Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,262 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Update On Clara Chime. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Update On Clara Chime. (42396 Views)

The Case Of Clara Chime- Enugu First Lady / Nigerian Ladies! Lessons To Learn From Gov Chime's Wife's Situation. / My Wife Has Health Challenges –chime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Lakayanah: 3:27pm On Jul 31, 2014
Yet these are the rulers of our people. No wonder we have s crazy country.

3 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by dasparrow: 3:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
Chigold101: it is really a good move but the point she made about taking costudy of her son to me is laughable. She is igbo i beleive & she knows that children belong their father in igboland once that man met all the traditional rites. I am sure she was traditionaly married before going for a church wedding. She should not complicate her issue by going to claim a man‘s baby boy. I wish her well. Chime looks so gentle but i never knew that something funny is lucking inside that look.

It takes a man and a woman to make a baby, be that baby a boy or a girl. Spermatozoa alone does not make a baby so why should children belong to just the man? How about joint custody where both the father and mother of the child take care of him even though the parents are no longer together? Or is that too much to ask for? So what you are saying is that in Igbo land, women are just incubators? The day their marriages should fall apart, they loose their offspring to their estranged spouse all in the name of culture? I guess we learn everyday. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by tandj: 3:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
I remembered vividly when this story made headlines. People were accusing and hauling insults on that lady.

She survived a marital abuse and we should applaud her. Maybe some of us don't know what abuse is or we know but prefer suffering and smiling .

And I noticed one thing from d posts here.
Why d jealous comments?
R we this idle and enviuos?
When her story came out first, c jealous comments oozing out, now d same thing is happening.
Hmm..........I reject poverty of d mind and body,amen.

2 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by tuffgongjo(m): 3:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
aisha2:

Runs girl working with PTDF? She went to school, got good grades, got a masters, got a good job and was starting her life when she met him. Haba
all this doesn't stop a female from being one.

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by maestroferddi: 3:32pm On Jul 31, 2014
aisha2: Learned the hard way that people tend to Judge others by their own low standards.

She is a great lady, was in a bad situation and against all odds bravely left and is rebuilding her life.
Even women in worse situations stay and say "as long as he buys me rice and yams, give me me motor I will manage"
Seems you are trying your hands on a sort of romance thriller abi na girl power series. You don't need to try too hard as any discernible mind can easily put two and two together in this saga. We all know the psychology of most ladies so it is pointless selling this eulogy of Clara Chime. We all sympathise with the foul treatment meted to her by the hubby but nonetheless it is very evident that she pushed her opportunist luck too far. When you elect to become your schoolmate's step-mother at the drop of a hat, you should be circumspect enough to figure out that you are on a tiger ride. I am sure she is wiser for it now.

3 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 31, 2014
aisha2:

In summary: His first wife ran off years ago so far away that she didnt even come for her own sons wedding people are saying it was because of abuse.

He met Clara years later, married her stopped her from working, limited her interaction with people once her friends came and he got them arrested. Limited her contact with her family except her greedy brother who wanted contracts and endless flow of money.

She fell into depression they started sedating her, prevented her access to her son.

She sneaked out a letter a cry for help, Femi Falana got involved, Human rights too. He organized a Press Conference and asked her to denouce the issues she refused. Finally with intervention from security operatives and human rights she regained her freedom and is rebuilding her life

erm, we discussed this well on NL

the story floating around that she was a runs girl and the guy na randy bagger who needed to present a wife [family man things]

the guy continued chasing small girls after marrying her [apparently he's called chime 'picanto'. nack him and you get a kia picanto]

anyway, madam clara got pissed and started using the agents of the state to monitor chimes moves

apparently, clara was also some sort of former close friend to chime's daughter , and the family was not happy

they also say chime got clara's sister pregnant

a lot of messy stuff.

the summary i guess is runs babe jam manwhore - equation balance.

https://www.nairaland.com/1513362/case-clara-chime-enugu-first

5 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Kalvan: 3:35pm On Jul 31, 2014
Lol. Ibo people problems. Haha.
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
oyb:
the story floating around that she was a runs girl and the guy na randy bagger who needed to present a wife [family man things]
the guy continued chasing small girls after marrying her [apparently he's called chime 'picanto'. nack him and you get a kia picanto]
anyway, madam clara got pissed and started using the agents of the state to monitor chimes moves
apparently, clara was also some sort of former close friend to chime's daughter , and the family was not happy
a lot of messy stuff.

