Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,073 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1355902 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by lobito007(m): 8:37pm On Oct 30, 2015
DanjaNinja:

You can choose to be pissed or be funded. Your choice. Compared to the verbal section of the GRE, Toefl is a walk in the park. So why would a test that would give u funding piss you off? Abi u no like money
Sent you a pm. Please reply.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by happyday: 10:01pm On Oct 30, 2015
olatricia:
Danjaninja & Co., u guys are doing a great job, may God bless you. Let me say this, expect nothing from people (especially on this platform) so that when you get little from few, it would be so valuable to you and peradventure you get nothing, then you have lost nothing. I appreciate your effort, may God bless you. Yes, am a complete novice here, infact a jew. Yet, I want to take this GRE test. Even up to the moment of writing this, I don't know what GRE is about, I don't know how much it cost to write, I don't have an idea of where and when it can be written. I ve been shopping for a fully funded masters program abroad, when I came across the word "GRE Test" as part of pre-qualification for admission. So, I can searching and thank God I found you guys. So Dan, I'll like you to tutor me about this exams from elementary to advanced. I need your help. More so, find my academic profile below and advice me if I stand a chance of getting a full fledged scholarship (as I have no financial support whatsoever, except God). All I know is that, I'll be doing Masters but not in this country.

My Profile:
B.Sc. Economics - 3.49/5.00 2012
ICAN/ATS - 2011
ICAN/ACA - FINAL STAGE NOV. 2015
WORK EXPERIENCE: 2 YEARS ACCOUNTANT/FINANCIAL CONSULTANT/ CREDIT RISK ADVISOR.
TOEFL - NIL
GRE - NIL

Where do I go from here.
Thanks.
F.O.D

While I'm no guru by any means, I would like to weigh in before Oga Danja checks in. Here goes nothing :
Of course, ma'am, you do have a chance of getting quality graduate education abroad. It just depends on your level of tenacity and dedication. You have acquired relevant experience in your discipline, and that's great.

However, the GRE neutralises everything, if you had a not so super undergrad GPA, your GRE helps you prove to the school that you can apply the reasoning skills required in Grad school. So you are in the right direction.

Focus on scoring as high as possible on the GRE for now. A GPA of 3.49 from School A differs from a 3.49 from School B, so your GRE scores provide a means of you proving to them that your GPA is no fluff, so please take it seriously.

I am also taking mine this November, and God has been good to me, letting me get help from people, including those from this thread.

GO THROUGH THE FIRST POST ON THIS THREAD. REALLY SUCCINCT AND VALUABLE. I HAVE LOST COUNT HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE READ IT!

Pick a test date, get the relevant materials and start prepping.
All the best!

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by happyday: 10:09pm On Oct 30, 2015
olatricia:
Danjaninja & Co., u guys are doing a great job, may God bless you. Let me say this, expect nothing from people (especially on this platform) so that when you get little from few, it would be so valuable to you and peradventure you get nothing, then you have lost nothing. I appreciate your effort, may God bless you. Yes, am a complete novice here, infact a jew. Yet, I want to take this GRE test. Even up to the moment of writing this, I don't know what GRE is about, I don't know how much it cost to write, I don't have an idea of where and when it can be written. I ve been shopping for a fully funded masters program abroad, when I came across the word "GRE Test" as part of pre-qualification for admission. So, I can searching and thank God I found you guys. So Dan, I'll like you to tutor me about this exams from elementary to advanced. I need your help. More so, find my academic profile below and advice me if I stand a chance of getting a full fledged scholarship (as I have no financial support whatsoever, except God). All I know is that, I'll be doing Masters but not in this country.

My Profile:
B.Sc. Economics - 3.49/5.00 2012
ICAN/ATS - 2011
ICAN/ACA - FINAL STAGE NOV. 2015
WORK EXPERIENCE: 2 YEARS ACCOUNTANT/FINANCIAL CONSULTANT/ CREDIT RISK ADVISOR.
TOEFL - NIL
GRE - NIL

Where do I go from here.
Thanks.
F.O.D

While I'm no guru by any means, I would like to weigh in before Oga Danja checks in. Here goes nothing :
Of course, ma'am, you do have a chance of getting quality graduate education abroad. It just depends on your level of tenacity and dedication. You have acquired relevant experience in your discipline, and that's great.

