Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,643 members, 7,861,982 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 03:51 AM

Rochas Tragedy Okorocha's Imo: Contractors Flee With Mobilisation Fees - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rochas Tragedy Okorocha's Imo: Contractors Flee With Mobilisation Fees (6527 Views)

Ngige,ex Gov. Of Anambra Spotted As Security Of Okorocha Imo State Gov (photo) / PDP Chieftains Offered Me N3bn To Impeach Okorocha – Imo Speaker / Rochas Okorocha (imo State Governor Elect) To Be President Come 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rochas Tragedy Okorocha's Imo: Contractors Flee With Mobilisation Fees by Descartes: 11:12am On Aug 02, 2014
Obiagelli:
on this thread yes.
Oby you are damn funny wink cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Rochas Tragedy Okorocha's Imo: Contractors Flee With Mobilisation Fees by LordMecuzy(m): 11:12am On Aug 02, 2014
Sincere9gerian: There are two non-performing governors in the southeast- Rochas Okorocha and Theodore Orji. However, the annoying thing is that while Theodore Orji does not pretend about his non-performance, Rochas Okorocha goes about his with so much deceit, hypocrisy and empty noise.

Mr Man u do not know anything about IMO

I Guess u are Olisa metuh
Re: Rochas Tragedy Okorocha's Imo: Contractors Flee With Mobilisation Fees by ak47mann(m): 11:12am On Aug 02, 2014
rochas is a failure cool

4 Likes

Re: Rochas Tragedy Okorocha's Imo: Contractors Flee With Mobilisation Fees by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 02, 2014
Obiagelli:
pics of Sincer9geria's abandoned projects?
as at January this year. ..list of some of the abandoned projects..

4 Likes

Re: Rochas Tragedy Okorocha's Imo: Contractors Flee With Mobilisation Fees by gratieao: 11:25am On Aug 02, 2014
Sincere9gerian: There are two non-performing governors in the southeast- Rochas Okorocha and Theodore Orji. However, the annoying thing is that while Theodore Orji does not pretend about his non-performance, Rochas Okorocha goes about his with so much deceit, hypocrisy and empty noise.
Chai!

1 Like

Re: Rochas Tragedy Okorocha's Imo: Contractors Flee With Mobilisation Fees by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 02, 2014
BADNEAT: as at January this year. ..list of some of the abandoned projects..
is this what the noise is about? I can't believe igbos are doing this to their own. The op should come and tell us about Enugu fraud secretariat.

Over 4,000 Projects Abandoned in Niger Delta,
Says NDDC Chair

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/over-4-000-projects-abandoned-in-niger-delta-says-nddc-chair/180734/
Re: Rochas Tragedy Okorocha's Imo: Contractors Flee With Mobilisation Fees by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 02, 2014
Obiagelli:
is this what the noise is about? I can't believe igbos are doing this to their own. The op should come and tell us about Enugu fraud secretariat.

Says NDDC Chair

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/over-4-000-projects-abandoned-in-niger-delta-says-nddc-chair/180734/
we are talking about the cow that is about to die and you're talking about a chicken that died last year. ...do not deviate from the issues raised...that Mr. A went to the market naked last week doesn't mean we should allow Mr.B do the same. ..be reasonable

8 Likes

Re: Rochas Tragedy Okorocha's Imo: Contractors Flee With Mobilisation Fees by Descartes: 11:40am On Aug 02, 2014
Obiagelli:

Says NDDC Chair

Oby all these are damage control, angry
Accept the reality. cool

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Tragedy Okorocha's Imo: Contractors Flee With Mobilisation Fees by Abagworo(m): 11:52am On Aug 02, 2014
Where are the abandoned projects in Imo to start with?
Re: Rochas Tragedy Okorocha's Imo: Contractors Flee With Mobilisation Fees by obayaya(m): 1:16pm On Aug 02, 2014
Obiagelli: op how far with that N13.6bn Enugu secretariat, is the efcc still probing?

