Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,820 members, 7,817,395 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (554) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1352190 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by mostblessedman: 10:06am On Jun 13, 2020
Goodmorning house, Please is there a whatsapp or telegram group for those preparing for the GRE, please I would love to join. Please help a brother to stay motivated. Thank you.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Admitwithschola: 5:00pm On Jun 13, 2020
mostblessedman:
Goodmorning house, Please is there a whatsapp or telegram group for those preparing for the GRE, please I would love to join. Please help a brother to stay motivated. Thank you.

Our RAs have a study group for August GRE. Reach out to them via - stepoluchukwu@gmail.com.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Epithet: 11:01pm On Jun 14, 2020
1b8m:
Good morning house. I find it difficult taking the powerprep II test. I try to launch the test by clicking on the continue button but it doesnt bulge. Is there something I'm not doing right?

Go to the directory of your powerprep and look for the icon Launch.bat that should give direct access to the powerprep platform
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by 1b8m: 7:58pm On Jun 15, 2020
Thanks
Epithet:

Go to the directory of your powerprep and look for the icon Launch.bat that should give direct access to the powerprep platform
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Vicrown(m): 5:28pm On Jun 16, 2020
Interested in international postgraduate scholarships? Subscribe to my YouTube channel for tips and guidance on how to crack the nut.
Let's excel together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1GXyx4E89w

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by B2consult111: 11:12am On Jun 17, 2020
At B2consult we register TOEFL at 70k including the materials.
Officialhow:
Good day house.
Please how much is TOEFL registration?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by quitereal6: 9:10am On Jun 21, 2020
Epithet:

Hello!
Good morning, I trust you are doing good.

Please, what differentiates unofficial transcript from official transcript?
Can I prepare the unofficial transcript by myself? or do i need to go to the registrar of my school to get it?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 21, 2020
quitereal6:

Hello!

Can I prepare the unofficial transcript by myself? or do i need to go to the registrar of my school to get it?

From my understanding, unofficial means it is the student's copy each student is entitled to or the copy sent by you irrespective of whether it is stamped by the registrar or not. Official can mean stamped and signed by the registrar (sent by you or the institution). In my case, some schools have requested that the school sends the transcript even though the copy I have has been duly signed and stamped by my institution's registrar. While others had no issues with me sending the stamped copy. In the former, those schools saw official copy as that sent by the applicant's institution while in the latter they regard an official copy as that stamped by the applicant's registrar and sent either by the applicant's institution or him/herself.

In this COVID-19 era and lockdown everywhere, it is best the institution you apply to prefers the latter (assuming you have the stamped copy).
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by quitereal6: 12:13pm On Jun 21, 2020
NaotoKan:

From my understanding, unofficial means it is the student's copy each student is entitled to or the copy sent by you irrespective of whether it is stamped by the registrar or not. Official can mean stamped and signed by the registrar (sent by you or the institution). In my case, some schools have requested that the school sends the transcript even though the copy I have has been duly signed and stamped by my institution's registrar. While others had no issues with me sending the stamped copy. In the former, those schools saw official copy as that sent by the applicant's institution while in the latter they regard an official copy as that stamped by the applicant's registrar and sent either by the applicant's institution or him/herself.

In this COVID-19 era and lockdown everywhere, it is best the institution you apply to prefers the latter (assuming you have the stamped copy).
Nice! noted.
Thank you very much.

So I cannot prepare an unofficial transcript by myself? the institution prepares it and hands it over to me. All correct?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 21, 2020
quitereal6:

Nice! noted.
Thank you very much.

So I cannot prepare an unofficial transcript by myself? the institution prepares it and hands it over to me. All correct?

It depends on what the institution categorises as unofficial and yours presents to students. Mine doesn't issue student's copy, rather students apply formally to have it sent to the receiving organisation/institution. In simple terms, an official transcript should not have the term "student's copy" on it and should be duly signed and stamped by the registrar. Norwegian universities made me realise that even though it's signed and stamped by the registrar, the applicant's institution must send it not the applicant him/herself.

Apologies for digressing.

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by quitereal6: 8:44pm On Jun 21, 2020
NaotoKan:

It depends on what the institution categorises as unofficial and yours presents to students. Mine doesn't issue student's copy, rather students apply formally to have it sent to the receiving organisation/institution. In simple terms, an official transcript should not have the term "student's copy" on it and should be duly signed and stamped by the registrar. Norwegian universities made me realise that even though it's signed and stamped by the registrar, the applicant's institution must send it not the applicant him/herself.

Apologies for digressing.

Nice. All clear now. Thank you very much sir.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Epithet: 9:19pm On Jun 21, 2020
quitereal6:

Hello!

You have it defined appropriately, if you have a result database and you put together all of your results, then that's an unofficial collation of your result(Unofficial Transcript).

The official transcript is signed by the registrar, and a statement that indicates any alterations falsifies the transcript. It should also have the stamp of the exam and records.

The official transcript is reliable as you can misremember your result or the database might switch credit unit allocation. So schools would want a reliable official documentation of your result (The official transcript)
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by quitereal6: 8:22am On Jun 22, 2020
Epithet:

You have it defined appropriately, if you have a result database and you put together all of your results, then that's an unofficial collation of your result(Unofficial Transcript).

The official transcript is signed by the registrar, and a statement that indicates any alterations falsifies the transcript. It should also have the stamp of the exam and records.

The official transcript is reliable as you can misremember your result or the database might switch credit unit allocation. So schools would want a reliable official documentation of your result (The official transcript)
Very well explained. Thank you sir.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by panistefanin: 3:08pm On Jun 24, 2020
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Kimzylove(f): 2:27pm On Jun 25, 2020
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Gerrard59(m): 10:57pm On Jun 25, 2020
Kimzylove:
Good afternoon house, is WAEC a requirement for undergraduate studies abroad?

