Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,893 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members (15107 Views)

Nysc: Unaccounted One-two Months Federal Allowance For Batch B Corp Members / Osun State 2014 NYSC Batch B Stream II / POP Date For This Current Batch B Corp Members.......... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Henry13(m): 3:48pm On Aug 03, 2014
Yea, from EMT..I wud b going from lag, maza maza on tuesday..Ur which dpt and what's d name?
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Wiseracre(m): 4:25pm On Aug 03, 2014
kennykg: easrael slimkay83 Meeky salimat Wiseracre hormohthorlarny
i'm sure everyone mentioned would be moving from lag to anambra....why don't we all travel together in a bus. If you also have or know anyone traveling that's not on the list could join us.... Sure it would be cheaper,better and more fun that travelling alone

Going from Ibadan bro...
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by kennykg(m): 5:46pm On Aug 03, 2014
Wiseracre:

Going from Ibadan bro...
we go see there
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by kennykg(m): 5:47pm On Aug 03, 2014
Going on tuesday 6.30am tfair 4k1
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by gra8mind(m): 6:46pm On Aug 03, 2014
[color=#000099][/color] Congratulobia to all of you posted to Anambra ''The light of the nation'' I am currently serving in Anambra at Boys Sec Schl, Oraifite in Ekwusigo Local Govt. Batch A 2014. Chill, Anambra is a good and peaceful state. All you just need is to love the people there dont have negative intention so as to let you find joy all through your service year. Anambra has 21 local govt just pray that your portion should not be the 2 worst Local govt. Though no record of bad incidence, Ayamelone local govt and Indemili local govt. People always rumour out that people might fall-drown in Ayamelone due to the riverine expanse of land it got-you'll need to ferry on boat from your ppa to your lodge/market/church etc. Forget it. Its a blatant lie. As for Indemili local govt, people said it is a place where that forbidden snakes live. The snake is said to be sacred snake one must not kill- else you'll do burial ceremony of it the way they do for human being. Though there is snake but not common, infact it is harmless snake as per my research. Taking a look a Okija in Ihiala Local Govt. Have been to the place, I must confess the place is cool and friendly but dont go out at night because is very dangerous because of the normal activities of the area where most herbalist doctor resides- (many shrine). Okija I prefer the place anyway.

Corper wee o! Yorubas, relax because yoruba has the highest population as corper in anambra follow by edo. So cool down cause you'll flow with your accent.
If you are to travel just make sure you'll not enter anambra at night especially Onitsha because you will force to pay N100 as fare instead of N10 else you'll forfeited your belongings to street urchins but Kudos to our Governor, His excellency Willie Obiano, he has been doing something good to wipe that abysmal to trash.

The only way to enjoy camp is to follow the rules and regulations because is a regimented areas

Muslim corpers will enjoy little more if you are a devoted type sha, because you may rest from 5am till 6:30 or 7:00am when you go for solat Subuhi while others are facing the torture of man'O' war.
Fetch water overnight for your bath else you will not see tap rushing in the morning

I bet no mosquito cause it will be fumigate
if you want to adjust your kit relax till nobody is doing it else you'll pay more for it.

Anambra is the right place for your Nysc. The people there will be friendly to you especially if you put your identity like nysc cap. But always bargain down your price because one they notice you a are a corper they will want to....

ORO PO NINU IWE KOBO (THIS IS JUST A PREAMBLE)

ANAMKOPA.......Wish you all the best.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Udyelle(f): 7:15pm On Aug 03, 2014
Wiseracre:

Wow, ministry of finance? How much were u paid?

