Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members (15101 Views)

Nysc: Unaccounted One-two Months Federal Allowance For Batch B Corp Members / Osun State 2014 NYSC Batch B Stream II / POP Date For This Current Batch B Corp Members.......... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Meeky(m): 12:46am On Aug 03, 2014
Udyelle: Hi guys, congrats on your posting to anambra..I jas passed out from there
1. There are NO ATMS on camp...so gather as much money as you can to last got three weeks..
2. Be wary of anambra people..they will stop at nothing but finish your money especially those going thru onitsha.
3. The camp is very cold do well to protect yourself and be security conscious as 'things' happen in camp...its not that safe
4. If you want to be posted to awka, you have to join any of the groups in camp like ..OBS, Band, Dance and Drama etc...I was in OBS, ended up in awka...there's natin spectacular about the place and its quite expensive
5. Make sure you go with everything you need including stapler and pin cos you will need them...don't bother about electrical appliances cos most hostels don't have sockets
6. Don't show yourself too much even your father is the president...you dunno who you may insult in camp.
7. Be yourself...Batch B is always the best...I was a batch B corper....the camp will be boring if you want it to be and will be interesting if you want it to be...feel free to mail me for any other questions...I hope I have been helpful
what abt doctors how can they be posted to awka witout joining all dis groups
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Udyelle(f): 12:52am On Aug 03, 2014
Meeky: what abt doctors how can they be posted to awka witout joining all dis groups

For doctors and those in the medical field...you may have to join the camp clinic...if you become the CMD or the Asst CMD then it ill be easy to get a posting to the place of your choice...if not you'll just be posted to any hospital but it all depends on how well you behave and which top official gets to notice and like you

2 Likes

Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by tobybasten(m): 2:50am On Aug 03, 2014
chnovpaul:

Lolz...camp is fun. You'll surely have all sorts of crazy experiences.

In camp, they'll definitely ask you to always remain in your whites 24/7, but who wants to wear his own whites to the bathroom or the loo wink
Once you are within your hostels, you can wear anything (don't quote me o). The only drawback is if the soldiers decide to face your own hostel at 12 midnight on that day, and ask all of you to file out, God help you if you're found wearing mufti.

On Sundays, you may be allowed to wear mufti officially till 2.00pm, but it all depends on the Camp Director.
. grin grin grin grin
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by tobybasten(m): 3:04am On Aug 03, 2014
Udyelle:

No offense taken....well this time the DG has approved private firms to take corpers...if you know a firm that could take you I suggest you tell them to write to the state coordinator and have someone take it to camp to request your working with them, that will save the stress of having to do that when you leave camp
thnks for the guidance, buh pls what about d info stating that there priorIty is "health, education and agriculture" dere was dis director that said we n dis batch will majorly b going to schls. Does it means that one will b posted 2 private firms strictly on request
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by easrael(f): 5:45am On Aug 03, 2014
How much is the fare from Jibowu and its how many hours to get there.
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by bissy000: 5:55am On Aug 03, 2014
@ Wiseracre... UI
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Wiseracre(m): 6:21am On Aug 03, 2014
bissy000: @ Wiseracre... UI

Oh really? I reside infront of ur sch u knw...wht dept? See ya in camp.
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by gozzy121(m): 7:51am On Aug 03, 2014
ur welcom 2014 batch B corp members.incase u wnt 2 charge ur phones,recharge card & Mtn data bundle.visit 50 CENT communication.insyd d mami mrkt(NYSC orientation umunya. anambra) call or watsap via 08032594722. Tnx
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Meeky(m): 8:09am On Aug 03, 2014
Udyelle:

For doctors and those in the medical field...you may have to join the camp clinic...if you become the CMD or the Asst CMD then it ill be easy to get a posting to the place of your choice...if not you'll just be posted to any hospital but it all depends on how well you behave and which top official gets to notice and like you
alrite.i see
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Wiseracre(m): 8:21am On Aug 03, 2014
Meeky: alrite.i see

