Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,906 members, 7,821,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK (55170 Views)

Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic / Those Claiming To Have Cure For Ebola Will Be Arrested – NAFDAC / Airport Authorities Announce New Measures For Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by phuckNL: 7:52pm On Jul 30, 2014
GenBuhari: I am very suspicious of whether this Ebola is real or not.

why is only affecting only Africans?

I may have it wrong but I smell Western dirty tricks - possibly stop Africans from uniting / cause friction between African nations?

If it was as infectious as it is being claimed, then surely nothing could stop it from spreading all across the entire world at a tremendous rate.

How is stopping flights going to stop the Ebola? Does it only go by plane?

I may be talking from a position of ignorance but something smells fishy here

Yes you are!!
This type of mentality is why thousands still dey kpai from HIV induced illness in Africa. Don't we have AFRICAN doctors and medical centers? If the disease was fake, you don't think they would know. The disease is transmitted via bodily fluids and is not airborne, that's why it's been localized. Most people that caught it earlier or got infected did not fly so the possibility was remote initially. How many people from war torn Congo dey fly plane? Not everything is a CIA covert op. People in the west, do not eat bush meat or mess with the type of bats that harbor this virus so how dem wan get am?

1 Like

Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 30, 2014

I may have it wrong but I smell Western dirty tricks - possibly stop Africans from uniting / cause friction between African nations?

If it was as infectious as it is being claimed, then surely nothing could stop it from spreading all across the entire world at a tremendous rate.

I lack words to tell you, but please educate yourself about the outbreak in the various west African countries

SMDH!!!
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 30, 2014
GenBuhari: White man just want Africans to panic and to be dis-united.

There are deadlier diseases in Europe than the so called Ebola.

stay calm and don't panic nothing go happen.

Whether there are deadlier diseases than this is not of any use to us.

the panic is well in place, as people are meant to be informed of it. Such panic will die down after people have learnt how to take preventive measures and when a cure/vaccine is in place.
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by phuckNL: 7:56pm On Jul 30, 2014
GenBuhari: White man just want Africans to panic and to be dis-united.

There are deadlier diseases in Europe than the so called Ebola.

stay calm and don't panic nothing go happen.

Stop misleading people. They need to be cautious and avoid unnecessary body contact. The reason this virus is an issue is because the symptoms are similar to MALARIA. Most people treat MALARIA at home so if a victim contracts EBOLA in Naija, they may initially think it is MALARIA. By the time they realize it is EBOLA, they would have infected their family members. The best way to prevent a pandemic is to contain it and enlighten people. If it goes out of hand and starts to spread, it will become a serious issue because THE WEST WILL NOT INVEST IN A CURE UNTIL IT THREATENS THE WEST. The chances of EBOLA becoming a pandemic in the west is remote so WE ARE THE ONES THAT NEED TO TAKE CARE OF OURSELVES AND ENSURE IT DOESN"T SPREAD.

3 Likes

Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by continentalceo(m): 7:57pm On Jul 30, 2014
Asek1: Quarantine him sharparly

I know you don't understand written english but I think what the OP meant was that the man no get Ebola Virus
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by biz2get(m): 8:00pm On Jul 30, 2014
phuckNL:

Stop misleading people. They need to be cautious and avoid unnecessary body contact. The reason this virus is an issue is because the symptoms are similar to MALARIA. Most people treat MALARIA at home so if a victim contracts EBOLA in Naija, they may initially think it is MALARIA. By the time they realize it is EBOLA, they would have infected their family members. The best way to prevent a pandemic is to contain it and enlighten people. If it goes out of hand and starts to spread, it will become a serious issue because THE WEST WILL NOT INVEST IN A CURE UNTIL IT THREATENS THE WEST. The chances of EBOLA becoming a pandemic in the west is remote so WE ARE THE ONES THAT NEED TO TAKE CARE OF OURSELVES AND ENSURE IT DOESN"T SPREAD.

Shi* Happens Bruh sad
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by aumeehn: 8:04pm On Jul 30, 2014
akereconfi: God please send Ebola to Sambisa

This should be the Prayer Requests on our lips now
bro pray all our currupt leaders to get infected if not when ebola finish boko bois another group ill rise!!
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by Missmossy(f): 8:06pm On Jul 30, 2014
IAMBREEZY: i will do that pronto thanks.. smiley
Don't mention.

