Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,315 members, 7,822,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (410) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1355398 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by isangjohnson: 2:16pm On Sep 16, 2018
Thanks for the help @ Olalekank
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Olalekank(m): 2:41pm On Sep 16, 2018
Sugahylz:

Hi there, please which center(s) charge 50k?
BY MAFIT
A simple google search would do.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Patrick2go: 3:05pm On Sep 16, 2018
Spotlighte:

I didn't see any mail hun. Please resend.

I just resent and it says "You have sent too many anonymous mails. Please wait"

Please kindly send a mail me: pa3rkdphenom@yahoo.com

Thanks.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 16, 2018
Sugahylz:

Hi there, please which center(s) charge 50k?

Ponpon has better discount too
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Mathew2307: 5:15pm On Sep 16, 2018
Register and thank me After the program

EducationUSA Graduate College Fair- Island
by EducationUSA - U.S. Consulate General
Free

DATE AND TIME
Mon, September 24, 2018

[/b]2:30 PM – 5:00 PM WAT[/b]

8/9 Marina Road

Lagos Island

Lagos

DESCRIPTION

This Fair is open only to graduates of any accredited University who want to do a Masters or Doctoral Program in the United States. Several U.S. Higher Education Institutions will be here to recruit competitive students. Attendees can meet with them one on one to discuss their study plans and find the best fit.

FAQs

Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?

No. As long as you are a current undergraduate student or you have graduated from an accredited university anywhere in the world, you are welcome to attend the Graduate Fair.

Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?

Yes. It will give you access to the event venue. If you don't bring it, you would have to spend precious time standing on a queue to register at the door.

Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable?

No. Each attendee must register in order to attend.

Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn't match the person who attends?

No. The name on the ticket and the attendee must match.

Some Universities offer application fee waivers to attendees of such events so it is in your best interest to be the one benefitting.

http:///2PxY9Bz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 4:26am On Sep 17, 2018
40 naira only sir
daseento:

Mr Ponpon, is your TOEFL service still available at the reduce rate ?

And do you pay for IELTS too ?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DARKLASER: 2:40pm On Sep 17, 2018
Good day guys, so I registered for the GRE early this month, exam is on the 7th of Nov (God help me cry )
Studying hasn't been easy cos of ppa palava. But boys will survive.
Course- Petroleum and gas engineering
Cgpa- 3.77/4.00(Wes unofficial)
Target-Msc/PhD
I actually had some schools in mind but I've been having second thoughts on if I should continue in the oil and gas field or diverge to something else. Especially when I read posts from scholastica16 and other guys about how petroleum has casted.
Time is not really on my side as there are other aspects of the application that I haven't even begun.
I would sincerely appreciate any advice as I'll continue to search and look inward as to what I really want.
Thanks and God bless.

cc Scholastica16, ponpon, akatovic, sir riddy, dremanuel...
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by sontoly: 4:12pm On Sep 17, 2018
Mikkyboy:
Hi all,
I'm a silent but ardent follower and reader of this thread.
i'm a very busy person so I didnt have all the time to prepare for my GRE and TOEFL.
GRE:
Preparation time : almost 3 months off and on cry
Scores:Q :152 V : 152 : AW :3.0\
Materials Used : All materials from nairaland.
Lesson Learnt: I didn't devote time for practice.I did only two PowerPrep tests,(not full tests).In summary my prep was awful.
TOEFL :
Preparation time: 1 week
SCORES :Reading:26 Listening: 28 Speaking : 26 Writing : 28
Materials Used : Notefull Videos
Lesson Learnt : No need to Study too much for TOEFL if you actually graduated from university and earned your degree.Just understand the exam setup.

GPA: UG: 3.3/4.0
PG (Msc): about 3.68/4.0

On Applications:
I cannot over emphasis what I've gained from this forum.It has been said time without number contact Profs that you hope to do research with.
With this in mind I contacted profs,some replied while some didn't. But fortunately for me even before applying, I can say I already have two profs that have accepted me already with funding I hope.(because this is the koko, and we discussed about it already).
On this note I wish all 2019 hopefulls all the best in this application round.

I hope to comment in the future that one of our veterans here came to pick me up at JFK..(winks)

(Make Una no vex oooo, before people go bombard me say i no come post here since..lol...I no get time ni o...and i dont have excuse to give for not posting......so my apologies.Thanks for accepting my apologies in advance)

Thanks to : PonPon,Quoran,Drhopeful,cutemorgan,thegrandchemist,ndawe and all of you who have commented or given useful advise on this thread.
For future readers: if this thread gets to 1000 pages, please and please read all pages and you will never regret you did.You will be in a position to advise others.

Hi, can you please share some of the materials used in preparation,
kindly send it to sontoly@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Officialhow(m): 6:17pm On Sep 17, 2018
DARKLASER
Preparing has not been so easy too and my exam is Nov 07 too.
The scope i use for studying is I stay back at work to study when my colleagues are gone and leave by past 7.
Cos i dont get the strength to read again when i get home owing to the stressful day at work and stress going back from yaba to ikd.
Buh i know for sure that we'll share our testimonies last last.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Princelyod(m): 7:03pm On Sep 17, 2018
Glocal1:
Drop ur mail with @Danjaninja on d thread.
Princelyod.Pa@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Spotlighte: 8:04pm On Sep 17, 2018
Officialhow:
DARKLASER
The scope i use for studying is I stay back at work to study when my colleagues are gone and leave by past 7.
Cos i dont get the strength to read again when i get home owing to the stressful day at work and stress going back from yaba to ikd.
If this isn't the story of my life.
Everyday I regret not writing this GRE before NYSC.

