Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,712 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

Relationhip And Single Mum - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Relationhip And Single Mum (1142 Views)

Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? / Tips To Becoming A Great Single Mum / Am A Single Mum About To Get Married To A Divorcee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relationhip And Single Mum by Nobody: 6:29am On Jul 29, 2014
How soon should a single mum reveal her status in a relationship that wunt end up dissapointing the man.
Is it at the very start of the relationship or towards the time the man is seriously in love and wants to take the relationship to the next level?

Your honest opinions please!
Re: Relationhip And Single Mum by Prowizy2(m): 8:28am On Jul 29, 2014
Is that you on your DP? Chai, Your guy try o!! angry
Re: Relationhip And Single Mum by edwife(f): 9:11am On Jul 29, 2014
ephee: How soon should a single mum reveal her status in a relationship that wunt end up dissapointing the man.
Is it at the very start of the relationship or towards the time the man is seriously in love and wants to take the relationship to the next level?

Please pay no attention to insults,welcome to Nairaland.You can see they are here already......

I suggest you let him know from the onset of the relationship.Honesty is an integral part of a good relationship,why wait until the guy is in love with you?I don't think it will change anything,rather will make him despise you for not being forward and let him know what is getting into.

If you are proud and love your child,there is no need to hide their existence to anyone,especially someone you intend to share your life with.

5 Likes

Re: Relationhip And Single Mum by crackhaus: 11:42am On Jul 29, 2014
At the start of the relationship please, in fact on the very first date.
I expect the conversation on a first date to be about things that are an important part of their lives, thus a single mum must not fail to talk about her kid(s).

3 Likes

Re: Relationhip And Single Mum by onegig(m): 1:18pm On Jul 29, 2014
At the start. Why hide it?

You don't need to go into all details. Just a one liner would do. Let him be the one to ask for the full details.

Words like..."oh, my boy likes this particular ice cream a lot" when you eat out at a place or something that would give the hint of you having a kid before. That should put him on the spotlight to ask more questions and lift the pressure off you. All you need do from then on is to answer his questions. From his questions and body language you should be able to find out many things about him and if he would be thrilled to continue things in the face of the new facts.

3 Likes

Re: Relationhip And Single Mum by shizzleStar: 2:13pm On Jul 29, 2014
**edited
Re: Relationhip And Single Mum by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 29, 2014
Prowizy2:
Is that you on your DP? Chai, Your guy try o!! angry

Hw do u mean? Can u be more explicit
Re: Relationhip And Single Mum by thorpido(m): 3:18pm On Jul 29, 2014
Tell him from the start.Let him make the decision to go ahead or not.

2 Likes

Re: Relationhip And Single Mum by beeevan: 4:00pm On Jul 29, 2014
Tell him from the start.

1 Like

Re: Relationhip And Single Mum by coogar: 4:39pm On Jul 29, 2014
ephee: How soon should a single mum reveal her status in a relationship that wunt end up dissapointing the man.

you don't have to start telling every tom, dïck & emeka about your status. to the men you don't want in your life, keep mum.

to the ones you think you like, tell them when they are doing the wooing. he can decide then if he likes your status or not.

1 Like

Re: Relationhip And Single Mum by sheniqua: 4:45pm On Jul 29, 2014

From the get go
Re: Relationhip And Single Mum by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 29, 2014
sheniqua:

From the get go

Tanx dear.tout as much
Re: Relationhip And Single Mum by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 29, 2014
coogar:

you don't have to start telling every tom, dïck & emeka about your status. to the men you don't want in your life, keep mum.

to the ones you think you like, tell them when they are doing the wooing. he can decide then if he likes your status or not.

Tanx a lot.I luv ur opinion
Re: Relationhip And Single Mum by Nobody: 6:11am On Jul 30, 2014

Take it from me @ephee, the sooner the better, like as in the first 5 minutes even. You must never leave this vital info out! And I wouldn't wait until too long, as in, when you guys feel like the relationship can be something very serious, I would have him meet the kids. Their reaction should be telling on how he can match with them!
Re: Relationhip And Single Mum by freakcin: 5:33pm On Jul 30, 2014
If a man really wants you, a million kids won't stop him but keeping such info till later might prompt misgivings on the part of the guy.. . . suffice it to say, let him know ASAP!

1 Like

Re: Relationhip And Single Mum by Youngpo413: 3:34pm On Dec 16, 2014
ephee:
How soon should a single mum reveal her status in a relationship that wunt end up dissapointing the man.

at the start of the relationship will be better,a man who really loves you will continue to.

(1) (Reply)

Your View On Birthing Thesame Gender: / Help!!!!!!!!! My Landlady Wants To Eject Me Unjustly / Children Who Look Like Old Age Pensioner (OAP) Before Their Second Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.