2 Likes

Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by Idrismusty97(m): 8:10pm On Jul 30, 2014
Na wa o! People no dey read again. Nigeria really need to do something to check the declination of our reading culture. Maybe this is why we are so behind, resource curse!!
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by Ashmark(m): 8:10pm On Jul 30, 2014
If anybody sneeze beside me eenen, na slap I go give that person....Now am scared
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by nony0631: 8:10pm On Jul 30, 2014
Pls and pls am not trying to be pessimist here, but the fact that this virus entered nigeria is cause for an alerm. Pls people in lagos should be careful how they enta public vehicles especially in lagos. The time has come for people that can pray to pls raise there voices. This is a very serious issue.
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by Lilchilz(m): 8:13pm On Jul 30, 2014
:::::: DUE TO EBOLA VIRUS::::::::¤» Girls no longer hug their guys, the highest they give nowadays is 45`
instead of the normal 360`.
Guys are now afraid to shake their fellow guys
instead they throw way salutes like soldiers.(Na
their fault?) People now wear long sleave sweaters,
headcovers, and trousers while entering buses and taxi no matter how hot the weather is.. (Lol... See as
Naija take turn europe o)..
Neighbours, even family members become suspects
at the slightest sign of illness.. (the one wey make
my neighbour go call health officers for me because
say he see me sneeze 2 times today). You take a girl out for dinner, drives her back to her
house, walk her to the door-step, she leaves you,
walks to her door, open it, waves at you and throw
a goodnight kiss at you (if you like catch am).
The aboki that sells suya beside our lodge, dey chop
Him suyas himself these days because even the suya is a suspect (Who wan die?)
Nigeria Police don't arrest People by Themselves
anymore, if You commit any Crime just do the
arresting by Yourself. (Just Handcuff yourself come
station, use ur hand by seelf enter Cell) PLEASE!! My
friend is no longer dating our Neighbor's Daughter called BOLA, even if She had Changed name to TOLA,
as far as the "OLA" is still there, IT IS OVER
BETWEEN HIM AND HER!!..abeg who knows..(His
Heart dey vacant o if u dey interested).
YORUBA People in My Area now greets EKU EBOLA.(I
dey answer them EKU BACK TO SENDER). IGBOS in my area will greet their usual way IBOLA
Chi? Which is the normal good morning but because
BOLA is in the greeting you now get responses
Bowakwa gi onu ebe ahu. Lmao
Happy Ebola,

2 Likes

Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by Awoofawo(m): 8:16pm On Jul 30, 2014
All I would say is another weaponized virus cool #Bio-warfare arsenalgrin
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by IceMan85(m): 8:25pm On Jul 30, 2014
2sExy1: [size=50pt]jesus! I dont wanna die cry cry cry cry cry cry[/size]
But you wan go heaven?
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 30, 2014
biz2get:

Google No dey Mushin... undecided tongue
LOL stroll small nw
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by gratiaeo(m): 8:32pm On Jul 30, 2014
How i wish Ebola virus will hit BH camp
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by Awoofawo(m): 8:33pm On Jul 30, 2014
Lilchilz: :::::: DUE TO EBOLA VIRUS::::::::¤» Girls no longer hug their guys, the highest they give nowadays is 45`
instead of the normal 360`.
Guys are now afraid to shake their fellow guys
instead they throw way salutes like soldiers.(Na
their fault?) People now wear long sleave sweaters,
headcovers, and trousers while entering buses and taxi no matter how hot the weather is.. (Lol... See as
Naija take turn europe o)..
Neighbours, even family members become suspects
at the slightest sign of illness.. (the one wey make
my neighbour go call health officers for me because
say he see me sneeze 2 times today). You take a girl out for dinner, drives her back to her
house, walk her to the door-step, she leaves you,
walks to her door, open it, waves at you and throw
a goodnight kiss at you (if you like catch am).
The aboki that sells suya beside our lodge, dey chop
Him suyas himself these days because even the suya is a suspect (Who wan die?)
Nigeria Police don't arrest People by Themselves
anymore, if You commit any Crime just do the
arresting by Yourself. (Just Handcuff yourself come
station, use ur hand by seelf enter Cell) PLEASE!! My
friend is no longer dating our Neighbor's Daughter called BOLA, even if She had Changed name to TOLA,
as far as the "OLA" is still there, IT IS OVER
BETWEEN HIM AND HER!!..abeg who knows..(His
Heart dey vacant o if u dey interested).
YORUBA People in My Area now greets EKU EBOLA.(I
dey answer them EKU BACK TO SENDER). IGBOS in my area will greet their usual way IBOLA
Chi? Which is the normal good morning but because
BOLA is in the greeting you now get responses
Bowakwa gi onu ebe ahu. Lmao
Happy Ebola,

