Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,328 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (387) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1350948 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kaydp: 11:30am On Jul 16, 2018
Hello, does anyone have info on how to get solutions to the practise questions on gre.kmf.com site. I checked but I couldn't find any. Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by tufin: 4:31pm On Jul 16, 2018
Let's talk. I will be glad to help smiley

hotboss:
Anyone admitted to university of Idaho going this fall? Or studying there?

Anyone with advise as per going to this school?

Ease brothers help I also need to connect
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Haryormeedey(m): 9:12am On Jul 17, 2018
Hi guys, you guys are doing a great job here, I will be rounding up my HND program next year. So am thinking of preparing myself for the GRE exams now so I can take it next year. My target is fall2020.

What books will you guys recommend considering the fact that I wanna buy hardcopies of those books

Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Olalekank(m): 4:52pm On Jul 17, 2018
Haryormeedey:
Hi guys, you guys are doing a great job here, I will be rounding up my HND program next year. So am thinking of preparing myself for the GRE exams now so I can take it next year. My target is fall2020.

What books will you guys recommend considering the fact that I wanna buy hardcopies of those books

Thanks
What course? We're in the same shoes as for the fall 2020.

Go through the thread and you'd find load$ of materials needed. You can also shoot me a mail @ pacholekan007@gmail.com lemme send you the link to to books.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by AYORICH: 5:10pm On Jul 17, 2018
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Olalekank(m): 5:16pm On Jul 17, 2018
I'd like to ask a question please. Is it possible for me to pay for GRE with BY Mafit and write the exam in November?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by hotboss: 5:30pm On Jul 17, 2018
tufin:
Let's talk. I will be glad to help smiley

How do we connect please
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by shakaz(m): 5:44pm On Jul 17, 2018
Anyone here in Port harcourt preparing for GRE ?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by pronto543(m): 6:34pm On Jul 17, 2018
kaydp:
Hello, does anyone have info on how to get solutions to the practise questions on gre.kmf.com site. I checked but I couldn't find any. Thanks

Hello, I checked the site but I could not decipher a single thing. Everything is written in Chinese. Please how did you change the language to English?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by pronto543(m): 6:36pm On Jul 17, 2018
Hello peeps, Please which online site can I get quality GRE practice questions. My exam is on August 9th. I eagerly await your responses. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kaydp: 6:52pm On Jul 17, 2018
pronto543:

Hello, I checked the site but I could not decipher a single thing. Everything is written in Chinese. Please how did you change the language to English?
Translator on google chrome browser. It automatically translates the page contents to English.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kaydp: 6:53pm On Jul 17, 2018
pronto543:
Hello peeps, Please which online site can I get quality GRE practice questions. My exam is on August 9th. I eagerly await your responses. Thanks in anticipation.
There are enough questions on that site to practise with.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by MasterforceII: 7:57pm On Jul 17, 2018
Olalekank:
I'd like to ask a question please. Is it possible for me to pay for GRE with BY Mafit and write the exam in November?

Yes it is.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Quoran: 8:07pm On Jul 17, 2018
So my post was hidden because I wrote about research positions available in a US university. I don't know how that violates nairaland rules.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kaydp: 10:02pm On Jul 17, 2018
Quoran:
So my post was hidden because I wrote about research positions available in a US university. I don't know how that violates nairaland rules.
Really? I guess you should mention the mod.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by gradvisors: 6:46am On Jul 19, 2018
Hi guys,

We noticed that a lot of the members on this thread are interested in higher education. We are a group of two people (husband and wife) who have both completed our masters in USA and own a small blog at https://www.thegradvisors.com. It has a bunch of articles on topics that may be helpful to the members here. We write on topics ranging from preparation tips for GRE/TOEFL and writing good Statement of Purpose to how to plan your travel for your first trip as a graduate student and what to expect from the American Education system. Feel free to check it out and ask us any questions that you might have around this. Our intention is just to help students like us to realize their higher education dreams and provide a platform for high quality content to them.

Thanks,
Gradvisors

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by md17: 8:07pm On Jul 19, 2018
Good evening e-fam. Please I need urgent response to a Q. My GRE is coming up in Sept. and I'm narrowing down schools to apply to. My proposed course is MS Biotechnology, and I've spoken to a few grad coord (especially because of my low GPA of 2.8/4). I’m one of the no funding, no going set of people.

Advice and suggestions are welcome please!

Here is my current profile:

Undergraduate Major: Microbiology
Proposed MS Major: Biotechnology
GPA: 2.8/4
GRE: Writing by Sept
Year of graduation: 2014
NYSC completion: 2016
Work Experience: One year as Research Assistant and 1+ years working in a Biomedical Research firm.

Does anyone know how i can go about getting funding. Few graduate coords that I spoke with only mentioned that my GRE score and SOP will go a long way in determining if I will be admitted. I don't want to ruin the conversation by asking if I'll qualify for funding, because many grad coords did not even respond to my mail which discussed availability of funding.

Kindly help o, 'cos I've been on this issue since 2016.

