Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (431) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1354172 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by udi2111: 11:38am On Nov 22, 2018
Hello house,I just came across this thread. I will like to apply for a PHD in mathematics and statistics( full funding) . I don't know if I will be considered due to my bachelor's degree in Electrical engineering with 2.63/5 GPA. Post graduate diploma in mathematics and statistics with a GPA of 3.5/5 and master's degree in mathematics and statistics with a GPA of 5.8/7. Gurus in the house I will like to know before I proceed with GRE and TOEFL. Your Contributions is highly appreciated.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by CuteRedd(f): 1:54pm On Nov 22, 2018
Immanuel7:
Hello people,
I need to improve my vocabulary learn as much as 500-1000 vocabs for RC in Verbal also Quant Geometry, Applied Maths and Algebra.

Kindly recommend valuable resources and apps,my exam is less than a month.
Also, any practice test software or app that mimick actual exam difficulty.

Thanks.

download the app GRECLOUD to learn words....use oxford dictionary online to see how it is used in context.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Immanuel7: 2:17pm On Nov 22, 2018
CuteRedd:
download the app GRECLOUD to learn words....use oxford dictionary online to see how it is used in context.

Thanks CuteRedd
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 5:13pm On Nov 22, 2018
Now it’s time to give back to Nairaland!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Emeritusseun(m): 7:16pm On Nov 22, 2018
ponpon:

Gre registration on Black Friday!!!

Black Friday starts now!!!

First 50 to register gets 5% discount of 45k!

Send me an email with subject gre nairaland Black Friday.

Patrick.jimoh60@gmail.com

“GRE”!!!

Do black Friday for TOEFL too na...lol
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Allylic(f): 7:50pm On Nov 22, 2018
ponpon:

Gre registration on Black Friday!!!

Black Friday starts now!!!

First 50 to register gets 5% discount of 45k!

Send me an email with subject gre nairaland Black Friday.

Patrick.jimoh60@gmail.com

“GRE”!!!

for sending of scores nko
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by sholarr12: 8:46pm On Nov 22, 2018
Immanuel7:
Hello people,
I need to improve my vocabulary learn as much as 500-1000 vocabs for RC in Verbal also Quant Geometry, Applied Maths and Algebra.

Kindly recommend valuable resources and apps,my exam is less than a month.
Also, any practice test software or app that mimick actual exam difficulty.

Thanks.

Use Kaplan to practice. But you will need to register on kaplanbooksonline first. The site has a lot of practice questions.

You can also try the free practice test on Manhattanprep.com

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Johncuba(m): 8:48pm On Nov 22, 2018
lynnswt:

Please can u share your questions with me especially Gmat. Please help a sister�. my email obotlynda9@gmail.com. thanks
please kindly help me with the materials you got, my email add is okolojohncuba@gmail.com God bless you
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Johncuba(m): 8:49pm On Nov 22, 2018
Houston17:

Good morning bro. can u help with those materials you used?
Here's my email: austinnoah92@gmail.com
kindly assist me with the materials you got, my email is okolojohncuba@gmail.com, God bless you
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by sholarr12: 8:51pm On Nov 22, 2018
Johncuba:
kindly assist me with the materials you got, my email is okolojohncuba@gmail.com, God bless you
While you look for other materials, are you aware of Kaplan?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Johncuba(m): 8:54pm On Nov 22, 2018

Sent
kindly help me with materials, God bless you, okolojohncuba@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Johncuba(m): 8:57pm On Nov 22, 2018
sholarr12:

While you look for other materials, are you aware of Kaplan?
yeah...share if you have or any other materials okolojohncuba@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Johncuba(m): 9:19pm On Nov 22, 2018
Dexiebaba:

Thanks a lot boss for the materials.. With respect to the portharcourt message, I just sent you a message thru Gmail. Pls check it
please help with materials if you got any. okolojohncuba@gmail.com God bless you
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 10:22pm On Nov 22, 2018
I’m not sending scores “for now”
Allylic:
for sending of scores nko
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by abumeinben(m): 7:22am On Nov 23, 2018
Guys please how much would it cost me to do WES evaluation of transcript and WAEC in total?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by mrcodebreaker: 10:49am On Nov 23, 2018
Guys please link to toefl study materials abeg. Its really urgent please
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by a4pelumi: 11:07am On Nov 23, 2018
abumeinben:
Guys please how much would it cost me to do WES evaluation of transcript and WAEC in total?
There’s a Nairaland trend for WES evaluation of result.
You spend 10k for processing of WAEC result, 8-10k to send and around 2-3k for affidavit.
In total, you spend not less than 110k
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by abumeinben(m): 11:40am On Nov 23, 2018
a4pelumi:

There’s a Nairaland trend for WES evaluation of result.
You spend 10k for processing of WAEC result, 8-10k to send and around 2-3k for affidavit.
In total, you spend not less than 110k

shocked

Where pesin wan see that money?