Don't be 'wowed' by the ministry of finance tin....they pay N5799.68, even with all the stress..
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by tobybasten(m): 7:16pm On Aug 03, 2014
gra8mind: [color=#000099][/color] Congratulobia to all of you posted to Anambra ''The light of the nation'' I am currently serving in Anambra at Boys Sec Schl, Oraifite in Ekwusigo Local Govt. Batch A 2014. Chill, Anambra is a good and peaceful state. All you just need is to love the people there dont have negative intention so as to let you find joy all through your service year. Anambra has 21 local govt just pray that your portion should not be the 2 worst Local govt. Though no record of bad incidence, Ayamelone local govt and Indemili local govt. People always rumour out that people might fall-drown in Ayamelone due to the riverine expanse of land it got-you'll need to ferry on boat from your ppa to your lodge/market/church etc. Forget it. Its a blatant lie. As for Indemili local govt, people said it is a place where that forbidden snakes live. The snake is said to be sacred snake one must not kill- else you'll do burial ceremony of it the way they do for human being. Though there is snake but not common, infact it is harmless snake as per my research. Taking a look a Okija in Ihiala Local Govt. Have been to the place, I must confess the place is cool and friendly but dont go out at night because is very dangerous because of the normal activities of the area where most herbalist doctor resides- (many shrine). Okija I prefer the place anyway.

Corper wee o! Yorubas, relax because yoruba has the highest population as corper in anambra follow by edo. So cool down cause you'll flow with your accent.
If you are to travel just make sure you'll not enter anambra at night especially Onitsha because you will force to pay N100 as fare instead of N10 else you'll forfeited your belongings to street urchins but Kudos to our Governor, His excellency Willie Obiano, he has been doing something good to wipe that abysmal to trash.

The only way to enjoy camp is to follow the rules and regulations because is a regimented areas

Muslim corpers will enjoy little more if you are a devoted type sha, because you may rest from 5am till 6:30 or 7:00am when you go for solat Subuhi while others are facing the torture of man'O' war.
Fetch water overnight for your bath else you will not see tap rushing in the morning

I bet no mosquito cause it will be fumigate
if you want to adjust your kit relax till nobody is doing it else you'll pay more for it.

Anambra is the right place for your Nysc. The people there will be friendly to you especially if you put your identity like nysc cap. But always bargain down your price because one they notice you a are a corper they will want to....

ORO PO NINU IWE KOBO (THIS IS JUST A PREAMBLE)

ANAMKOPA.......Wish you all the best.
actually you have said a lot. Thanks

1 Like

Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by tobybasten(m): 7:18pm On Aug 03, 2014
Udyelle:

Don't be 'wowed' by the ministry of finance tin....they pay N5799.68, even with all the stress..
pls will this $oney be paid on a monthly basis or at the end of the service year like some states do
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Udyelle(f): 7:25pm On Aug 03, 2014
tobybasten: pls will this $oney be paid on a monthly basis or at the end of the service year like some states do

For those in the ministry, they'll be paid after 2months cumulative initially then monthly subsequently....for those in schools,I thinks its like after 4 to 6 mths cumulative then monthly subsequently

1 Like

Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by slimkay83(m): 8:14pm On Aug 03, 2014
Kenny....I actually supported the idea of moving in group. Will be moving on Tuesday by 5am via Job own.
Will surely look out for u fellow ladokite. We must say as one
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Meeky(m): 8:21pm On Aug 03, 2014
chnovpaul:

Accommodation in Onitsha and Awka is a little expensive (relative to your pocket and NYSC allowance though). Just as Udyelle said, the average is about 60-70k for a self-contained room. I think this is because of the fact that there are many university students around, especially Unizik students. But the truth is you don't have to come to Awka. I'll tell you why.

