Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

My Experience With A Corper In Abuja - NYSC (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Experience With A Corper In Abuja (36675 Views)

Is This The Shortest Female NYSC Corper In Nigeria?(pictured) / "Small-Sized" Male Corper In Anambra NYSC Camp (photo) / Hilarious: The Youngest Corper In Nigeria... [ Pic] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by Kzinne: 8:26pm On Jul 30, 2014
ritux:

I don't even know what to tell you because you don't know what you are saying.

Did you read each page to see other people's encounter with this same guy?

Okay, his car broke down again...why was he flagging me to stop and all of a sudden, turned his face?

Why was he waving to me telling me to go when I was reversing? Why did he jump into his car and speed off when I was getting close to me?

Why am I even wasting my time replying you in the first place?
You chased him right?assuming the guy while he was been chased by you had an accident and he was killed. You could have been held for murder or manslaughter. Even the VIO or FRSC do not have a right to chase under the law. Whats wrong with you?. Repent and stop blabbing. At least its your mates that are giving out millions without asking for anything in return. Truth is you thought it was your right to chase cos you gave him that chicken change
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by ritux: 9:52pm On Jul 30, 2014
Kzinne: You chased him right?assuming the guy while he was been chased by you had an accident and he was killed. You could have been held for murder or manslaughter. Even the VIO or FRSC do not have a right to chase under the law. Whats wrong with you?. Repent and stop blabbing. At least its your mates that are giving out millions without asking for anything in return. Truth is you thought it was your right to chase cos you gave him that chicken change

Talking about chasing him, if he was involved in accident, that would have served him right in hell. Besides nobody would have known I was following or chasing him. If you had been reading my post on this thread, you will know I lost him because I was on the fast lane and he was using the service lane.

Yes, my mates are giving out millions. I pray God will uplift me to that status that I can give out a million naira to the needy that deserves it and not con stars. But for now, I will give out the hundreds and thousands that I can afford and be happy I assisted someone who really needs it in a genuine way.

Yes, 700bucks is a chicken change to me. Twice of it won't even buy my lunch at work but there are many pple out there looking for just 500 naira to buy 3 square meal.

And for your info, I did not follow him because of the 700 but because of his actions.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by mezebel(f): 10:49pm On Jul 30, 2014
ogashman: him for sell d car na
the car fit b borrowed one

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by mezebel(f): 10:50pm On Jul 30, 2014
ogashman: him for sell d car na
the car fit b borrowed one or even stolen
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by deavicky(m): 10:54pm On Jul 30, 2014
Epathra: Seriously ehn, if possible, I'll suggest they take back these uniforns like they do out I'd cards. I know ex-corp members who still get free rides n all just with their face cap or crested vest. Their appetite might increase one day. My tot tho. Btw, Oga seun pls this should be on frontpage to warn ppl.
uniform wa they dey even sale better once in the market. Man wa want use that style hustle will just buy his thing from market. Or u think say na corper they do that thing
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by seuncyrus(m): 11:12pm On Jul 30, 2014
himkers: Any corper wey get car no suppose dey get pity from the public. If you can't fuel ur car, then sell it
OLX tinz grin
himkers: Any corper wey get car no suppose dey get pity from the public. If you can't fuel ur car, then sell it
OLX tinz
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by mezebel(f): 11:32pm On Jul 30, 2014
Kzinne: Mr Man for your information you are the criminal here. First of all what right do you have to give him a chase? Did he rob you? He could have gone to the police and called you a criminal who was trying to kill him. Like someone said because you gave him how much does not make you his father. you could have gone to the police if you suspected any foul play. don't take the law into your hands. you're one of those who follow the crowd in dispersing jungle justice. His car may have broken down again. you never could have known. And if truly hes a criminal, you are nothing better than that man. you are also a criminal.
. O boy see the corporate begger here o! Guy retun dat money before the man hug transformer o!
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by expensive007(m): 9:11am On Jul 31, 2014
YoungDaNaval: All na part of hustling jor!

