Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,688 members, 7,831,129 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People - Culture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People (63482 Views)

Interesting Facts About The Igbo People / I Would Like To Know Some About Igbo Traditions / Marriage between Yoruba And Igbo people On The Rise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jul 29, 2014
You don't hate them but the sabotuers among them like okorocha and his boy abagworo.

Suspect33: Well, me i be igbo (anambra)....bt i no knw y i jst hate pple frm imo state angry

3 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Geedhey(m): 12:38pm On Jul 29, 2014
@ OP... I guess u've been able to achieve public sympathy u indedd to generate. Each person in life is judge according to his capability all dis tribalism wil nt take us anywhr in dis country rather focus on wht u cud personally achieve we start bashing each oda tribe tryin to feel good. I pity d future of dis country.... Outside thr we al categorized as nigerian smh..
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 29, 2014
A yoruba girl in my aunt's office used a special padlock to lock the AC protector in their MD's office. Whenever the AC is on,the juju spreads round the office and everything said,will be in her favour. Until they employed an NYSC member,who was a papa(leader of pentecostal corpers and a prayer warrior) and a yoruba boy too who noticed it,called everyone in the office,prayed and removed the padlock. The girl confessed and was sacked.
Their MD is also a yoruba man but half German since then he doesn't employ yoruba girls who are not born again.
The office is in Utako not far from mountain of fire for those who think I made up the story. I can tell you the company name too.

chuxyz: chai! Dem don carry juju enter city. Those people no deh fear to carry juju go another man's land. Yorubas Marketing and distributing juju since 932BC.

3 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by shaboti: 12:46pm On Jul 29, 2014
proudly igbo too but you guys should take it easy with the chest beating,, it pisses even me off

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by donanadave(m): 12:52pm On Jul 29, 2014
Isuochi boy, so glad my parents are igbo. smileymakes me one

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Lanceslot(m): 12:54pm On Jul 29, 2014
Elle780: Do you watch movies atall? They are many igbo movies.
Lemme list dem for u
nwanne murano
akidi
nne ife adigo
onye ntisa
ofor na ogu
ada owerr e.t.c Oga madam talk wetin u sabi
I can't stop laughing the day I watch CAPTAIN. Osuofia and Mark 4.

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by chuxyz(m): 12:55pm On Jul 29, 2014
peppyluv02: A yoruba girl in my aunt's office used a special padlock to lock the AC protector in their MD's office. Whenever the AC is on,the juju spreads round the office and everything said,will be in her favour. Until they employed an NYSC member,who was a papa(leader of pentecostal corpers and a prayer warrior) and a yoruba boy too who noticed it,called everyone in the office,prayed and removed the padlock. The girl confessed and was sacked.
Their MD is also a yoruba man but half German since then he doesn't employ yoruba girls who are not born again.
The office is in Utako not far from mountain of fire for those who think I made up the story. I can tell you the company name too.

wonders shall never end but yorubas want to use juju and end it. Anywhere they see igbos they will spring up out of jealousy. Inferiority complex na ihn deh worry them. They can't thrive in our land whilst they are jealous we are conquerous and no respecter of foreign land when it comes success and breakthrough

3 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by kokolet007(f): 12:57pm On Jul 29, 2014
customized07: what a shallow sense of reasoning, because a hausa man is the richest makes them the economic backbone of nigeria, hmmmm, your logic is laughable.
It seems u don't know buh am telling u .......Dangote is one of the backboneand strong one indeed behind NIGERIA economy!
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by 500GP: 12:57pm On Jul 29, 2014
maestroferddi: We cherish class. We made Nollywood tick. Why create numerous genres in poorly-rated channels hardly watched by viewers? An average non-Nigeria has no business tuning in to the sheer mediocrity called indigenous channels: they would plump for Nollywood where Igbo cultural depiction naturally holds sway. Even in terrestrial stations, how often do you see indigenous movies get prime time screening? It is still English based/Igbo content movies that carry the day while your agbomagbe films only get a look-in in the dead of the night when most viewers are having sweet dreams. No local champion stuff... Well watch that chap Phyno seize the moment in the Nigerian music firmament. Igbos, a darn tough art to follow...

NO NEED TO BLAB WITH YOU

Data in 2011 from the Nigerian Films and Videos
Census Board (NFVCB) indicated that 1,743 and
1,234 movies were respectively registered and
approved. The percentages produced in 2010 in
the main languages were 44 percent English, 31
percent Yoruba, 24 percent Hausa and 1 percent
Igbo.

