Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,504 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE - Education (92) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE (1354474 Views)

10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Learn The Gre Word List / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (618) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by firsttymum(f): 3:14pm On Jun 17, 2016
mrjojo:
done!
pls add me to the Facebook group
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by firsttymum(f): 3:16pm On Jun 17, 2016
DanjaNinja:

I found a standalone simulator for the GRE...Turns out its way better than POWERPREP. Holla me if you need a copy.
I need it o
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by daejih: 5:15pm On Jun 17, 2016
Hello everyone,
Please, find below the link to the magoosh Premium Videos I promised earlier. Couldn't use it as much as I would have loved to before I wrote my exam because I got it late. I hope it boosts your score as much as possible.

battoyyeb, temi4fash ...etc.

Y'all have been helpful in a lot of ways. And this is my own little way of giving back... for now.

NB: I'll pull it down in two weeks. For obvious reasons. Please, take advantage. Thank you and all the best in your prep.

cc: DanjaNinja, SirRiddy, CuteMorgan....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by battoyyeb(m): 9:54pm On Jun 17, 2016
daejih:
Hello everyone,
Please, find below the link to the magoosh Premium Videos I promised earlier. Couldn't use it as much as I would have loved to before I wrote my exam because I got it late. I hope it boosts your score as much as possible.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzH3jPJPYLjlRGl6STRmRExLMWs

Y'all have been helpful in a lot of ways. And this is my own little way of giving back... for now.

NB: I'll pull it down in two weeks. For obvious reasons. Please, take advantage. Thank you and all the best in your prep.

Thanks very much bro
Wish you success in all ur endeavor

1 Like

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 17, 2016
nice work daejih smiley
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 2:57am On Jun 18, 2016
It's feel good mailing grad school in the USA, they are so amiable and composed. They keep on the conversation as long as you continue to make sense.

Abeg were them see naija? Even to go my lecturer office, come back later, come back later.....

Please I need a huge help, I have been trying several searches but I didn't find the needed info. Please I need help in the ranking of tamucc and tamug in their marine biology programs
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 5:03am On Jun 18, 2016
grin grin grin
hi ponpon, you are correct, they are generally very personable.
You know your course is not one of the popular courses, you may need
to dig deeper to find course rankings. Good luck.
ponpon:
It's feel good mailing grad school in the USA, they are so amiable and composed. They keep on the conversation as long as you continue to make sense.

Abeg were them see naija? Even to go my lecturer office, come back later, come back later.....

Please I need a huge help, I have been trying several searches but I didn't find the needed info. Please I need help in the ranking of tamucc and tamug in their marine biology programs
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by mrjojo: 5:36am On Jun 18, 2016
firsttymum:
pls add me to the Facebook group
done
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by yuddy2(m): 6:37am On Jun 18, 2016
silentdude:

I studied MME as well, and I'm considering taking this exam. Can u please be kind enuf to give me more info abt your admssns. Is it that you're on a scholarship or self- sponsorship or graduate/research assistantship program.

I'm sorry and I don't mean to pry on you but I need some pointers. Thanks in advance for replying.
im so sorry, been really busy lately. Well, I'm not on sponsorship yet because I really did not try to get one. I can afford to pay fees at least for the 1st semester, for the 2nd semester funding is easily available depending on your rapport with your professors and English language proficiency. You shouldn't let anything deter you from your dreams, not even money. You should know once there is a will, there will always be a way. People of little mind will always find a reason not to excel. So my advise is do all the necessary test, apply like crazy, Source for fundings like crazy and hope for the best.

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by firsttymum(f): 8:38am On Jun 18, 2016
mrjojo:
done
Thanks alot... Pls edit the post and remove my email... Thanks alot
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Christian129(m): 9:41am On Jun 18, 2016
mrjojo:
done
please add me to the whatsapp group. Here is my number 08023497662
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Christian129(m): 9:41am On Jun 18, 2016
firsttymum:
I need it o
please I need it too.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by silentdude(m): 1:09pm On Jun 18, 2016
yuddy2:
im so sorry, been really busy lately. Well, I'm not on sponsorship yet because I really did not try to get one. I can afford to pay fees at least for the 1st semester, for the 2nd semester funding is easily available depending on your rapport with your professors and English language proficiency. You shouldn't let anything deter you from your dreams, not even money. You should know once there is a will, there will always be a way. People of little mind will always find a reason not to excel. So my advise is do all the necessary test, apply like crazy, Source for fundings like crazy and hope for the best.