See evasion tactics cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Rochas Tragedy Okorocha's Imo: Contractors Flee With Mobilisation Fees by Descartes: 1:52pm On Aug 02, 2014
obayaya:

See evasion tactics cheesy
I guess that is Berem with her pseudomonicker, angry
We are talking about the looting spree under Alhaji Okorocha watch and she is pointing finger to another direction. grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Tragedy Okorocha's Imo: Contractors Flee With Mobilisation Fees by obayaya(m): 2:11pm On Aug 02, 2014
Descartes:
I guess that is Berem with her pseudomonicker, angry
We are talking about the looting spree under Alhaji Okorocha watch and she is pointing finger to another direction. grin cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy all join

I just paid attention to your moniker for the first time. I guess the great Rene Descartes is the inspiration behind the moniker? cool

Cognito ergo sum grin
Re: Rochas Tragedy Okorocha's Imo: Contractors Flee With Mobilisation Fees by Descartes: 2:13pm On Aug 02, 2014
obayaya:

cheesy cheesy cheesy all join

I just paid attention to your moniker for the first time. I guess the great Rene Descartes is the inspiration behind the moniker? cool

Cognito ergo sum grin

Yes I am cool
He was a great philosopher and Mathematician
Founder of Cartesian Cordinates smiley
Re: Rochas Tragedy Okorocha's Imo: Contractors Flee With Mobilisation Fees by obayaya(m): 2:19pm On Aug 02, 2014
Descartes:
Yes I am cool
He was a great philosopher and Mathematician
Founder of Cartesian Cordinates smiley

And the father of modern philosophy!!! cool
Re: Rochas Tragedy Okorocha's Imo: Contractors Flee With Mobilisation Fees by Descartes: 2:25pm On Aug 02, 2014
obayaya:

And the father of modern philosophy!!! cool
Gbam!! cool
He did a lot of work in both philosophy and mathematics which earned him a good reputation till his death cool
Re: Rochas Tragedy Okorocha's Imo: Contractors Flee With Mobilisation Fees by amarilo: 2:37pm On Aug 02, 2014
You don't need a picture of abandoned road, even if somebody produce a picture you still gonna twist by blaming agbaso, or PDP. Nkume-umudioka-umuowa-owerriebiri-umuna to orlu road. This road was in good condition until that Rochas came in with his contractors to make a mess of the road since 2012 January. Amaifeke junction to Owerri same story. The worst part is that the road is a federal road and he messed it up without repairing it. A motor able road with little or no pot whole. Amaigbo road in orlu town center, owuns avenue, Tijani road that runs at the back of the stadium, the road that passes in front of General Nwamkpi hotel, too many of them to mention. The only road finished since 2012 is Enugu road. The above roads are bad as at Feb 2014. Mind you he started them jan. 2012. So abagworo can you tell us the completed roads in Orlu.

5 Likes

Re: Rochas Tragedy Okorocha's Imo: Contractors Flee With Mobilisation Fees by obayaya(m): 2:43pm On Aug 02, 2014
Descartes:
Gbam!! cool
He did a lot of work in both philosophy and mathematics which earned him a good reputation till his death cool

Cognito ergo sum (I think, therefore I am)
Re: Rochas Tragedy Okorocha's Imo: Contractors Flee With Mobilisation Fees by Descartes: 2:44pm On Aug 02, 2014
obayaya:

Cognito ergo sum (I think, therefore I am)
Good to know cool
Re: Rochas Tragedy Okorocha's Imo: Contractors Flee With Mobilisation Fees by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 02, 2014
It's been months I wrote a reply on Nairaland. With this thread I can't help but give first hand details and experience of my short lived stay in Imo state as a Contractor and a Project Engr.

2.4km Umuapu Old Port Harcourt Road. Most of you who toll Osha-Ph or vice versa will notice that bad spot along the express before the police check point at Ohaji Egbema, the adjourning by-pass into the village running parallel to the expressway; that's the road that saw me and my friends cry cuz we lost funds there.

Let me address the issue raised by Mr. Ujah that as delivering lectures on road stability and design in Imo State. The roads were designed using NDDC standards with stonebase and all what it takes to make a durable road but for the Ministry of Works Imo state and their counter-parts at the Ministry of Local govt and chieftaincy affairs who gave a BOQ and BEME contrary to design. Imo state govt was paying 60million naira/km of road with a 500m distribution of drainage. So the 2.4km Umuapu old Port Harcourt road had a 1km drainage distribution with one culvert allocated to it irrespective of contractors' engr's advice.

