Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,052 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Update On Clara Chime. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Update On Clara Chime. (42395 Views)

The Case Of Clara Chime- Enugu First Lady / Nigerian Ladies! Lessons To Learn From Gov Chime's Wife's Situation. / My Wife Has Health Challenges –chime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 31, 2014
It seems Governor Clara Chimes Wife has moved on and Judging from his recent fight with his deputy he likes to be a bit of a bully. I just saw the issue with his deputy and googled his now ex wife :Ezeobi

Estranged wife of Enugu State Governor, Mrs. Clara Chime, Saturday said she went through emotional and mental torture during her period of incarceration, although her current physical state belied that assertion.
Chime, who made the disclosure in an interview with THISDAY in Lagos, also stressed that she had no mental problem as earlier claimed by her husband, Governor Sullivan Chime.

She said after her release from incarceration in Enugu, she had flown to the United Kingdom to run extensive medical tests and her condition was diagnosed as reactive depression, not mental disorder.
She also said in her five years of marriage, she had on four different occasions planned to escape but was caught and brought back to her apartment in the government house.
She said, “Before I cried out for help, I was only suffering from a case of depression which I got from my stay with him in the government house but he made people believe I had mental problems.

“During the press briefing he called after human rights commission and my lawyer, Femi Falana, came to my rescue, I didn’t answer the questions of journalists because I didn’t know about it.
“When I got married to him in 2008, never at any time did I envisage that this kind of ordeal would happen to me. I was then working with Petroleum Development Trust Fund (PDTF).
“He made me stop work and the mental torture started after our marriage. Once he married me, he changed and the mental torture started gradually until it came with force. My situation was a case of domestic violence. It was horrible and terrifying”, she revealed.
Chime who said her incarceration started when she flouted the alleged ban of her friends from the government house, said the governor allegedly got her and her friend arrested.

On her several attempts to escape she said, “Several times, I tried to escape the government house but there was no way as they always caught and brought me back. So this last time, a friend helped me contact Falana and he came to my rescue because my husband had restricted my movement as well as banned my family and friends from seeing me. My friends started coming to see me about three years ago because he claimed they were diabolical like me. He accused me of so many things but I wish him well.”

She however said at no time during her depression did she try to commit suicide although she was fed up with her situation, adding that all she wants now is to start life afresh.
She said, “I wish him well in all his endeavours but we have started the process to get custody of my son after which I would start my life afresh. I would also work on myself now because I have added tremendously and it was because of the drugs they were giving me, which according to the doctor in UK was the wrong prescription.”

Ruling out any chances of reconciliation, she said although she was separated from her husband, she would begin divorce proceedings after the two years interval as stipulated by the law elapses. While thanking Nigerians, the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Abubakar, and the Director General, State Security Services, Ita Ekpeyong, the first lady said it was pertinent to reiterate the excellent state of her mental health.

Tags: News, Nigeria, Featured, Mental Problem

Kudos to all who helped her regain her freedom. Truth never hides, best wishes to his deputy Governor

13 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 31, 2014
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 31, 2014
More grin grin so happy for her: Presidency has provided succor for Mrs. Clara Chime, the estranged wife of Enugu State Governor, Sullivan Chime,  with a juicy job at the National Agency for Food, Drugs Administration and Control (NAFDAC), THE RAINBOW has learnt.

Mrs. Chime who was in the news late last year over allegations of forceful incarceration by her husband at the Enugu Government House,  now works with NAFDAC, said a presidency source.

According to the source, the job was arranged for former Enugu State First Lady through the intervention of Mrs. Patience Jonathan.

The source told our correspondent that the Mrs. Chime was offered accommodation and a car as part of the conditions of service in her new job.

When The Rainbow contacted NAFDAC’s Deputy Director, Public Relations, at the agency, Mr. Abubakar Jimoh, he picked the call and dropped.

