Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance (32555 Views)

Chelsea FC: John Obi Mikel Defends Mourinho - We Are Solidly Behind Him / Edin Dzeko Protests On His World Cup Goal Vs Nigeria / Osita Offor Defends Wrestling Title Against Bobby Lashley In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance by SkinnyDude(m): 2:33pm On Jul 30, 2014
Faun: He would have been better as one of the camera men capturing the slow-motion shots.
haha. u wicked o. why slow motion?
well i think ball picker would suit him.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance by 0nyegame(m): 3:07pm On Jul 30, 2014
Faun: He would have been better as one of the camera men capturing the slow-motion shots.
embarassed
Hahahahhaahha.Bros u wicked o....
Re: Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance by bastien: 3:08pm On Jul 30, 2014
Mr Mikel shut up there! Is that how to play as a team? Holding the ball for long,slowing the counter attack,or guiding an opponent?

U are a waste!!! Player or I should say midfielder without vision or urgency, u didn't make or create any chance.

In short u don't even have a highlight in that world cup sad
Re: Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance by dabossman(m): 3:17pm On Jul 30, 2014
kendrick93: u cnt ask a fish to move on land... mikel isnt a playmaker.. its fans lyk u who needs to evaluate d type of player he is.. u e
are d cause of ur problem

I tend to disagree with you. In modern football, most players can function in more than one position. We saw Phillip Lahm play as a Rb and DM for Germany. Mascherano played as a CB for Barca most of last season. That Mikel was converted to a defensive midfielder at Chelsea doesn't mean he can no longer play as an attack-minded central midfielder. He played well in that role at the Nations Cup and Confederations Cup. He had a bad World Cup period.

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance by agrovick(m): 3:23pm On Jul 30, 2014
all hail mikel slowbis
Re: Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance by sharubutu(m): 3:48pm On Jul 30, 2014
It seems this guy wants to receive some holy ghost crazy slaps.
Re: Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance by yinkuscious(m): 4:16pm On Jul 30, 2014
ClintonNzedimma: Mikel played well.Yes but for a number 10, he was zero.
Well i coach a monkey post team in warri and am hoping Mourinho sells him to me for just 3 keg of palmwine,2 calabash of kolanut and 1 crate of kunu

www.alobam.tk
coach, y dnt u request for bush meat as well? Abi u fear ebola ni?
Re: Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance by disloman(m): 4:16pm On Jul 30, 2014
ClintonNzedimma: Mikel played well.Yes but for a number 10, he was zero.
Well i coach a monkey post team in warri and am hoping Mourinho sells him to me for just 3 keg of palmwine,2 calabash of kolanut and 1 crate of kunu

www.alobam.tk
Lolzzzzzzz.Guy!U don dey mad.Can't stop laughing.U funny gan.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance by chucky234(m): 4:50pm On Jul 30, 2014
Worst No. 10 Nigeria ever had, he should peacefully hand that jersey to Kelechi Iheanacho to avoid further embarrassment.
Re: Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance by chucky234(m): 4:53pm On Jul 30, 2014
dabossman:

I tend to disagree with you. In modern football, most players can function in more than one position. We saw Phillip Lahm play as a Rb and DM for Germany. Mascherano played as a CB for Barca most of last season. That Mikel was converted to a defensive midfielder at Chelsea doesn't mean he can no longer play as an attack-minded central midfielder. He played well in that role at the Nations Cup and Confederations Cup. He had a bad World Cup period.
Dirk Kurt also played four different positions for Holland at the world cup.
Re: Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance by ogawisdom(m): 5:10pm On Jul 30, 2014
Y is everyone criticising mikel wen its d coach dt deserves d criticisms. Y is keshi forcing a defensive midfielder to become a no 10 overnight. Mikel plays very well as a defensive midfielder n shld b left to do jst dt in super eagles. I tink keshi is d one who has failed to give us a no 10 n shld be fired.
Keshi is d one dt is a poor coach n ve failed to discover a no 10 for super eagles in over 3 yrs