Thanks Mehn
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Richiy(f): 2:09pm On Jun 18, 2016
I am taking the test next month cry . The Verbal and argumentative section I can succeed, but the nothing I have done is preparing me enough for the maths. I am almost desperate at this point. Me and maths are officially one and one million. Choi.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Richiy(f): 2:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
donxab:

Done

Can you pleas add this number 08131294002? Thank you.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 18, 2016
donxab:

I just created a whatsapp group for our GRE "Filial generation" you can all indicate interested to be add to the whatsapp group!
Let's go there!
Thanks
add me too 08121069256
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by biolaowo(m): 7:07pm On Jun 18, 2016
Pls add me too the group sir..,
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by segun4christ: 10:18pm On Jun 18, 2016
please add me too: 08067034194
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by segun4christ: 10:24pm On Jun 18, 2016
Please add me too: 08067034194
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 8:45am On Jun 19, 2016
SirRiddy what's the effect of school size and population on acceptance? TAMUG has just 162 graduate students but they it's strictly a marine science college while TAMUCC has 1837 graduate students and they have many departments?

In some rankings I saw TAMUCC ranked higher than tamug, but I didn't see the ranking of their marine program clearly, just general school ranking, although they all run a joint program tamug, tamucc and tamu college station.

Tamucc has a higher acceptance rate, application fee is lower,but tamug has higher endowment and it's more specific to just marine biology.

I need your view on this and others.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cephas0009: 12:26pm On Jun 19, 2016
Richiy:
I am taking the test next month cry . The Verbal and argumentative section I can succeed, but the nothing I have done is preparing me enough for the maths. I am almost desperate at this point. Me and maths are officially one and one million. Choi.

Have u tried watching d Magoosh videos?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by lobito007(m): 2:37pm On Jun 19, 2016
Cephas0009:

Have u tried watching d Magoosh videos?
Sup bro? Lost my phone a few months back, otherwise, I would have reached you. How far as regards admission? Which school offered you funding? Which are you heading to?
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cephas0009: 7:52pm On Jun 19, 2016
lobito007:

Sup bro? Lost my phone a few months back, otherwise, I would have reached you. How far as regards admission? Which school offered you funding? Which are you heading to?

Ehya Sorry about that... I got admission to SDSM&T and SIT both 4 MS Mechanical Engineering. I applied to just 3schools anyways. However, the both admission had no funding or assistantship attached to it. Major reason is dat their assistantship are reserved primarily for PhD students. I did contact faculty members b4 n after my admission n der reasons were either paucity of funds or preference 4 phd. I intend to defer d admission and in the process continue to speak with faculty members while applying to other schools too. I might also consider applying 4 phd too since SirRiddy highlighting dat 1 can get admit 4 phd n run away after msc (lol, dey think dey are smart abi tongue)...

I will also like to thank SirRiddy 4 his selfless contributions in dis group. I remember wen I stumble @ dis thread about dis time last year, he was my 1st point of contact, m happy for what he's achieved.

N oga lobito007 thanks 4 always keeping in touch, thanks to all dos that we communicate on whatsapp n via mails. N to everyone here 4 ur comments n contributions, like sirRiddy n oga DanjaNinja we'll have our stories to tell pretty soon.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by lobito007(m): 9:19pm On Jun 19, 2016
Cephas0009:

Ehya Sorry about that... I got admission to SDSM&T and SIT both 4 MS Mechanical Engineering. I applied to just 3schools anyways. However, the both admission had no funding or assistantship attached to it. Major reason is dat their assistantship are reserved primarily for PhD students. I did contact faculty members b4 n after my admission n der reasons were either paucity of funds or preference 4 phd. I intend to defer d admission and in the process continue to speak with faculty members while applying to other schools too. I might also consider applying 4 phd too since SirRiddy highlighting dat 1 can get admit 4 phd n run away after msc (lol, dey think dey are smart abi tongue)...

