Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,205 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK (55163 Views)

Another Nigerian Being Treated For Ebola In Benin Republic / Those Claiming To Have Cure For Ebola Will Be Arrested – NAFDAC / Airport Authorities Announce New Measures For Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by darocha1: 9:32pm On Jul 30, 2014
akereconfi: God please send Ebola to Sambisa

This should be the Prayer Requests on our lips now

And of what good is this prayer to the girls?
Think bfre u write Mr prayer warrior.
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by trigonometry: 9:36pm On Jul 30, 2014
[quote author=akereconfi]God please send Ebola to Sambisa

This should be the Prayer Requests on our lips now [mumu instead of u 2 b praying it dosnt enter nigeria @ all
]
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by akereconfi: 9:37pm On Jul 30, 2014
darocha1:

And of what good is this prayer to the girls?
Think bfre u write Mr prayer warrior.

And you also have to think, ever since they kidnapped those girls, if you count the amount of souls lost by attacks carried out from Sambisa, you will notice that it is doubling the figure of those girls captured.

THE TREE OF LIBERTY MUST BE REFRESHED BY THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS

Enough said
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by akereconfi: 9:38pm On Jul 30, 2014
[quote author=trigonometry][/quote]

Fool it is reported to be in Lagos already.
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by HARDUBUY(m): 9:48pm On Jul 30, 2014
I switched on TV, Ebola
I picked up news paper, Ebola.
I put on radio, Ebola.
I login Nairaland, Ebola,
I enter facebook, Ebola.
I walk down the street, Every body talking
Ebola.
Now, i dey fear to Open
refrigerator....make i no go see *****!!!

1 Like

Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by Litmus: 9:49pm On Jul 30, 2014
The authorities in Nigeria say there are no indigenous cases of the disease in Nigeria but already the impression is growing that it is in Nigeria. Someone posted on Niraland evidence of Nigeria listed among the nations infected by the disease. Interestingly Ghana was not listed. Soon the impression will be that Ebola is rife in Nigeria. And then when a case does turn up you can imagine the rest. I know Nigerians think these things don't matter but like I've stated before the people that included Nigeria in the list of carriers felt that these little lies and misinformation does matter.

Nigerians should fight things like this and don't take them lightly.

1 Like

Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by michealade(m): 9:54pm On Jul 30, 2014
biz2get:

Google No dey Mushin... undecided tongue
find am go Yaba
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by Litmus: 10:14pm On Jul 30, 2014
[size=13pt]List of Ebola outbreaks[/size]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ebola_outbreaks

Guinea
Liberia
Sierra Leone
Nigeria

ZEBOV 1201 672 56% Outbreak is currently ongoing in southeastern Guinea, including the capital Conakry and the neighbour countries Sierra Leone, Liberia and Nigeria.[37]

An infected Liberian citizen that inexplicably traveled to Nigeria and was quarantined does not constitute Ebola outbreak in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by BlossomP: 10:18pm On Jul 30, 2014
ChynoBEATS: It's Free!!! Enjoy 2 days free Ebola virus fever directly from PHONE when you subscribe to our E-Virus service @ N50 for 5 days. Simply text EBOLA to 33899 wink

cheesy Lolz
Ebola seems like something to joke about to u, right? Foolishness at its apex! SMH

1 Like

Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by BlossomP: 10:23pm On Jul 30, 2014
akoaki: Fashion in Nigeria's politics.
I have always seen our politicians as very unserious people judging by their dressing both at work and during official engagements. I hold this strong belief that what you wear is capable of affecting how well you perform your job.
What is your take on this ?
Quite irrelevant to d subject under consideration. We are talking of a menace to humanity u are here talking about politicians' dress pattern.
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by BlossomP: 10:31pm On Jul 30, 2014
GenBuhari: I am very suspicious of whether this Ebola is real or not.

why is only affecting only Africans?

I may have it wrong but I smell Western dirty tricks - possibly stop Africans from uniting / cause friction between African nations?

If it was as infectious as it is being claimed, then surely nothing could stop it from spreading all across the entire world at a tremendous rate.

How is stopping flights going to stop the Ebola? Does it only go by plane?

I may be talking from a position of ignorance but something smells fishy here
My dear, if you want to ascertain if it is real, why not pay a visit to Liberia. Perhaps a trial will convince you.
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by birdman(m): 10:34pm On Jul 30, 2014
Litmus: [size=13pt]List of Ebola outbreaks[/size]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ebola_outbreaks

Guinea
Liberia
Sierra Leone
Nigeria

ZEBOV 1201 672 56% Outbreak is currently ongoing in southeastern Guinea, including the capital Conakry and the neighbour countries Sierra Leone, Liberia and Nigeria.[37]

An infected Liberian citizen that inexplicably traveled to Nigeria and was quarantined does not constitute Ebola outbreak in Nigeria.

given our close proximity to one another in Lagos, our low sanitation standards and generally lazy/ignorant leaders, you might as well treat is as an outbreak. I assure you that even now, GEJ is considering ebola a distraction to 2015.

1 Like

Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by obailala(m): 10:42pm On Jul 30, 2014
englishmart: why ebola of all sicknesses?
Why he was tested for ebola??.... Because there's a prevalent ebola epidemic in certain areas of west africa.. and the symptoms of ebola include diarrhoea and vomitting

1 Like

Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by nony0631: 10:43pm On Jul 30, 2014
donnypool:

pray and raise voice to do what?? instead of you to emphasize on the government building a classy research laboratory in nigeria so that our researcher can find a cure to this dare devil virus, you are talking about prayer.