The text message sent to his phone was no responded to, but THE  RAINBOW confirmed the development from a NAFDAC source who would not be named because he was not authorized to speak for the agency.

Governor Chime, it will be recalled, admitted restricting her within the government house in Enugu over her health conditions.

Mrs Chime later denied the assertion, stressing she had no mental problem as earlier claimed by her husband, Governor Sullivan Chime.

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by corisande: 10:48am On Jul 31, 2014
moving on
Good for her
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by cococandy(f): 11:02am On Jul 31, 2014
That's great news for her.

Just that someone else will hurriedly jump into her shoes now. undecided

13 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by bennyrazz: 11:09am On Jul 31, 2014
In no time now, the Governor would soon leave office
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 31, 2014
cococandy: That's great news for her.
Just that someone else will hurridely jump into her shoes now. undecided

Thats their business at least with Clara she didnt know, first wife ran away without fuss, but Clara met him 3 years later and married him thankfully she was bold enough to disregard stigma and shout it loud and out regardless of his power and influence.
Any woman who goes and enter will not say she didnt know.

I am happy for her because she dymysitifes the spheres of his power, if she could be bold and strong enough to walk away and stand firm to such a controling man then any woman going through same can do it.

14 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by MizMyColi(f): 11:15am On Jul 31, 2014
errmm, hope it's in order to ask: "What really happened between them?" I know the news trended back then but, for some reason, I was indifferent.
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by crackhaus: 11:19am On Jul 31, 2014
Indeed, money (even ghana-must-go government money) cannot buy happiness and satisfaction.

18 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 31, 2014
MizMyColi: errmm, hope it's in order to ask: "What really happened between them?" I know the news trended back then but, for some reason, I was indifferent.
MizMyColi: errmm, hope it's in order to ask: "What really happened between them?" I know the news trended back then but, for some reason, I was indifferent.

In summary: His first wife ran off years ago so far away that she didnt even come for her own sons wedding people are saying it was because of abuse.

He met Clara years later, married her stopped her from working, limited her interaction with people once her friends came and he got them arrested. Limited her contact with her family except her greedy brother who wanted contracts and endless flow of money.

She fell into depression they started sedating her, prevented her access to her son.

She sneaked out a letter a cry for help, Femi Falana got involved, Human rights too. He organized a Press Conference and asked her to denouce the issues she refused. Finally with intervention from security operatives and human rights she regained her freedom and is rebuilding her life

10 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by MizMyColi(f): 11:30am On Jul 31, 2014
aisha2:

In summary: His first wife ran off years ago so far away that she didnt even come for her own sons wedding people are saying it was because of abuse.

He met Clara years later, married her stopped her from working, limited her interaction with people once her friends came and he got them arrested. Limited her contact with her family except her greedy brother who wanted contracts and endless flow of money.

She fell into depression they started sedating her, prevented her access to her son.

She sneaked out a letter a cry for help, Femi Falana got involved, Human rights too. He organized a Press Conference and asked her to denouce the issues she refused. Finally with intervention from security operatives and human rights she regained her freedom and is rebuilding her life
Oh my!! The anguish she must have gone through! .

I'm glad she's picking up the pieces, here's wishing her speedy recovery of all.

3 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by cococandy(f): 12:10pm On Jul 31, 2014
aisha2:

I am happy for her because she dymysitifes the spheres of his power, if she could be bold and strong enough to walk away and stand firm to such a controling man then any woman going through same can do it.
yea. If she could leave him with all his incumbency and grand powers. I don't think any abused woman has an excuse

15 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by pickabeau1: 12:18pm On Jul 31, 2014

According to the source, the job was arranged for former Enugu State First Lady through the intervention of Mrs. Patience Jonathan.

The source told our correspondent that the Mrs. Chime was offered accommodation and a car as part of the conditions of service in her new job.

When The Rainbow contacted NAFDAC’s Deputy Director, Public Relations, at the agency, Mr. Abubakar Jimoh, he picked the call and dropped.

