Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online - Business (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online (487971 Views)

How To Make $1,000 Or More Every Month From Simple Food Business / Make A Huge Money Through Writing And Researching Online / Make Money In Writing And Researching Online As A Freelancer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by tranxo(m): 5:49pm On Mar 20, 2015
Hello all. Hope we are all digging in. I thought I should share an experience I had today on Freelancer here so that we may learn a thing or two from it. This is because sometimes, when transacting business online, we tend to forget it should conform to the same business ethics we usually insist on when handling offline/face to face businesses.

An employer engaged me several days ago for a 3-part writing project of 250 words each - content for his website. I delivered, he was happy, offered another similar batch, which I also did. The 6 articles are live on his site. For each of the 2 batches, I asked for milestone creation, which he did and have released all.

This morning, he contacted me under the same project (which by the way was still IN PROGRESS because it was meant to be an ongoing one), proposing another assignment somehow different from the original project description. This one was for 30 articles of 45 words each. He made an offer and I consented. I then requested for milestone creation and he started talking about trust, that I should not fear 'cos he will pay me after the project is done. I refused. Now, I didn't even know that he had gone ahead to create milestone (I was on mobile so probably didn't see the email notification).

Next thing, he started talking in an arrogant and condescending manner, saying that after I finish with this, he will have to engage his other writers for future projects. I told him he shouldn't speak as if I don't even have a choice of accepting or rejecting the work, and that it's not as if I am begging for work, after all this is a business from which both of us are benefiting.

The guy come vex oooo say e no dey work with me again. I tell am fine make he kukuma end d project since the thing wey make am create am don finish, cos this one wey he bring now na anoda matter.

Lol. Well he opened a dispute for his milestone, which I agreed to. The thing we tire me be say, he went ahead to mark the project as incomplete and gave me a rating of 1.8 claiming that my writing was below average. I was livid! Can you imagine the audacity? Anyway I have responded to the feedback comment but I wonder why Freelancer seem to protect the employer in such cases. Freelancers do not have a way of rating the employer when an incomplete report is given. Those red comments ought to appear on the employer's profile too.

Lesson:

I know sometimes we take the risk of overlooking certain things just because we feel we can trust someone, or because they have not defaulted in the past. But I believe it is good we have a standard and stick to it.

One thing I will advise us all, especially in line with what ladywriter said about insisting you get reviews from completed projects is that, once the terms of a project changes, request for that particular project to be ended, and another one opened for the fresh project. This way, you stand a better chance of getting the reviews you deserve. Some employers are funny. They will be clear initially, but as time goes on, they may start putting in other requirements that may affect the quality of your work and they will use it to judge the whole project.

We shall get there. Shalom.

7 Likes

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 6:19pm On Mar 20, 2015
tranxo:
Hello all. Hope we are all digging in.

Lol. Well he opened a dispute for his milestone, which I agreed to. The thing we tire me be say, he went ahead to mark the project as incomplete and gave me a rating of 1.8 claiming that my writing was below average. I was livid! Can you imagine the audacity? Anyway I have responded to the feedback comment but I wonder why Freelancer seem to protect the employer in such cases. Freelancers do not have a way of rating the employer when an incomplete report is given. Those red comments ought to appear on the employer's profile too.

There is a way you can respond to the feedback and it will appear on your profile page. So that other employers will read your own part of the story. I will try and remember the process.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by tranxo(m): 6:23pm On Mar 20, 2015
ladywriter:

There is a way you can respond to the feedback and it will appear on your profile page. So that other employers will read your own part of the story. I will try and remember the process.
Yes I know the way and I have done it. I was actually saying there is no way for the freelancer to give a rating will appear on the employer's profile page.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 8:11pm On Mar 20, 2015
cremeandchic:

Biko, i don't mind o. Are u on Fiverr?
i'm sure i don't need to ask if u can write well...Lol

Yes madam o, I am on fiverr. Here is my id: https://www.fiverr.com/users/smartclem
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by cremeandchic: 8:53pm On Mar 20, 2015
INDESTRUCTABLEX:

Yes madam o, I am on fiverr. Here is my id: https://www.fiverr.com/users/smartclem

I have looked at it. Nice work.

I would log in and save ur gig 2moro. i Should have work for u by Monday.