Even though I'm presently serving in Awka (didn't work it though), in retrospect, I'd have loved to serve in the interior. My first few months in Awka were so boring, that I had to keep travelling around almost every weekend to stay with my buddies. Where? In the same interior I initially didn't want to go to. I'm not saying the villages and small towns are much better though, but for me, I enjoy my time there, much more than just staying in the capital. More so, you can easily access the big towns as they aren't that far. In fact, you can travel between the farthest town in Anambra to Awka within an average of 30 minutes. I'm saying this because I've actually toured around wink

Then in terms of accommodation, I can say that about 80% of employers in Awka would not give you accommodation. I'm sure none of the ministries would give. Some schools give, but just a handful. The reason is because of the congestion and the high price. But when you compare with other places in Anambra, most of the corpers get free accommodation. For instance, in Anaocha LG, about 20 minutes away from Awka, almost all the corpers were fully accommodated, free of charge, either in schools' corpers lodges, or individual homes of the locals. This points to the hospitality of the Igbo pple in general. They are quite accommodating, I must say. And the homes are not just small bungalows or face-me-face-you you find in the SW, they are nice, big, decent houses.

Enough of that for now.

My point is you don't actually have to work your posting. Let nature run its course, and you'll be better for it. And you'll save yourself plenty money along the way.
bros did ya ppa give u accomodation?
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by chnovpaul(m): 8:49pm On Aug 03, 2014
Meeky: bros did ya ppa give u accomodation?

Yeah, I got accommodation. As a medical personnel, most hospitals would actually give accommodation. The question is whether it would be conducive and comfortable, or not.

But for you, one way or the other, you'd likely get, regardless of where you're posted to.
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by chnovpaul(m): 8:57pm On Aug 03, 2014
The screenshot is just to give you a general idea of where the camp is...just between Onitsha and Awka (where the red marker is).

3 Likes

Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 03, 2014
gozzy121: ur welcom 2014 batch B corp members.incase u wnt 2 charge ur phones,recharge card & Mtn data bundle.visit 50 CENT communication.insyd d mami mrkt(NYSC orientation umunya. anambra) call or watsap via 08032594722. Tnx
Will we be assured of the security of our phones if we come around to charge?
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by kennykg(m): 10:31pm On Aug 03, 2014
slimkay83: Kenny....I actually supported the idea of moving in group. Will be moving on Tuesday by 5am via Job own.
Will surely look out for u fellow ladokite. We must say as one
But i don't think that would work. We go see for there.
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by IGBOPRESIDENT(m): 11:28pm On Aug 03, 2014
I attended UNN and I was posted in Anambra. I've lived in Anambra state for a long time. I know all the nooks and cranny of the state. Anambra is a safe-haven. If you are a Yoruba person, once you come to Anambra state, you'll observe that the people will welcome you with joy in their hearts. The tribal warfare going on between the Igbos and the Yorubas have no roots in the eastern heartland.
However, bear it in mind that Anambra people are big-time opportunists. They'll take advantage of your carelessness in the twinkling of an eye. The moment you set foot on the state, you'll realise there is a god called 'money' worshipped by the people, even though they claim to worship God.
You must therefore cut yourself an Anambra man's entrepreneural brain, so that when you finish serving, you'll be able to stand on your feet for sometime before you get a job or even watch your business grow.
There is no typical rural area in the state. Every village, town and city has electricity and some level of water supply. There is a road revolution going on in the state, making most of the towns easily accessible for the conveying of passengers, goods and services.
The people can be boastful, but it is not for nothing. So, please don't be offended when they start. They are no violent, but don't push them to the wall. They respect security agencies, and have deep respect for youth corp members. Sometimes, they could comprise standards for you based solely on the consideration that you are a youth corp member.
My BBM PIN is 265B785A
Whatsapp 08099145982
You can call me Emmanuel. See you in camp on Tuesday.

