Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (432) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1354112 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by MasterforceII: 3:54pm On Nov 24, 2018
Emeritusseun:
Good day My FAM.

Is it possible to prep for the TOEFL test for a week and ace the it.

Meanwhile, what materials are recommended for the test. I really need an experienced person to give me an OT.

Thanks

Yes. It's very possible. Use the notefull videos on youtube and the official ETS Toefl Guide. Also, there's a TOEFL simulator you can get from the ets toefl site for practise. These should suffice.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Emeritusseun(m): 3:58pm On Nov 24, 2018
MasterforceII:

Yes. It's very possible. Use the notefull videos on youtube and the official ETS Toefl Guide. Also, there's a TOEFL simulator you can get from the ets toefl site for practise. These should suffice.

Thanks a bunch. I do appreciate. I will do as advised.

Thanks
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by damoskiy(m): 6:28pm On Nov 24, 2018
Ponpon please can you send GMAT questions to damilolafisheries@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 6:52pm On Nov 24, 2018
Just use google the Gmat official guide 2018 is online for free and joint the Gmatclub it’s a good platform too!
damoskiy:
Ponpon please can you send GMAT questions to damilolafisheries@gmail.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by damoskiy(m): 8:28pm On Nov 24, 2018
ponpon:
Just use google the Gmat official guide 2018 is online for free and joint the Gmatclub it’s a good platform too!
Thanks Ejanla
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 2:51am On Nov 25, 2018
Thanks fam! People wey know men reach house
damoskiy:
Thanks Ejanla
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by damoskiy(m): 5:03am On Nov 25, 2018
ponpon:
Thanks fam! People wey know men reach house
nasoo... Hope you are good...
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by themmyloluwaa: 4:16pm On Nov 25, 2018
Hello bosses, good afternoon, my name is Philip, please I will like to ask if I can start applications now and submit my gre score around January to February and if I will still be considered for funding and even given admission for fall 2019. This is because I am not prepared for the exams, and I aim to score a high score. I will gladly await a response. Thank you
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Leoney: 10:22pm On Nov 25, 2018
themmyloluwaa:
Hello bosses, good afternoon, my name is Philip, please I will like to ask if I can start applications now and submit my gre score around January to February and if I will still be considered for funding and even given admission for fall 2019. This is because I am not prepared for the exams, and I aim to score a high score. I will gladly await a response. Thank you

It depends on the school you're applying to, most schools have priority deadline which is usually Nov./Dec. So check on the schools you wish to apply to for their deadline for funding considerations. Wish you success in your preparation and exams.

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by abumeinben(m): 2:13pm On Nov 26, 2018
Hey guys,

My GRE exam is Thursday the 29th. What docs would I have to go with?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Instinct20(m): 2:41pm On Nov 26, 2018
abumeinben:
Hey guys,

My GRE exam is Thursday the 29th. What docs would I have to go with?

Your international passport is the most important thing. Don't go without it. Then you could also go with your GRE appointment confirmation slip.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by MIYATI: 2:55pm On Nov 26, 2018
Hello house, I have been following this page for months and I appreciate your enormous contributions. Finally my exams are hear, TOEFL Dec1 and GRE Dec 2.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by 4gunners(m): 4:07pm On Nov 26, 2018
MIYATI:
Hello house, I have been following this page for months and I appreciate your enormous contributions. Finally my exams are hear, TOEFL Dec1 and GRE Dec 2.
I'm writing TOEFL on thesame day as yours.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by CptCharlesVane: 4:13pm On Nov 26, 2018
You should be resting the day before not taking another exam. The GRE is also a stamina exam that tests your concentration for a stretch of about 4 hours. Add that 4 hours to the difference between the time you wake till the moment you are about to begin the test. It is very common for people to get mentally fatigued during the test. My first experience was delayed for over 4 hours before we eventually took the test, rest assured that I bombed it, 289 (V145 Q144 AW 3.0)

Anyway, make sure you get a lot of rest before the two days of your exams and after the TOEFL.

Good luck!

MIYATI:

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by abumeinben(m): 4:23pm On Nov 26, 2018
Instinct20:

Your international passport is the most important thing. Don't go without it. Then you could also go with your GRE appointment confirmation slip.

Thanks bruh.

One more thing. What's next after the test?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by mfarad(m): 5:18pm On Nov 26, 2018
abumeinben:

Thanks bruh.

Remember to take advantage of the four free score report recipients (schools). Enter recipients a day before the exam (closes by 10pm). Every score report after then is $20

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Bassmana: 8:12pm On Nov 26, 2018
frostsc:
Hello guys! I am positive many people here are working pedantically towards Fall '19. May visa fall on you!

