Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,647 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog (19232 Views)

Don't Mistakenly Poison Your Dog(an Alert) / Does Your Dog Kill Rats, Birds And Other Animals? (Pictures) / Dog Breeders List Your Dog Kennel Or Current Puppy Litter Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by tobbya123: 10:00pm On Aug 16, 2015
my dog pop is a little bit watery.i have been feeding it golden morn
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by theecaus(m): 9:22am On Aug 17, 2015
I av a local dog(puppy)a gift frm a frend actually bt I am tinkin of buying a GSD very soon(cause u pple dey oppress me)bt I want to gve d one I have nw d very best cause it's a very sensible dog...so I wnt d help of u guys on wat to feed d puppy to bcum a very big and beautiful dog....sensible advice frm sensible pple will be appreciated

1 Like

Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by naijainfogalery: 9:53am On Aug 17, 2015
reasding this self is making me hungry, Chai dogs are enjoying oo, some humans sef never chop this kind meals

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by adahgold(m): 12:24pm On Aug 18, 2015
Apart from Jo Jo,I prepare what is called acha is white in color,I prepare it with fish of any kind with crayfish,maggi,onion.a little salt trust me ur dog will eat.
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by olumig(m): 12:33pm On Aug 18, 2015
redfigure:
Waste of money... I grind corn, fried soya beans and dried fish, then mix it together... Prepare like semolina, add. Palm oil and salt... Food is ready
Dried fish is quite cheap, I can buy a full packo sack for 2k
Mum still use the same ingredient plus wheat for baking chin chin as treat.
Where do you get the dried fish from?
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by redfigure(m): 12:45pm On Aug 18, 2015
adahgold:
Apart from Jo Jo,I prepare what is called acha is white in color,I prepare it with fish of any kind with crayfish,maggi,onion.a little salt trust me ur dog will eat.
Hoe cheap is acha, thought Id only gotten around the northern part
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by redfigure(m): 12:46pm On Aug 18, 2015
olumig:
Where do you get the dried fish from?
I stay at, Agbara, Lusada. from their market on market day
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by adahgold(m): 12:56pm On Aug 18, 2015
redfigure:

Hoe cheap is acha, thought Id only gotten around the northern part

in abj one stainless bowl which is called (mudu) is 600 hundreds naira,in jos is 350h.
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by redfigure(m): 1:04pm On Aug 18, 2015
adahgold:

in abj one stainless bowl which is called (mudu) is 600 hundreds naira,in jos is 350h.
Is the mudu bigger than paint bucket?
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by adahgold(m): 10:34am On Aug 19, 2015
redfigure:

Is the mudu bigger than paint bucket?

the paint bucket is bigger.
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by sexy74(m): 8:59pm On Aug 21, 2015
for me I feed my do with rice mixed with red oil and cray fish with bones from goat meat.
I used to give it Jojo dog food I now found out it prefers eating the rice living the Jojo dried food that I mix with it.
though I soak the Jojo food before I mix it with the rice.
For now I have reduced the Jojo food and concentrated more on the rice and goat meat bones.

Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by tobbya123: 1:41am On Aug 22, 2015
How old is ur dog
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by sexy74(m): 1:20pm On Aug 22, 2015
tobbya123:
How old is ur dog
she would be 5 months August ending. this picture was taken when she was 3 months plus.
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by wizi44(m): 9:29pm On Mar 31, 2017
As for me if there is no bocconi can food and bingoo dog food cos mix both and serve I use this recipe
I put rice in a pot and parboil it after that I add palm oil, and ground crayfish and I leave to boil for 5 minutes then I add fish intestines and Fishheads with bones and sometimes chicken heads which I cut little by little after adding In good quantity I leave to boil

1 Like

Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by meekohli: 12:20pm On Apr 01, 2017
boss,I love this ur method ,but my question is that don't they get tired of having same meal
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by bobogii2008: 2:03pm On Apr 01, 2017
theecaus:
I av a local dog(puppy)a gift frm a frend actually bt I am tinkin of buying a GSD very soon(cause u pple dey oppress me)bt I want to gve d one I have nw d very best cause it's a very sensible dog...so I wnt d help of u guys on wat to feed d puppy to bcum a very big and beautiful dog....sensible advice frm sensible pple will be appreciated

Local dogs don't usually grow very big, no matter what you feed it. Although you can Try feeding it with noodles plus food fat to reach its peak growth potential.
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by bobogii2008: 2:12pm On Apr 01, 2017
I hardly buy the canned/dried foods for my dog. I buy noodle waste, like 6kg, food fat 3kg. I get d insides of the chicken from a friend that runs a poultry slaughter house, everything costs me less than 5k, and it lasts for about 3weeks. So I mix d noodle waste and food fat together, and then boil with a little water, I boil the insides of the chicken seperately as it takes a longer time to cook. Then I add the cooked insides to the cooked noodles+food fat with a tablet of vitapet and serve the dog. Believe me ever since I started this combo my dogs size has improved tremendously. Ill upload his picture shortly,he'll b 4 months next week.

Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by bobogii2008: 2:36pm On Apr 01, 2017
bobogii2008:
I hardly buy the canned/dried foods for my dog. I buy noodle waste, like 6kg, food fat 3kg. I get d insides of the chicken from a friend that runs a poultry slaughter house. So I mix d noodle waste and food fat together, and then boil with a little water, I boil the insides of the chicken seperately as it takes a longer time to cook. Then I add the cooked insides to the cooked noodles+food fat with a tablet of vitapet and serve the dog. Believe me ever since I started this combo my dogs size has improved tremendously. Ill upload his picture shortly.

He'll be 4 months next week.

Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by mccoyelectric: 11:02pm On Apr 01, 2017
redfigure:
Waste of money... I grind corn, fried soya beans and dried fish, then mix it together... Prepare like semolina, add. Palm oil and salt... Food is ready
Now that's a guy who knows wats up... same here once that my mmixture would be added to indomie... rice... and etc... den fresh cow milk per day.. one bowl

Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by tonyflash43(m): 2:22am On Apr 02, 2017
guys morning, i got a dog nw and i don't know the breed, i will snap and upload pic wen the day is bright, the dog is due for mating, abeg i nova get money for mating, bt i will apprieciate any dog owner willing to mate for me for free, i will give one or two puppies wen it gives birth, thanks and i will upload pix wen the day is bright, am in surulere lagos.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by michealjordan: 11:06am On Apr 06, 2017
please how much is fish meal and how or where can I get it
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by babyboy4every1: 8:26am On Apr 07, 2017
bobogii2008:

Local dogs don't usually grow very big, no matter what you feed it. Although you can Try feeding it with noodles plus food fat to reach its peak growth potential.
I disagree with you,local dogs have the tendency of brcoming very huge.its because of the way we care for them. Imagine,someone i knw very well never fed his local dog.how on earth did you expect that to grow.d dog only fed on feaces.i had a dog like 10 yrs ago. Shes jerry by name.people ask me what breed was she but i never knw what they meant then.i can spend my last kobo on the dog.i wnt to abbattoir in abeokuta to get buscuit bone plus ashamo egun. I even buy calves seen in a cow.if you see jerry then,just exctly like gsd.very big and tall. Someone borrow it and ran away with it.it was after some yrs later i saw the guy but cldnt do anything for him.
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by olumig(m): 10:34am On Apr 07, 2017
babyboy4every1:

I disagree with you,local dogs have the tendency of brcoming very huge.its because of the way we care for them. Imagine,someone i knw very well never fed his local dog.how on earth did you expect that to grow.d dog only fed on feaces.i had a dog like 10 yrs ago. Shes jerry by name.people ask me what breed was she but i never knw what they meant then.i can spend my last kobo on the dog.i wnt to abbattoir in abeokuta to get buscuit bone plus ashamo egun. I even buy calves seen in a cow.if you see jerry then,just exctly like gsd.very big and tall. Someone borrow it and ran away with it.it was after some yrs later i saw the guy but cldnt do anything for him.
Share a pix of Jerry
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by Nobody: 12:02am On Apr 08, 2017
I use prawns. I blend the body/ shell then cook it with rice then boiled egg.
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by Daddyoseoboh: 1:00am On Feb 07, 2019
redfigure:

Please what are the measurements.
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by Nobody: 3:09pm On Feb 08, 2019
I cook jollof rice together with Beef, cray,fish or chicken head and legs for my 2 dogs, a male gsd and a female Rott/gsd mix. They love it too, especially my rott/gsd bitch, she can't get enough of it.

I like feeding them rice because it does not make them shitt all this watery porage shitt, instead they shitt comes out solid and dry which makes it easy to sweep.

But I never feed them beans and spaghetti, even though they like it, because it makes them shitt alot and the shitt comes out wet like purage.
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by Nobody: 4:24pm On Feb 08, 2019
barcaboi:
my 9 weeks old puppy, Eve, likes sweet potato mixed wt fish....that's her best meal even though I've not fed her that because I've been lazy to go to the market....but since I work in a fish farm; I feed her noodle crumbs with fish and most times, noodle waste with fish gills and other internal organ which I have easy access to...infact noodle with fish gills or organs is very nutritive and she eats well.....The Caucasian I rescued from someone who had maltreated it has shown signs of improvement. ...
How was the former owner maltreating the Caucasian you rescued?
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by space9880: 11:44pm On Feb 08, 2019
mhd5757:
I cook jollof rice together with Beef, cray,fish or chicken head and legs for my 2 dogs, a male gsd and a female Rott/gsd mix. They love it too, especially my rott/gsd bitch, she can't get enough of it.

I like feeding them rice because it does not make them shitt all this watery porage shitt, instead they shitt comes out solid and dry which makes it easy to sweep.

But I never feed them beans and spaghetti, even though they like it, because it makes them shitt alot and the shitt comes out wet like purage.
lol
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by barcaboi(m): 1:51pm On Feb 09, 2019
mhd5757:

How was the former owner maltreating the Caucasian you rescued?
Not exactly by the owner but the person put in charge of him. Guess once u don't have time then a dog suffers; he's dead now and I can only say it was a big honour having him
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by areahints: 9:41am On Feb 10, 2019
Hello �! So palmoil is good for dogs right? Cos I can't find any evidence for or against it.
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by Bisinuola: 10:01pm On Feb 10, 2019
Please am tired I don't know what to feed my 4months gsd puppy again,,,, it only eats chicken, refuses all can food and has started to refuse indomie mixed with (Soya beans, maize, groundnut, fish meal)ut takes arion puppy and milk help��
Re: Share Your Home Made Recipes You Prepared For Your Dog by ebonyoyas(m): 2:30pm On Feb 12, 2019
Bisinuola:
Please am tired I don't know what to feed my 4months gsd puppy again,,,, it only eats chicken, refuses all can food and has started to refuse indomie mixed with (Soya beans, maize, groundnut, fish meal)ut takes arion puppy and milk help��
i once had a gsd like dat.. i starved him for a whole day and gave only water ,by the end of the 2nd day i introduced d rejected food ..he rushed the food without pausing ... From dat day till date.. he doesn't reject food ...dogs are very intelligent as far as u give alternatives Dey will keep forming for u..I hope dis help u out..peace !!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

13 Reasons Why It Is Important To Raise Kids Around Dogs. / Help, Both My Dogs Are Pregnant! / How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.