Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (528) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1353961 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by CptCharlesVane: 4:34pm On Dec 14, 2019
Best of luck to all you Fall ‘20 hopefuls. It will be worth it in the end. smiley

4 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by EngrKUNLE(m): 8:07pm On Dec 14, 2019
Buena Tardes muchachos,

i have been following this thread for a year now and its time for me to start preparing for Grad school.

Please i need hints on how to ace GRE! and i will appreciate it if i get soft copy of materials sent to my mail: oguntoyek@gmail.com

Gracias.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by demo4show(m): 8:47pm On Dec 14, 2019
Please suggest schools that give full funding for PhD in Chemical Engineering

Wes Evaluation: 3.89/4.0
Year of grad: 2019
GRE Score: Till Feb 2020
TOEFL Score: Till Feb 2020

Publication: 2 conference papers

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 12:07am On Dec 15, 2019
isaacbill01:

Please suggest schools that can give funding for Geosciences or environmental science.

Have you checked Georgia State Uni
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NwanyiOkpa(f): 12:11am On Dec 15, 2019
financialbreak:
Hello guys,

Can someone please help me with a list of generous schools for engineering students--especially for electrical electronics engineering?

I have shortlisted and mailed a few schools but none of them are committing themselves. They are just giving generic and evasive responses.

GRE 317
GPA 4.1/5

You need to google good schools for engineering in the USA and start visiting the departments page.

You need to be ready to research and read.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NwanyiOkpa(f): 12:12am On Dec 15, 2019
ahahnow:
Good day all. I got admission to a school but they gave me only 30 percent schokatship with no offering of assistamtship what other ways can I use to reduce the tuition by at least half Please?

Clarkson? Those ppl grin
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NwanyiOkpa(f): 12:13am On Dec 15, 2019
I wish to apply to MIT, UT Dallas, Penn State Uni, Uni Michigan Ann Arbor, UT Austin, Texas Tech, Wichita State University. what are my chances?

GRE: 286
GPA: 3.3/4
TOEFL: 91
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by solastar2: 4:25am On Dec 15, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:
I wish to apply to MIT, UT Dallas, Penn State Uni, Uni Michigan Ann Arbor, UT Austin, Texas Tech, Wichita State University. what are my chances?

GRE: 297
GPA: 3.4/4
TOEFL: 94

MIT, Ann Arbor I think they are waste of your application fees
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Princekenuk: 5:47am On Dec 15, 2019
From comments here, Manhattan is very resourceful in preparation of GRE quant section. Google seems to have blocked download access to it. Any person that can help with the PDF of Manhattan 5LB and Manhattan GRE set of 8 strategy guide?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NwanyiOkpa(f): 7:01am On Dec 15, 2019
solastar2:

MIT, Ann Arbor I think they are waste of your application fees

Hmmmmm
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ahahnow: 7:04am On Dec 15, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:

Clarkson? Those ppl grin

I don't understand. Please explain
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NwanyiOkpa(f): 7:08am On Dec 15, 2019
ahahnow:

I don't understand. Please explain

Which sch gave u 30%?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ahahnow: 7:37am On Dec 15, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:

Which sch gave u 30%?

University of Texas Tyler
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by segunbolawole: 8:43am On Dec 15, 2019
Hi bro, do you mind me sending you a pm, I want to ask what school you applied to, I intend on Agricultural Economics.
Sherlock5577:

Seriously I can't really say. I believe people have gotten funding with lower GRE scores. But a high GRE score could boost your chances of getting funding in higher tanked schools.
But you seem to have a good profile. I'd advise that you contact many more graduate coordinators. Search for "Agric Econs Gradcafe" on Google and you should find admission results for many schools. This might guide you. Also contact many professors who share similar research interests with you and make a decision from their response. If you get positive responses, then I would advise you apply. The thing about rewriting the exam is whether you'd be prepared enough to get a higher score. Moreover, early application is very important. Schools have deadlines for applicants hoping to get some assistantships. So if you'll rewrite you have limited one to prepare. But you should reach out to more researchers.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Phemols23: 8:43am On Dec 15, 2019
isaacbill01:
Please I need guys to suggest schools for my profile

BSc 3.52/5 (3.19/4 Wes evaluated )

GRE score : 300 (Verbal 144. Quant 156)

Please suggest schools that can give funding for Geosciences or environmental science.

