Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (504) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1349750 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by horlahsunbo225(m): 8:14am On Aug 20, 2019
afroxyz:
please how long does it take GRE results to be sent to schools? I researched and found that its 10-15 days. are there situations that it may exceed 15 days? I intend to write the test on November 20th against December 15th deadline
If u feel that the results will not get them b4 the deadline u can send them the unofficial score thru mail and explain ur condition to them

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by obidike59(m): 6:41pm On Aug 20, 2019
Good day everyone in the house,
Please I need some advice on schools to choose for my MSc program in the US.
I have already have some schools in mind, please I want the guru's in the house or anyone with info to help me in scrutinizing the schools( Scholarships, Graduate assistantship Funding generally)
In no order, they are:
Wright State University
University of New Haven
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
University of Montana
Texas Tech University.
Course: Electrical Engineering/ Electrical Computer Engineering/ Renewable Energy Engineering.
Please na beg I dey beg.
Am about writing my GRE next month.
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Campuslink: 11:11am On Aug 21, 2019
obidike59:
I have already have some schools in mind, please I want the guru's in the house or anyone with info to help me in scrutinizing the schools( Scholarships, Graduate assistantship Funding generally)
In no order, they are:
Wright State University
University of New Haven
University of Montana
Texas Tech University.
Course: Electrical Engineering/ Electrical Computer Engineering/ Renewable Energy Engineering.
Please, I beg I dey beg.
Thanks

The schools you've chosen are okay. Wright for example automatically considers you for scholarships once your application is considered for admission. You might also want to check out
Iowa State University
East Tennessee State University
And Michigan State University

You can compare their requirements and pick which works for you the best.

For further information and assistance in registering and passing Gre, toefl, IELTS please visit our website at www.mcfedututors.com or WhatsApp on 08132765285. If you would also like to be added to a highly decorous and effective WhatsApp study group kindly indicate through the number above.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by obidike59(m): 5:43pm On Aug 21, 2019
Campuslink:

The schools you've chosen are okay. Wright for example automatically considers you for scholarships once your application is considered for admission. You might also want to check out
Iowa State University
East Tennessee State University
And Michigan State University

You can compare their requirements and pick which works for you the best.

For further information and assistance in registering and passing Gre, toefl, IELTS please visit our website at www.mcfedututors.com or WhatsApp on 08132765285. If you would also like to be added to a highly decorous and effective WhatsApp study group kindly indicate through the number above.
Thanks for your reply, I will definitely look into the schools you posted.

Guru's in the house, please I am still waiting for your responses/replies.

Gracias
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by horlahsunbo225(m): 6:43pm On Aug 21, 2019
obidike59:

Thanks for your reply, I will definitely look into the schools you posted.

Guru's in the house, please I am still waiting for your responses/replies.

Gracias
Try anyone of the following school also
BGSU
KSU
UH
WSU
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Pinkandblue26: 12:37pm On Aug 22, 2019
Hello everyone

I intend writing my GRE 1st week of November.
I reside in Ibadan, Akobo Ojurin precisely.
I am looking for someone to hook up with who also intends writing soon so we could be having group discussion and study together.
I'm a lady.
I'm going for MS in Food Science.

Thank you.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Pinkandblue26: 12:39pm On Aug 22, 2019
Also is Lesson compulsory for GRE or with effective devotion , one can study personally.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Campuslink: 3:49pm On Aug 22, 2019
Pinkandblue26:
Also is Lesson compulsory for GRE or with effective devotion , one can study personally.
Of course taking lessons is not a compulsory criterion to pass the Gre. However, it is an advisable option as a good study centre with a great track record of successes, would help you know exactly what and how to study to get you your desired score.
Should you feel that you can do this on your own then that, of course, is your choice.

For further information and assistance in registering and passing Gre, Gmat, TOEFL, IELTS. Pls, visit our website at www.mcfedututors.com or WhatsApp 08132765285. If you would also like to be added to a highly decorous and effective WhatsApp study group kindly indicate through the number above.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Campuslink: 3:55pm On Aug 22, 2019
Pinkandblue26:
Hello everyone

I am looking for someone to hook up with who also intends writing soon so we could be having group discussion and study together.
I'm a lady.

Thank you.

Having a study partner for Gre is a good idea as it can help boost your reading habits and help for exchanging of ideas and materials.