Lemme break it down and whomever wants evidence of my claim can pm me or I may get to scan them and paste here.
Mob 2million
Earthwork-Priming (MC1) 12million
Surface dressing- Asphalt 30million
Culvert 1.2million
Drainage 15milion

I must have lost the accurate firgures in my head but take this as an overview and ask yourself the quality of road that can come out of this budget and approved BEME. It was hell as I argued with inspectors on the need to grant at least 2.8km of drain on the road but I remember that day that those men were very much interested in BROWN ENVELOP. I need to remind you guys that that road was primed 4 times waiting for asphalt as the committee in charge of works from the state legislators ceeded the asphalting of all roads in Imo state under construction to BlueGate asphalt coy cuz the owner had ties with the speaker state house. I later saw a viral pic of Mr. Stan Dala on fb kneeling b4 Rochas. Stan Dala was the committee chairman(Hon house member), Lilian Asuzu Sec(Perm Sec Min of Lg & Chieftaincy affairs). I get loads of gist but the bottom line is MOST CONTRACTORS INCLUDING OURS in Imo state carried works out without a dime and waited months pleading for their money back. For eachtime I pass through that road am saddened but then relieved that I learnt a lot. Zenith Bank was the official bank then. So I state once again that the Govt of Imo state was riddled with so much corruption that should a contractor be said to elope with govt funds people should ask where are the others whose funds were not released!

5 Likes

Re: Rochas Tragedy Okorocha's Imo: Contractors Flee With Mobilisation Fees by poiZon: 3:19pm On Aug 02, 2014
Abagworo: When you read the names of the people like Mike Ahamba, Onwuliri etc. you will easily know the authenticity of the story. Their plans then was for Okorocha to give contracts to their cronies and they'd share the money without executing the projects like it was in the past but Okorocha being a much wiser man had to free himself from them and finally nailing them by impeachment of his deputy who was directly involved in contract racketeering. All the contracts awarded since the removal of Jude Agbaso have been very speedy in completion.

that s to say they now use 3months to complete 3yrs job. this na real chinese arrangee!
Re: Rochas Tragedy Okorocha's Imo: Contractors Flee With Mobilisation Fees by millionaireman: 3:32pm On Aug 02, 2014
Orlu is worst hit by Rochas Okorocha's administration. Since 2012, abandoned road projects have restricted movements and commerce from one part of the city to the other. Dust rising from uncompleted roads is most likely to increase incidences of lung diseases in inhabitants of Orlu. Does Rochas Okorocha know or care about this?

In Orlu, the Old Owerri Road, New Owerri Road, Amaigbo Road, road fromTesac to St. Joseph Church, Morning Star Girls Secondary School road, even IMSUTH road, etc., they have all been scrapped and remain dusty since 2012.

How could a governor Okorocha ruin a multimillion Naira Sam Okwaraji Stadium built by his predecessors in Orlu without ensuring that a new stadium is in place? No organized sports competition in Orlu since Okorocha came on board.

Politics apart, humanity first, Okorocha needs to complete these projects in Orlu before May 29, 2015.
Re: Rochas Tragedy Okorocha's Imo: Contractors Flee With Mobilisation Fees by Abagworo(m): 3:55pm On Aug 02, 2014
Milionaireman the liar. The new Orlu Stadium is complete with just the grassing remaining and all the roads in Orlu township have long been completed with functional streetlights.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Tragedy Okorocha's Imo: Contractors Flee With Mobilisation Fees by Abagworo(m): 4:06pm On Aug 02, 2014
Some of the over 200 completed rural schools in Imo State.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Tragedy Okorocha's Imo: Contractors Flee With Mobilisation Fees by Descartes: 4:13pm On Aug 02, 2014
@Abagworo, you just uploaded variant pictures of one edifice shocked shocked
Re: Rochas Tragedy Okorocha's Imo: Contractors Flee With Mobilisation Fees by Abagworo(m): 4:16pm On Aug 02, 2014
Descartes: @Abagworo, you just uploaded variant pictures of one edifice shocked shocked

Look very well and spot the clear difference in all the pictures. You can tell from vegetation and soil type as well as environment.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Tragedy Okorocha's Imo: Contractors Flee With Mobilisation Fees by Descartes: 4:20pm On Aug 02, 2014
Abagworo:

Look very well and spot the clear difference in all the pictures. You can tell from vegetation and soil type as well as environment.
You are trying to be smart by a half. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Rochas Tragedy Okorocha's Imo: Contractors Flee With Mobilisation Fees by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 02, 2014
pasino26: It's been mosts I wrote a reply on Nairaland. With this thread I can't help but give first hand details and experience of my short lived stay in Imo state as a Contractor and a Project Engr.