I will also like to thank SirRiddy 4 his selfless contributions in dis group. I remember wen I stumble @ dis thread about dis time last year, he was my 1st point of contact, m happy for what he's achieved.

N oga lobito007 thanks 4 always keeping in touch, thanks to all dos that we communicate on whatsapp n via mails. N to everyone here 4 ur comments n contributions, like sirRiddy n oga DanjaNinja we'll have our stories to tell pretty soon.
My! Hard guys! Studying in a US school without funding is not an option abeg. On the PhD trick, so you get awarded an MSc certificate on the path to PhD? Do you get this MSc cert before you complete your PhD study?
Even after getting the admission, one still faces a difficult decision quitting a regular paid job for MS study. Talk about uncertainty of choices.
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jun 19, 2016
ponpon:
SirRiddy what's the effect of school size and population on acceptance? TAMUG has just 162 graduate students but they it's strictly a marine science college while TAMUCC has 1837 graduate students and they have many departments?

In some rankings I saw TAMUCC ranked higher than tamug, but I didn't see the ranking of their marine program clearly, just general school ranking, although they all run a joint program tamug, tamucc and tamu college station.

Tamucc has a higher acceptance rate, application fee is lower,but tamug has higher endowment and it's more specific to just marine biology.

I need your view on this and others.
hi ponpon.
Basically the best guide to know how competitive a program
is the program rankings.
It is likely that College Station would have a better
ranked program than others since it is the best
Texas A & M college.
I am not sure the size of the grad school correlates
with how good or well ranked a program is.
Better endowned schools are generally better.
However, as I said earlier, the best metric is the program
rankings. I understand your plight, given that your course
is not one of the popular courses most students opt off.
Go to these indian forums and maybe ask:
the MS in US fall 16 FB group might be useful. Good luck

2 Likes

Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 19, 2016
hi cephas0009
Thank you for your kind words and for your
nice posts and contribution here too.
While applying to PhD programs, be sure to confirm if they
grant MS along the way. Not all PhD programs give those who
opt out MS degrees.
Good luck with your funding hunt smiley
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ponpon(m): 10:58pm On Jun 19, 2016
Thanks SirRiddy I just discovered that Galveston is a campus for college station where the marine program runs... Bless up...

Make application dey very sharp na him I dey hustle!
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ESFRANCIS01(m): 1:05am On Jun 20, 2016
femi321:
if you had read the thread you would have seen what you are looking for..anywaz here they are https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t9ot6d07hp1lkm7/AADL_dTihjEvNBRCBsmAcoXja?dl=0

Thanks for the link
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by ESFRANCIS01(m): 1:18am On Jun 20, 2016
mrjojo:
done
pls add me on Facebook
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cephas0009: 10:06am On Jun 20, 2016
lobito007:

My! Hard guys! Studying in a US school without funding is not an option abeg. On the PhD trick, so you get awarded an MSc certificate on the path to PhD? Do you get this MSc cert before you complete your PhD study?
Even after getting the admission, one still faces a difficult decision quitting a regular paid job for MS study. Talk about uncertainty of choices.

You get it baba... Maybe it's why m a bit calm about d whole process but m still careful to not get complacent. I have senior colleagues dat have left work 4 graduate school in US and 'ALL' of dem r saying it's a better choice
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Cephas0009: 10:09am On Jun 20, 2016
sirRiddy:
hi cephas0009
Thank you for your kind words and for your
nice posts and contribution here too.
While applying to PhD programs, be sure to confirm if they
grant MS along the way. Not all PhD programs give those who
opt out MS degrees.
Good luck with your funding hunt smiley

Thanks 4 dat info...M sending u an email right away, kindly act on it as soon as u find time
Re: How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 20, 2016
daejih:
Hello everyone,

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzH3jPJPYLjlRGl6STRmRExLMWs

You do correct baba........ thanks a lot

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) ... (618) (Reply)

The medical students and aspirants thread / Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.