If you would like to be added to a highly effective and decorous WhatsApp study group kindly indicate on 08132765285 or visit our website at www.mcfedututors.com for further assistance.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Campuslink: 4:01pm On Aug 22, 2019
shakol91:
Pls, between the paper base and computer base test which one can you recommend for an average person. Or which one do you think it's easier to pass for an average student

Well, the first thing you should ask yourself is which are you more comfortable with. Some people find reading on computers a lot more difficult than others and some others find computers more functional than physical paper. Therefore passing either a computer or paper-based tests depends on individual preference.

For further information and assistance in registering and passing IELTS, TOEFL, GMAT, Gre, please visit our website at www.mcfedututors.com or WhatsApp on 08132765285. If you would also like to be added to a highly decorous and effective WhatsApp study group kindly indicate though the number above.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NwanyiOkpa(f): 8:11pm On Aug 22, 2019
pierre92:

I’m not experienced but a 3.94/4.0 and then 294 in GRE doesn’t look right. I believe such a high GPA should come with an above average GRE. My thoughts though.

What if he sorted his courses?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Evicsholar(f): 9:10pm On Aug 22, 2019
Pinkandblue26:
Hello everyone

I'm a lady.

Thank you.
I stay in Ibadan too, close to UI though.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NwanyiOkpa(f): 11:31pm On Aug 22, 2019
user4321:

Hello My people, Official scores came in today... and Yes I beat my 4.5 AWA.. to get 6.0 AWA.... So happy!!!... 99th Percentile.
===== UPDATED PROFILE =====
GRE
Q-169
V-162
AWA- 6.0

TOEFL
116 (R-28 S-28 L-30 W-30)
GPA
4.74/5
3.82/4 (WES UNOFFICIAL)

cc- ponpon calculator123 scholastica16

Father lord!!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 5:36am On Aug 23, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:

Father lord!!!!
grin grin grin.... King in Heaven!!!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by samoice(m): 6:02am On Aug 23, 2019
obidike59:
In no order, they are:
Wright State University
University of New Haven
University of Montana
Texas Tech University.
Please na beg I dey beg.
Thanks
Bro can we talk on WhatsApp please 08180729457
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by samoice(m): 6:06am On Aug 23, 2019
kayzee2374:
I stays in lagos sis an m about to reg..pls can you help wit the link an the amount you paid during urs?
can we link up please?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by whiteassnow: 7:12am On Aug 23, 2019
Hello my people, please which is the legit and cheap educational centre/agency to register with for the GRE? Answers please.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NwanyiOkpa(f): 9:12am On Aug 23, 2019
user4321:

grin grin grin.... King in Heaven!!!

You are super bloody. Jeezus. I need to be your student. Where can i find you pls?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by obidike59(m): 9:33am On Aug 23, 2019
obidike59:
In no order, they are:
Wright State University
University of New Haven
University of Montana
Texas Tech University.
Please na beg I dey beg.
Thanks
cc: ponpon calculator123 scholastica16 solipstic shawarma lagosismyhome fairheart

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Evicsholar(f): 11:33am On Aug 23, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:

You are super bloody. Jeezus. I need to be your student. Where can i find you pls?
Please shift for me, let me join your class
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 23, 2019
Pinkandblue26:
Hello everyone

I'm a lady.

Thank you.

Hello good day, I reside in Ikolaba Estate, Ibadan but I’m yet to register, however, I need a couple of textbook that will aid my reading. I’m entirely new to the system and trying to make new friends/study partner. How can you help me with some textbooks and possibly we could have a study time ?

A friend of mine just left last 2 months to U.S for a full scholarship on graduate assistantship.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 23, 2019
Evicsholar:
I stay in Ibadan too, close to UI though.

Hi, I live in IB too and currently undergoing my masters degree in UI. However, in as much as I need to have a study group, I’d also like you to share me any soft copy textbook you’ve or you can recommend a bookshop I could get one. UI bookshop only have official ETS and I’m still searching for Kaplan and the likes.

How can you be of help, please ?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Evicsholar(f): 12:24pm On Aug 23, 2019
Evans211:

Hi, I live in IB too and currently undergoing my masters degree in UI. However, in as much as I need to have a study group, I’d also like you to share me any soft copy textbook you’ve or you can recommend a bookshop I could get one. UI bookshop only have official ETS and I’m still searching for Kaplan and the likes.