#TEAM_HUSTLE!
What a pity! this is poverty mentality! all in the name of excuse, u called this a hustle? this is a foundation upon which one builds a house of failure. that's y some people find it difficult to help somebody who needs true help. bad people don spoil good people.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by Mutuwa(m): 8:21pm On Aug 04, 2014
ritux: I hope this is in the right section.

Just yesterday 28th July, I was driving towards Gwarinpa, there is this flyover bridge that turns directing you towards Gwarinpa/Kubwa express road if you are coming from Nnadi Azikiwe express way.

As I was driving round the bridge turning towards Kubwa, I saw this car parked by the side of the road with the bonnet open and there was this guy dressed with the complete NYSC uniform stranded. Out of pity, I pulled over and the guy ran to me. Without asking, he told me he just ran out of fuel and that he doesn't have any cash with him.

I decided to help and I asked him how we gonna do it. He said he has a keg in his car. So I told him to get it because I was actually heading towards the new NNPC mega station to get petrol for my car and my generator before getting home. Just as I came down from the bridge, he said there is a place close by he can get to buy from black market since it will be difficult for him to come back. So I stopped and gave him 700 naira. He thanked me and came down. As I was going, I looked through my mirror and I saw him trying to cross to the opposite side of the road.

Fast forward to today 29th July, I was driving through same route and saw same guy dressed with same NYSC uniform on same spot with his bonnet open again. Immediately he saw me, he turned his face. I pulled over and started reversing. He started waving to me to go. The next thing, he jumped into his car and speed off heading towards Kubwa. I chased him but could not get him him because I entered into the fast lane and he was on the service lane. After I passed him, he turned into some street and I could not come.

I think he just stands there extorting money from people. But I know one day, I will catch up with him again.

Abuja residents beware. This are the types that can pretend to be NYSC members by putting on the uniform and rob unsuspecting citizens on the highways.

Thanks for this post Op.when I first saw this thread,I just had noting to say.not until this afternoon that I saw a chubby looking fellow corper or mayb fits the describtion of your post inside gwarinpa b4 setraco gateI started at him and he made attempts to flag me down for assistance.Then I told myself that i must google up this thread and shower my thanks on you.Had it been i saw the cops at setraco gate,I would have alerted them.The alleged guy was using a honda academy car 1994 or 95 to be specific with his bonnet opened.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by ritux: 9:06pm On Aug 04, 2014
Mutuwa:

Thanks for this post Op.when I first saw this thread,I just had noting to say.not until this afternoon that I saw a chubby looking fellow corper or mayb fits the describtion of your post inside gwarinpa b4 setraco gateI started at him and he made attempts to flag me down for assistance.Then I told myself that i must google up this thread and shower my thanks on you.Had it been i saw the cops at setraco gate,I would have alerted them.The alleged guy was using a honda academy car 1994 or 95 to be specific with his bonnet opened.

You are right. I think he operates around this region. Someday, nemesis will catch up with him.
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by QuiverBox(f): 8:38pm On Aug 30, 2014
ritux: I hope this is in the right section.

Just yesterday 28th July, I was driving towards Gwarinpa, there is this flyover bridge that turns directing you towards Gwarinpa/Kubwa express road if you are coming from Nnadi Azikiwe express way.

As I was driving round the bridge turning towards Kubwa, I saw this car parked by the side of the road with the bonnet open and there was this guy dressed with the complete NYSC uniform stranded. Out of pity, I pulled over and the guy ran to me. Without asking, he told me he just ran out of fuel and that he doesn't have any cash with him.

I decided to help and I asked him how we gonna do it. He said he has a keg in his car. So I told him to get it because I was actually heading towards the new NNPC mega station to get petrol for my car and my generator before getting home. Just as I came down from the bridge, he said there is a place close by he can get to buy from black market since it will be difficult for him to come back. So I stopped and gave him 700 naira. He thanked me and came down. As I was going, I looked through my mirror and I saw him trying to cross to the opposite side of the road.