You even have time to read. I almost do not. cry
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DARKLASER: 4:14am On Sep 18, 2018
Officialhow:
DARKLASER
Mehn, Lagos hustle, my own even better small. It is well bruv.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by mayowa94: 10:25am On Sep 19, 2018
Good day guys, please i need the list of materials that i can study for GRE and also where to download the materials.

NB: I have about 8 months to prepare so i want to start my preparation soon. Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by BukTenny01: 11:19am On Sep 19, 2018
rasheedtobi:

Send PM
[q
rasheedtobi:

Send PM
uote author=rasheedtobi post=71210137]

Send PM[/quote] Hello Rasheedtobi, kindly assist with a contact person for Lautech's MBA transcript processing.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by mfarad(m): 3:21pm On Sep 19, 2018
Hi everyone!

I came across these GRE tips from one of the Elders of the thread (Time2Smile):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-ii97JplpxMTVhRZGplOEhPaVE/view

All the best!

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Remen: 6:26pm On Sep 19, 2018
I applied for the GRE test today.. The earliest available date for my location is Oct 31st and I used my visa card to apply via the ETS site.. All I have to do is study, study and study... Bachelor GPA is 4.12/5 and my discipline is chemical engineering.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Spotlighte: 7:16pm On Sep 19, 2018
Remen:
I applied for the GRE test today.. The earliest available date for my location is Oct 31st and I used my visa card to apply via the ETS site.. All I have to do is study, study and study... Bachelor GPA is 4.12/5 and my discipline is chemical engineering.
Wow Bruh.

Success!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by lexychuks(m): 7:33pm On Sep 19, 2018
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Epithet: 10:59pm On Sep 19, 2018
lexychuks:
Hi guys. I'm new here. I have a question... I finished with a CGPA 3.32/5. I did the unofficial WES Evaluation and my gpa was 3.06/4. I really need to confirm if this can actually be possible because most schools in the US require at least 3/4 GPA for Msc. Thanks

Yeah sure. WES isn't ratio and proportion more about the last 60 hours of your degree. So it's quite possible.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 5:09pm On Sep 20, 2018
Keep the mails coming through.... GRE 45k TOEFL 40K...

Nothing beats that...

Patrick.jimoh60@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sugahylz(f): 4:13pm On Sep 21, 2018
Remen:

31st...I’m guessing PH
All the best
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Remen: 4:34pm On Sep 21, 2018
Yes PH...I guess we are together in this.
Sugahylz:

31st...I’m guessing PH
All the best
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Soluadebayo: 7:41pm On Sep 21, 2018
Remen:
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sugahylz(f): 9:19pm On Sep 21, 2018
Remen:

Lol yes
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by omofola93: 4:14pm On Sep 23, 2018
Hi guys, has anyone done wes evaluation recently? Please how do I go about the waec evaluation.?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DONPablosugar: 6:51pm On Sep 23, 2018
Hey guys...greetings. Pls I have another quantitative question that gave me tough time. Under GRE maths review for Data Analysis.

1. Let A,B,C,D be events for which
P(A or B)= 0.6
P(A)= 0.2
P(C or D)= 0.6
P(C)= 0.5
The events A and B are mutually exclusive and the events C and D are independent. Find P(D).
*[the answer at the back of the book is 0.2]* I mistakenly got 0.1 at first... which was easily a trap...but later having checked the answer I configured my brain... knowing fully well that ETS makes no mistakes in her books.

2. If (-13) is divided by 3. Find the remainder.
*[ the answer is not (-1). That was another trap. The answer at the back =2]*

please do kindly explain the tactics that suggest those ETS answers.

My exam is in November... but for now I don chop the registration money. Perhaps Ponpon go sort me on credit.

Fall 2019, yes we can.
cheers
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sammiel: 7:47pm On Sep 23, 2018
ponpon:
Keep the mails coming through.... GRE 45k TOEFL 40K...

Nothing beats that...

Patrick.jimoh60@gmail.com
I shall contact you early next month by God's grace. My GRE application is long overdue, if I don't decide now then I may spend my entire life procastinating and making excuses.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 7:50pm On Sep 23, 2018
No credit today come tomorrow
DONPablosugar:
Hey guys...greetings. Pls I have another quantitative question that gave me tough time. Under GRE maths review for Data Analysis.

1. Let A,B,C,D be events for which
P(A or B)= 0.6
P(A)= 0.2
P(C or D)= 0.6
P(C)= 0.5
The events A and B are mutually exclusive and the events C and D are independent. Find P(D).
*[the answer at the back of the book is 0.2]* I mistakenly got 0.1 at first... which was easily a trap...but later having checked the answer I configured my brain... knowing fully well that ETS makes no mistakes in her books.

2. If (-13) is divided by 3. Find the remainder.
*[ the answer is not (-1). That was another trap. The answer at the back =2]*

please do kindly explain the tactics that suggest those ETS answers.

My exam is in November... but for now I don chop the registration money. Perhaps Ponpon go sort me on credit.

Fall 2019, yes we can.
cheers

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 23, 2018
ponpon:
No credit today come tomorrow

grin grin ;

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.