1 Like

Re: Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance by kendrick93(m): 5:10pm On Jul 30, 2014
dabossman:

if u tink mikel is anywhere near d class of those playas den u are deluded.. mikel is an average playa,simple.
lahm and mascherano are w/class so ur point is stupid
Re: Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance by JurassicPark: 5:19pm On Jul 30, 2014
Mikel, you would have kept quiet nah..#haba

If your poor performance at the world cup was about "playing for the team" abeg no play for the team again

U can play against the team so we know the difference
Re: Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance by Olamilekan08(m): 5:31pm On Jul 30, 2014
Abeg make una leave my Mikel alone o. U pple dey talk say he slow, but atleast we know say he fast past an old snail, na btw hm and young snails we no go know who fast past.. But trust me he go improve, maybe abit faster than tortoise.
Re: Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance by Ephemmm: 6:05pm On Jul 30, 2014
mygee33: He would have been better as goal keeper

How are you sure he wouldn't always be standing at the back of goal line?
Re: Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance by Ephemmm: 6:08pm On Jul 30, 2014
The only mid-fielder without a short on target during the 2014 World Cup campaigne, I hail thee: your sluggishness, uncreativity, backwardness and laziness were second to none.
Re: Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance by Sylverly(m): 6:30pm On Jul 30, 2014
.Abeg..i'm still looking for Caro...@op inakorom bullshit.
Re: Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance by ShyDare(m): 6:51pm On Jul 30, 2014
Maycher: He used to be a good player. Dunno what really happened to him.
he is just suddenly lackadaisical. When keshi drops him for several months he will sit up. Wish him well in his club career, hope he rediscovers his form. We should find another 10 and leave him out of the super eagles.
Re: Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance by davidam(m): 8:11pm On Jul 30, 2014
He will have to defend himself anyway even if he was the worst player. We all knew he was zero throughout the tournament.
Re: Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance by holuwheaphemmy(m): 8:51pm On Jul 30, 2014
Was Mikelis Obilis at the world cup?!
Re: Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 30, 2014
I blame Keshi for not taking a substitute

If mikel was removed at halftime against Argentina and then benched against France he would have got the message

1 Like

Re: Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance by Akiika: 9:17pm On Jul 30, 2014
Don't worry, i'm sure Mourinho bought you a good brand new seat belt! You'll need it on the bench this season if you're lucky not to be offloaded to the kind of team you belong. It'll help if you go watch the video of the world cup matches and compare yourself to your foreign contemporaries, you'll know how much of a flop you were.
Re: Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 30, 2014
true true this Mike slow...na just now e dey defend himself after world cup don end since...

1 Like

Re: Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance by nonjebose(m): 10:08pm On Jul 30, 2014
I wonder why some people are making meaningless defence of his performance in this world cup. He was very poor,end of discussion. Whether as a defensive midfielder or creative one,he surely showed a glaring lack of confidence on the ball.
Re: Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance by LadyH(f): 10:48pm On Jul 30, 2014
Oh Jah!! E to da PIC!!! grin
Re: Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance by Ibralama(m): 11:04pm On Jul 30, 2014
I no blame you jare Mr Obi, no be your fault, its only in Nigeria we expect a snail to compete in Formula 1.... You did your best, cos I know that sh*t you did is your best...
Re: Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jul 30, 2014
Mikel dey talk watin you no know you hear.....Am sure he is looking for a way to. cover his under performance.....make in go sit down
Re: Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance by TundeCole(m): 11:38pm On Jul 30, 2014
He had a terrible world cup outing though, but i still kind a believe in dat guy.
Quote me and u catch Ebol.......
Re: Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jul 30, 2014
Story
Re: Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance by Martins307(m): 12:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
Fifa's slow motion team
Re: Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance by princy80(m): 11:20pm On Jul 31, 2014
gringrin mikelis obilis
Re: Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance by Horllamideh(m): 1:55pm On Aug 05, 2014
Una no knw,The Royal Academy of Science has designated d name 'Mikel' as SI unit of 'decceleration'......e.g The car deccelerates at d rate of 2.0 mikel per seconds square(mi/s-2)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Onyeka’s Arrival At Brentford: Will It Put Ndidi On His Toes In Super Eagles? / James McCarthy Suffers Double Leg Break / Manchester United Unveils 2019/2020 Home Kit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.