Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,333 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

APGA Chairman Tackles Gov Okorocha Over $2m Bribery allegation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APGA Chairman Tackles Gov Okorocha Over $2m Bribery allegation (913 Views)

Buhari Anti-corruption War Is Not Selective-Victor Umeh Former APGA Chairman / Ihedioha Blasts Okorocha Over N600m Christmas And New Year Decorations / Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APGA Chairman Tackles Gov Okorocha Over $2m Bribery allegation by chibecanglobal(m): 7:24am On Aug 01, 2014
UMUAHIA — CHIEF Victor Umeh,
National Chairman of All Progressives
Grand Alliance, APGA, has denied
receiving $2 million from Imo State
governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha,
for the latter to be accepted back to
the party.
Umeh, who spoke shortly after
commissioning Abia State office of
the party, said he was not a
politician to be purchased with
money, noting that Governor
Okorocha had been swallowed by his
misadventure of leaving APGA in the
first place.
He alleged that the governor had
been sending emissaries to him to
be allowed back to the party, a
request he said was not possible.
Speaking on the $2 million bribery
allegation, Umeh said: “Such things
cannot be touted with my name any
more. I have proved myself in
Nigerian politics as somebody who
can’t be purchased by anybody, no
matter how much money you have.
“I am so focused and concerned on
the affairs of this party and Igbo
people and if you want to achieve
that, you will not allow money to
influence you.
“All the people who had contested
elections in the party, nobody can
say he bribed me. I don’t behave
like that.
“As for Okorocha, he has been
swallowed by his misadventure and
it is normal that he will be saying
anything. Of course, he has been
sending people to me that he will
like to return, but you see him
quickly refuting it.
“I said no, you did not behave well,
we can’t entrust him with APGA
again to do anything.
“If Imo people want him, it should
be through APGA. I am very certain
that they have rejected him, that is
why he is running back to APGA to
see if he can clean himself up. Let
him stay.
“We have capable people that can
rescue Imo State. He said he is on a
rescue mission, but rather he
imprisoned Imo State. We have
capable people in Imo who will
rescue Imo people, people with true
Igbo spirit that is lacking in him.
“He is not somebody you can
describe as a proud Igbo man. I
know what we did to give Imo
people governor through APGA so
that Imo State will help Anambra
State to get the rest of South East
together for the good of our people.”
“After that strenuous effort, he threw
it away and joined foreigners. So
what are we going to do with him
again? If you are in my position as
chairman of APGA, what will you do,
nothing.
“We are making very serious effort to
win the election, and I am sure that
we are going to win. We will win
back Imo State and we shall hold
him accountable for his misdeeds.”
www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/apga-chairman-tackles-gov-okorocha-2m-bribery-allegation/

1 Like

Re: APGA Chairman Tackles Gov Okorocha Over $2m Bribery allegation by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 01, 2014
Another Rochas bashing thread. Gwanu, let the party begin.
Re: APGA Chairman Tackles Gov Okorocha Over $2m Bribery allegation by cyril83(m): 7:41am On Aug 01, 2014
When did Nigerians become foreigners in their home country ?

Ojukwu shallow legacy will glow in the hearts of igbo people forever.

1 Like

Re: APGA Chairman Tackles Gov Okorocha Over $2m Bribery allegation by size38: 7:51am On Aug 01, 2014
Cheap propaganda by Umeh. Rochas was in APGA, then defected to APC. Chief Umeh and APGA took him to court for abandoning a party that brought him to power by asking the court to declare his defection illegal and maybe possibly lose his seat. So now my question is this; if Rochas wants to go back to APGA, does he need to bribe chief Umeh for acceptance? The answer is NO. because chief and APGA will be happy to have him Rochas, back in their fold. So this news is not just true.

1 Like

Re: APGA Chairman Tackles Gov Okorocha Over $2m Bribery allegation by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 01, 2014
size38: Cheap propaganda by Umeh. Rochas was in APGA, then defected to APC. Chief Umeh and APGA took him to court for abandoning a party that brought him to power by asking the court to declare his defection illegal and maybe possibly lose his seat. So now my question is this; if Rochas wants to go back to APGA, does he need to bribe chief Umeh for acceptance? The answer is NO. because chief and APGA will be happy to have him Rochas, back in their fold. So this news is not just true.
I wonder o!
Re: APGA Chairman Tackles Gov Okorocha Over $2m Bribery allegation by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 01, 2014
If voting for Okorocha in 2011 was a
mistake,that
is if indeed it was a mistake,may we make
the
same mistake again come 2015.
Re: APGA Chairman Tackles Gov Okorocha Over $2m Bribery allegation by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 01, 2014
don't vote party, vote individuals... let's make
Nigeria a better place. please, as we go for
election, put party affiliation or sympathy,
religion and tribe aside, ROCHAS 2015

2 Likes

Re: APGA Chairman Tackles Gov Okorocha Over $2m Bribery allegation by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 01, 2014
Governor Rochas Okorocha best governor eva
liveth. Wat a hard working man........Rochas till 2019

1 Like

Re: APGA Chairman Tackles Gov Okorocha Over $2m Bribery allegation by cyril83(m): 8:07am On Aug 01, 2014
profjustine458: don't vote party, vote individuals... let's make
Nigeria a better place. please, as we go for
election, put party affiliation or sympathy,
religion and tribe aside, ROCHAS 2015

Warmly welcomed and good advice to Pdp sympathizers who see development as a curse and embrace thieves as their saviour.
Re: APGA Chairman Tackles Gov Okorocha Over $2m Bribery allegation by Descartes: 8:17am On Aug 01, 2014
Okorocha and APGA again
Mtcheew

Re: APGA Chairman Tackles Gov Okorocha Over $2m Bribery allegation by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 01, 2014
Alhaji Rochas must go
Re: APGA Chairman Tackles Gov Okorocha Over $2m Bribery allegation by Energito11: 8:38am On Aug 01, 2014
Must you be everywhere?
Descartes: Okorocha and APGA again
Mtcheew
Re: APGA Chairman Tackles Gov Okorocha Over $2m Bribery allegation by chibecanglobal(m): 8:56am On Aug 01, 2014
Energito11: Must you be everywhere?
Politicians deceiving Nigerians since 1960
Re: APGA Chairman Tackles Gov Okorocha Over $2m Bribery allegation by obayaya(m): 11:23am On Aug 01, 2014
size38: Cheap propaganda by Umeh. Rochas was in APGA, then defected to APC. Chief Umeh and APGA took him to court for abandoning a party that brought him to power by asking the court to declare his defection illegal and maybe possibly lose his seat. So now my question is this; if Rochas wants to go back to APGA, does he need to bribe chief Umeh for acceptance? The answer is NO. because chief and APGA will be happy to have him Rochas, back in their fold. So this news is not just true.

Bros!!!

You don't understand this game!!! Taking him to court is APGA trying to keep power of incumbency within the party. Doesn't mean APGA needs Rochas

The leader of APGA is Chief Martin Agbaso!!!!

And Mark my words, APGA can never accept Rochas back!!! for the sake of their credibility and goodwill amongst the people

(1) (Reply)

What Happened To The Thread On Kings College Admission List For 2014/2015? / Nigeria Minister Disgraced In New York Watch And See At United State Of Americ / 32 Year Old Man With Hiv-positive Rapes Lover's 2 Daughters Aged Eight And Six

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.