However, the GRE neutralises everything, if you had a not so super undergrad GPA, your GRE helps you prove to the school that you can apply the reasoning skills required in Grad school. So you are in the right direction.

Focus on scoring as high as possible on the GRE for now. A GPA of 3.49 from School A differs from a 3.49 from School B, so your GRE scores provide a means of you proving to them that your GPA is no fluff, so please take it seriously.

I am also taking mine this November, and God has been good to me, letting me get help from people, including those from this thread.

GO THROUGH THE FIRST POST ON THIS THREAD. REALLY SUCCINCT AND VALUABLE. I HAVE LOST COUNT HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE READ IT!

Pick a test date, get the relevant materials and start prepping.
All the best!

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by lobito007(m): 10:41pm On Oct 30, 2015
Finally took the nerve to pick a date for my test. It's Nov 15. God!!! Can't say where I stand right now, but I had to pick a date this close to enable me quadruple study pace. Someone please help me out with the magoosh video. 42,900 no be joke o. Biko!!!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cephas0009: 11:02pm On Oct 30, 2015
Evening friends. I have been away 4 a while since taking d GRE. The reason is obviously not far fetched. I need to research 4 schools, apply early enough and leave d rest to God to perfect it. I am applying for MS Mech Eng and UH is one of d schools I will b submitting my app.
Pls guys, I noticed u were mentioning a certain toefl speaking score 4 TA consideration @ UH. Abeg na ielts I do n I had 7.0 in speaking, Ejor how does dat far?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cephas0009: 11:22pm On Oct 30, 2015
lobito007:
Finally took the nerve to pick a date for my test. It's Nov 15. God!!! Can't say where I stand right now, but I had to pick a date this close to enable me quadruple study pace. Someone please help me out with the magoosh video. 42,900 no be joke o. Biko!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/l/sh/3omCh8KOh8SlrwSRJ2KPjq

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by paulbets: 11:32pm On Oct 30, 2015
Greetings forumites
I want to take a time out to send shout outs to DanjaNinja, and Sirriddy.
Also permit me to warmly Congratulate Sir Rogerdavid.

Best of Luck to us all

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by lobito007(m): 11:52pm On Oct 30, 2015
Cephas0009:

https://www.dropbox.com/l/sh/3omCh8KOh8SlrwSRJ2KPjq
Thanks bro, but they are pdf files. You once posted that you have the videos. I'm in lag. How may I connect you to get them?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 3:20am On Oct 31, 2015
pls do I need a PayPal account for my GRE reg or I can use my gtb MasterCard directly?
I'm lost
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 31, 2015
Hey paulbets thanks for reaching out man. Hope applications are going great? Keep the hussle on guys
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cephas0009: 8:27am On Oct 31, 2015
lobito007:

Thanks bro, but they are pdf files. You once posted that you have the videos. I'm in lag. How may I connect you to get them?

Oga, the vids are in d link, everything is about 1gb Sir..
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by lobito007(m): 8:34am On Oct 31, 2015
Cephas0009:

Oga, the vids are in d link, everything is about 1gb Sir..
Ok. Agreed. But 1gb is no small data size. Can we hook up for the video transfer offline?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by paulbets: 9:28am On Oct 31, 2015
sirRiddy:
Hey paulbets thanks for reaching out man.
Hope applications are going great?
Keep the hussle on guys

Yes boss, applications stage have not been easy. Nevertheless I have submitted complete app to two schools now., but am still looking for more schools with better funding and admissibility.

The struggle is Real! Bro

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Obiwannn: 9:34am On Oct 31, 2015
DanjaNinja:

I completely agree. Life is reciprocal, the more you give, the more you get.
I see you have ported my Oga...
So happy for you...
You remember me don't you?
Please reply my PM
I have also ported, but to the destination I told you about last time we spoke on phone...
We really got a lot to catch up on cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Glocal1: 1:46pm On Oct 31, 2015
sirRiddy:
Thanks
Kansas State University.
But na PhD
Congrats bro. I av always known u'd get funding going by ur stellar gre n tefl scores. when r u leaving or u av got some other pending applications.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by happyday: 5:18pm On Oct 31, 2015
Holudarey01:
pls do I need a PayPal account for my GRE reg or I can use my gtb MasterCard directly?
I'm lost
Both. Open a PayPal account with normal Nigerian address. Then, drop your GT Mastercard details when prompted on ETS's site. Meanwhile, you need to link your GT Bank Mastercard with your PayPal account (I. E Verifying your PayPal account).
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by happyday: 5:21pm On Oct 31, 2015
lobito007:
Waoh! 2 weeks!! You head is there, bro. I sincerely think you would be able to pull it off.
BUT, fretting about the cash won't help o. You are taking the test, so you can study in a good school. Everything else doesn't matter. The negative marking on the GRE is exam anxiety.
Gather yourself together, God has got this for you, boss.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Denvan: 6:43pm On Oct 31, 2015
For those of us that want to create paypal acct, here is a web page I used when I was to open mine. And it worked perfectly. Just follow the instruction. Note: I can't get the page info, I just saved it on my laptop. But I think if you type "How To Open Paypal Account" on google, you should get something useful.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by lobito007(m): 8:20pm On Oct 31, 2015
happyday:

Waoh! 2 weeks!! You head is there, bro. I sincerely think you would be able to pull it off.
BUT, fretting about the cash won't help o. You are taking the test, so you can study in a good school. Everything else doesn't matter. The negative marking on the GRE is exam anxiety.
Gather yourself together, God has got this for you, boss.
Thank you for this ginger!

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Kapitain(m): 8:25pm On Oct 31, 2015
@lobito007
In Nike's voice,Just Do It. smiley
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 31, 2015
happyday:

Both. Open a PayPal account with normal Nigerian address. Then, drop your GT Mastercard details when prompted on ETS's site. Meanwhile, you need to link your GT Bank Mastercard with your PayPal account (I. E Verifying your PayPal account).

thanksszzz.
I'm grateful

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by baruzeez(m): 8:57pm On Oct 31, 2015
Hey guys please Im really in need of GRE ebooks Gruber and others u av please. My mail is baruwa.abdulazeez@ymail.com.
May God bless you
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by johnbimbo12(m): 9:15pm On Oct 31, 2015
please add me to the Facebook group.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cephas0009: 10:05pm On Oct 31, 2015
Friends, I am having serious issues submitting UH application and as u might have rightly guessed, it's coz of billing address...Pls if any1 has gone through their application process. Kindly profer a way around this, thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by godG: 4:43am On Nov 01, 2015
Cephas0009:
Friends, I am having serious issues submitting UH application and as u might have rightly guessed, it's coz of billing address...Pls if any1 has gone through their application process. Kindly profer a way around this, thanks

Let someone in the US help you pay.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cephas0009: 7:32am On Nov 01, 2015
godG:

Let someone in the US help you pay.

Boss, I have asked friends in UK n US to help me but na stilll same thing, e don tire me sef
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by godG: 2:43pm On Nov 01, 2015
Cephas0009:

Boss, I have asked friends in UK n US to help me but na stilll same thing, e don tire me sef

Help you pay with their cards or yours? That should not be. Anyways, here is the thing, try to make sure that the address you used to open your bank account tallies with what you filled on the school's online application. I think this should solve it. Let's know what happened after this.

But I honestly believe your friends should be able to use their US-issued cards to help you out.

Best.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 01, 2015
Cephas0009:

Hello, what's the GRE requirement for UH Engineering?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 01, 2015

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cephas0009: 10:56pm On Nov 01, 2015
ProfTPE:

Hello, what's the GRE requirement for UH Engineering?

Baba, I don't knw oo, but I am giving it a shot with my 305
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cephas0009: 10:58pm On Nov 01, 2015
godG:

Help you pay with their cards or yours? That should not be. Anyways, here is the thing, try to make sure that the address you used to open your bank account tallies with what you filled on the school's online application. I think this should solve it. Let's know what happened after this.

But I honestly believe your friends should be able to use their US-issued cards to help you out.

Best.

Of course, it definitely has to be with their card.. I have also changed my address to d billing address of my card, it still didn't work
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by dellapi2: 11:51pm On Nov 01, 2015
Guys please add me to the Facebook group. dell_api@yahoo.com. Intend writing later this month. Thanks a lot

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

Viewing this topic: RENOWNED2(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.