The nasty version people choose to believe as against the less glamourous truth

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by adconline(m): 3:44pm On Jul 31, 2014
aisha2:

In summary: His first wife ran off years ago so far away that she didnt even come for her own sons wedding people are saying it was because of abuse.

He met Clara years later, married her stopped her from working, limited her interaction with people once her friends came and he got them arrested. Limited her contact with her family except her greedy brother who wanted contracts and endless flow of money.

She fell into depression they started sedating her, prevented her access to her son.

She sneaked out a letter a cry for help, Femi Falana got involved, Human rights too. He organized a Press Conference and asked her to denouce the issues she refused. Finally with intervention from security operatives and human rights she regained her freedom and is rebuilding her life
You missed the part when she was Azonto/Runs Girls.. Not defending governor Chime.

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Unemadu: 3:44pm On Jul 31, 2014
Sloan:

Selective happiness: so you are happy the truth prevailed over power, giving this woman a choice but by the same token you and your people insist that Nigerians be yoked to this worse-than-Chime PDP and Jonabomb?? Chime only abused 1 woman, PDP and Jonadumb have organized and supervised the death of almost 20,000 in 5 years! But you are not crying because they are mostly from the north and middle belt!

If this was PSquare and Lola Omotayo, I bet you would be singing a different tunes, heaping all the blames on Lola right? Some of you have a contract with a cursed way of thinking and that is why you will always remain in bondage. To be clear, I am referring to ALL of YOU in that neck of the woods...and I don't have to be more explicit!

You have a dark soul.

2 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 31, 2014
adconline:
You missed the part when she was Azonto/Runs Girls.. Not defending governor Chime.

She was working with PTDF, how was she a runsgirl? Is it just better for you to believe that than to believe she was decent? Is our own standards so low that everyone has to be nasty and dirty when something happens to them?

2 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by tuffgongjo(m): 3:47pm On Jul 31, 2014
oyb:

a lot of messy stuff.

2 divide 4,equation balance.

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
http://www.imostateblog.com/2012/03/18/what-you-may-not-know-about-some-governors-wives/

A graduate of Marketing from the Abia State University, Uturu, Clara, 32, was born in Isiochi, Abia State, but grew up in Katsina State. Apparently, her northern Nigeria background must have informed her rather reserved nature and dressing style.
“She is a very pretty, elegant lady, but not ostentatious in any way,” said a close confidant of hers. “She likes dressing in shawl.” More so, Clara, just like some other women, can be said to be “addicted” to jewelry, which she wears with passion. “Her Excellency wears traditional clothes, but she loves jewelry. She buys gold, and she doesn’t joke with it.”
Perhaps, because of her disdain for politics, a habit she reportedly developed long before she met her husband, Clara keeps a distance from governance.
“Governance is a no-go area for her and that’s the way her husband made it. He doesn’t want her to come near governance at all. In fact, the governor draws a line for her, a line she must never cross, and she sticks to that,” according to an insider at the Government House, Enugu.
“Clara is not really influential in the government and she likes it that way. She is just supportive of her husband, and can be commanding, but not to her husband (in the home front) when she is really angry,” the insider added.
Unlike some of her contemporaries who travel overseas frequently to do their shopping, Clara does not travel outside Nigeria except when “it is absolutely necessary.” Since she became First Lady in 2008, she has not traveled outside Nigeria more than four times. “She traveled abroad when she was about giving birth to her child, a baby boy, and a few more times,” disclosed the insider. “ Most times, she orders things and they bring them to her in the house.”

this is from before all the gragra with chime started

going by this, she married him when she was 28

the guy is 55 now - which makes him 49 when he married her in 2008

note that the link was hyping her. it said nothing about a master's degree. didn't even say anything about ptdf

more to the point

http://therainbow.com.ng/tabloid/presidency-gives-nafdac-job-to-clara-chime-estranged-wife-of-gov-chime/

would you say she earned that job? so who is to say she earned the ptdf job?