Starting my post graduate program in the States have been an experience, though challenging, it's been rewarding. I'll be documenting some of my experiences here and hoping it encourages one or two persons and also, so, you won't make the same mistakes I made on arrival.

I'll post more!
Thumbs up man!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by abumeinben(m): 9:20pm On Nov 26, 2018
mfarad:

Remember to take advantage of the four free score report recipients (schools). Enter recipients a day before the exam (closes by 10pm). Every score report after then is $20

shocked

Where would I enter recipients? Nor vex for my myriad of questions bro
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Instinct20(m): 10:50pm On Nov 26, 2018
abumeinben:

Thanks bruh.

You'll get your scores then proceed to add score recepients. The schools you want to send your scores to.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by mfarad(m): 11:49am On Nov 27, 2018
abumeinben:

shocked

Where would I enter recipients? Nor vex for my myriad of questions bro

The day before your test (and before 10pm)
Under "test registration and orders",
click on "order score reports" select product type as "TOEFL services"
select "additional score reports to institutions",
select test date then enter your score recipients... search recipients by name, code or country/state. All the best!

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by mfarad(m): 11:53am On Nov 27, 2018
Instinct20:

You'll get your scores then proceed to add score recepients. The schools you want to send your scores to.

For TOEFL, you have to enter recipients a day before the test. Otherwise, $20 per recipient. Also, your score report will be available to you 10 days after the test.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by mfarad(m): 11:56am On Nov 27, 2018
CptCharlesVane:
I'd like some assistance with regard to choosing Universities in the US or Canada for admission and funding.

amofum TheGrandChemist dmajor1 Ndawe MasterforceII Quoran omofola93 Time2Smile
happyday, texrem, LagosismyHome, iCool, seeker88, Topiipii, ponpon, rexCheeng, ChemEngr, femi312, Oludare01,walspring, Yilzid TowBayNah, Mfarad, scholastica16 drhopeful reDazey Seeker88, Ridsan ChemEngr01 Nastydamus

Hey! Sorry I'm just seeing this. Have you taken the GRE?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Instinct20(m): 10:32pm On Nov 27, 2018
mfarad:

For TOEFL, you have to enter recipients a day before the test. Otherwise, $20 per recipient. Also, your score report will be available to you 10 days after the test.
Was talking about the GRE
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by abumeinben(m): 9:53am On Nov 28, 2018
mfarad:

The day before your test (and before 10pm)
Under "test registration and orders",
click on "order score reports" select product type as "TOEFL services"
select "additional score reports to institutions",
select test date then enter your score recipients... search recipients by name, code or country/state. All the best!

Thanks.

I'm actually writing GRE
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Remen: 10:21am On Nov 28, 2018
Hi NL Fam, I took the TOEFL Exam on d 17th of Nov. The result is still showing unavailable and its over 10days.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by pink67(f): 12:26pm On Nov 28, 2018
pronto543:
Hello friends,

Is anyone planning to register for GRE soon? I have materials available for sale. The books are:

1) Manhattan 8 Series (8 sets of books)
2) Manhattan 5lb practice book
3) GRE Official Guide (2nd Ed.)
4) Official GRE Quants Reas. Book
5) Official GRE Verbal Reas. Guide
6) GRE Maths Bible
7) Gruber Complete GRE Guide 2015

I am based in Ilorin but I frequently come to Ibadan.

Contact me via email: boladeoladipo543@gmail.com
Just sent you a mail. Kindly check your inbox
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by mfarad(m): 12:32pm On Nov 28, 2018
abumeinben:

Thanks.

I'm actually writing GRE

Oh, sorry my bad. Must have mistaken your moniker for another

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by mfarad(m): 12:33pm On Nov 28, 2018
Instinct20:

Was talking about the GRE

Oh, okay.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by pink67(f): 12:34pm On Nov 28, 2018
Remen:
Hi NL Fam, I took the TOEFL Exam on d 17th of Nov. The result is still showing unavailable and its over 10days.
Have your online scores arrived? If it has then don't worry just yet, but it hasn't, I think you might have to contact them and ask them to provide your score sheet. Go to their website and email them,give them details about yourself and your test date.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by pronto543(m): 2:23pm On Nov 28, 2018
pink67:

Just sent you a mail. Kindly check your inbox

Pls, send pm again. I'm yet to see any email message.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Emeritusseun(m): 3:04pm On Nov 28, 2018
Remen:

If you wrote on the 17th, it is not yet 10 working days. Chill first
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by DONPablosugar: 3:49am On Nov 29, 2018
abumeinben:
Guys please how much would it cost me to do WES evaluation of transcript and WAEC in total?

317 dollars

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.