Take care.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by OkunrinMeta: 9:30pm On Mar 20, 2015
tranxo:
Hello all. Hope we are all digging in. .........................

Lesson:

I know sometimes we take the risk of overlooking certain things just because we feel we can trust someone, or because they have not defaulted in the past. But I believe it is good we have a standard and stick to it.

One thing I will advise us all, especially in line with what ladywriter said about insisting you get reviews from completed projects is that, once the terms of a project changes, request for that particular project to be ended, and another one opened for the fresh project. This way, you stand a better chance of getting the reviews you deserve. Some employers are funny. They will be clear initially, but as time goes on, they may start putting in other requirements that may affect the quality of your work and they will use it to judge the whole project.

some employers can be devilish. Even as a new commer, I know that much from comments here and my litle experience on freelancer. We learn from it noni. My indian employer finally paid my 10 dollars. I had a lot of reasons to get angry and insult him. 9 out of ten times, I wouldnt take the rubish but I just had to. They know the power they have and some will blackmail you with it. The guy was telling me "If you argue with me, i wont release you mile stone and will not mark the project completed and it will show on your profile.....". He later gave me a good review, as if he wasnt a pain in the ass. He almost demanded that i gave him a review too. Even though I dislike him, i still gave him an excellent review in exchange for one myself. I advise you to be more tolerant. In a forum like Nairaland, if you insult me, i go talk my own but on freelancer when money is involved and u have the advantage, i will tell you "sorry sir!" After i get my money and the project is closed, if am still angry then i can ...........

All in all, i believe your positive ratings and your response will help you convince potential customers.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by OkunrinMeta: 9:40pm On Mar 20, 2015
cremeandchic:

My dear, it's like that sometimes. Been through hell and back in this business but i thank God today.

You just have to persevere. This week now my ratings on Fiverr dropped to 92% from 100% because of too many cancelled orders. I don't have more than two hands and one brain. This people would see bulk of orders in queue and they'll still go ahead to place their order and start insulting you. Eventually, they cancel and your ratings drop. Sometimes, i wonder if some of them are not just possessed by demons because of the way they behave.

But what can we say? It's our source of livelihood. We just gotta persevere.
Thanks for the encouragement. I think its best to suspend gigs temporarily when you have too much orders already, if that is possible. Another option is for you to start managing a team of new writers for fiverr and/or freelancer. Worst case, you will just have to edit some of their articles and do a brief training. You will be able to do lot more and probably get above Level 2. Even this indians wey no hear english dey do am.

1 Like

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by OkunrinMeta: 9:43pm On Mar 20, 2015
ladywriter:

@Okunrinmeta, I sent you a mail, did you see it?

Ive replied you. Your advise and/or projects will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by tranxo(m): 10:33pm On Mar 20, 2015
OkunrinMeta:

some employers can be devilish. Even as a new commer, I know that much from comments here and my litle experience on freelancer. We learn from it noni. My indian employer finally paid my 10 dollars. I had a lot of reasons to get angry and insult him. 9 out of ten times, I wouldnt take the rubish but I just had to. They know the power they have and some will blackmail you with it. The guy was telling me "If you argue with me, i wont release you mile stone and will not mark the project completed and it will show on your profile.....". He later gave me a good review, as if he wasnt a pain in the ass. He almost demanded that i gave him a review too. Even though I dislike him, i still gave him an excellent review in exchange for one myself. I advise you to be more tolerant. In a forum like Nairaland, if you insult me, i go talk my own but on freelancer when money is involved and u have the advantage, i will tell you "sorry sir!" After i get my money and the project is closed, if am still angry then i can ...........

All in all, i believe your positive ratings and your response will help you convince potential customers.

Well said. Thanks.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by cremeandchic: 10:47pm On Mar 20, 2015
OkunrinMeta:

Thanks for the encouragement. I think its best to suspend gigs temporarily when you have too much orders already, if that is possible. Another option is for you to start managing a team of new writers for fiverr and/or freelancer. Worst case, you will just have to edit some of their articles and do a brief training. You will be able to do lot more and probably get above Level 2. Even this indians wey no hear english dey do am.

My ant eyes no dey gree me suspend gig o. I always feel like i can hanlde it until reality hits me in the face. Although i do activate holiday mode sometimes.