Wht sch did u finish from bro? You were all over batch b14 thread.
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Udyelle(f): 8:25am On Aug 03, 2014
tobybasten: thnks for the guidance, buh pls what about d info stating that there priorIty is "health, education and agriculture" dere was dis director that said we n dis batch will majorly b going to schls. Does it means that one will b posted 2 private firms strictly on request

I can tell you dar anambra has enough schools...but there are also ministries too...I served in the ministry of finance....so posting isn't restricted to schools alone...for you to be in a private firm...just try to do what I advised

1 Like

Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Meeky(m): 8:54am On Aug 03, 2014
Wiseracre:

Wht sch did u finish from bro? You were all over batch b14 thread.
university of calabar and i studied medicine and surgery.graduated 2011
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by chnovpaul(m): 9:02am On Aug 03, 2014
Meeky: university of calabar and i studied medicine and surgery.graduated 2011

Cool!

That's my brother from another mother. I'm serving at the state university's TH in Awka, though the hosp has been knocked out at the moment. We'll definitely get to see in camp. Once you get to camp, identify with the camp clinic as soon as you can. It makes a whole lot of difference.
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by chnovpaul(m): 9:04am On Aug 03, 2014
Udyelle:

She's right!

But it doesn't work all the time though.
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Meeky(m): 9:10am On Aug 03, 2014
chnovpaul:

Cool!

That's my brother from another mother. I'm serving at the state university's TH in Awka, though the hosp has been knocked out at the moment. We'll definitely get to see in camp. Once you get to camp, identify with the camp clinic as soon as you can. It makes a whole lot of difference.
are u a doctor.yes nma strike things na.mehn i know abt d camp clinic cos i had gone there to d one in nasarawa in march but had issues that is why i remobilised for this current batch.all the same thanks bro
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Wiseracre(m): 9:25am On Aug 03, 2014
Udyelle:

I can tell you dar anambra has enough schools...but there are also ministries too...I served in the ministry of finance....so posting isn't restricted to schools alone...for you to be in a private firm...just try to do what I advised

Wow, ministry of finance? How much were u paid?
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Wiseracre(m): 9:25am On Aug 03, 2014
Meeky: university of calabar and i studied medicine and surgery.graduated 2011

Aii, cool man. See u in camp
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by chnovpaul(m): 9:45am On Aug 03, 2014
Wiseracre:

Thanks bro,Howz the accommodation like in AKWA and onitsha? Can u give a budget range?

Accommodation in Onitsha and Awka is a little expensive (relative to your pocket and NYSC allowance though). Just as Udyelle said, the average is about 60-70k for a self-contained room. I think this is because of the fact that there are many university students around, especially Unizik students. But the truth is you don't have to come to Awka. I'll tell you why.

Even though I'm presently serving in Awka (didn't work it though), in retrospect, I'd have loved to serve in the interior. My first few months in Awka were so boring, that I had to keep travelling around almost every weekend to stay with my buddies. Where? In the same interior I initially didn't want to go to. I'm not saying the villages and small towns are much better though, but for me, I enjoy my time there, much more than just staying in the capital. More so, you can easily access the big towns as they aren't that far. In fact, you can travel between the farthest town in Anambra to Awka within an average of 30 minutes. I'm saying this because I've actually toured around wink

Then in terms of accommodation, I can say that about 80% of employers in Awka would not give you accommodation. I'm sure none of the ministries would give. Some schools give, but just a handful. The reason is because of the congestion and the high price. But when you compare with other places in Anambra, most of the corpers get free accommodation. For instance, in Anaocha LG, about 20 minutes away from Awka, almost all the corpers were fully accommodated, free of charge, either in schools' corpers lodges, or individual homes of the locals. This points to the hospitality of the Igbo pple in general. They are quite accommodating, I must say. And the homes are not just small bungalows or face-me-face-you you find in the SW, they are nice, big, decent houses.

Enough of that for now.