maybe its a smear job from chime, i don't really think so

chime's reputation as a dog has been in the press for far too long for her not to have known exactly what she was walking into

in this naija, imho, when you see some rich dude marrying a chick young enough to be his daughter, it simply means he's been erm totowhipped by his runschick

just sayin'

3 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by myspnigeria: 3:52pm On Jul 31, 2014
Happy for her
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by bigbumper(f): 3:52pm On Jul 31, 2014
aisha2:

Am sure even if Chimes Daughter herself came here to say this is not true we will still say na lie, we have already painted and held fast a picture of what we want to believe. A bad version seems better for us to believe.

That was what happened. You are the one with the rose tinted goggles trying to turn the story to a "hear ye all women, you can an abusive man and still be successful" ish. That propaganda does not befit this story at all.

2 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by touchmeder: 3:52pm On Jul 31, 2014
Its all good, she is lucky she got all this help @ d end of d day cos most women dont. Goodluck to her but another woman go soon enter that house. She must have heard things about the 1st wife but she either ignored it or pretended and dived inside husband house.

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by englishmart(m): 3:53pm On Jul 31, 2014
I still find it pretty difficult to decipher the reason behind these repellent treatments Mr chime gave to my sister!

Any help?
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 31, 2014
oyb: http://www.imostateblog.com/2012/03/18/what-you-may-not-know-about-some-governors-wives/
note that the link was hyping her. it said nothing about a master's degree. didn't even say anything about ptdf
more to the point
http://therainbow.com.ng/tabloid/presidency-gives-nafdac-job-to-clara-chime-estranged-wife-of-gov-chime/
chime's reputation as a dog has been in the press for far too long for her not to have known exactly what she was walking into

My friend married a widower, she is 30 he is 50 does that make her a runs girl?

Women marry older men, he wasnt married when they met and married.

When did his reputation come out? Wasnt it after he married her and she started shouting out?
The first wife simply and quietly disappeared without noise. Please trace 1 of Claras friends or classmates who will tell you something negative about her.

People have been going round concocting stories over someone they dont know, not one person who have known her right from secondary school have come out to colloborate the rumours yet to make yourself feel better you will add and add up stories to justify something that doesnt exist

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 31, 2014
bigbumper:
That was what happened. You are the one with the rose tinted goggles trying to turn the story to a "hear ye all women, you can an abusive man and still be successful" ish. That propaganda does not befit this story at all.

Am sure you have evidence apart from "them say" to back your claims.

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by lucianohase(m): 3:58pm On Jul 31, 2014
cococandy: That's great news for her.

Just that someone else will hurriedly jump into her shoes now. undecided
since the person still see all that glitter as gold.
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by tuffgongjo(m): 4:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
aisha2:

She was working with PTDF, how was she a runsgirl? Is it just better for you to believe that than to believe she was decent? Is our own standards so low that everyone has to be nasty and dirty when something happens to them?

working with Obama doesn't mean a gal won't be a runs gal,I think you either benefiting from her,not living in naija or living in denials,but I A̶̲̥̅♏ not supporting Picanto chime also.

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 31, 2014
aisha2:

When did his reputation come out? Wasnt it after he married her and she started shouting out?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sullivan_Chime

the man has been big in enugu since 2001. you think he started manwhoring in 2011?

My friend married a widower, she is 30 he is 50 does that make her a runs girl?

in this naija, imho, when you see some rich womaniser marrying a chick young enough to be his daughter, it simply means he's been erm totowhipped by his runs chick

just sayin'

Please trace 1 of Claras friends or classmates who will tell you something negative about her.

where were all these friends when the 'smear campaign' was on? even her family kept quiet. there are enough blogs that would have published open letters 'in defence of my friend clara chime'

i admire and respect your dedication to protection of threatened women and children , but i don't think this is a case of that nature.

4 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Uchwilliam(m): 4:02pm On Jul 31, 2014
Any time i see dis enugu governor i remember my ex evil boss..there is sth i see in dis governor dat is makes me shiver he is lik a time bomb..i think he has a super bad temper.