3 Likes

Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by owolabiza(m): 7:57am On Aug 04, 2014
Fweshest otondo,welcome on board,,for easy access to camp,gt a bus to enugu and drop at umunya camp along awka road...,its easy to locate,jst 25min after uppy iweka,watch ur right side for d statue of nysc.,d camp is along anambra-enugu road..,instead of droppin at onitsha and takin anoda bus...d reason because dose onitsha boys wld extort u guys well000...and d price of bus frm lag-anambra-enugu is d same price.,,'am presently serving at army barracks onitsha.'....
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by tobybasten(m): 3:13pm On Aug 04, 2014
My people mee don land for camp Oº°˚˚˚°
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by kennykg(m): 5:23pm On Aug 04, 2014
tobybasten: My people mee don land for camp Oº°˚˚˚°
no dullin we go join you 2mao

1 Like

Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by seuner: 6:29pm On Aug 04, 2014
Otondos! welcome to Anambra state ' The light of the nation'. I shall be giving you important details for a conducive stay at anambra.

Transportation: From south west, edo , delta; board a bus going to enugu ( the reason for this is to avoid undue stresses of moving along the onitsha busy street with your excessive luggages, also, it will aid ease and speed of getting to d camp since umunya is along onitsha-awka-enugu road), alight at umunya corpers camp. then board a bike to d camp.

For those who deem it fit to pass through onitsha, or those coming from other parts of d country, after the bus has dropped u at onitsha, get a bike that will take u to where u can get bus to Awka (upper iweka). (pls be security conscious, since u are new to anambra, even though onitsha people are so friendly and hospitable, some elements still exist there). board awka bus and alight at umunya camp(150 naira); then board a bike to d camp (50 naira or so).

ABOUT UMUNYA CAMP: The camp is located at Oyi local govt, it has a serene and green environment, with lawn looking parade ground. it consist of many well built and painted hostels like the independence ( up indepence hostel), oyi, national, white, equity etc. with bad toilets and bathrooms ( so expect, shot puts and longthrow, although not advisable but i do am well well).

On arrival : I would advise u to arrive to camp early, so as to get a better accomodation, also to avoid long and stressful queueing during registration after a tedious journey and to get a fitted or a fairly fitted kits- many will get extra large). on arrival, u will be searched by some friendly officers, then you proceed for accomodation registration, after getting your hostel, locate a suitable territory for your bed location, keep your luggages on it ( remove cash, atm, phones and other valuable items). then speedily go and get your bed at the store on the other side after the parade ground. after collecting your bed, take it to ur hostel and proceed for call up letter clarification and other registration in phases

Camp Officials: Umunya camp has the most friendly but disciplined army ( all hail the commandoes, you guys will meet d young fluent action commando, comedian RSM, atama clapping r.i.p. platoon 10 commandant).

The state coordinator, who is popularly known for her charming dresses and her anthem ( anyama supepe....anyama, anyama supepe). The camp coordinator might be mr. uranta, a tall skinny man ( sorry sir, thats how best i can describe you). whose popular slogan ussually make the crowd burst into laughter ( good morning this morning, something happened yesterday, camp court!), the Obs man,our devotional cordinator ( remember to learn On christ the solid rock hymn) thats d devotional anthem.

my advice: dont insult any camp officials no matter how small or menial they look, they might turn to be your lga inspector or zonal inspector after camp; for example, my own lga inspector was in the kitchen in camp.

Groups in camp: There are various groups i would advice you to join.
1. OBS- orientation braoadcasting service oversees the passage of information/announcement, entertainment, public address system, sport commentary during matches, event organizer, news broadcasting and public relations.although its for everyone, but to avoid eviction i advise that if you are an entertainer, communicator, engineer ( majorly electrical), musician, comedian, studio technicals, commentators, you can join this group.

2. Camp Band: these are those that engage in military parade entertainment, devotional praises with drums, trumpet, saxophone, biggle. they also engage in blowing the biggle ( its like trumpet) for light out and conveyance to d parade ground. ( everybody knows the biggle man and trust me, na nysc pikin be d biggle man). if you can sing, energetic enough to stand for a long while, could play instruments ( wind and percussion instrument), you can join this group. there is a great reward for joining.