Could you help with the link?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by hybeenoni: 11:55am On Nov 23, 2018
Please any advice for TOEFL registration, really need to register and write the exam latest December 1, the popular guy doing the registration said he is currently unable to do so, any advice please?
Or any body who registered for TOEFL of recent?

Priority deadline for one of my shortlisted schools is 15 December.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by abumeinben(m): 12:22pm On Nov 23, 2018
jegz50:
Good Day House,

I have followed this page from 1st post, to have an in-depth info about schools and funding opportunities.

I humbly present my profile for school suggestions and any tip to secure funding for fall '19.
I have actually completed applications to PhD Chemistry in the schools mentioned below. Hoping to apply to any more recommended schools on here.

*My little advice to anyone preparing for the Gre and Toefl is to ensure you start well ahead of admission deadlines.. Take the exams early enough so you can have enough time to prepare all application materials.

Undergrad: 3.45/4 (Unofficial WES evaluation)- Industrial Chemistry
GRE: 312 (VERY terrible exam experience)
TOEFL: 103
Publications: 1 (Currently under review with two journals)
Research Experience : About 2 years working in the Oil and Gas
Conferences: A handful
Schools applied: VCU, FSU, MSU, LSU, Univ of Utah, Tulane Univ and University of Alabama.

Contacts have been made with some POIs in about five of these schools...Mostly positive and was asked to apply.

What is your take house ....CC @Scholastica16, @Time2Smile, @kayceerilyn, @Sheeda995, @Ndawe, @Temmitats

Please let me know how much you spent on wes evaluation
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by abumeinben(m): 12:25pm On Nov 23, 2018
CptCharlesVane:
I'd like some assistance with regard to choosing Universities in the US or Canada for admission and funding. I am not shooting for the stars and have modest and realist expectations as I've spent over $1000 already - exams, transcripts, and evaluation cry without even starting any applications. Looking to add another $1000 for application fees and official documents posting Lord! cry

Where do I start? I want to go for a PhD in Medicinal Chemistry / Pharmaceutical Science but it seems quite competitive from what I see on admission rates. I'm interested in Drug discovery and synthesis areas. Anyone with Uni suggestions, please.

My Profile:

BSc Biochemistry (2011) 3.25/4 (WES)
MRes Organic Chemistry (2016) 3.42/4 (WES)
Tests: IELTS 7.5; GRE Chemistry (on Saturday, not looking good)
GRE General (Nov 14th; Manhattan first attempt V156 Q151)
Research Experience: +2years uni thesis projects + research internship abroad that led to a conference publication and poster in Geneva.
Work Experience: QC chemist 2010 (Ind Training) + here and there med lab rat experiences. Unrelated work experience afterwards.
Professional: Assoc. Member Royal Society of Chemistry.

Unis I'm looking at:

SUNY Buffalo, NY
Washington State
Northeastern, MA

UofT, Canada (if GRE = 325+, AW 5.0)

amofum TheGrandChemist dmajor1 Ndawe MasterforceII Quoran omofola93 Time2Smile
happyday, texrem, LagosismyHome, iCool, seeker88, Topiipii, ponpon, rexCheeng, ChemEngr, femi312, Oludare01,walspring, Yilzid TowBayNah, Mfarad, scholastica16 drhopeful reDazey Seeker88, Ridsan ChemEngr01 Nastydamus

Please how much did you spend on wes evaluation?

And the did they mail the evaluation to you as I'm seeing two addresses: my residential and the chosen school's

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by opexy89: 3:06pm On Nov 23, 2018
Allylic:
I believe you will need tutorial for GRE with these your shorthand typing..I think GRE is 215$ approximately 80,000 naira..But I know ponpon does his for 45k ko 50k..you can also check Bymafit..
lol thank you very much
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 5:03pm On Nov 23, 2018
Toefl
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Allylic(f): 5:25pm On Nov 23, 2018
opexy89:
lol thank you very much
.... grin grin...you are welcome...
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by slamcole(m): 9:24pm On Nov 23, 2018
Apologies, just seeing this. What exactly will you like to know?