You are crazy no doubt.... If people talk na; you na go say pesin get bad belly!cool
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 30, 2014
phuckNL:

You are falling for the tricks and doing what they want you to do - which is to panic.
I have seen videos of doctors wearing what looked like nuclear suits in hospitals, yet the the patients all looked remarkably well, so what exactly makes it so deadly?
What makes it anymore deadly than TB or Rabies that can be found in European countries?

From my original post below , the panic has made Nigeria close its borders and stop flights from friendly neighbours such as Liberia and Sierra Leone. What is that going to achieve other than lose our friendship and trade between our neighbours?

masonkz:
Whether there are deadlier diseases than this is not of any use to us.
the panic is well in place, as people are meant to be informed of it. Such panic will die down after people have learnt how to take preventive measures and when a cure/vaccine is in place.
That is my point stop the panic!
Does not mean that you should not take your usual precautions against contracting a range of illnesses though.

masonkz:
I lack words to tell you, but please educate yourself about the outbreak in the various west African countries
SMDH!!!

You lack words because you also do not know why you are in panic.

The outbreak in those several west African countries were all reported by western media right?

phuckNL:
Yes you are!!
This type of mentality is why thousands still dey kpai from HIV induced illness in Africa. Don't we have AFRICAN doctors and medical centers? If the disease was fake, you don't think they would know. The disease is transmitted via bodily fluids and is not airborne, that's why it's been localized. Most people that caught it earlier or got infected did not fly so the possibility was remote initially. How many people from war torn Congo dey fly plane? Not everything is a CIA covert op. People in the west, do not eat bush meat or mess with the type of bats that harbor this virus so how dem wan get am?

If iam indeed ignorant you have not proven to me that you are less ignorant than me.

So if it is transmitted by bodily fluid is it not over dramatisation to see doctors and nurses in what looks like nuclear radiation suits?
It is that over dramatisation that made suspicious in the first place.

Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by mezebel(f): 8:44pm On Jul 30, 2014
akoaki: Fashion in Nigeria's politics.
I have always seen our politicians as very unserious people judging by their dressing both at work and during official engagements. I hold this strong belief that what you wear is capable of affecting how well you perform your job.
What is your take on this ?
watin come concern fashion with ebola... Akoaki u again?
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by snaiper: 8:53pm On Jul 30, 2014
A man has been tested for ebola in the uk – increasing fears over the threat posed to Britain from the deadly disease.

He was tested at a hospital in Birmingham after arriving back in the uk from nigeria via Paris.

Fortunately the man was given the all-clear after tests, the Daily Mail reports, but the scare has sharpened focus on the possible spread of the virus to Britain.

Meanwhile, doctors fear ebola victim Patrick Sawyer may have sparked a worldwide spread of the killer disease after being allowed on two flights while infected.

And tonight a desperate race was on to find dozens of passengers who flew on the same jets as the 40-year-old American.

British doctors and border officials have been warned to be on the lookout for people in the uk showing signs of the disease.

Mr Sawyer was allowed to board an ASKY Airlines flight in Liberia, where ebola is rife, despite vomiting and suffering from ­diarrhoea. His sister was recently killed by the virus.

Protection: The disease is a global threat

He had a stopover in Ghana then changed planes in Togo and flew to the international travel hub of Lagos in nigeria. The dad-of-three died five days after arriving in the city.

Lancaster University virologist Derek ­Gatherer said passengers, crew and airport ground staff who came into contact with Mr Sawyer could be in “pretty serious danger”. ebola is fatal in 90% of cases.

Doctors have identified 59 people who were near him and have tested 20. But they are struggling to find the others, who could have flown to anywhere in the world from Lagos.