3. Camp court: if you a legal personnel, this is d group you must join. they oversee the legal activities of the camp. they issue punitive measures to undisciplined corp member based on the nysc bye laws ( abeg make una no face camp court oo, even jail dey camp ooo). lawyers, dont let corp members know u are in camp court ooo...(joking)

4. Medical expertees and red cross: this consist of medicine and surgery graduates, nursing and science laboratory technologist. you must always be in the camp clinic for emergencies and treatment of ailing corp member. your own parade ground is the clinic.

5.Other groups include social committee, sport committee, SAED committee. joining some of these committees might not yield a good result. i am a victim of sport committee, even though it was fun and an added knowledge.

Platoon Activities: platoon means a 'small group of soldiers'. The last number on your state code automatically fixes you in a platoon. e.g state code 1214 will be in platoon 4, code 0320 will be in platoon 10, code 2381 will be in platoon 1. A platoon officer ( nysc official), platoon commandant and assistant (2 army), a man o' war and platoon leader and assistant ( a corp member)
a. Platoon leader-He/she will carry out the leadership responsibility in the platoon as designated by superior platoo officers listed above. Guy! please rush in for this position; though stressful a bit, but its an hot cake if you are effective. most especially when u win trophies for your platoon.
b. Platoons challenge- Several competitions will hold at the camp, which include, sport (football, volleyball), drama, macho man,dance (mostly cultural dance of your posting state), beauty paegent, comedy, talks, parade and some other social activities. Your engagement in these activities and yielding remarkable result for your platoon might lead to a favourable PPA posting. Its really fun guys.

Camp Supplies: You will be provided with a bed space ( first come first serve) and a mat-looking bed (na joke ooo!), a meal ticket ( trust some of the 'Jagunlabis' who ate more than 2 plates with one card). You will be given a complete kits in which many of u might not get a fitted size. ( try and exchange with others who needs yours and you need theirs OR beg the officer in charge). Also, there is a consistent and uninterrupted water and electricity supply (no charging points in d hostels).

Camp Market: popularly called 'maamy' . many market sellers are waiting for you to patronize them,ranging from food sellers ( state local meal, indomie, fried foods like akara), tailors, phone charging spots, consumables, plates, socks and underwears, dry cleaners, viewing centers e.t.c. things are very expensive in camp. Also try and visit the federal market (nccf).

Religious activities: you are at immunity to practise your religion as far as it does not interrupt with camp rules.
My Advise: many lives might be ruined in camp and many lives will be equipped, its an avenue for you to draw closer to God. Activities will almost take you away from your spiritual devotions but Nigeria christian corpers fellowship and muslim corpers fellowship are there for you.
both fellowships will withdraw cash for you ( u might run out of cash, charge your phones and couselling. all for free!)
NCCF impact your life through their daily worship and word filled service and engages in spiritual counselling and welfarism. The MCF makes sure u engage in your daily 5 times prayed uninterrupted.

expect more info later. 21 days in a confined territory away from the real world is once in a life time. two things are involved, its either you are equipped or destroyed. I am trusting God for your lives that after 21 days, you will come out smiling and not soberly, with a testimony and not with regrets. Have a fulfilled stay.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by tobybasten(m): 8:14pm On Aug 04, 2014
seuner: Otondos! welcome to Anambra state ' The light of the nation'. I shall be giving you important details for a conducive stay at anambra.

Transportation: From south west, edo , delta; board a bus going to enugu ( the reason for this is to avoid undue stresses of moving along the onitsha busy street with your excessive luggages, also, it will aid ease and speed of getting to d camp since umunya is along onitsha-awka-enugu road), alight at umunya corpers camp. then board a bike to d camp.

For those who deem it fit to pass through onitsha, or those coming from other parts of d country, after the bus has dropped u at onitsha, get a bike that will take u to where u can get bus to Awka (upper iweka). (pls be security conscious, since u are new to anambra, even though onitsha people are so friendly and hospitable, some elements still exist there). board awka bus and alight at umunya camp(150 naira); then board a bike to d camp (50 naira or so).