2.4km Umuapu Old Port Harcourt Road. Most of you who toll Osha-Ph or vice versa will notice that bad spot along the express before the police check point at Ohaji Egbema, the adjourning by-pass into the village running parallel to the expressway; that's the road that saw me and my friends cry cuz we lost funds there.

Let me address the issue raised by Mr. Ujah that as delivering lectures on road stability and design in Imo State. The roads were designed using NDDC standards with stonebase and all what it takes to make a durable road but for the Ministry of Works Imo state and their counter-parts at the Ministry of Local govt and chieftaincy affairs who gave a BOQ and BEME contrary to design. Imo state govt was paying 60million naira/km of road with a 500m distribution of drainage. So the 2.4km Umuapu old Port Harcourt road had a 1km drainage distribution with one culvert allocated to it irrespective of contractors' engr's advice.

Lemme break it down and whomever wants evidence of my claim can pm me or I may get to scan them and paste here.
Mob 2million
Earthwork-Priming (MC1) 12million
Surface dressing- Asphalt 30million
Culvert 1.2million
Drainage 15milion

I must have lost the accurate firgures in my head but take this as an overview and ask yourself the quality of road that can come out of this budget and approved BEME. It was hell as I argued with inspectors on the need to grant at least 2.8km of drain on the road but I remember that day that those men were very much interested in BROWN ENVELOP. I need to remind you guys that that road was primed 4 times waiting for asphalt as the committee in charge of works from the state legislators ceeded the asphalting of all roads in Imo state under construction to BlueGate asphalt coy cuz the owner had ties with the speaker state house. I later saw a viral pic of Mr. Stan Dala on fb kneeling b4 Rochas. Stan Dala was the committee chairman(Hon house member), Lilian Asuzu Sec(Perm Sec Min of Lg & Chieftaincy affairs). I get loads of gist but the bottom line is MOST CONTRACTORS INCLUDING OURS in Imo state carried works out without a dime and waited months pleading for their money back. For eachtime I pass through that road am saddened but then relieved that I learnt a lot. Zenith Bank was the official bank then. So I state once again that the Govt of Imo state was riddled with so much corruption that should a contractor be said to elope with govt funds people should ask where are the others whose funds were not released!
So sad. But Abagworo would want us to believe that all is well. Rochas is a scam

4 Likes

Re: Rochas Tragedy Okorocha's Imo: Contractors Flee With Mobilisation Fees by cooltone: 4:30pm On Aug 02, 2014
PDP deceiving Nigerians since 1999. You people can never deceive Imolites again, OP and other PDP sympathizers please help us tell Jonathan to do and commission projects in Imo state. We are tired of the gang up by the expired politicians against the best governor in Nigeria. For anybody to convince us to vote PDP in Imo state, they should show us what we have benefited from GEJ's rule from 2011 till date and we will gladly follow.

1 Like

Re: Rochas Tragedy Okorocha's Imo: Contractors Flee With Mobilisation Fees by cooltone: 4:31pm On Aug 02, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
So sad. But Abagworo would want us to believe that all is well. Rochas is a scam

Where is our 20 billion dollars?

2 Likes

Re: Rochas Tragedy Okorocha's Imo: Contractors Flee With Mobilisation Fees by Abagworo(m): 4:34pm On Aug 02, 2014
Descartes:
You are trying to be smart by a half. cheesy

Meaning you've seen but yet deny. What about this Diagnostic and renal centre with MRI?

Do you doubt this one too?

1 Like

Re: Rochas Tragedy Okorocha's Imo: Contractors Flee With Mobilisation Fees by Descartes: 4:38pm On Aug 02, 2014
Abagworo:

Meaning you've seen but yet deny. What about this Diagnostic and renal centre with MRI?

Hope these pictorial evidence represent reality tongue
Re: Rochas Tragedy Okorocha's Imo: Contractors Flee With Mobilisation Fees by oldenglish: 5:20pm On Aug 02, 2014
Abagworo:

Where is the location of that renal center pls.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures : Lessons From Libya Before And After! / Confusion In Aso-rock As Buhari Shock APC Chieftains Over His 2019 Presidential / BREAKING: Orji Kalu Seals Major Oil Deal With Venezuelan Govt (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.