There were today questions over how Liberian government worker Mr Sawyer was let on flights while clearly showing symptoms of ebola – which has killed 672 people in Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone since it broke out in February.

Experts from Public Health England have met uk Border Agency officials to make sure staff are aware of the signs to look for in ebola sufferers.

PHE has also used its national medical alert system to advise all uk doctors to “remain vigilant for unexplained illness in those who have visited the affected area”.

Symptoms include vomiting and ­diarrhoea, fever, weakness, headache and sore throat.

Those struck down can also suffer internal and external bleeding. The virus is spread through human contact. There is no cure.

PHE director of global health Dr Brian McCloskey described the ebola outbreak as the most “acute emergency” facing Britain.

The expert said he had briefed David Cameron.

He added: “When these things start to escalate we work with everybody to ensure they are aware of what needs to happen.”

God is watching them in 3D..and all the machinations of the enemy against us is bound to fail!
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by Buking1: 8:54pm On Jul 30, 2014
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by kobonaire(m): 8:59pm On Jul 30, 2014
Boko bombs on one side .... Ebola virus on the other
I am scrèwed ..... I have to give one girl bele before i die ....
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by Solowande(m): 9:00pm On Jul 30, 2014
So there is sometim more powerful, stronger, frighten and more dreadful than HIV AIDS? GOD PLS HELP US
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 30, 2014
2sExy1: [size=50pt]jesus! I dont wanna die cry cry cry cry cry cry[/size]

BUT you are always first to smash the effort of the nigerian army putting their lives in danger combating boko-haram
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by zurine(f): 9:03pm On Jul 30, 2014
Ebola
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 30, 2014
nony0631: Pls and pls am not trying to be pessimist here, but the fact that this virus entered nigeria is cause for an alerm. Pls people in lagos should be careful how they enta public vehicles especially in lagos. The time has come for people that can pray to pls raise there voices. This is a very serious issue.

pray and raise voice to do what?? instead of you to emphasize on the government building a classy research laboratory in nigeria so that our researcher can find a cure to this dare devil virus, you are talking about prayer.

Why did God create human with brains? i guess to pray!
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by Afrok(m): 9:11pm On Jul 30, 2014
masonkz:

My point is, when the Americans start telling us the right things to do, we boldly tell them to go to hell.
I got ur point, U are right. Thanks...

1 Like

Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by shile07: 9:13pm On Jul 30, 2014
Ebola worst pass hiv just by contact you don carry am o abeg may we dey care ful
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by Infinate: 9:18pm On Jul 30, 2014
The fear of ebola is the inception of wisdomThe fear of ebola is the inception of wisdomThe fear of ebola is the inception of wisdom
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by phuckNL: 9:18pm On Jul 30, 2014
GenBuhari:

You are falling for the tricks and doing what they want you to do - which is to panic.
I have seen videos of doctors wearing what looked like nuclear suits in hospitals, yet the the patients all looked remarkably well, so what exactly makes it so deadly?
What makes it anymore deadly than TB or Rabies that can be found in European countries?

From my original post below , the panic has made Nigeria close its borders and stop flights from friendly neighbours such as Liberia and Sierra Leone. What is that going to achieve other than lose our friendship and trade between our neighbours?

That is my point stop the panic!
Does not mean that you should not take your usual precautions against contracting a range of illnesses though.

You lack words because you also do not know why you are in panic.

The outbreak in those several west African countries were all reported by western media right?

If iam indeed ignorant you have not proven to me that you are less ignorant than me.

So if it is transmitted by bodily fluid is it not over dramatisation to see doctors and nurses in what looks like nuclear radiation suits?
It is that over dramatisation that made suspicious in the first place.

What are you smoking? Anyway, i'm sure you're just joking.
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by smileandlove(f): 9:19pm On Jul 30, 2014
Asek1: Quarantine him sharparly
quarantine who? The man was tested and was cleared, and people are clicking 'likes'. Did you people read/understood what was written up there?.
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by sobastical: 9:22pm On Jul 30, 2014
This thing is really becoming something else, best prayer is that God should send this Ebola to the camp of my enemies especially the boko haram gangs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) / OHAI Africa: John Brought Change To His Mother / Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.