ABOUT UMUNYA CAMP: The camp is located at Oyi local govt, it has a serene and green environment, with lawn looking parade ground. it consist of many well built and painted hostels like the independence ( up indepence hostel), oyi, national, white, equity etc. with bad toilets and bathrooms ( so expect, shot puts and longthrow, although not advisable but i do am well well).

On arrival : I would advise u to arrive to camp early, so as to get a better accomodation, also to avoid long and stressful queueing during registration after a tedious journey and to get a fitted or a fairly fitted kits- many will get extra large). on arrival, u will be searched by some friendly officers, then you proceed for accomodation registration, after getting your hostel, locate a suitable territory for your bed location, keep your luggages on it ( remove cash, atm, phones and other valuable items). then speedily go and get your bed at the store on the other side after the parade ground. after collecting your bed, take it to ur hostel and proceed for call up letter clarification and other registration in phases

Camp Officials: Umunya camp has the most friendly but disciplined army ( all hail the commandoes, you guys will meet d young fluent action commando, comedian RSM, atama clapping r.i.p. platoon 10 commandant).

The state coordinator, who is popularly known for her charming dresses and her anthem ( anyama supepe....anyama, anyama supepe). The camp coordinator might be mr. uranta, a tall skinny man ( sorry sir, thats how best i can describe you). whose popular slogan ussually make the crowd burst into laughter ( good morning this morning, something happened yesterday, camp court!), the Obs man,our devotional cordinator ( remember to learn On christ the solid rock hymn) thats d devotional anthem.

my advice: dont insult any camp officials no matter how small or menial they look, they might turn to be your lga inspector or zonal inspector after camp; for example, my own lga inspector was in the kitchen in camp.

Groups in camp: There are various groups i would advice you to join.
1. OBS- orientation braoadcasting service oversees the passage of information/announcement, entertainment, public address system, sport commentary during matches, event organizer, news broadcasting and public relations.although its for everyone, but to avoid eviction i advise that if you are an entertainer, communicator, engineer ( majorly electrical), musician, comedian, studio technicals, commentators, you can join this group.

2. Camp Band: these are those that engage in military parade entertainment, devotional praises with drums, trumpet, saxophone, biggle. they also engage in blowing the biggle ( its like trumpet) for light out and conveyance to d parade ground. ( everybody knows the biggle man and trust me, na nysc pikin be d biggle man). if you can sing, energetic enough to stand for a long while, could play instruments ( wind and percussion instrument), you can join this group. there is a great reward for joining.

3. Camp court: if you a legal personnel, this is d group you must join. they oversee the legal activities of the camp. they issue punitive measures to undisciplined corp member based on the nysc bye laws ( abeg make una no face camp court oo, even jail dey camp ooo). lawyers, dont let corp members know u are in camp court ooo...(joking)

4. Medical expertees and red cross: this consist of medicine and surgery graduates, nursing and science laboratory technologist. you must always be in the camp clinic for emergencies and treatment of ailing corp member. your own parade ground is the clinic.

5.Other groups include social committee, sport committee, SAED committee. joining some of these committees might not yield a good result. i am a victim of sport committee, even though it was fun and an added knowledge.

Platoon Activities: platoon means a 'small group of soldiers'. The last number on your state code automatically fixes you in a platoon. e.g state code 1214 will be in platoon 4, code 0320 will be in platoon 10, code 2381 will be in platoon 1. A platoon officer ( nysc official), platoon commandant and assistant (2 army), a man o' war and platoon leader and assistant ( a corp member)
a. Platoon leader-He/she will carry out the leadership responsibility in the platoon as designated by superior platoo officers listed above. Guy! please rush in for this position; though stressful a bit, but its an hot cake if you are effective. most especially when u win trophies for your platoon.
b. Platoons challenge- Several competitions will hold at the camp, which include, sport (football, volleyball), drama, macho man,dance (mostly cultural dance of your posting state), beauty paegent, comedy, talks, parade and some other social activities. Your engagement in these activities and yielding remarkable result for your platoon might lead to a favourable PPA posting. Its really fun guys.

