Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) (17180 Views)

My Experience Of "Half Of A Yellow Sun" At The Cinema / Genevieve Nnaji's Scenes Cut Out Of Half Of A Yellow Sun / Nigerians Are Cowards (Half Of A Yellow Sun Casting) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 01, 2014
The movie is cool.
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by faceve: 10:05pm On Aug 01, 2014
Am happy dat we nigerians are coming up with positive result
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by cococandy(f): 10:07pm On Aug 01, 2014
cool smiley smiley smiley kiss
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by hrykanu231(m): 10:17pm On Aug 01, 2014
Nice movie, but there's always room for improvement
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by rane06(f): 10:37pm On Aug 01, 2014
Yea i saw the movie this evening. Interesting
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by Donkaz(m): 11:00pm On Aug 01, 2014
ebola4u:
Even if you know that's what you're gonna do, need you come here to express your corrupt intention? Yes you must because we need f00ls like you who fuels piracy in Nigeria to make yourself known. You are happy to make our film makers unable to eat from the fruits of their labour. May the Ebola strain that doesn't infect others except you and people like you who directly and indirectly support piracy in Nigeria afflict you all.
what is this one saying??

You f0ol!

Common face your front and stop quoting me unnecessarily.

Go and tell dah sh1t to your father! When he stops making pirated copies, i wont see it in the market to buy.

See am...pretender!
Go hin house now you go see piles of pirated films everywhere
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by UniqueGem(m): 11:12pm On Aug 01, 2014
Pls Guyz; is Any Cinema showing dis on sunday?
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by kechywillz(m): 11:49pm On Aug 01, 2014
hw much for the original movie,i wanna purchase it,i got no time to go cinema to pay for pop corn n watch it only gor N500
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 02, 2014
The novel wasn't all that. I still prefer 'Purple Hibiscus' to it. undecided

1 Like

Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by mamagee3(f): 2:09am On Aug 02, 2014
Can't wait to see the movie...
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by sonymerlot: 2:10am On Aug 02, 2014
Nice movie.....just got it from Family video for about $3 for a night smiley

Chiwetel na correct Igbo Boy grin....see the thick and original igbotic accent wink

1 Like

Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by mamagee3(f): 2:20am On Aug 02, 2014
Can't wait to see this movie
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by tenagra(f): 2:46am On Aug 02, 2014
Wow! Been waiting for a time like dis
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 02, 2014
spartanian: watching it tomorrow in Lagos.

Which of the cinema's are they showing it in Lagos today? What time?
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by Tobtex(m): 8:31am On Aug 02, 2014
undecidedBut can't lie to myself o. I've seen this movie earlier this year. The high quality graphics dey my laptop self. LoL... I can say more than 500 people on my campus have it. LoL ;DBut can't lie to myself o. I've seen this movie earlier this year. The high quality graphics dey my laptop self. LoL... I can say more than 500 people on my campus have it. LoL
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by spartanian(m): 8:40am On Aug 02, 2014
nawaooo:

Which of the cinema's are they showing it in Lagos today? What time?
Guessing all of them will show it
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by warrikid(m): 8:42am On Aug 02, 2014
My ist naija movie @ d silverbird cinema(shoprite,ikeja) ystday. Didn't even knw it was premiering same ystday. It was well worth my time n token. Nice one from d producers.
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by caniva(m): 10:40am On Aug 02, 2014
Donkaz: what is this one saying??

You f0ol!

Common face your front and stop quoting me unnecessarily.

Go and tell dah sh1t to your father! When he stops making pirated copies, i wont see it in the market to buy.

See am...pretender!
Go hin house now you go see piles of pirated films everywhere

Donkaz: take am easy Ooo. I think some people are just pocket unwise & prefare paying exorbitantly for what they can as well pay less for the same purpose.

As for me, am not looking for any ABA pirated copy. All I need is a Torrent site to download from. Afterall, MB is not free, I subscribed for it with my hard earned money.

The last film I downloaded was 'Captain Phillips' and was very interesting no doubt.

Peace & no be fight.
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 02, 2014
caniva:

Donkaz: take am easy Ooo. I think some people are just pocket unwise & prefare paying exorbitantly for what they can as well pay less for the same purpose.

As for me, am not looking for any ABA pirated copy. All I need is a Torrent site to download from. Afterall, MB is not free, I subscribed for it with my hard earned money.

The last film I downloaded was 'Captain Phillips' and was very interesting no doubt.

Peace & no be fight.

Can u help me download "Entourage" season 8 and 9, pls! I go drop some rabba
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by Bobbyjay001(m): 12:18pm On Aug 02, 2014
Sorry pee7. Thought i read the novel.
About a war-ravaged town that centered on a man who was imprisoned or so and left his wife and his son at home.
So,there's a rich man who had interest in d woman and sent his handicapped cousin to her to gv r food and cloths.
Along the way,the rich man had no canal knowledge of d woman despite hs kind gestures and humilties bt d handicapped cousin did by cheer luck.
Pls,is this novel i summarized above? If yes,it worths it being converted to a film.
I had a "hard on" while reading it. Lolz
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by informat101(f): 12:32pm On Aug 02, 2014
I guess the dark guy @ the extrene end shuld be ugwu the hilarious house boy,genevieve playing the part of ms adebayo who liked odenigbo but he didn't seem to like her.but this lady doesn't seem skinny like kainne was described.onyeka onwenu playing mama,can't wait to watch this movie let me see how all the characters were played out.
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by macof(m): 1:21pm On Aug 02, 2014
bloglover: How much last! or do I wait for Aba boys to reduce the price?

grin grin asin! thank God for Aba boys
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 02, 2014
oooh see dat boy 4 star wars episode VII...
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by morsadh(m): 3:37pm On Aug 02, 2014
AmenJoan: Just saw it, was kinda disappointed. Maybe as a result of the fact that the book is far more interesting.
. Not many film adaptations deliver the same satisfaction and entertainment like the books
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by Nomski0(f): 8:40pm On Aug 02, 2014
buttchick: The novel wasn't all that. I still prefer 'Purple Hibiscus' to it. undecided

Hell Yeah!

Half of a Yellow sun was an unexpected delight but nothing beats Purple Hibiscus. cool
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by Jayboy124: 10:12pm On Aug 02, 2014
buttchick: The novel wasn't all that. I still prefer 'Purple Hibiscus' to it. undecided

Purple Hibiscus is much better.

HOAYS just has themes that are more commercial.
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 03, 2014
Yeah. Watched it yesterday too. Wasn't all that. I wonder why they didn't include the house boy in d script. I jumped pages just to read him. Mtchew.

Jayboy124:

Purple Hibiscus is much better.

HOAYS just has themes that are more commercial.

And nomski0: on the money, you are.
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by anonymous6(f): 11:30am On Aug 03, 2014
fightforchange1: I wish I was in Nigeria to see this movie.
too bad...

You can buy the movie on DVD from Barnes and noble
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dvd-half-of-a-yellow-sun-chiwetel-ejiofor/26473806?ean=12233201024

I'm planning to buy the movie myself
Re: FINALLY! 'Half Of A Yellow Sun' Premieres In Nigeria Today (August 1st) by manny4life(m): 1:13am On Aug 04, 2014
I watched the movie, great movie, liked some parts of it, but I was a bit disappointed at how the story was told. I understand the story must be told from a sympathetic view, what I don't understand is, although Biafrans lost, how their effort was undermined. Good movie but they could have done better.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nancy Isime Double In Shanty Town Exposed (18+) / #bbnaija: Khloe Wins Head Of House! / Strike Back Season 5!!! Its Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.