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by bigbumper(f): 4:04pm On Jul 31, 2014
aisha2: Learned the hard way that people tend to Judge others by their own low standards.

What is it with the vitrioilic comment undecided What are you getting salty for

Like someone opined earlier, she is no role model for your girl power campaign. End of.

freshdude2: E maa binu na. It's just I don't believe in things like that. If he said so, he needs his head examined. Perhaps, she infected him with mental illness, or is it vice versa?!
Still, I take all such stories with a pinch of salt. Chime might be an asss but I'm not sure I'd call Clara a saint.

Lack of believe in a thing does not make it unreal.

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 31, 2014
oyb:
the man has been big in enugu since 2001. you think he started manwhoring in 2011?
in this naija, imho, when you see some rich womaniser marrying a chick young enough to be his daughter, it simply means he's been erm totowhipped by his runs chick
just sayin'
where were all these friends when the 'smear campaign' was on? even her family kept quiet. there are enough blogs that would have published open letters 'in defence of my friend clara chime'
i admire and respect your dedication to protection of threatened women and children , but i don't think this is a case of that nature.

Those friends were busy engaging a lawyer, writing petitions to SSS and the National Human Rights commission to secure her release.
Those friends got it on blogs, when rumour mongers decide to take and twist it is beyond anyones control.

I dont even bother anymore because when it comes to your end you will understand.

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 31, 2014
oyb:
just sayin'

Thats how YOUR own mind works and you are entitled to it. Calling some one a runs girl simply because of your sterotype with no evidence that she is one is your choice.

The day rumour mongers get on your case make God raise defenders for you. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by bigbumper(f): 4:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
maestroferddi: I am surprised people seem to be absolving this Chime of a bloke. A state governor that could not observe basic continence. So his mandate in Enugu was to be a serial philanderer/orgy-maker. Never knew that this dude that looks so urbane and cultured is this irresponsible. *Tufiakwa!*

Gosh, so with all the big big grammar you are throwing around, your brain cannot connect the dot that my solely focusing on Clara does not mean I support Governor Chime's philandering ways and the way he spent money meant for the people in Enugu on prostitutes, smh

agitator:

Your head dey for your shoulder. No mind people wey want put pepper, salt and maggi for wetin everybody know. Abi no be the same 9ja again? wetin be masters degree and PTDF job? Even commissioners, and big men daughters dey into runs.

some people like to hide the truth to protect themselves, but na only themself them dey deceive. tongue tongue tongue

Don't mind them acting like ostriches with their heads in the sand, pretending as if they don't know whats up grin

2 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by cococandy(f): 4:14pm On Jul 31, 2014
I know a 27 year old girl married to 55 year old man(widower)
and they didn't meet through wh0ring.

He expressed his desire to marry.set out on a search and married this girl based on recommendation from one of his relatives who knew her to be a good girl.

I'm not saying the age gap is appropriate
Neither can I say I'm certain why she agreed to marry him.

I just find it ridiculous that many folks believe this clara lady was a wh0re.

If you don't know her personally,as in if she's not your sister or friend,then don't say such negative things based on heresay.

Most guys condemning her are butt hurt because they feel the old guys with money get the young girls
While the ladies are plain jealous she had the life they desired and now can't hide their glee that she's fallen.

I didn't know her,so I can't make any comment about her wh0rish life or lack of it.
The important thing is that she survived and abandonded an abusive marriage.which is what the topic is about.

oyb: http://www.imostateblog.com/2012/03/18/what-you-may-not-know-about-some-governors-wives/

more to the point

in this naija, imho, when you see some rich dude marrying a chick young enough to be his daughter, it simply means he's been erm totowhipped by his runschick

just sayin'

2 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 31, 2014
tuffgongjo: working with Obama doesn't mean a gal won't be a runs gal,I think you either benefiting from her,not living in naija or living in denials,but I A̶̲̥̅♏ not supporting Picanto chime also.