ASK CHIDINMA, DR SID, DON JAZZY, SUSPECT ABOUT YORUBA LANGUAGE MADE THEIR SONG HIT LIMELIGHT

IF NOT FOR OLAMIDE WHO WOULD HAVE KNOWN PHYNO. OLAMIDE DID JUSTICE TO PHYNO'S GHOST MODE

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by 500GP: 12:58pm On Jul 29, 2014
maestroferddi: We cherish class. We made Nollywood tick. Why create numerous genres in poorly-rated channels hardly watched by viewers? An average non-Nigeria has no business tuning in to the sheer mediocrity called indigenous channels: they would plump for Nollywood where Igbo cultural depiction naturally holds sway. Even in terrestrial stations, how often do you see indigenous movies get prime time screening? It is still English based/Igbo content movies that carry the day while your agbomagbe films only get a look-in in the dead of the night when most viewers are having sweet dreams. No local champion stuff... Well watch that chap Phyno seize the moment in the Nigerian music firmament. Igbos, a darn tough art to follow...

NO NEED TO BLAB WITH YOU

Data in 2011 from the Nigerian Films and Videos
Census Board (NFVCB) indicated that 1,743 and
1,234 movies were respectively registered and
approved. The percentages produced in 2010 in
the main languages were 44 percent English, 31
percent Yoruba, 24 percent Hausa and 1 percent
Igbo.

ASK CHIDINMA, DR SID, DON JAZZY, SUSPECT ABOUT YORUBA LANGUAGE MADE THEIR SONG HIT LIMELIGHT

IF NOT FOR OLAMIDE WHO WOULD HAVE KNOWN PHYNO. OLAMIDE DID JUSTICE TO PHYNO'S GHOST MODE

#AM OUT. PEACE

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by ogwomba(m): 12:58pm On Jul 29, 2014
From Obollo Afor hailing the Igbos in the house, Proudest Igbo man.

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 29, 2014
There is no governor in lagos that wouldnt give an Igbo man a political appointment. You think its for no reason? Thats cos our presence in lagos cannot be ignored. Whoever the Igbos supports in lagos wins. This time we are not supporting APC make we see there magic as e go!

6 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by 500GP: 12:59pm On Jul 29, 2014
customized07: because your level of incoherence is now given the government of nigeria headache, you made a statement out of bigotry without any apposite reason. Now I will ask again, why do you think igbo is a shame to human race?

I HAVE ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION. IF ONLY YOU CAN USED YOUR BRAIN TO DECIPHER THE ANSWER
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by customized07: 1:00pm On Jul 29, 2014
kokolet007:
It seems u don't know buh am telling u .......Dangote is one of the backboneand strong one indeed behind NIGERIA economy!
now listen to yourself.
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by customized07: 1:01pm On Jul 29, 2014
500GP:

I HAVE ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION. IF ONLY YOU CAN USED YOUR BRAIN TO DECIPHER THE ANSWER
I don't understand bleating, that was what you did.
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by 500GP: 1:02pm On Jul 29, 2014
peppyluv02: Coming from an old man who comes from a tribe where men molest their daughters. Even a so called Oba molested a corp member! undecided

STORY FOR THE GODS.

CHIKA HAS FAILED DRUG TEST. SHE HAS BEEN SENT OUT PACKING FROM THE ONGOING COMMONWEALTH.

ASK FELIX, HOW HE BAGGED 268 IMPRISONMENT IN USA.

#OLORIBURUKU OMO, MA SAFANI

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by busterr(m): 1:03pm On Jul 29, 2014
Proudly igbo!!!

But as a full blooded igbo, we don't feel intimated by anything especially when we are about to say the truth!!

Even here i won't be intimidated by anybody esp. my igbo brothers when i drop this bombshell.

How can you give us only the good sides??
Every great thing in this world has bad sides.

Igbos are discriminatory in nature, we look down on people who comes from different ethnic group esp the northerners.
Even among ourselves, we regard more of people who comes from the same state or hometown as us.
Someone from anambra or imo will discriminate someone from enugu or ebonyi and vice versa.
Even among us, we're not fully united.
When igbos are gathered in a group, first question usually is, 'what's your name and where do you come from' they will defo use that against you or for you when giving out positions or goodies.

Nevertheless

Igbos are great, always prosperous and the heartbeat of this country.

Buster, Repping imo.

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by busterr(m): 1:05pm On Jul 29, 2014
500GP:

STORY FOR THE GODS.

CHIKA HAS FAILED DRUG TEST. SHE HAS BEEN SENT OUT PACKING FROM THE ONGOING COMMONWEALTH.