Yes because you have to present your previous educational attainment result for entry to an undergraduate program.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by calculator123(m): 11:56am On Jun 26, 2020
Epithet:

Epithet, can I shoot you an email?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by hansieluke(f): 2:02pm On Jun 26, 2020
In this lockdown period, its a very good practice to take GRE live online coaching , this will help you to get all online practicing along with study materials.

kenkool:

Thanks so much op for this write up, wish I saw this earlier before taking the test, I took the test few months back but am not ok with my scores especialy the verbal( The reading comprehension part sucks!). I realy wanna improve on it this time, which material will serve me well in this regard. And I will like to know where I can get more simulator for the test apart from the power prep. Thanks.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Thatjoyce: 10:59am On Jun 29, 2020
Hello everyone,

I gave the GRE last week and I scored 295 (Q: 151, V: 144) AWA 4.0. I have a CGPA 4.3/5.0, relevant industry experience and few done projects. Any hope of getting a funded GA in the US.?

Sincere views, please.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Jung(m): 11:47am On Jun 29, 2020
Thatjoyce:
Hello everyone,

I gave the GRE last week and I scored 295 (Q: 151, V: 144) AWA 4.0. I have a CGPA 4.3/5.0, relevant industry experience and few done projects. Any hope of getting a funded GA in the US.?

Sincere views, please.

Apologies oh, but this "I gave the GRE", biko is it correct? I know Indians use it a lot and their English get as e be. Someone help with this. If true, abeg examples.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by majiddele75: 2:26pm On Jun 29, 2020
Jung:

Apologies oh, but this "I gave the GRE", biko is it correct? I know Indians use it a lot and their English get as e be. Someone help with this. If true, abeg examples.
Do you suggest we change the topic from achieving a high GRE score to Grammer in English??

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Victorez007: 4:53pm On Jun 29, 2020
HOW TO SCORE A MINIMUM OF 7.5 BAND SCORE IN YOUR IELTS EXAM.

What is the High-Score IELTS Program?

The high-score IELTS program is a set of 5 short videos & study materials that walk you through a time tested ​formula for preparing for your IELTS exam and scoring a minimum of 7.5 band score.

With this high-score program, you do not need to spend exorbitant fees and a large chunk of your time to attend classes or hire a personal tutor.

​With this high-score IELTS program;

​You get to work at your own pace.
​You get to study without having to leave your house.
And you get to have a first hand experience of how you can truly boost up your score even if this is your first time writing this exam.

​Every year, many people spend N75,000 (per test) to write a IELTS exam and unfortunately, majority of them don't even score up to 6.0 (of 9)

If you have repeatedly failed in your English exam and need help. Then this is for you.

If you are trying to relocate to Canada or other countries that require a high score in your IELTS EXAM, this is for you

With this high-score program in your hands, you should be able to score at least 7.5 in your IELTS exam even if you have just 2 weeks to prepare

CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO LEARN MORE;

https:///ychl5d7l
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Jung(m): 9:07pm On Jun 29, 2020
majiddele75:

Do you suggest we change the topic from achieving a high GRE score to Grammer in English??

Lmfao guy you need the English laslas. You'll need it for verbal, so in the end, it's necessary. How do you achieve a high score if you bang verbal? How sir?

Answer you did not provide, instead you reply with another aimless question. Na wa ioh
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by majiddele75: 9:28pm On Jun 29, 2020
Jung:

Lmfao guy you need the English laslas. You'll need it for verbal, so in the end, it's necessary. How do you achieve a high score if you bang verbal? How sir?

Answer you did not provide, instead you reply with another aimless question. Na wa ioh
Trust me, I’m good with my Verbal scores
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Jung(m): 10:41pm On Jun 29, 2020
majiddele75:

Trust me, I’m good with my Verbal scores

So why the retort when you could have easily provided an answer to my question sir? What exactly were you trying to prove ?

This life ehn. Na wa.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by oriented(m): 3:16pm On Jun 30, 2020
Jung:

True
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by dope1: 3:57pm On Jun 30, 2020
Please i intend writing GRE this year for fall 2021. I was hoping to write GRE exams latest by oct 2020. With this whole covid19 and all, i am really in a discombobulated state. What is the lastest about GRE exams? Anyone?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Themaths(m): 11:09pm On Jun 30, 2020
dope1:
Please i intend writing GRE this year for fall 2021. I was hoping to write GRE exams latest by oct 2020. With this whole covid19 and all, i am really in a discombobulated state. What is the lastest about GRE exams? Anyone?
Fear not, you can take it from the comfort of your home.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by majiddele75: 12:44pm On Jul 02, 2020
Jung:

So why the retort when you could have easily provided an answer to my question sir? What exactly were you trying to prove ?

This life ehn. Na wa.
Go to the USA thread and look at how the rhetoric of gre score has completely changed the subject, I have been able to avert that happening here...
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Blessing456: 11:21pm On Jul 04, 2020
Maxchisom:

Hi,
can you send me a WhatsApp message. I'll be glad to get proper guide about preparing for the test.

Regards

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Blessing456: 9:45am On Jul 05, 2020
Hi everyone,
To those who have written the GRE exam or planning to write
I need help on;
1. How much is GRE? Been seeing some(45k,60k,80k,100k)...I really don’t know the exact price
2. Where to register
3.what books do I really need to pass?
4.can I prepare in 3 months?
5.is there like a group say WhatsApp where people planning to write can have a time to time discussion.
I’d appreciate a prompt and clear answers
Thank y’all.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 05, 2020
dope1:
I'm in the same situation..

Isn't october too late to take it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.