My point is you don't actually have to work your posting. Let nature run its course, and you'll be better for it. And you'll save yourself plenty money along the way.
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by tobybasten(m): 9:51am On Aug 03, 2014
Udyelle:

thanks.
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by tobybasten(m): 9:55am On Aug 03, 2014
Wiseracre:

Wow, ministry of finance? How much were u paid?
na still d govt now, likely d same the state govt s giving everyone. Though dere should be tips as ministry things now
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by tobybasten(m): 9:59am On Aug 03, 2014
chnovpaul:

Accommodation in Onitsha and Awka is a little expensive (relative to your pocket and NYSC allowance though). Just as Udders said, the average is about 60-70k for a self-contained room. I think this is because of the fact that there are many university students around, especially Union students. But the truth is you don't have to come to Aka. I'll tell you why.

Even though I'm presently serving in Aka (didn't work it though), in retrospect, I'd have loved to serve in the interior. My first few months in Aka were so boring, that I had to keep travelling around almost every weekend to stay with my buddies. Where? In the same interior I initially didn't want to go to. I'm not saying the villages and small towns are much better though, but for me, I enjoy my time there, much more than just staying in the capital. More so, you can easily access the big towns as they aren't that far. In fact, you can travel between the farthest town in Anambra to Aka within an average of 30 minutes. I'm saying this because I've actually toured around wink

Then in terms of accommodation, I can say that about 80% of employers in Aka would not give you accommodation. I'm sure none of the ministries would give. Some schools give, but just a handful. The reason is because of the congestion and the high price. But when you compare with other places in Anambra, most of the corners get free accommodation. For instance, in Annoys LG, about 20 minutes away from Aka, almost all the corners were fully accommodated, free of charge, either in schools' corners lodges, or individual homes of the locals. This points to the hospitality of the Igloo pole in general. They are quite accommodating, I must say. And the homes are not just small bungalows or face-me-face-you you find in the SW, they are nice, big, decent houses.

Enough of that for now.

My point is you don't actually have to work your posting. Let nature run its course, and you'll be better for it. And you'll save yourself plenty money along the way.
thanks bro, very encouraging and helpful. A beg wot's d hope of dos dat love woman now? gringrin
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Wiseracre(m): 10:00am On Aug 03, 2014
chnovpaul:

Accommodation in Onitsha and Awka is a little expensive (relative to your pocket and NYSC allowance though). Just as Udyelle said, the average is about 60-70k for a self-contained room. I think this is because of the fact that there are many university students around, especially Unizik students. But the truth is you don't have to come to Awka. I'll tell you why.

Even though I'm presently serving in Awka (didn't work it though), in retrospect, I'd have loved to serve in the interior. My first few months in Awka were so boring, that I had to keep travelling around almost every weekend to stay with my buddies. Where? In the same interior I initially didn't want to go to. I'm not saying the villages and small towns are much better though, but for me, I enjoy my time there, much more than just staying in the capital. More so, you can easily access the big towns as they aren't that far. In fact, you can travel between the farthest town in Anambra to Awka within an average of 30 minutes. I'm saying this because I've actually toured around wink

Then in terms of accommodation, I can say that about 80% of employers in Awka would not give you accommodation. I'm sure none of the ministries would give. Some schools give, but just a handful. The reason is because of the congestion and the high price. But when you compare with other places in Anambra, most of the corpers get free accommodation. For instance, in Anaocha LG, about 20 minutes away from Awka, almost all the corpers were fully accommodated, free of charge, either in schools' corpers lodges, or individual homes of the locals. This points to the hospitality of the Igbo pple in general. They are quite accommodating, I must say. And the homes are not just small bungalows or face-me-face-you you find in the SW, they are nice, big, decent houses.

Enough of that for now.

Really helpful. Thanks thanks and thanks.

Am thinking of joining the boys brigade...any suggestion on a better group?
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Wiseracre(m): 10:01am On Aug 03, 2014
tobybasten: thanks bro, very encouraging and helpful. A beg wot's d hope of dos dat love woman now? gringrin

Lol...yessooo
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by kennykg(m): 10:16am On Aug 03, 2014
chnovpaul:

Enough of that for now.

boss i feel you.
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by kennykg(m): 10:17am On Aug 03, 2014
What do you guys travelling from lagos think about travelling together ? Tuesday?
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by chnovpaul(m): 12:03pm On Aug 03, 2014
kennykg: What do you guys travelling from lagos think about travelling together ? Tuesday?