CptCharlesVane:
Congratulations! It would be nice if you shared your GRE and admissions experience.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by CptCharlesVane: 8:53am On Nov 24, 2018
abumeinben:

Please how much did you spend on wes evaluation?
WES Canada? 376 CAD. NB I have a number of degrees so it factored in and I did it before their frustrating WAEC requirement; would cost more currently.

And the did they mail the evaluation to you as I'm seeing two addresses: my residential and the chosen school's
Yes, they mailed copies to me according to what I specified and paid for. The options are there, from your screenshot, you opted for a copy and you're going to be charged for it. You could choose not to have a copy sent.

**I read somewhere on this thread about someone who sent transcripts with NIPOST for cheap, can't remember if it was evaluated transcripts but if you want to save cost, it might be better to have several copies sent to you so you could post to the institutions yourself with NIPOST. It might take 2-3 weeks but hey.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by CptCharlesVane: 8:56am On Nov 24, 2018
Do you send additional GRE reports at cheaper rates?
ponpon:
Toefl is now going through y’all!!! Send those mails in... Patrick.jimoh60@gmail.com
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by CptCharlesVane: 8:59am On Nov 24, 2018
No problem. When you have the time, you could drop a memoir here. Someone might get inspired.
slamcole:
Apologies, just seeing this. What exactly will you like to know?

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 9:17am On Nov 24, 2018
For now. No sir
CptCharlesVane:
Do you send additional GRE reports at cheaper rates?

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by frostsc: 9:26am On Nov 24, 2018
Hello guys! I am positive many people here are working pedantically towards Fall '19. May visa fall on you!

Starting my post graduate program in the States have been an experience, though challenging, it's been rewarding. I'll be documenting some of my experiences here and hoping it encourages one or two persons and also, so, you won't make the same mistakes I made on arrival.

I must confess, it has not been easy. More especially since I got G.A and I had to ensure I maintained a good CGPA. The very strange weather, the people, the way of life, the natural response to events... These are things that are often overlooked but could really destabilize you on arrival. All these little things when put together could be quite distracting and that's why many international students stagger when they begin their respective programs and before they find their feet, they are raking in poor grades. I almost did and that was why I had to keep away from everything including Nairaland to concentrate. I can effectively say I've found my feet now. So, for those just coming in, totally forget about the social life and focus squarely on how to strike a balance between the external factors and how this affects your psychology and study pattern. One of my friends here had already started reading up like a month before coming to the USA. By the time he arrived, it made it easier to flow. You may also want to watch videos and try your hands on some resources to help you settle in fast. Study the educational process and bring out the best in you. We are Nigerians. Adaptation is in our DNA. grin

A great plus though is the amiable environment. Everyone is cultured, well mannered and polite. Even if it is fake and they can turn it for you the next second. cheesy cheesy

Guys, do whatever you can to get some form of assistantship o. Life here is expensive.

Once again I'll love to thank my mentor, Scholastica16, Quoran, Lagosismyhome, Time2smile and those who guided me. Most especially our grand father, Scholastica16 . God bless you man.

I'll post more!

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Olalekank(m): 9:51am On Nov 24, 2018
frostsc:
Hello guys! I am positive many people here are working pedantically towards Fall '19. May visa fall on you!
A great plus though is the amiable environment. Everyone is cultured, well mannered and polite. Even if it is fake and they can turn it for you the next second. cheesy cheesy

Guys, do whatever you can to get some form of assistantship o. Life here is expensive.

Once again I'll love to thank my mentor, Scholastica16, Quoran, Lagosismyhome, Time2smile and those who guided me. Most especially our grand father, Scholastica16 . God bless you man.

I'll post more!

Great experiences bro! Wishing you the very best in your endeavor and I'm glad you finally found your feet.
@bolded, so you mean, them fit change am for anybody anytime?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Emeritusseun(m): 3:02pm On Nov 24, 2018
Good day My FAM.

Is it possible to prep for the TOEFL test for a week and ace the it.

Meanwhile, what materials are recommended for the test. I really need an experienced person to give me an OT.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.