Please start your application to GSU.
There is an environmental science program. I believe you will get the funding

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Phemols23: 8:50am On Dec 15, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:

Most of the schools you listed are highly ranked and it will be difficult to get in with your GRE score.
MIT(top 3)
Penn State(top50)
Michigan and Austin are also highly ranked.
I don’t know about others.
Try to Search for schools that are lower than them in rank.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NwanyiOkpa(f): 8:53am On Dec 15, 2019
Phemols23:

Most of the schools you listed are highly ranked and it will be difficult to get in with your GRE score.
MIT(top 3)
Penn State(top50)
Michigan and Austin are also highly ranked.
I don’t know about others.
Try to Search for schools that are lower than them in rank.

Okay.

Have gotten admission from Michigan Tech and Clarkson Uni.

Guess i will ve to modify my list.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by segunbolawole: 8:55am On Dec 15, 2019
Hi bro, do you mind me sending you a pm.. I'm also applying to the same course and school.

ridsan4real:
Admission decision Fall 2020
School: North Carolina A&T University
Course: MSC Agricultural and environmental system
Funding: No! Not yet
GRE: 294
1st degree GPA: 3.55/4.00
2nd degree GPA: 3.51/4.00

Nothing yet as regards funding.

Please kindly assist on how to get funding with NCAT...Abeg ooo

Thanks.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by segunbolawole: 8:57am On Dec 15, 2019
@TheZed
Hoping you see this, can I send a pm to you.

And how do I copy someone please,.?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Juwon21: 10:03am On Dec 15, 2019
Good morning family, I want to say that I have downloaded the materials for GRE from studyguide sent to my mail. I want to know that is that all I need cos I could see people talking about Magoosh here again.
Please help a brother by explaining more and even tips.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NwanyiOkpa(f): 10:40am On Dec 15, 2019
Juwon21:
Good morning family, I want to say that I have downloaded the materials for GRE from studyguide sent to my mail. I want to know that is that all I need cos I could see people talking about Magoosh here again.

Bro. The mistake i made was using too many materials

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Princekenuk: 12:48pm On Dec 15, 2019
Juwon21:

Some gurus here have also identified Manhattan to be the best in quant section. Magoosh is very good in preparing for verbal section. Their rich vocabulary and flashcard are excellent. How did you get the materials from studyguide?

Gathering lots of materials can disorganize you, so that you don't even know where to start from. Put yourself together and have a study plan. Work more on your areas of weakness. We can brainstorm together. Am taking my GRE on 13th January. God will surely help us out!

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Princekenuk: 12:52pm On Dec 15, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:

Okay.

Have gotten admission from Michigan Tech and Clarkson Uni.

Guess i will ve to modify my list.

Don't relax, modify it now there is still time. That MTU can be so stingy and they do have high volume of applicants all round the year courtesy of no application fee.

Sorry, I want to say that they are not good at funding. Do your search well. There are better schools.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by horlahsunbo225(m): 1:40pm On Dec 15, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:

Try KSU, GMU, OSU(oregon), UNT
Those schools u listed b4 will suck ur money
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by EazyJ(f): 7:06pm On Dec 15, 2019
Hi everyone.
When is WES evaluation required during application process? Is it before admission is given or after?

PS: I have my transcript already.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NwanyiOkpa(f): 10:30pm On Dec 15, 2019
ahahnow:

University of Texas Tyler

What is their tuition like for masters?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Sherlock5577: 11:07pm On Dec 15, 2019
segunbolawole:
Hi bro, do you mind me sending you a pm, I want to ask what school you applied to, I intend on Agricultural Economics.
Sure you can send me a pm. I am studying Geology.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by EazyJ(f): 3:56am On Dec 16, 2019
EazyJ:
Hi everyone.
When is WES evaluation required during application process? Is it before admission is given or after?

PS: I have my transcript already.

I need an answer please
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ahahnow: 7:37am On Dec 16, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:

What is their tuition like for masters?

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NwanyiOkpa(f): 9:13am On Dec 16, 2019
ahahnow:

after the 30% scholarship?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NwanyiOkpa(f): 9:21am On Dec 16, 2019
horlahsunbo225:

Try KSU, GMU, OSU(oregon), UNT
Those schools u listed b4 will suck ur money

I am not sure i am qualified for UNT based on their GRE requirement.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by NwanyiOkpa(f): 9:24am On Dec 16, 2019
EazyJ:

I need an answer please

before admission. if your school requires wes, then u need to start ur evaluation before u apply. WES takes long.

(1) (2) (3) ... (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.