Camp Supplies: You will be provided with a bed space ( first come first serve) and a mat-looking bed (na joke ooo!), a meal ticket ( trust some of the 'Jagunlabis' who ate more than 2 plates with one card). You will be given a complete kits in which many of u might not get a fitted size. ( try and exchange with others who needs yours and you need theirs OR beg the officer in charge). Also, there is a consistent and uninterrupted water and electricity supply (no charging points in d hostels).

Camp Market: popularly called 'maamy' . many market sellers are waiting for you to patronize them,ranging from food sellers ( state local meal, indomie, fried foods like akara), tailors, phone charging spots, consumables, plates, socks and underwears, dry cleaners, viewing centers e.t.c. things are very expensive in camp. Also try and visit the federal market (nccf).

Religious activities: you are at immunity to practise your religion as far as it does not interrupt with camp rules.
My Advise: many lives might be ruined in camp and many lives will be equipped, its an avenue for you to draw closer to God. Activities will almost take you away from your spiritual devotions but Nigeria christian corpers fellowship and muslim corpers fellowship are there for you.
both fellowships will withdraw cash for you ( u might run out of cash, charge your phones and couselling. all for free!)
NCCF impact your life through their daily worship and word filled service and engages in spiritual counselling and welfarism. The MCF makes sure u engage in your daily 5 times prayed uninterrupted.

expect more info later. 21 days in a confined territory away from the real world is once in a life time. two things are involved, its either you are equipped or destroyed. I am trusting God for your lives that after 21 days, you will come out smiling and not soberly, with a testimony and not with regrets. Have a fulfilled stay.
. Thanks baba

1 Like

Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Meeky(m): 8:20pm On Aug 04, 2014
tobybasten: . Thanks baba
bro are in the camp
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Wiseracre(m): 9:17pm On Aug 04, 2014
tobybasten: My people mee don land for camp Oº°˚˚˚°

Cool...dem don open camp?
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by tobybasten(m): 9:42pm On Aug 04, 2014
Wiseracre:

Cool...dem don open camp?
d camp no get gate like dat. We're given bed just 4 tonyt. 2mao we get out
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by tobybasten(m): 9:46pm On Aug 04, 2014
Meeky: bro are in the camp
yes ooo. You don come too?
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Wiseracre(m): 9:54pm On Aug 04, 2014
tobybasten: d camp no get gate like dat. We're given bed just 4 tonyt. 2mao we get out

Aii bro, see you tomorrow...packing my stuffs right now. Shaybi O'level result is nt needed?
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Meeky(m): 10:02pm On Aug 04, 2014
tobybasten: yes ooo. You don come too?
yes which block you dey
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by tobybasten(m): 10:09pm On Aug 04, 2014
Meeky: yes which block you dey
dat block wth light. Adjacent dat place dey r playing music b4
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by tobybasten(m): 10:11pm On Aug 04, 2014
Wiseracre:

Aii bro, see you tomorrow...packing my stuffs right now. Shaybi O'level result is nt needed?
i don't think so
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by mipemi(m): 11:09pm On Aug 04, 2014
Coming 2moro...see y'all...God guide us all
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by slimkay83(m): 10:07am On Aug 05, 2014
Juz booked a bus to camp direct. See you all soon
Re: NYSC : Anambra State 2014 'batch B' Corp Members by Meeky(m): 11:03am On Aug 05, 2014
tobybasten: dat block wth light. Adjacent dat place dey r playing music b4
bros where u dey.i am here in independent hostel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which State Pays Veterinary Doctor Corpers Highest During NYSC / How To Start A Business As A Corps Member / Molestation Of NYSC Member: Court Frees Osun Monarch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.