On the contrary, I know her from a distance for a LOnnnnngggg time. However I have had someone so close to me dragged through the mud and so maligned even when the criminals confessed people ignored their confessions and stuck with the "Runs Girl" story not minding evidence to the contrary. Its just sad how we just choose to believe the worst about others without bothering to dig deeper, someone starts a rumour we all jump in and spread it, how is it different from those who shout "Theif" and we all gather to burn the person with tyre without even finding out if its true.
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 4:18pm On Jul 31, 2014
aisha2: It seems Governor Clara Chimes Wife has moved on and Judging from his recent fight with his deputy he likes to be a bit of a bully. I just saw the issue with his deputy and googled his now ex wife :Ezeobi

Estranged wife of Enugu State Governor, Mrs. Clara Chime, Saturday said she went through emotional and mental torture during her period of incarceration, although her current physical state belied that assertion.
Chime, who made the disclosure in an interview with THISDAY in Lagos, also stressed that she had no mental problem as earlier claimed by her husband, Governor Sullivan Chime.

She said after her release from incarceration in Enugu, she had flown to the United Kingdom to run extensive medical tests and her condition was diagnosed as reactive depression, not mental disorder.
She also said in her five years of marriage, she had on four different occasions planned to escape but was caught and brought back to her apartment in the government house.
She said, “Before I cried out for help, I was only suffering from a case of depression which I got from my stay with him in the government house but he made people believe I had mental problems.

“During the press briefing he called after human rights commission and my lawyer, Femi Falana, came to my rescue, I didn’t answer the questions of journalists because I didn’t know about it.
“When I got married to him in 2008, never at any time did I envisage that this kind of ordeal would happen to me. I was then working with Petroleum Development Trust Fund (PDTF).
“He made me stop work and the mental torture started after our marriage. Once he married me, he changed and the mental torture started gradually until it came with force. My situation was a case of domestic violence. It was horrible and terrifying”, she revealed.
Chime who said her incarceration started when she flouted the alleged ban of her friends from the government house, said the governor allegedly got her and her friend arrested.

On her several attempts to escape she said, “Several times, I tried to escape the government house but there was no way as they always caught and brought me back. So this last time, a friend helped me contact Falana and he came to my rescue because my husband had restricted my movement as well as banned my family and friends from seeing me. My friends started coming to see me about three years ago because he claimed they were diabolical like me. He accused me of so many things but I wish him well.”

She however said at no time during her depression did she try to commit suicide although she was fed up with her situation, adding that all she wants now is to start life afresh.
She said, “I wish him well in all his endeavours but we have started the process to get custody of my son after which I would start my life afresh. I would also work on myself now because I have added tremendously and it was because of the drugs they were giving me, which according to the doctor in UK was the wrong prescription.”

Ruling out any chances of reconciliation, she said although she was separated from her husband, she would begin divorce proceedings after the two years interval as stipulated by the law elapses. While thanking Nigerians, the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Abubakar, and the Director General, State Security Services, Ita Ekpeyong, the first lady said it was pertinent to reiterate the excellent state of her mental health.

Tags: News, Nigeria, Featured, Mental Problem

Kudos to all who helped her regain her freedom. Truth never hides, best wishes to his deputy Governor
What
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by tuffgongjo(m): 4:18pm On Jul 31, 2014
aisha2:

On the contrary, I know her from a distance for a LOnnnnngggg time. However I have had someone so close to me dragged through the mud and so maligned even when the criminals confessed people ignored their confessions and stuck with the "Runs Girl" story not minding evidence to the contrary. Its just sad how we just choose to believe the worst about others without bothering to dig deeper, someone starts a rumour we all jump in and spread it, how is it different from those who shout "Theif" and we all gather to burn the person with tyre without even finding out if its true.
my point is don't think working with pdtf$having a masters degree is enough to make someone a no runs gal.

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by cococandy(f): 4:21pm On Jul 31, 2014
I think calling someone you didn't personally know a prost.itute is more vitriolic.

And even if that were true,how does it subtract from the subject of the thread which is that abused women should find strength to leave such marriages.

bigbumper:

What is it with the vitrioilic comment undecided What are you getting salty for

Like someone opined earlier, she is no role model for your girl power campaign. End of.

Lack of believe in a thing does not make it unreal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent / My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis / Adorable Photos Of A Nigerian Father Blow Drying His Daughter’s Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.