Why did God create human with brains? i guess to pray!
. U probably think dis is a nigerian problem alone, is a global issue and till something is done collectively involving international bodies am not sure we have the expertise to do so in nigeria
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by ogtavia(m): 10:55pm On Jul 30, 2014
Is dis how d apocalypse will begin because all those movies abt zombies,mutants and a ravaged apocalyptic earth and its dreadful aftermath is beginning to make me wonder.

1 Like

Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by smartg(m): 11:10pm On Jul 30, 2014
Before doctors dey pray make patients come, but now doctors dem dey fear patients.
This ebola na bad market oo

1 Like

Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 30, 2014
nony0631: . U probably think dis is a nigerian problem alone, is a global issue and till something is done collectively involving international bodies am not sure we have the expertise to do so in nigeria

Yes we do sir, we have very intelligent people in Nigeria, all we need is the equipment and that is what developed countries possessed that we don't have. Even in Canadian schools, you see Nigerians blasting it all with A+ grades but inside the laboratory for practical work involving the use of equipment we are just like the normal average African child. My point is that if resources are made available, I know our own scientist will be busy finding a cure rather than just looking for a way to control and prevent it.

2 Likes

Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by Neatboy(m): 11:32pm On Jul 30, 2014
This virus is just reminding me of the movie--- Residence Evil.
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by deloon(m): 11:34pm On Jul 30, 2014
mstik: This disease is even worse than AIDS and if it eventually spreads, it will be a worse epidemic than the black death
You mean the Black Plague?
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 30, 2014
Better don't fall sick or even show the slightest sign of not being in 100% physical condition at any airports anymore.... otherwise you would be bundled into a quarantine facility as if they can already see the Ebola virus in your blood........ if it was a man from Australia who was sick at an airport, no one would even notice.... enough with all the scares and extremist media, however cases like this shouldn't even make news, until / unless he was tested and found to actually carry Ebola..
People fall sick travelling everyday,..... MY GOSH..

1 Like

Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by mstik(f): 11:35pm On Jul 30, 2014
same thing
deloon:
You mean the Black Plague?
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by BoiledCorn: 11:39pm On Jul 30, 2014
mstik: same thing
kiss
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by mstik(f): 11:43pm On Jul 30, 2014
roasted corn why r you stalkin me na?
BoiledCorn: kiss
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by vict505(m): 11:59pm On Jul 30, 2014
I'm using GOD Almighty who created heaven and earth to beg all of una wey una names get EBOLA inside Example: adEBOLA, okEBOLA, orEBOLA, dEBOLA, oyEBOLA, and mosEBOLAtan etc not to attempt nor try to shake or hug me ooo till further notice. Na Jesus I take dey beg una. e jooor o, daada yin o ni baje, e se modupe ooo! ..Gud evening pals,Have ebola free night ahead..

1 Like

Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by Litmus: 12:01am On Jul 31, 2014
birdman:

given our close proximity to one another in Lagos, our low sanitation standards and generally lazy/ignorant leaders, you might as well treat is as an outbreak. I assure you that even now, GEJ is considering ebola a distraction to 2015.

This isn't a mater for complacency or politics, Nigerians have to do more to challenge Western Media. Take for example this posted in the politics section:

https://www.nairaland.com/1836230/nigeria-tracking-30000-people-risk

Essentially, Voice of America stating that Nigerian government is tracking 30,000 people at risk. This "fact" will already have passed into the minds of those who read this abroad and become the Lies that 30,000 Nigerian have contracted Ebola. If Nigerian authorities fail to check and caution these misinformation, pretty soon Nigerian travelers will be subjected to humiliating restrictions on so many levels.

2 Likes

Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by bendeniceguy: 12:16am On Jul 31, 2014
tdayof:

http://www.thetrentonline.com/man-arriving-uk-nigeria-tested-ebola-2/?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/ebola-man-tested-deadly-virus-3933743
Is this not typical of those fools who call theselves great britain. Pick on Nigeria, get a camera crew ready and then grab the first Nigerian in sight to drive home the nail. From the way these bastards behave, one will think that Nigeria forcefully occupies half their wet and smoggy island.
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by deloon(m): 12:30am On Jul 31, 2014
mstik: same thing
You are right. My bad.
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by Nobody: 4:22am On Jul 31, 2014
Ebola abeg I still be virgin oh, I go like see my grand children!!!
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by ChynoBEATS: 6:41am On Jul 31, 2014
BlossomP:
Ebola seems like something to joke about to u, right? Foolishness at its apex! SMH
taaah Shurrup dia ... Wat's ur probs sef..? so'u expect utmost seriousness from Everyone @all times uhn ? Mxcheeew .. Yeye dey worry u
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by no1madman(m): 7:58am On Jul 31, 2014
see gbola!
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 31, 2014
heard that there where checks and balances put in place to prevent excessive population and dwindling resources (à la BLACK PLAGUE). if xo, this is just the beginning...

sounds lyk a horror movie script ryt?

IT IS TRUE OH!!!!!
Re: Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK by Asek1(m): 2:48pm On Jul 31, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

Did you read the post at all?

It said he has been tested and given the all clear.... Gasbag, next time be sure to read posts before vomitting all over the forum!

So because you pointed out a correction means you have to go ahead and call me names
I vomited abi? Ok but pls mister, kindly check yourself before checking others cos u reek of immaturity. Nuff said!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) / OHAI Africa: John Brought Change To His Mother / Reason Why You Should Monitor Your Period(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.