#OLORIBURUKU OMO, MA SAFANI

chika is still undergoing b tests that's the report right now, there's a speculation that the first test isn't right.
#anuohia

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by kokolet007(f): 1:06pm On Jul 29, 2014
Bonaventura:
Yes, Dangote is the richest man in Nigeria but being the richest man in a region that more than 90 percent of others wallow in abject penury does not suffice.
The Igbos in Nigeria have the highest standard of living in Nigeria. An average Igbo village has better houses and amenities than any other region in Nigeria.
There are more billionaires in Igboland than any other nation in Nigeria.
Who's giving u those analyses! U mean is only in ur village u have better houses#laffining in chiness# and ur billionaires are not accounted for? Do u knw how many mouth dangote is feeding in ur villages? Except if u dnt ur village is inside sambisa forest
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by shaboti: 1:08pm On Jul 29, 2014
busterr: Proudly igbo!!!

But as a full blooded igbo, we don't feel intimated by anything especially when we are about to say the truth!!

Even here i won't be intimidated by anybody esp. my igbo brothers when i drop this bombshell.

How can you give us only the good sides??
Every great thing in this world has bad sides.

Igbos are discriminatory in nature, we look down on people who comes from different ethnic group esp the northerners.
Even among ourselves, we regard more of people who comes from the same state or hometown as us.
Someone from anambra or imo will discriminate someone from enugu or ebonyi and vice versa.
Even among us, we're not fully united.
When igbos are gathered in a group, first question usually is, 'what's your name and where do you come from' they will defo use that against you or for you when giving out positions or goodies.

Nevertheless

Igbos are great, always prosperous and the heartbeat of this country.

Buster, Repping imo.
yes oo,, we always ignore our flaws. And those of us on nairaland (the tribalists) dem sabi beat chest ehhn, mtchw

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by 500GP: 1:09pm On Jul 29, 2014
busterr:

chika is still undergoing b tests that's the report right now, there's a speculation that the first test isn't right.
#anuohia
.DEFENDING WHAT CAN NOT BE DEFEND.

YOUR TRIBE ALWAYS LOOK FOR SHORT CUT
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by kokolet007(f): 1:09pm On Jul 29, 2014
customized07: now listen to yourself.
Its jus a typo error ,so?
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by 500GP: 1:09pm On Jul 29, 2014
customized07: I don't understand bleating, that was what you did.

LAMENTATION OF CUSTOMIZED07
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 29, 2014
We are not boasting,they are insulting us for no reason. The op never started this thread inorder to boast but educating others but jealousy won't let their leprosy fingers to read and not comment.

shaboti: proudly igbo too but you guys should take it easy with the chest beating,, it pisses even me off

1 Like

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by customized07: 1:15pm On Jul 29, 2014
kokolet007:
Its jus a typo error ,so?
not the typo, you said dangote is "one of the strong-holds" of nigeria economy, that statement says it all.
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 29, 2014
Efik,annang are not your cousins and can never be...we don't share dsame culture or heritage.., sorry if it hot but I don't like Igbos
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by FILUX(m): 1:18pm On Jul 29, 2014
I believe Igbos are the lost tribe of Israel and what brought us down here is the discriminatio of white black issue.
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by customized07: 1:19pm On Jul 29, 2014
Buoyantic: Efik,annang are not your cousins and can never be...we don't share dsame culture or heritage.., sorry if it hot but I don't like Igbos
we don't like you too, but bare it in mind that annang and ibibio also use the igbo warrior cap. Your language disgust us.

6 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 29, 2014
Lol yorubas have been disgracing us in UK.
The highest fraud case of a so called yoruba pastor and his wife who stole about 4million pounds from victims!!

micheal adebolajo the terrorist!!

Four ndlea yoruba officials nabbed for drug trafficking in malaysia!!

the most wanted drug pshers in the US by the CIA are two yoruba women or are we forgetting the first class fraudsters cheesy cheesy

The topics are all on nl and you were viewing them,shame no gree you comment.

Ekwensu!

500GP:

STORY FOR THE GODS.

# My Family and I are OLORIBURUKU OMO, MA SAFANI

2 Likes

Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by ChristineC: 1:25pm On Jul 29, 2014
#that Igbo chic# cheesy
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 29, 2014
customized07: we don't like you too, but bare it in mind that annang and ibibio also use the igbo warrior cap. Your language disgust us.
ritualistic bigot..
Re: Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People by DocAdray(f): 1:29pm On Jul 29, 2014
Proudly Igbo!

Ndi banyi, mma mma nu oooo...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (27) (Reply)

Tanzanian Women Twerk In Public, Go Viral. See Reactions (photos) / What Does 'Iyawo' Mean? / Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.