How can you be of help, please ?
Check out this link created and shared by a member here. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t9ot6d07hp1lkm7/AADL_dTihjEvNBRCBsmAcoXja?dl=0. I also have soft copies of some materials.
As for getting textbooks, I really don't have an idea about that
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 23, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:

Sadly I'm anonymous

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kikky91(m): 2:16pm On Aug 23, 2019
Hello house please i want to what the current cost of GRE and TOEFL.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Lontrra: 2:32pm On Aug 23, 2019
user4321:
Sadly I'm anonymous
Me I know you oh! lol
PS: we graduated from the same school, and in the same year.

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by kikky91(m): 2:33pm On Aug 23, 2019
Pls house is this web site legit. http://www.mcfedututors.com/
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NwanyiOkpa(f): 4:43pm On Aug 23, 2019
user4321:
Sadly I'm anonymous

I understand. "treasures are hidden"; they say cry

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 23, 2019
Evicsholar:
Check out this link created and shared by a member here. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t9ot6d07hp1lkm7/AADL_dTihjEvNBRCBsmAcoXja?dl=0. I also have soft copies of some materials.
As for getting textbooks, I really don't have an idea about that

Hi, thanks for this information and the link shared. How can I possibly get in touch with you to get the soft copies? You could possibly beep/text my number. if you don't feel comfortable dropping yours.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by LordeCalifornia: 5:30pm On Aug 25, 2019
user4321:

Hi guys,
So In rewrote the GRE Today. Yes a Lot of people said I had a great Score, But I just wasn't comfortable with my score, so I paid another 70,000NGN to BY Mafit ( Awesome guys). So in order not to flop the Quant, I decided to take some proactive measure.
I registered for the Manhattan 6 Practice Test Bundle costing $50, (19,000NGN). I did quite poorly on 3 of the 6 tests. Also I started practicing all the Hard questions over at greprepclub.com forum, to pace myself, and get accustomed to hard questions.
All through, I continued revising my vocabulary, and revising all my verbal strategies, so I don't slack in my rewrite. Also based on the advice on quora, I also wen through the ETS GRE Math review, to learn all the funny tips and trick of high school level math present in the quant.
Test Day
I woke up by 5:04 AM, and proceeded to fry egg, and toast 6 bread slices, for break fast. I went over all my strategies once more, and boarded a bus to Law school B/Stop. Then I trekked down to dragnet prometric. I made small talk with a lady I met there.
AWA
I went through the AWA quickly and confidently, writing about 900 words for each essay. The keyboard I got was better than the last time, so i had ample time to proofread.
VERBAL
I prayed for a first verbal section fervently, because I realized that would mean no experimental Quant section ( which I feel bleeped me up last time). So I was really happy when I got a verbal section first. I went through it in 15 Mins (I don't waste time on verbal). And I rightly predicted, I got three verbal sections. I really didn't care which one was experimental. It felt just about okay.
QUANT
The real reason I was rewriting. I went about the quant more carefully, I detailed my solutions very neatly. I paced very calmly, and resisted the urge to go back and forth shopping for easy answers. I knew getting all the questions right would mean a tougher second sections, so I got my cool, and went ahead calmly.
===============================================================================
RESULT
QUANTITATIVE- 169
VERBAL - 162
TOTAL - 331

SCHOOLS
STANFORD UNIVERSITY -PHD
UT AUSTIN - PHD
RICE - PHD
WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY IN ST. LOUIS - PHD

GPA
4.74/5
WES (UNOFFICIAL) 3.82/4.0

cc- quoran scholastica16 time2win

NB: What really helped me in no particular order
1. Encouragement from my friends to rewrite
2. Manhatted GRE 6 test Pack ($50) - (It really mimics the real GRE)
3. greprepclub.com/forum/
4. Quora

also I hope to beat my 4.5 AWA

Hello bro!
did you apply to the schools first, before registering for GRE or you registered for GRE and wrote the exam before applying to the schools you listed above.. ??

secondly, is it possible to apply for PhD directly without having MSC?

3 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 25, 2019
LordeCalifornia:

Hello bro!
did you apply to the schools first, before registering for GRE or you registered for GRE and wrote the exam before applying to the schools you listed above.. ??
I haven't started application yet as most schools are yet to open the application portals grin grin grin

secondly, is it possible to apply for PhD directly without having MSC?
Yes, very possible, so far you meet whatever minimum requirements the department has set

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by LordeCalifornia: 7:37pm On Aug 25, 2019
user4321:

I haven't started application yet as most schools are yet to open the application portals grin grin grin

Yes, very possible, so far you meet whatever minimum requirements the department has set

Alright. thanks for the information bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.