You guys should probably travel together in a bus, and the bus should drop you in camp, or at least at the junction.

#justsaying smiley
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by kennykg(m): 12:12pm On Aug 03, 2014
chnovpaul:

You guys should probably travel together in a bus, and the bus should drop you in camp, or at least at the junction.

#justsaying smiley
that's exactly what i'm saying. But it's getting people to full a bus. Just the thing
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by chnovpaul(m): 12:16pm On Aug 03, 2014
Wiseracre:

Really helpful. Thanks thanks and thanks.

Am thinking of joining the boys brigade...any suggestion on a better group?

You're welcome, anytime.

There are basically about four groups you can join in camp, asides the CDS groups later on. They are the camp's orientation broadcasting service (OBS), camp clinic, Red Cross, then, religious groups.

OBS selects on the basis of your auditioning performance. They would do that on Sunday after arrival.

All medical personnel are free to work in the clinic, although emphasis is always on the doctors, nurses, medical lab scientists, dentists, physiotherapists, optometrists and...errrrrrmmmmmmm...that's all, I think. I was like an Asst. CMD during my own camping.

Red Cross? Don't really know much about them.

Then as per the religious groups, only three are allowed. That's Nigerian Corpers Christian Fellowship (NCCF), the Catholics, and the Muslims. You choose whichever you want.

As camp progresses, other groups would come up, such as MDGs, and so on.

In all, I don't think there's anything such as a better group. It all depends on your skills, and what you want.

1 Like

Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by kennykg(m): 2:11pm On Aug 03, 2014
easrael slimkay83 Meeky salimat Wiseracre hormohthorlarny
i'm sure everyone mentioned would be moving from lag to anambra....why don't we all travel together in a bus. If you also have or know anyone traveling that's not on the list could join us.... Sure it would be cheaper,better and more fun that travelling alone
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Descartes: 3:06pm On Aug 03, 2014
jeezey: To all of u.. Posted to Anambra.. Is a nice place and pple there are loving and caring pple...u will enjoy the camp.. Is a nice place atleast for an average Nigerian.. If U want to be posted to Akwa or Onitsha.. U must know how to beat drum and join boys brigade grp... Or u join OBS (broadcast-ng) or u join NYSC Anambra football Team..or NySC drama troop.. Any pple that known how do Dis and join them will be posted to state capital or Onitsha... Note: don't influence ur posting.. State Govt is paying #5800.. U will really enyoy mami market if u ave ur money..Igbo can cook very well..bitter leaf soup..... Na only anambra state u can't have money and stil tour all anambra without paying deem.. They really respect corpers... Presently serving... Ire ooo gud luck..330AA260
Thank you for your testimony.
Indeed Anambra and Ndigbo respect Corpers not only that but any visitor to their states smiley
Am a Stakeholder to the State. wink
Willie Obiano, Akpokuedike 1 of Aguleri is a great Technocrat. smiley
Anambra Adigo Mma cool
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by jeezey(m): 3:13pm On Aug 03, 2014
U better don't hate teaching... Only the medical line and law student will not be posted to teaching.. And some few pple from engineering student and few agric student ... 96% will be posted to school... Bro. Go and prepare for teaching.. No way!
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by jeezey(m): 3:24pm On Aug 03, 2014
Wiseracre:

Thanks man for the headup...does it mean that ppl that try influence their posting usually get dissapointed? Would Hav really love to join the boys brigade but cant really beat drum well...drama aint my thing and I dnt like broadcasting...any hope for me

Yes! Sometime... Even some regret it later coz of the financial spendingof the capital and Onitsha.. Since u can not beat drum forget it..then.. Coz only the pple dat ave known it will be allowed.. No time for teaching pple.... My advise for u is dat.. Let the will of God prevail. Gud luck and enjoy ur camp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which State Pays Veterinary Doctor Corpers Highest During NYSC / How To Start A Business As A Corps Member / Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.