Fast forward to today 29th July, I was driving through same route and saw same guy dressed with same NYSC uniform on same spot with his bonnet open again. Immediately he saw me, he turned his face. I pulled over and started reversing. He started waving to me to go. The next thing, he jumped into his car and speed off heading towards Kubwa. I chased him but could not get him him because I entered into the fast lane and he was on the service lane. After I passed him, he turned into some street and I could not come.

I think he just stands there extorting money from people. But I know one day, I will catch up with him again.

Abuja residents beware. This are the types that can pretend to be NYSC members by putting on the uniform and rob unsuspecting citizens on the highways.

Pls what car was the Fake corper using and what colour, I think I just had an encouter with the Guy
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by ritux: 9:40pm On Aug 30, 2014
QuiverBox:

Pls what car was the Fake corper using and what colour, I think I just had an encouter with the Guy

Some old Honda car. Dark colour
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by QuiverBox(f): 11:58pm On Aug 30, 2014
ritux:

Some old Honda car. Dark colour

Honda Academy , dark colour, kinda dusty.The guys is dark in complexion a little chubby about 5ft 10" in height. The guy is now in Kaduna. In Kaduna for the weekend and he approached my friends and I and was asking for money for Fuel that his car just stopped.

i immediately recalled your post on Nairaland. I asked why is he is fully kitted on a weekend , he muttered something i did not hear and moved away a little, he then over heard me telling my friends about a Corper that does the same trick in abj, within 10 secs the guy closed his bonnet and zoomed off.
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by ritux: 6:11am On Aug 31, 2014
QuiverBox:

Honda Academy , dark colour, kinda dusty.The guys is dark in complexion a little chubby about 5ft 10" in height. The guy is now in Kaduna. In Kaduna for the weekend and he approached my friends and I and was asking for money for Fuel that his car just stopped.

i immediately recalled your post on Nairaland. I asked why is he is fully kitted on a weekend , he muttered something i did not hear and moved away a little, he then over heard me telling my friends about a Corper that does the same trick in abj, within 10 secs the guy closed his bonnet and zoomed off.

LoL...you had a perfect description of him. Nemesis will catch up with him soon.
Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by ritux: 2:57pm On Dec 20, 2014
Sometime ago, I informed you guyz of a guy disguising as a youth corper extorting money from people in the pretence that he has a faulty car. Back then, he was using some old looking Honda.

In the month of November, I ran into this same guy again pretending that his car is bad on the road side and I pulled over and told him the next time I see him, I will arrest him...that was just a threat anyways.

Just this afternoon, I saw this guy again at Dawaki flyover bridge. For those of you familar with Abuja, I am talking about the flyover bridge you have to make U-turn if you intend going into Gwarinpa using Charley Boy/Galadima junction. This time around, he has changed his car to Toyota Camry with Reg Number DWG 194 AA

I had to find my way to park so I could take picture of him. On sighting me, he recognised my car from afar and then made move to get into his car. Immediately, I drove straight to him and parked in front of him. The next thing, he got into his car, reversed and entered into the service lane and drove off heading towards Kubwa. I trailed him from behind hoping I could get to a check point and alert police. On noticing that I was trailing him, he increased his speed. I wasn't in the mood to chase him and that wasn't my direction so I had to go my way. Please see pictures of the scene below.

We all should be watchful of this guy. This is xmas period and he is seriously hustling for money.

Cc: Supermod please move this to front page so that people are aware. Thanks

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by ritux: 3:00pm On Dec 20, 2014
This was when he had to reverse and got into the service lane.

Re: My Experience With A Corper In Abuja by ritux: 3:04pm On Dec 20, 2014
This pictures were taken when I got close to him at that point where we have the rail line construction after Kubwa if you are heading towards Zubw. There was little traffic there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Corper Gives Birth In Bayelsa NYSC Orientation Camp (Photo) / 2 Youth Corpers Wed In Ebonyi State (Photos) / Funny NYSC Camp Moments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.