I have an assistant that types for me but i don't really like sub-contracting the main writing work. I would look into getting help. Probably start a review program here and sub-contract to those who need reviews. That should do the trick.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by cremeandchic: 10:49pm On Mar 20, 2015
OkunrinMeta:

Freelancer gives too much power to the client. it should be balanced.

Anyway, thank God you got ur money.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by cremeandchic: 9:34am On Mar 21, 2015
INDESTRUCTABLEX:

Please check your mail, it's urgent.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by INDESTRUCTABLEX(m): 9:42am On Mar 21, 2015
cremeandchic:

Please check your mail, it's urgent.

I have replied.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Emmyk(m): 10:43pm On Mar 22, 2015
Observing... cool
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by G12(m): 5:40am On Mar 23, 2015
cremeandchic:

Please, would you mind engaging my service on fiverr. I am a good writer. I wouldn't mind writing 2 articles for the price of one to get an awesome high review.

My review rating has dropped and I believe that has been affecting my sales. I got one from a disgruntled client whom I sent a custom offer on her request. She happened to aso be my first client. She purchased the gig and didn't give title or any details except that she was going to the hospital. All my mesages to her were not replied, I guess she was on admission. In other to meet up with the deadline, I decided to work out something for her based on our previous discussion, and also explained to her why I made the decision, letting her know that she could still pick a title if it becomes necessary for her. When she got back she confirmed that she was truly and admitted and apologized for everything. But she shocked me with a "satisfactory 3 star" review. I took it as she didn't know the implication of that, neither did I as much initially until now... I was just starting out on fiverr then, but now I know better.

After her, I had another client who made 5 purchases altogether for 2 of my gigs and left me an excellent review for each. I was very grateful to him for believing in my ability despite seing the "not too good" review.

Please, I really need a few high reviews to make up for the other one. Trust you can help. I wouldn't mind going by your terms.

Please, consider me.

Waiting like a patient dog to read your response, hoping to get a big bone. hehehe

Thanks!
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by masterz(m): 10:42am On Mar 23, 2015
hello house...

please advice...
created fiverr account and put up gigs... 7 allowable for newbie...but i added gig extras ...because the option was available... 2days later... all my gigs were denied.

what should i do?
no copyright infringements whatsoever

please help
thank you
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by cremeandchic: 8:45pm On Mar 23, 2015
G12:

Please, would you mind engaging my service on fiverr. I am a good writer. I wouldn't mind writing 2 articles for the price of one to get an awesome high review.

My review rating has dropped and I believe that has been affecting my sales. I got one from a disgruntled client whom I sent a custom offer on her request. She happened to aso be my first client. She purchased the gig and didn't give title or any details except that she was going to the hospital. All my mesages to her were not replied, I guess she was on admission. In other to meet up with the deadline, I decided to work out something for her based on our previous discussion, and also explained to her why I made the decision, letting her know that she could still pick a title if it becomes necessary for her. When she got back she confirmed that she was truly and admitted and apologized for everything. But she shocked me with a "satisfactory 3 star" review. I took it as she didn't know the implication of that, neither did I as much initially until now... I was just starting out on fiverr then, but now I know better.

After her, I had another client who made 5 purchases altogether for 2 of my gigs and left me an excellent review for each. I was very grateful to him for believing in my ability despite seing the "not too good" review.

Please, I really need a few high reviews to make up for the other one. Trust you can help. I wouldn't mind going by your terms.

Please, consider me.

Waiting like a patient dog to read your response, hoping to get a big bone. hehehe

Thanks!

Post a link to your gig or send it in a mail to cremeandchic@gmail.com.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Nelton(m): 8:46pm On Mar 23, 2015
cremeandchic:

You need reviews on your Fiverr gig to get clients. Ou also need to optimize ur gig to make it more visible to clients.

What are you selling?

Post a lnk to your gig, i'll buy 2 gigs and give you two reviews.

I just sent you an email via Nairaland please reply back. Here is my email you can also reach me here teokoro1@gmail.com. Thanks so much I appreciate your willingness to help.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by cremeandchic: 8:48pm On Mar 23, 2015
masterz:
hello house...

please advice...
created fiverr account and put up gigs... 7 allowable for newbie...but i added gig extras ...because the option was available... 2days later... all my gigs were denied.

what should i do?
no copyright infringements whatsoever

please help
thank you

What kind of gigs? I mean what services were you trying to sell? i'm asking because if you try to sell anything that isn't in line with Fiverr's TOS, the gig would be denied.

