of their plans...... or do it the way I did. You wouldn't spend more than 2500....I'm ready to share the Google Drive folders with anyone. Freely I received, freely I'll give. All you need is a data plan and a PC. For verbal I'll strongly advise you download the MAGOOSH "GRE vocabulary" app from play store, you can download the "Vocabulary Builder" app too, but don't use the latter until you've mastered the GRE vocabulary. No word was strange to me on the Test. So that's about it from here. Cheers.

9 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 13, 2015
I nid oo... Sent a pm
ProfTPE:
I finished my Test a while ago. My experience: GRE quant isn't really as difficult in contrast with the materials I prepared with. Most of 5lb and other materials are not truly representative of the actual test. Magoosh is cool to a large extent. I wasn't happy with my Quant score, I aimed for at least 160 but scored 154. The format I got was VQVQV. The first verbal was so tough. This really affected my composure, it turned out to be the experimental section after all. My verbal score was 156. That's an aggregate of 310. I'm applying to a number of Texan Schools....my discipline is Engineering. I don't know how 154 will affect my chances. I regret not paying attention to silly mistakes... To those hoping to write..... I'll reiterate you stick with magoosh and ETS materials alone. Magoosh mimics ETS tricks "quite" well. So if you've got the money you can subscribe to one of their plans...... or do it the way I did. You wouldn't spend more than 2500....I'm ready to share the Google Drive folders with anyone. Freely I received, freely I'll give. All you need is a data plan and a PC. For verbal I'll strongly advise you download the "GRE vocabulary" app from play store, you can download the "Vocabulary Builder" app too, but don't use the latter until you've mastered the GRE vocabulary. No word was strange to me on the Test. So that's about it from here. Cheers.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 13, 2015
Also if your mangosh account is still available
ProfTPE:
I finished my Test a while ago. My experience: GRE quant isn't really as difficult in contrast with the materials I prepared with. Most of 5lb and other materials are not truly representative of the actual test. Magoosh is cool to a large extent. I wasn't happy with my Quant score, I aimed for at least 160 but scored 154. The format I got was VQVQV. The first verbal was so tough. This really affected my composure, it turned out to be the experimental section after all. My verbal score was 156. That's an aggregate of 310. I'm applying to a number of Texan Schools....my discipline is Engineering. I don't know how 154 will affect my chances. I regret not paying attention to silly mistakes... To those hoping to write..... I'll reiterate you stick with magoosh and ETS materials alone. Magoosh mimics ETS tricks "quite" well. So if you've got the money you can subscribe to one of their plans...... or do it the way I did. You wouldn't spend more than 2500....I'm ready to share the Google Drive folders with anyone. Freely I received, freely I'll give. All you need is a data plan and a PC. For verbal I'll strongly advise you download the "GRE vocabulary" app from play store, you can download the "Vocabulary Builder" app too, but don't use the latter until you've mastered the GRE vocabulary. No word was strange to me on the Test. So that's about it from here. Cheers.
Your score is very good, esp the verbal but the quantitative means u will av to apply to mid tier schools tho gre is nt the only thing they look at... Ur transcripts can back you up and you can boost chance if you can take gre subject test for math

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cephas0009: 5:52pm On Oct 13, 2015
ProfTPE:

Congratulations friend... with310 u r good to go sir! U can try out Arlington Texas or UH... all d best smiley Happy 4 u

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cool2015(m): 8:11am On Oct 14, 2015
ProfTPE:
I finished my Test a while ago. My experience: GRE quant isn't really as difficult in contrast with the materials I prepared with. Most of 5lb and other materials are not truly representative of the actual test. Magoosh is cool to a large extent. I wasn't happy with my Quant score, I aimed for at least 160 but scored 154. The format I got was VQVQV. The first verbal was so tough. This really affected my composure, it turned out to be the experimental section after all. My verbal score was 156. That's an aggregate of 310. I'm applying to a number of Texan Schools....my discipline is Engineering. I don't know how 154 will affect my chances. I regret not paying attention to silly mistakes... To those hoping to write..... I'll reiterate you stick with magoosh and ETS materials alone. Magoosh mimics ETS tricks "quite" well. So if you've got the money you can subscribe to one of their plans...... or do it the way I did. You wouldn't spend more than 2500....I'm ready to share the Google Drive folders with anyone. Freely I received, freely I'll give. All you need is a data plan and a PC. For verbal I'll strongly advise you download the MAGOOSH "GRE vocabulary" app from play store, you can download the "Vocabulary Builder" app too, but don't use the latter until you've mastered the GRE vocabulary. No word was strange to me on the Test. So that's about it from here. Cheers.

Nice score bro. Goodluck in ur application for schools.

Pls send me the magoosh materials. Kindly help with ur magoosh account also if u have one.
My email is slot440 at yahoo dot com. I sent u pm check it.
Thank u
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 14, 2015
I recommend magoosh, ets material and manhattan gre something. Forgotten the name. It's a gre quant question book. Quant is not my strong point. Verbal has been my strong point since I was born.

My scores were 157Q, 167V and 4.0AWA. Don't know what happened with AWA ooo.

6 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by busdebbie(f): 10:02am On Oct 14, 2015
hello
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 14, 2015
Your verbal scores ehn!
You need to really tutor us here o.
Kai!
Fortissimo:
I recommend magoosh, ets material and manhattan gre something. Forgotten the name. It's a gre quant question book. Quant is not my strong point. Verbal has been my strong point since I was born.

My scores were 157Q, 167V and 4.0AWA. Don't know what happened with AWA ooo.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 14, 2015
Thank you for sharing your experience.
God bless you.
For future test takers:
If you can afford the 100 dollars, please go for
the magoosh premium plan, it is worth it.
I wish I did not do aroro then.
ProfTPE:
I finished my Test a while ago. My experience: GRE quant isn't really as difficult in contrast with the materials I prepared with. Most of 5lb and other materials are not truly representative of the actual test. Magoosh is cool to a large extent. I wasn't happy with my Quant score, I aimed for at least 160 but scored 154. The format I got was VQVQV. The first verbal was so tough. This really affected my composure, it turned out to be the experimental section after all. My verbal score was 156. That's an aggregate of 310. I'm applying to a number of Texan Schools....my discipline is Engineering. I don't know how 154 will affect my chances. I regret not paying attention to silly mistakes... To those hoping to write..... I'll reiterate you stick with magoosh and ETS materials alone. Magoosh mimics ETS tricks "quite" well. So if you've got the money you can subscribe to one of their plans...... or do it the way I did. You wouldn't spend more than 2500....I'm ready to share the Google Drive folders with anyone. Freely I received, freely I'll give. All you need is a data plan and a PC. For verbal I'll strongly advise you download the MAGOOSH "GRE vocabulary" app from play store, you can download the "Vocabulary Builder" app too, but don't use the latter until you've mastered the GRE vocabulary. No word was strange to me on the Test. So that's about it from here. Cheers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.