Danjaninja, ponpon, justwise, lagosismyhome, sirriddy, aanexplus, quoran, RexCheeng, mfarad, drhopeful, Time2Smile, jaybiz007, et al.....
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by mfarad(m): 9:42pm On Jul 19, 2018
md17:
Good evening e-fam. Please I need urgent response to a Q. My GRE is coming up in Sept. and I'm narrowing down schools to apply to. My proposed course is MS Biotechnology, and I've spoken to a few grad coord (especially because of my low GPA of 2.8/4). I’m one of the no funding, no going set of people.

ponpon, justwise, lagosismyhome, sirriddy, aanexplus, quoran, RexCheeng, mfarad, drhopeful, Time2Smile, jaybiz007, et al.....

I second the grad coords on the impact of a good GRE score and a solid SOP. From your profile, I see you have some research experience. Sell it to PIs! Let any faculty you contact know about your research experience and how it relates to their research (peruse their publications on ResearchGate )... Hence, for funding, you should be contacting faculty in research areas that closely aligns with yours, not the grad coordinator. The Grad/program coordinator is more like a gate keeper except his/her research area is of interest to you. You may ask Grad coords about general funding scenario in their program e.g in some programs, only PhDs are funded.

All the best in your GRE!

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by md17: 10:55pm On Jul 19, 2018
Thank for the input bruv.
mfarad:

I second the grad coords on the impact of a good GRE score and a solid SOP. From your profile, I see you have some research experience. Sell it to PIs! Let any faculty you contact know about your research experience and how it relates to their research (peruse their publications on ResearchGate )... Hence, for funding, you should be contacting faculty in research areas that closely aligns with yours, not the grad coordinator. The Grad/program coordinator is more like a gate keeper except his/her research area is of interest to you. You may ask Grad coords about general funding scenario in their program e.g in some programs, only PhDs are funded.

All the best in your GRE!

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by md17: 11:40pm On Jul 19, 2018

Work Experience: One year as Research Assistant and 1+ years working in a Biomedical Research firm.

Does anyone know how i can go about getting funding. Few graduate coords that I spoke with only mentioned that my GRE score and SOP will go a long way in determining if I will be admitted. I don't want to ruin the conversation by asking if I'll qualify for funding, because many grad coords did not even respond to my mail which discussed availability of funding.

walspring, Danjaninja, ponpon, justwise, lagosismyhome, sirriddy, aanexplus, quoran, RexCheeng, mfarad, drhopeful, Time2Smile, jaybiz007, et al.....
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Olalekank(m): 1:25pm On Jul 20, 2018
md17:

walspring, Danjaninja, ponpon, justwise, lagosismyhome, sirriddy, aanexplus, quoran, RexCheeng, mfarad, drhopeful, Time2Smile, jaybiz007, et al.....

I think you need to research. Your research would count when you're applying. There are some schools that accept minimum of 2.75 which your CGPA meets. This is also the time to start mailing graduate coordinators and potential supervisors.

Cheers and goodluck!

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by aanexplus(m): 3:23am On Jul 21, 2018
Olalekank:

I think you need to research. Your research would count when you're applying. There are some schools that accept minimum of 2.75 which your CGPA meets. This is also the time to start mailing graduate coordinators and potential supervisors.

Cheers and goodluck!

Well said. Some schools accept 2.75. Just dig deeper. And make sure you ace your gre
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 21, 2018
Hello,

I need hard copy of GRE material, if you have it and want to dispose, I can pay some things.
olugere@gmail.com or WhatsApp me 08154014637
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 21, 2018
Plz which website is good to look for courses or to choose university in USA
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by drhammed: 9:52am On Jul 21, 2018
olugere:
Plz which website is good to look for courses or to choose university in USA

Try www.msinus.com

Goodluck
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 21, 2018
Thanks, any other websites

drhammed:

Try www.msinus.com

Goodluck
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by iamblisz(m): 2:45pm On Jul 23, 2018
I took my first prep test and it's not encouraging at all, it's as if I have been wasting my time, after all this months of reading and depriving myself of sleep. This is really frustrating.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Remen: 5:51pm On Jul 23, 2018
Hello, please confirm if ets website is the valid website for gre registration and also if the general paper is computer based. Thanks.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Olalekank(m): 5:57pm On Jul 23, 2018
iamblisz:
I took my first prep test and it's not encouraging at all, it's as if I have been wasting my time, after all this months of reading and depriving myself of sleep. This is really frustrating.

It's understandable. No need to be disappointed but rather be glad that you were able to identify your weaknesses. Look at the questions/topics you didn't perform well in and try to cover them.

All the best in your GRE.

Practice Practice Practice.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Olalekank(m): 6:02pm On Jul 23, 2018
Remen:
Hello, please confirm if ets website is the valid website for gre registration and also if the general paper is computer based. Thanks.
There are dates available on the website and the general test is computer based except if you're interested in the paper based which takes quite a while before result comes out.

The most recommended is the computer based cos you can instantly see your scores and can send your results to up to 4 schools.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Remen: 6:19pm On Jul 23, 2018
Thank u. What if I am not ready to send to any school right after the GRE. Can I send it later.
Olalekank:
There are dates available on the website and the general test is computer based except if you're interested in the paper based which takes quite a while before result comes out.

The most recommended is the computer based cos you can instantly see your scores and can send your results to up to 4 schools.

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.