Why not trh creating one gig at a time?
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by cremeandchic: 8:49pm On Mar 23, 2015
Nelton:

I just sent you an email via Nairaland please reply back. Here is my email you can also reach me here teokoro1@gmail.com. Thanks so much I appreciate your willingness to help.

Replied you already.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by G12(m): 9:04pm On Mar 23, 2015
cremeandchic:

ok, thanks.
Will do tomorrow, I have a US account and uses a VPN to access it, but my PC is currently down.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Nelton(m): 9:10pm On Mar 23, 2015
cremeandchic:

Replied you already.
I didn't get it. I just sent you another mail via your gmail account, I hope you got it.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by masterz(m): 10:23am On Mar 24, 2015
cremeandchic:

What kind of gigs? I mean what services were you trying to sell? i'm asking because if you try to sell anything that isn't in line with Fiverr's TOS, the gig would be denied.

Why not trh creating one gig at a time?

thanks madam cremeandchic,

i contacted customer care and in the reply, they stated that i have more than one account. which in actual fact is true.
i was trying a plug in to my browser - zenmate plug in.

so the gigs in the two accounts even though the accounts were selling unrelated stuffs were both denied.

though i still have my old account there, just in case anyone wants to order. smiley

@madam cremeandchic, thanks again for your response

also, madam cremeandchic, if you have any writing gig available, am your boy o.

https://www.fiverr.com/users/masterz98/ ---my account

https://www.fiverr.com/s/7z42dr --- link to my writing gig; it is an article rewriting gig, but dont worry. i can deliver via it.

thank you madam cremeandchic
thank you house
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 24, 2015
Isent a mail ma'am cheesy
cremeandchic:

Replied you already.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Emmyk(m): 9:28pm On Mar 24, 2015
Good Evening house. Please I was notified some two days ago that my Payoneer card would arrive next month....and I don't really know where it would be available for me to go collect it. Heck, I only input my address, not any mail box .. Will Payoneer contact me when the card arrives so we can have a rendezvous? smiley
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by jonaboy: 10:42pm On Mar 24, 2015
Emmyk:
Good Evening house. Please I was notified some two days ago that my Payoneer card would arrive next month....and I don't really know where it would be available for me to go collect it. Heck, I only input my address, not any mail box .. Will Payoneer contact me when the card arrives so we can have a rendezvous? smiley
. The easy and fastest way to get your payoneer card here in Nigeria is by using a P.M.B. Or P.O. Box. In your case I don't really know how it would play out.
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by G12(m): 11:09pm On Mar 24, 2015
cremeandchic:

mail sent.

thanks
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 25, 2015
I have an urgent project I want to proofread. Which website do you use to proofread your articles? Urgent responses are needed please. Thanks
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 8:56am On Mar 25, 2015
Chidinho10:
I have an urgent project I want to proofread. Which website do you use to proofread your articles? Urgent responses are needed please. Thanks

Use Google to search for it. There are gazillions of websites offering the service, you only need to get the right one. I use a software - Hemmingway for proofreading, i think it is around $7 or so. You can invest in it for your business.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 25, 2015
ladywriter:

Use Google to search for it. There are gazillions of websites offering the service, you only need to get the right one. I use a software - Hemmingway for proofreading, i think it is around $7 or so. You can invest in it for your business.

alright thanks, does it check for plagiarism?
Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by ladywriter(f): 1:09pm On Mar 25, 2015
Chidinho10:

alright thanks, does it check for plagiarism?

No. You can use this free tool for that . www.smallseotools/plagiarism-checker. It is very effective.

1 Like

Re: How To Make $1,000/month Writing And Researching Online by eripecs(f): 1:18pm On Mar 25, 2015
ladywriter:

No. You can use this free tool for that . www.smallseotools/plagiarism-checker. It is very effective.
How is work ma? How far about the training? Nice day!

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (224) (Reply)

Forex Trading Alerts - Season 16 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 20 / ||SCAM ALERT!!! Don't Be A Victim||*UPDATES ON PAGES 1-7*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.