The text message sent to his phone was no responded to, but THE  RAINBOW confirmed the development from a NAFDAC source who would not be named because he was not authorized to speak for the agency.

Good for her.. i hope she is qualified for the post she is holding

12 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 31, 2014
cococandy: yea. If she could leave him with all his incumbency and grand powers. I don't think any abused woman has an excuse

Plus she was sedated constantly in her own case, he even got her arrested once for trying to flee.
So all those with full freedom shouting "I cant leave" no get excuse lol

3 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 31, 2014
pickabeau1:
Good for her.. i hope she is qualified for the post she is holding

I think she is a lawyer and as she said she was working with PTDF when they met so I guess she is qualified.

2 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by pickabeau1: 12:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
aisha2:

I think she is a lawyer and as she said she was working with PTDF when they met so I guess she is qualified.

While i appreciate the sentiments on her rehabilitiation out of an abusive relationship, i believe a proper framework and support structure for victims of domestic abuse will be more beneficial as she is a former first lady and not a typical abuse victim

This job may even be arranged by her estranged husband.

If Nigeria, we all know there are more to things than we see

6 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
pickabeau1:
While i appreciate the sentiments on her rehabilitiation out of an abusive relationship, i believe a proper framework and support structure for victims of domestic abuse will be more beneficial as she is a former first lady and not a typical abuse victim
This job may even be arranged by her estranged husband.
If Nigeria, we all know there are more to things than we see

A man who stopped her from working, isolated her from others, termed her mad, drugged her will turn around and get her a job.

And does it mean that a woman cannot achieve anything on her own?

Anyway, I am happy for her and wont be drawn into any back and forth on this. It is not everything one must seek to down on jare.

She faced hell, accusations, insults and power and has moved on. Thats my news, and am happy for her. Kalas

19 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by pickabeau1: 12:43pm On Jul 31, 2014
aisha2:
Anyway, I am happy for her and wont be drawn into any back and forth on this. It is not everything one must seek to down on jare.

I am not seeking to down anything. there is no back and forth

Read what i said

She is an exception because this job was arranged by Dame Jonathan. How many people have that kind of access

The message should be that we need to instititionalise rehabilitation for victims of domestic abuse so that it is not only those who are connected who can recover

Everything on NL does not have to be adversarial.Quoting your post does not mean i am downing on it..

Kalas (whatever it means)

21 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 31, 2014
Kudos to her.

2 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 31, 2014
Wow. I'm sooo happy for her. Good news. Women should never limit themselves and must always take charge of their lives. She is indeed a courageous woman. Women, run away from all appearances of evil o. Abusive marriages are evil.

13 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by tonychristopher: 1:59pm On Jul 31, 2014
so people will be commenting on other peoples private and marital life

gossips

2 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by CharlieMaria(m): 1:59pm On Jul 31, 2014
Ok . Next
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by 0rlando0woh: 2:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
Has she gotten her shape back?

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by shadowwalker101: 2:04pm On Jul 31, 2014
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
ok I have seen the update now what?
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Shedysworld(m): 2:05pm On Jul 31, 2014
Better, God will give her grace to move forward.
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by rutibaby(f): 2:06pm On Jul 31, 2014
meditating !!!!
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Descartes: 2:06pm On Jul 31, 2014
Nigerian women suffering from domestic violence since 500 BC tongue

2 Likes

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by rattlesnake(m): 2:08pm On Jul 31, 2014
Irrelevant.....next please

1 Like

Re: Update On Clara Chime. by Swagavillage(m): 2:08pm On Jul 31, 2014
ok
Re: Update On Clara Chime. by GovWahala: 2:10pm On Jul 31, 2014
Chime must be a beast, if he actually put his wife through all this.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Parents Move In To My Ongoing New House Without My Consent / My Sister Is Spending Money On Her Boyfriend In School. Worried About My Sis / Adorable Photos Of A Nigerian Father Blow Drying His Daughter’s Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.